main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Wrong Reason (New JA Story) AUTHOR'S NOTES (1/31)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Joon, Nov 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Oh is that how it goes HAL? *ponders a minute*

A lot most go wrong in school life huh?

LOL :D

2. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    The sun had yet to rise by the time Qui-Gon knocked extra loud on Obi-Wan's door to rouse the sleeping student. It took far longer than usual to get him up. While not being much of a morning person, missions always got Obi-Wan up and ready to go, even at the crack of dawn. But this particular morning, it had taken Qui-Gon at least two minutes of straight knocking to get the student out of bed.

The Jedi Master had actually been more amused than annoyed at the extra time spent. He had seen Obi-Wan nearly collapse into bed the night before after having sparred Wes Ban'An in lightsaber class that afternoon. While Qui-Gon had yet to see Padawan Ban'An in action, Damaeo had often praised the student's skill and abilities. And judging by Obi-Wan's exhaustion after over three hours of fighting the older boy, the Jedi Master had no reason to doubt the assessment.

"Up yet, padawan?" asked Qui-Gon in a good natured tone as Obi-Wan came more or less stumbling out of his room, dressed with a satchel packed. The spiky haired student rubbed tiredly at his eyes and blinked owlishly at the older man.

"Just fine," he answered, the last word being lost in a yawn.

Qui-Gon only smiled. "Good. Our transport awaits us." Obi-Wan only muttered something back.

The Temple felt nearly deserted as the two boarded the assigned transport which was rather of large size for just the two of them. Obi-Wan immediately plopped down on a seat, not even settling his satchel off to one side or taking off his robe. Qui-Gon could even guess that the minute the boy's rear had touched the seat, he had fallen back asleep.

The Jedi Master gave his student a thoughtful look before saying in a rather loud whisper, "Do you wish to fly us out of the hanger, padawan?"

Obi-Wan, who normally lived to hear those words, didn't even flinch as he began to snore lightly. Qui-Gon's eyebrow rose as he seated himself in the pilot seat. His student must be exhausted..

+++++++++++++++++++

THREE HOURS LATER

Lewix glanced at the closed door to Neela's room as he sipped at his morning coffee. That was odd. Neela had class in half an hour and was usually up by that time. Rising from the breakfast table, the tall Jedi knocked lightly on the door.

"Neela?" he inquired. "You'll be late for class."

Nothing.

He rapped his knuckles louder on the door before trying it. It opened without any words of protest from the occupant that should have been there. Instead, an empty room greeted Lewix's entrance. Frowning, he looked around the place. Could Neela have left extremely early without telling him? Scanning the space, the knight noticed that several of Neela's data pads still lay scattered on a small table she had used as a desk in the past few days. She always took those to her classes.

Rushing out of the room, Lewix opened the main closet door. In confirmation of his suspicion, Neela's robe and satchel were both gone. Without bothering to grab his own robe, Lewix ran out of his quarters.

3. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Uh-oh...
    Neela's gone...

And I loved the part about Obi-Wan plonking down into his seat and falling asleep right away! :D

x Clare x

4. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Lewix doesn't catch on very quickly, does he? Wes really tired Obi-Wan out, too. Great post!

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I loved the way that Obi-Wan normally lived to hear those words about flying the shuttle out of the hangar, but how this time, he had fallen right back to sleep as soon as he'd sat down. Wes must have really taken it out of him. (Good job, Wes!)

Uh oh. How long will Lewix search the Temple for Neela? Or is he dashing to the hangar in the hopes that the shuttle won't have left yet?

6. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Ah, finally home after six hours on a bus. Can't wait to eat some good home cooking!!

Anyways, I'll try and post something this weekend.

--HAL

7. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    :D Great post.

Sorry about the biochem exam Lina.

Happy turkey day, all!

8. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
  9. Jedi_Joon

Jedi_Joon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2001
    Here's the 2nd part to Healer Apprentice Lina's post sent over.
    Oh, and hope that everyone had a nice turkey day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Right, so, again, I realize I switch POV's again but I thought it sort of worked. Bear with me!

It seemed bad days were becoming common occurances to Wes. The 18 year old had woken up in his bed with a sickening feeling in his throat of what had transpired only a few hours ago. Despite having fallen into a restless sleep, guilt and worries plagued him even in his dreams. He had risen quickly and left the apartment he shared with Master Soov, leaving his teacher only a quick note stating he had plans to work out before his classes. He intended not to have that remain a lie.

The brown haired student hurried along to the practice rooms, determined to at least try and put aside just what he had done. It's her choice. It's her decision. Even if I had stopped her. She would have found another way, justified Wes. He had no doubt it was true. He knew Neela and her always present stubbornness. He had seen it in her when they had been smaller children and knew that of all things in the world that were inconquerable, one that was always a given was Neela's stubbornness.

It would have been pointless to stop her, Wes said to the guilt that stayed firmly lodged in his throat.

Swallowing hard, Wes quickened his pace along the corridors, while attempting to pat down and control the angles his hair was now standing in. He didn't have his first class until the 9th hour which gave him sometime to practice a few katas before. Most of the practice rooms should be empty. Passing by a set of classrooms, a single voice made the padawan halt in his steps.

"She isn't here, Knight Winchard."

Winchard. Lewix Winchard. Sith.

Out of the corner of his eye, Wes saw the tall figure of Lewix Winchard speaking rapidly to a female Jedi that Wes recognized as an old physics teacher he had had a few years ago.

"Classes began ten minutes ago, Knight Winchard. If Neela had planned on showing up for class, she would be here," said the slightly put off instructor.

Wes felt his own guilt spike as he saw the frustrated expression on Lewix's face that blended with an underlying anxiety. The padawan stood staring at the dark haired Jedi for another beat before turning to quickly walk away. But it was already too late. Lewix had noticed someone staring at him. But more importantly, he had noticed a presence shield his mind quickly.

Abruptly breaking off his conversation with Neela's teacher without a word, Lewix hurriedly bolted out of the classroom and quickly looked down both sides of the corridor before hie eyes fell upon a retreating figure. A grim line set across the tall man's mouth as he took off after the figure. In his wake, a Jedi instructor and 20 sets of startled padawan eyes stared after Lewix who had burst into their classroom looking decidedly rumpled in just his tunics.

As Lewix began to close the distance between him and his target, he had a distinct feeling the person in front was trying to walk a little faster. But before he could make much progress, Lewix clamped a hand over the slightly shorter boy's shoulder and spun him around. A pair of startled but guarded black eyes looked up at him. They were blanked of any detectable pupils which let Lewix know immediately that the student was Eaanian. It had to be Wes Ban'An.

"D'you want something?" asked the boy in a slightly rude tone.

Lewix's own dark eyes stared at the guarded face with a piercing look. And while the object of his scrutiny shifted noticeably under the intimidating gaze, he didn't look away from the Jedi Knight. "You're Wes Ban'An," said Lewix.

"So? Wot if I am?" demanded the younger student, his native accent slipping out quickly. It always irritably did that whenever Wes got nervous.

Lewix gripped the boy's shoulder tighter. "You're a friend of Neela's. Where is she?" he demanded. The dark eyes were serious, if not dangerously on the verge of becoming angry. A fe

10. Amidelta

Amidelta Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 8, 2001
    Ooooh, man, is Lewix upset, and rightly so! Did Neela really expect Wes to cover for her? This is going to get ugly...

Post more soon! :D

11. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    What's gonna happen to Wes??? Great post.

12. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Well, he'd probably be forced to eat Yoda's Gruel while having to submit himself to medical research testing run by An-Paj as punishment for his stupid actions but then again, I'm not in charge of writing Wes' punishment so he might get off more easy under Joon's ideas.

13. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Yoda's gruel?? Yeah, Joon better be nicer!

14. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    YUCK!! Yoda's Gruel? Would I be so mean? Well...actually...if this story garders enough readers' interest, I might continue it in which case you'll all get a chance to see how mean to Wes I can be! Or for that matter, ALL the characters!!

But I'll just continue w/this one for now. Next post is mine and I'm still writing it.

15. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Nice touch with Wes' native accent only popping up when he's nervous. I liked the part where he was saying that Neela's brain was always working. Lewix seems very observant, sensing Wes' shields going up suddenly like that, and being able to home in on the guilty party.

Is he going to go chasing after Neela, or simply demand that the shuttle be re-called?

16. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Uh oh, sounds like Wes is in trouble now. I hope they won't go too hard on him. Will Lewix go after Neela or will they just try to contact Qui-Gon and let him know she is on the ship?

17. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    uh oh!!!!!

18. Angel_girl

Angel_girl Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2001
    Poor Wes! Great job JJ! Way-2-go!

19. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    Still working on the post. Darnit! Why is Obi-Wan so hard to write?!

Okay...better now. Right. Off to write some more. Will post soon.

20. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    Ok, so this post doesn't have Obi-Wan in it but I'll get him in the next one. I just had to put up something before this thread went completely forgotten.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wes wondered if Knight Winchard was purposefully holding his collar as tight as possible to cut off some of his air. The Eaanian felt he had little choice as Lewix forcibly dragged him towards the Council's meeting room. Upon arrival, the sure force of Lewix's simmering temper got even the padawan who was on door duty at the Council's chamber start.

"I need to see the Council NOW," said Lewix. Wes felt bad for the smaller girl because he knew she would have to at least verbally object once.

"The Council is currently holding a private sess-"

"I don't care if the Council is holding a private anything," cut in Lewix, darkly. "Tell them it is an emergency. My name is Knight Lewix Winchard."

"But Knight Winchard, I can't go barging in this minute," protested the girl, her hands threatening to start wringing in nervousness. She cast one look at Wes as if he could help her when it was obvious by his position that he didn't even have breathing rights currently.

"Either you go barging or I do. Take your pick."

"But-"

"Fine."

Giving Wes a rough tug, Lewix all but bowled the smaller girl over and slammed his free hand on the doors to open them. All twelve heads turned towards the loud interruption and watched in momentary mute surprise as Lewix finally let go of Wes and all but pushed him forward. The Eaanian caught himself from falling after taking rather large steps, nearly ending up at Mace Windu's feet.

"What is this interruption?" demanded Plo Koon.

"Neela is gone," said Lewix, immediately, his dark eyes stating no apology for the rude entrance. "She left on the same transport that carried Qui-Gon Jinn to Goliathan."

That got a faint stir from the Council, though everyone remained silent. Finally, Master Yoda's large eyes fell on Wes who stood off to one side. "Brought him, why have you?" asked the green Jedi Master.

"He knew she was leaving. He KNEW she was going off on this...suicide to try and locate Damaeo's killers. He stupidly let her go last night without notifying anyone of her actions," stated Lewix, darkly. His gaze practically murdered Wes where he stood.

"Is this true?" asked Adi Gallia. Her bright eyes looked at Wes and while they remained expressionless, they were a sight better than the glare Lewix was giving him.

"Yes," answered Wes, softly. "I'm sorry. I really am. It's just...she....I couldn't stop 'er.."

"You could have told someone!" Lewix cut in with a near shout. "If anything happens to Neela, it will be YOUR responsibility!"

"Knight Winchard-" began Mace, sternly but the dark-haired Jedi continued, unabated.

"She was Master Damaeo's padawan for Force's sake! The same man who saved you from being thrown out of this Temple and you repay him by endangering his padawan?" demanded Lewix.

"Enough. Enough, you have said," said Yoda, his gimmer stick banging only once on the hard floor.

Wes clamped down on his inside lower lip, hard. He could taste the copper quality of his blood immediately but only pressed harder to keep his expression from changing. Any guilt he felt before now had exploded inside his chest and was flooding his entire body, making it hard for him to even breath properly.

"You have to send for the transport to come back," said Lewix, urgently, his manner now changing. "You have to bring her back here."

"We had received word from Master Jinn only a few moments ago," said Mace. "The transport carrying them arrived on Goliathan half an hour ago."

Wes shut his eyes. Sith. It was too late.

21. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    ACK! Or should I say "And she's off!" ? Loved the way Lewix gave the council aide a choice about who would be doing the barging in, and finally did it himself. Poor Wes! What a load of guilt to be shoved on him, about repaying Damaeo by endangering his padawan. What's going to happen next? Good luck on writing Obi-Wan, because I want to see more soon!

22. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Phew! Just caught up with this story...I just wanted you to know that I love it to bits! :)

23. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    Thanks Jane and Jemmiah!
    Yeah, Obi-Wan a tough one to write for me. But he'll have to make his appearances. I'll post s'more later.

24. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Poor Wes, Lewix is starting to make me made, I hope Yoda hits him with his gimmer stick. :}

25. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    hahaha! Yoda's gimmer stick! love that thing.

anyways, for one whose interested in learning some background info. about Lewix and Neela's deceased master Damaeo, I've started a short thread that tells the friendship btwn. the two Jedi. It's called "You Are So Strange" and it's only going to be four posts long. Two are already up. It's a good place to learn more about Damaeo as I killed off the poor guy before he was ever really developed:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=4842785&replies=16

It also might be a good thing to check out in case you like the characters of Neela and Lewix. There're some interesting hints put in there regarding those two. Especially if this thread spawns maybe one more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.