main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The X-Wing Files--"The Obvious Truth" Wedge/Iella updated 12/6

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LoriLynn, Dec 21, 2011.

1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Hehe. Wi fic. Do they have a motion controller? [face_laugh]

These are fun little viggies, Lori!

2. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    Much love to everyone who has reviewed so far. I'm glad you guys are enjoying my little adventures!
    I just finished reading Solo Command, which is by far my favorite book in the series so far. Rogues, Wraiths, Han Solo...what's not to love? [face_love] I'm planning on a writing a piece of Myn/Lara(Kirney) fluff, but I had to get this out of the way first.
    I'm not really sure what that daliance has to do with this fic, but...yeah there you go! :p

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

That Which Ails You (7.5 ABY, Mon Remonda)

Wedge stood in the passageway listening to the sounds of anguish echoing from within the room. On the opposite side of the door, Brevet Captain Face Loran leaned against the wall scratching at his fingernails and sighing every few seconds.

?How do you want to approach this?? Wedge asked.

Face shrugged. ?I?ve always thought that honesty was the best policy.? At his CO?s raised brow, the one-time holostar smirked. ?If you coddle him, it will only make matters worse. We treat this like a bacta patch: one swift rip.?

Wedge nodded mutely, his arms crossed over his chest, a large sack slung over his shoulder. This was Commander Antilles, not just Wedge.

?One last thing. Is it really necessary for both of us to be here?? Face asked.

Wedge leveled him with a strong gaze and nodded. ?He?s as much your responsibility as he is mine.?

Face fought the urge to roll his eyes as he brought himself to stand upright in front of the door. He took a deep breath and steeled himself for what lay ahead. ?All right, let?s do this.?

The metal door slid aside allowing a shaft of light to enter before them, but it did little to illuminate dim room. They could see the bunk against the far wall, a lumpy mass atop it, and various items scattered around the floor beneath it. A guttural moan echoed from said lump causing both men to pause their steps.

?Wes??

There was no discernable answer in any language that either Wedge or Face recognized, just another sad, pathetic moan.

?Wes, we need to talk to you,? Face said. He pulled a chair over from the corner and sat backward on it, his chest resting against the chair?s back.

The blankets were thrown backward and suddenly Wes?s head appeared, his hair sticking up in every which way. He leveled each pilot with a hard stare before taking a deep breath. ?Go ahead. What?s my diagnosis??

?You have??

?It?s the Candorian plague isn?t it?? Wes interrupted.

Face looked at Wedge, silently begging for help. ?It?s not the Candorian plague.?

?Oh no, it?s the Gray Death isn?t it? I knew it.?

?Are you a Yevetha?? Wedge asked to which Wes slowly shook his head. ?Then you could not have possibly contracted that particular disease.?

?Quannot?s Syndrome??

?Wes??

?Sweet Force,? his voice was laden with anxiety. ?It?s Nebellia isn?t it??

?Wes??

?I knew it. I?m dying. It wasn?t supposed to end like this. I?m supposed to go out in a blaze of glory, not this way. I can?t??

?LIEUTENANT JANSON!? Wedge?s bellow stopped Wes in his tracks and drew both men?s attention.

?Yes, sir??

?You have the Dantari flu. You?ll be fine in a day or two.? He stepped toward the bed, the forgotten satchel in his hand. He reached inside and pulled out a large, furry object and tossed it onto Wes?s bed.

?Lieutenant Kettch??

?He?s here to nurse you back to health,? Wedge grinned. ?Yub yub Lieutenant.?

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

I dedicate this little number to my mother and the fabulous stomach flu she bestowed upon me this past weekend. Thanks mommy! :rolleyes:

3. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Oooh, the wonders of stomach flu!
    Wes's "diagnosis" were priceless! He's just a big baby, isn't he? I can't help but love him, along with the rest of the Galaxy's favorite squadron... Can't wait for a next viggie! :D

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol! All men are just big babies when they are sick. Then again, Wes also acts like a 2 year old all the time.

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hehehe, Wes is such a baby!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love those pilots and their fun.

Great viggie

7. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Here's the thing, Lori- this WOULD be really funny- except for the fact that Joe is getting his wisdom teeth out next month and I fully anticipate living this very scene. [face_laugh] And I don't think Lt Kettch is going to feed him applesauce and yogurt for me. :p

Yub yub indeed.

(I still want a stuffed ewok- Salacious Crumb is exciting and all, but he's no Kettch)

8. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I love every last one of these; the characterization is spot on and the guys personalities really shine through. Though... I do find it amusing you seem to be going back in time ;)

The last one though had be laughing out loud - I knew it was Kettch once you mentioned Wedge had a satchel lol! What else would it be?

These are great - looking forward to the next little glimmer of enjoyment!

9. LoriLynn

Aug 13, 2011
    This chapter was also my entry for February's Calendar Challenge, but since it involves an X-Wing pilot I decided to post it here as well. Enjoy!!
    ------

Leaping for Joy

31 ABY--Coruscant

If asked to describe Tycho Celchu, most people would say he was a calm, collected individual, great leader, amazing fighter pilot and an even better friend. There were variations on that description, but the sentiment remained the same throughout.

But at the moment, that cool, almost somber Alderaanian had been replaced by what some might consider a raving lunatic. No one had ever seen Tycho so happy, not even his wife who now stared at him in astonished silence. He was literally bouncing up and down, shifting his weight from one foot to the other and back again, his body thrumming with excitement. Suddenly he froze, turned to Winter and enveloped her in a hug so fierce that her feet left the floor. He spun her around then immediately set her back down.

?I?m sorry,? his voice was somewhere between elation and panic. ?I didn?t hurt you did I??

?No.?

?And the baby??

Winter shook her head and smiled. ?The baby is fine.? She grabbed his hand and curled all his fingers down until only the pinky was left standing. ?Your baby is roughly this big,? she said pointing to his fingernail, ?so I don?t think a little hug is going to harm it.?

Tycho looked down at his finger, dumbfounded. ?That little??

?Uh huh.?

He studied her face for a moment before dropping to his knees and splaying his hand across her abdomen. ?I can?t believe you?re going to have a baby...we?re going to have a baby.?

?I know,? Winter whispered. ?We?ve been trying for so long. I was worried it would never happen.? Her hands found his and lay atop them.

?But now it has,? he leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss to the space between their fingers. ?And he?or she?will he here before we know it.?

One little announcement started Tycho jumping and he didn?t stop for the next eight and a half months.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Roughly six months later, he and Winter were laying in bed, each thoroughly engrossed in their own datapads when suddenly she startled. Tycho was immediately on high alert, as had been his default setting since the beginning.

?What?s wrong??

Her smile immediately settled his racing heart. ?Nothing.? Winter took his hand and placed it against her abdomen, shifting it to the left, then downward. ?You need to feel this.?

Tycho looked at her bewildered for a moment before he felt it. Very faintly, just below the surface he felt a soft lump?and then it moved. Tycho jumped a few inches, his eyes nearly doubling in size when the realization of what he was feeling struck him. ?Is that??

?That?s your son,? she laughed. ?Or your daughter.?

?Or both?? he asked excitedly.

Winter shook her head in adamant denial. ?No, there?s only one in there. Of that much, I am sure.?

He held his hand there for several minutes, his smile growing with each movement he felt, sometimes against his palm and sometimes against his fingertips. Tycho grinned, his body?which had been in a serene state of relaxation previous?was now literally shaking with exhilaration. He knew if there was any chance of sleep tonight that he needed to wind down again. Their apartment complex did have a 24 hour gym, and he briefly considered going for a run until his wife?s cold fingers on his arm drew his attention.

?Yes, love??

?I?m hungry,? she admitted. ?Are there any Banja cakes left??

Tycho laughed, ?I?m sure there are.? For the last three weeks their kitchen had been permanently stocked with the little bite size snacks, ever since they had become Winter?s favorite craving. Tycho enjoyed them as well, but perhaps not in the same way that his wife did. He disappeared from the bedroom only to return moments later carrying a plate filled with the sweet snacks in one hand and a small container in the other. He handed the plate to her, who balanced it precariously on her baby bump and reached for the container.

?Ugh, I don?t understand how you can eat them like that.?

Win

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! YES! YES YES YES. THIS IS TOTALLY CANON! Yup yup!

This makes me want to start my Tycho/Winter longfic.

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :D [face_dancing] =D=

Yes, this is canon and it's wonderful!

[:D]

12. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Okay, that was adorably fluffy and wonderful and I can just imagine Tycho doing that!

(P.S. My friend Brian and I host a new podcast called Tosche Station Radio and he featured this fic on Episode 4! :) )

13. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Cute, adorable, fluffy and a few other adjectives of that sort :D. This chapter made my day, thank you! I love it when tycho looses his cool...

14. LoriLynn

Aug 13, 2011
    So...special thanks to everyone who reviewed the last chapter (either on this thread or on my Calendar Challenge thread). I realize that was a little confusing, but I figured posting the same chapter in both threads would cover all my bases.
    The inspiration for this little piece was two-fold: 1) the fabulous Valentine's themed banner on the EU page and 2) LexiLupin's comment "Corran loves otters." I'm sure when she said that, she had NO idea it would spawn this...

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Like Father, Like Son (17 ABY, Coruscant)

He could handle this; he was a Rogue and a Jedi. Mirax would be home shortly?having been called out by Iella for some sort of emergency at NRI headquarters in which her expertise would be greatly appreciated?and until she returned, he was on his own. So with a deep breath, Corran Horn faced the scene quickly unfolding in his living room.

Valin took a deep breath?his father braced himself?and let out a blood curdling scream. ?Mine!?

For her part, Jysella looked nonplussed but merely continued to chew on the creature?s fluffy ear, her saliva soaking into the fabric and stuffing.

?Valin, there?s no need to yell,? Corran tried to reason with the four year old to no avail.

?Mine! Give back, Sella!?

?Valin??

?Mine!? As if sensing that his father would do nothing to solve the issue, Valin walked over to his sister who toddled on unsteady legs, and snatched the toy back. Then for good measure, he planted his hand against her breastbone and pushed her down.

Tears sprung to Jysella?s eyes, who at barely a year old could not comprehend why her brother was being so mean.

?Valin Horn!? Now Corran was mad. ?There is no reason to push your sister. On the couch, now.?

With a furious stomp of his foot, Valin climbed onto the couch, crossed his arms over his chest and pouted. Corran gathered his daughter into his arms and eventually managed to calm her hysterics. Glancing at the chrono on the wall, he realized that while it was a little early for nap time, it would make Valin?s little tantrum easier to deal with. ?You ready for a nap, baby girl?? He took Jysella back to the nursery, tucked her in with her favorite pink, fuzzy blanket, and kissed her forehead.

Valin was still pouting when he returned to the living room, but at least now he looked a bit pensive as well.

?Now, do you know why you?re on time out??

The boy clutched the stuffed animal closer to his chest. ?Sella tooked Woolywur,? he grumbled.

For some reason that name sounded familiar, but Corran brushed it off. If it were really important he would remember eventually. ?But did you need to push her down?? Valin dropped his eyes and shook his head. ?Then why did you??

?She tooked Woolywur!? he repeated, as if that simple statement was reason enough.

Corran sighed. Obviously his son was very attached to this toy but he had no idea why. ?Valin, can I see Woolywur?? The boy still appeared a bit wary but his father coaxed further. ?I just want to make sure Sella didn?t hurt him too much.?

?She. Woolywur?s a girl!? With great reluctance, Valin handed the stuffed animal to his father.

Corran took it in his hands, flipped the toy over and studied the creature. Brown fur covered its body from the head down to the short tail with white fur covering its stomach and stretching up its neck and beneath the snout. The longer he studied the animal, the harder the nagging became that he knew something about it.

He handed the stuffed animal back to his son who greedily accepted it and hugged it close to his chest. ?Where did Woolywur come from?? Corran asked.

?Unca Wes.?

Wes? Why would Wes Janson give my son a stuffed animal? He knew there had to be a sinister reasoning behind it. ?When did you get it??

?Lifeday.?

Okay?Valin?s lifeday was five months ago. Mirax was so mad I almost missed his party but it wasn?t my fault the Rogues got stuck on Corellia. And then it hit him. Now he understood why the creature looked so familiar. There were five planets in the Corellian system: Corellia, Tralus, Talus,

15. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Hahahahaha- you know I love this. Though I feel like I should point out that 'Corran loves otters' was not MY line, but is in one of the pink candy hearts on the EUC page- I was just quoting. [face_laugh]:p

Anyway, adore the 'otter love' (poor Chertyl- and Selonians in general, I guess). [face_love] Baby Jysella is awesome and toddler Valin is adorable. And, of course, takes after his daddy more than he realizes. [face_mischief]

Thanks for brightening my morning! [:D]

And glad to see that Wes shenanigans are still going full-swing. :D

16. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    That was hysterical.

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was so cute! :D [face_laugh]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved this with the toy and Corran's involvement in it.

So Wes to come up with that[face_laugh]

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Daddy! Corran is just cute fit to burst LOL And M/C together - yummy, Lori!

Maxipoo sure knows how to set the mood [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

And soothe ruffled feathers ;)

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    IT'S OTTER LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

*falls on the floor and dies laughing*

21. LoriLynn

Aug 13, 2011
    I'm so glad everyone is loving this! It's been a real pleasure to write. I think I'm falling in love with these characters all over again! Especially Wes who--I'm sure everyone will be delighted to hear--has the staring role in this drabble.
    And once again, this drabble was inspired by people at my gym. I call them Thelma * Louise and...well you'll see why. ;)

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Native Fashions (17 ABY, Adumar)

It had been almost five years since their last visit to the planet; it was not an experience that would earn Adumar a spot on the list of favored planets by New Republic pilots on leave, but it certainly did not lack in amusements. After a brief crash course on the intricacies of Adumari culture, Wedge Antilles, Tycho Celchu, Wes Janson, and Hobbie Klivian were thrown head first into a turbulent situation that eventually dissolved into civil war. The newly formed Adumari Union?headed by fearless New Republic pilot Wedge Antilles and assisted by his able bodied team?triumphed over the nation of Cartann, instilled a new Perator, stilted Imperial interest in the planet, and successfully initiated negotiations to bring Adumar into the New Republic.

Not bad for their first solo diplomatic mission.

And now, five years later, Wes and Hobbie found themselves in the Ankus system with a three day leave. Adumar was a short hyperspace jump away?less than half a day?s travel?and so the pair packed a few days worth of clothes, filled out the required paperwork, and made their jump toward three days of rest and relaxation.

?Rogue six? Rogue five, come in.?

Wes sighed, dropping his head to bang against the seat behind him. They had just dropped out of hyperspace a mere 3 seconds ago, but already he could hear the apprehension in his wingman?s voice. ?Hobbie, I don?t think designations are really necessary when it?s just the two of us.?

?Old habits,? Hobbie rolled his eyes regardless of whether Wes would see the gesture or not. ?We?re 30 klicks outside the Adumar system. Are you sure we want to go back??

?Yes I?m sure.?

?Because the last time we were here they tried to have us killed??

?It was an honor killing,? Wes argued.

?We had to wear those horrible clothes??

?I really miss that cape. Hey, maybe I can get another one??

Hobbie sighed. ?And we were forced to fight?and risk our lives for?a civil war in which we had absolutely no stake.?

?Ah, but my dour friend, you seem to be forgetting that we were also treated as heroes both before and after those events. So it could have been much worse.?

They managed to land in Cartann City with no problems and were even given landing platforms designated for visiting dignitaries at the air force base outside the city as well as transportation to their accommodations.

?Do you think they still use blastswords here or have they upgraded?? Wes asked before dropping onto the overstuffed couch in the seating area that separated their private rooms. Truthfully the rooms were outside of their normal price range, but?as Wes was not opposed to namedropping?they had been upgraded by the hotel management to the diplomatic suite.

?Judging by these brochures, I?d say it?s become more of a spectator sport.? Hobbie dropped the flimsy on his wing mate?s stomach. ?You looking to get into another duel??

Wes laughed, recalling his epic blastsword duel with Thanaer ke Sekae before the Perator of Cartann and the entire court. He had done it to save Cheriss ke Hanadi?s life and in turn had earned her gratitude and respect. Her gratitude was something that Wes would rather enjoy to experience a second time.

?I think I?ve hung up my blastsword for good. This Cartann Ground Champion has since retired,? he laughed. ?But I wouldn?t mind seeing one of these public expos. There?s one happening later tonight, you game??

Hobbie shrugged, impartial to the idea. ?Can we get something to eat first? I?m starving.?

They found a small tap café frequented by locals and recommended by the hotel staff just down the street. Taking a seat on the outdoor patio, they perused the vast menu for a few mi

22. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] I want one of those capes!!!

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh] oh Adumar! I will forever love those fashions.

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] My head hurts just from imagining those outfits.

25. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    ?Because the last time we were here they tried to have us killed??

?It was an honor killing,? Wes argued.

I like how that makes it okay. [face_laugh] Most people wouldn't care too much about the distinction.
    Then again, most people are not Wes.

He had done it to save Cheriss ke Hanadi?s life and in turn had earned her gratitude and respect. Her gratitude was something that Wes would rather enjoy to experience a second time.

BAD Wes! [face_shame_on_you]
    Well she did join the New Republic after Starfighters, didn't she? Maybe they crossed paths more times than we'll ever know... [face_whistling]

?Then how am I supposed to see their shoes??

Wes shrugged. ?I don?t know. Look at them just don?t look at them.?

I think Han and Wes attended the same school of semantics.
    Keep your distance, Chewie... but don't look like you're trying to keep your distance...

But the best part of the outfit was the shoes, made of some odd, synthetic material and festooned in the most garish colors possible. One pair was so pink that even the girliest of girls would think twice, and the second was a swirling mix of orange, red, and yellow. In essence, they were hideous no matter what planet they were on.

So, naturally, Wes just had to have them for himself! :D
    Poor Wedge- why does he put up with it? LOL

I think this story is twice as funny (and traumatizing) for me, having experienced your horror over the croc-wearing Thelma&Louise in real time. :p