1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning: Path of Heroes

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by greyjedi125, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KissSpooky Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 2, 2002
    star 2
    OOC: Wow, yep, this is definately the Xavier thread. Blink, and suddenly 2 pages have passed. hehe
    With the GM's permission, I'm also adding on another character:

    Alias: Mammoth
    Real Name: Derek Elroy Hermann (Elroy to most, Derek to his sister)
    Date of Birth: August 12, 1989
    Gender: Male

    Age: 16
    Height: 7?5?
    Weight: Approx 550lbs
    Eyes: One a chocolate brown, the other has become metal and no longer works as an eye.
    Hair: Bald (shaved head).

    Family: George Hermann (father), Michelle Hermann (mother), Karen Hermann (sister,

    missing)
    Marital Status: Single
    Species: Mutant
    Nationality: Black
    Team: X-Men

    Base of Operations: Xavier Institute (soon, anyway)

    Ability: Similar to the classic X-Man, Colossus, Mammoth?s body is covered in a nearly
    invulnerable organic metal, almost entirely. His head, and left hand remain flesh. He?s also grown to immense size (hence his codename), lending him incredible strength and sturdiness. Unfortunately, his powers seem to be out of control. He cannot revert to being totally flesh, and must wear special arm bands to keep his metal form from spreading any further, and engulfing his internal organs, killing him.

    Appearance: Due to his size, he tends to wear anything that can fit, but much tends to be custom made. In public, he tries to remain covered, he doesn't like scaring people, though that's usually inevitable (again, because of his size). He has yet to recieve a uniform.

    Other Special Features: Blind in one eye from his powers.

    Personality: Practically the definition of a gentle giant, Elroy hates violence. He loves cartoons, and flowers, and animals, treating them as delicately as his size allows. While not actually dumb, the boy can be a little slow. Deep inside he?s still a little boy who was teased and picked on, and so tries his hardest to make everyone happy.

    Weapons: He doesn?t like weapons, though his physical presence is as intimidating as any weapon.

    History/Background: A happy, if shy young boy, Elroy Hermann came from a rather run of the mill family from the Mid-West. He had a good relationship with his parents, but was epsecially close with his older sister, Karen. Growing up, he was picked on quite a bit, both because he was a little slow, mentally, but he also was overweight. Karen was always there to cheer him up after bigger kids teased and picked on him. That is, until she disappeared when she was 14 and he 11. She just didn't come home from school one day. The family contacted the police. A search was conducted, missing persons reports filed. And all it amounted to was a family with a great big hole in it.
    Elroy was devastated. This was exacerbated a short while later when his mutant power came about. It seemed at first like it was just Elroy hitting puberty and coming into his own, he started to grow in height and his fat began turning into muscle. Suddenly, the kids weren't picking on him. Some would take this opportunity to get revenge, but Elroy just wanted friends. Unfortunately, this couldn't last...his size and mass increase continued, and Elroy soon started getting covered in a hard metal casing, and didn't know how to make it stop.
    When his right eye became metal, and he went blind in it, his parents worry became panic. Contacting an old Native American friend of his with a gift for invention Elroy's father, George, begged for help for his son. Getting tested, it was concluded that unlike many mutants able to take a metallic form, Elroys internal organs would be absorbed by the power and no long function. Quickly whipping up a device (as was his way) to keep Elroy alive in the form of a pair of wrist armbands, George's Native friend put him in touch with a place in New York that he had ties with, the Xavier Institute, in hopes they could help.


    ******************************


    IC: Mammoth
    Approx. 10:30am, 3 blocks from the Institute.

    Elroy lumbered slowly along the road, his bags in his hands, a determined look on his face. "Xavier Institute for Higher Leaning, Xavier
  2. Dark-Enigma Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 8, 2006
    star 3
    IC: Grant Webber (The Anomaly)

    Diablo had handed the PSP back to the Grant in the middle of the pack. This Grant handed it to the Grant on the left edge, which was the original Grant, and they all formed a line and entered the veritable Grant's body until they all formed one Grant once again (phew). Grant looked down and saw that the screen was black. That better have saved, Grant thought. He walked back to his seat and sat down, waiting for the assembly to begin.

    So far, this was shaping out to be a pretty eventful day. First, a Mutant had actually entered his PSP, and then another plucked it from his grasp, forcing him to clone himself four times. It actually felt quite good considering he hadn't done it in a while.

    Grant carelessly looked around the vivacious lawn, glancing at a myriad of Mutants until he found James. He laughed to himself. Always going for the ladies. More power to him.

    Tag: Any


    IC: James Webber (The Anomaly)

    James nodded at Bo. "Good to meet you, Bo," he said to the southern-accented man who headed to his truck. I'd like to know how much he pays for gas, James thought to himself, thinking back to his yellow Corvette.

    He turned back to Kristin. "Just out of curiosity," he said, "what kind of ability do you have?"

    Tag: Kristin Matthews/>
  3. Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 13, 2003
    star 5
    Pierce Pearson

    Xavier Institute, en route to the Mansion Interior


    Pierce kind of turned his head away for a second and stifled a sneeze by placing his finger under his nose. He turned his face back to the others, namely Jason and Geoff and rubbed his nose slightly with a handkerchief.

    "I uh," The lad said, a bit speechless for once, his nasally tone apparent even further. "Sneeze needles..." Pearson adjusted his glasses and walked with the rest of the group until they were approached by yet another mutant. This one seemed nervous too, so it was up to Pierce to set up immediate relations.

    "Yeah, this is the place. Just follow us." The fifteen-year old said with a smile.


    TAG: Havok187, Master_Kast7, greyjedi125, KissSpooky
  4. Jedi_Allegra Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2003
    star 5
    IC: Kristin Matthews (Phantom) ---- Xavier's Institute: Lawn

    James nodded at Bo. "Good to meet you, Bo," he said to the southern-accented man who headed to his truck.

    I'd like to know how much he pays for gas. James thought to himself. He turned back to Kristin. "Just out of curiosity," he said, "what kind of ability do you have?"

    Kristin let her playful side get the best of her and stepped in closer to James Webber. She saw the look in his eye, it was a mischiveous twinkle, and a smirk crawled onto his baby-doll face. Yet, Kristin didn't stop, she kept her pace and waltzed straight through the tall man, reappearing on his opposite side. It was a power some could consider "smoke-n-mirrors".

    James spun around to meet her face, she had a sly smirk on her face and her hands were folded peacfully in her lap.

    "I can phase, through almost anything." Kristin pursed her lips together and nodded her head slowly, she usually hated when the focus of conversation was on her. She hated being in the spotlight.

    "So, uh, what can you do?" She let a fake smile onto her lips and her eyebrows raised, her hands opening to motion towards him.


    Tag: James Webber
  5. PRENNTACULAR VIP

    Member Since:
    Dec 21, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Johan
    The Mansion

    Johan stood quiet, looking around. His last encounter was rather curious, and he didn't like not being informed. The announcment then came, and Johan walked over to the woman who at least knew when things were starting. With a smile, he held out his hand, yet again.

    "Hi, I'm Johan Nietzsche, and I was invited here to teach Ethics and History. What's your name? How can I be of help?"

    TAG: GM for Sage, Any who want to talk
  6. Genimay Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 2, 2005
    star 4
    IC:Lera-Her Room

    Over the past weeks Lera had barely been seen out of her room. She hadn't spoke to anyone. Now she sat at the end of her bed and stared blankly at her newly painted wall. It was a deep sky blue. Glow-n-the-dark stars,planets,and moons decorated the walls and ceiling. Posters of planets and other solar system things hung on the walls. Only one was different. Above her bed hung a huge picture of a thunder storm. Lightning streaked across the picture.

    The young girl had tear marks down her cheeks. Tell-tale signs of scars run all the was down under her neck line. Finally she blinked. Voices hit her ten times harder. She just hadn't been the same since the attack.

    Lera sighed and closed her eyes. Electricity branched from her and she pulled it back into her self,it was the most painful thing she had ever felt. And that was saying something. She shook for a minute and relaxed. Small sobs came from her but she stood.

    a couple feet away from her bed the voices hit again. Lera collapsed and electricity flew from her. The door and window brust open when the electric attack hit the metal. "Please." Lera whispered.

    She had been in her room since the attack trying to control everything she was-it wasn't working that great. Frankly,she needed help...but would she take it.

    TAG-Any who hear Lera,GJ

  7. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Karra - Xaviers Mansion - Rooftop

    As Karra smiled, Hermes had spoke up again. "You know, you should leave this security stuff to us grown ups and go down there and be a bloody kid. Best years of your life and all that...it's true ya know. After this...your whole world goes to hell in a hand basket." He grinned.

    Karra responded by sticking out her tounge. "Really now? Then I guess Im all ready sunk.." she replied with a smirk.

    Hermes responded. "Really though...Why don't you go down there and make some new friends....worried about your powers still?"

    As karra turned, with a strange look on her face, about to respond to his unusual comment, she noticed someone heading for them She grinned. She knew that energy signature easily now. Iori. As she looked over, he did a graceful landing nearby.

    "What's up Hermes..." he said in greeting, then turned to flash Karra a big smile. "....Uhm, did I miss or interrupt something, or is this a bad time?"

    Hermes responded to Iori. "No Iori, we were just talking about the new students...and the new security system. So, have you met any of the new students?" he asked the two, but becomming distracted as he spied Thera flying through the air nearby.

    Karra looked over, and saw Thera flying as well. She then turned towards Hermes, a slight frown on her face. "I've NEVER had any problems with my powers. Its everyone ELSES prowers I have trouble with. Or their lack of control over them." She turned and shurgged her shoulders. "I will go down...after the general meeting."

    Karra then gave Iori and huge grin and walked over to where he was standing. After giving him a hug, she turned back around to wave at Thera. "Oh..im sure there are alot of nice guys down there. This place takes alot to get used to."

    She looked at Iori, and made a face, and then whispered..."What kept ya?" With a grin, she looked back out over the grounds. "Anyway...I LIKE looking at the security stuff. Keeps my mind busy."

    Karra laughed softly, as she looked out over the skies. She gave Iori's hand a squeeze.


    Tag: Hermes, Iori, Thera

  8. jedijoker Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 6, 2004
    star 7
    GM APPROVED

    Real Name: James Shorty
    Date of Birth: May 18, 1986
    Gender: male

    Age: 20
    Height: 5?10??
    Weight: 150
    Eyes: Deep blue
    Hair: Black, short

    Family Bob Shorty (dad) Sarah Shorty (dead)
    Marital Status: Single
    Species: mutant
    Nationality: White
    Team: None

    Base of Operations: None

    Ability: invisibility

    Appearance: black shot sleeves shirt, black jeans, black boots, black leather trench coat

    Other Special Features: he affect his clothes and objects that he hold in his hands to become invisibile

    Personality: very confidant, loyal, intelligent

    Weapons: His invisibility can be used against enemies.

    History/Background: James born in lower part of Georgia to Bob and Sarah Shorty. When he was 10 he found out that he was able to turn invisible.

    They died when he was 15. He lived on his on until he was 18. He joined the Air Force when he became the youngest and the one of best pilots. The Air Force sent him to NASA to be a test pilot since he was one of the best. One day a training incident went array. He was testing a plane alone, pulling 20 G?s; the plane suddenly starts to lose altitude. As the plane is falling through the clouds he starts to turn invisible. With his piloting the plane makes it back to the runway but it appears that no one is in it. He is thought to be dead by NASA. James now wanders alone trying to cope with his abilities.

    Blues Brother to Sidious1:cool:
  9. Schoolgirl_Bounty Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 25, 2005
    star 2
    Alice Sota- Tetsuo

    It was amazing what was going on. Not too long ago, they witnessed the brutal attacks on France, and, on top of that, Alice had witnessed the death, and recollection, of the closest thing to a father figure she had ever had. Yet, they were still expected to go to classes. Now, Alice was 19, and was wondering how she would go about taking college level courses.

    Many thoughts ran through Alice's mind. Everything that had happened a few days ago was still fresh to her. She was trying to clear the clutter of her mind, one of the few ways she knew how.

    Her eyes were closed, but the surroundings of her dorm room were familur. Her CD player rested near her hand as she lie quietly on her bed. Her current CD was Malice Mizer, one she picked up over the internet. The song titled "Illuminati" was blaring through the headphones.

    The image of the rooftop battle still played before her eyes, but as she sighed, it faded and gave way to another image. A celestial scene, the stars pulsing to the beat of the music, and moving to her commands. The image calmed her.

    She opened her eyes, everything seemed to be changed, yet the same, as if the univerce would move to her commands.

    Alice stood, leaving her CD player behind, and headed towards John's office, maybe he was there. She has a few questions concerning her classes...

    TAG- Anyone
  10. Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 12, 2004
    star 5
    IC: Hermes
    Roof

    "I've NEVER had any problems with my powers. Its everyone ELSES prowers I have trouble with. Or their lack of control over them." She turned and shurgged her shoulders. "I will go down...after the general meeting."

    "Now wait a second." He said, throwing his hands in front of himself "You told me you'd already had enough Incidences with your Powers today..."

    She looked at Iori, and made a face, and then whispered..."What kept ya?" With a grin, she looked back out over the grounds. "Anyway...I LIKE looking at the security stuff. Keeps my mind busy."

    He didn't mention his incredible hearing, pretending he didn't here the 'what kept ya' part of it.

    "Don't worry about it kid, thats why I'm circlin' the sky every day...Keeps M' mind off things."

    Tag: Karra, Iori, Thera
  11. Dark-Enigma Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 8, 2006
    star 3
    IC: James Webber (The Anomaly)

    "Impressive," said James with an interested smile across his visage.

    He thought of a creative and interactive way to reveal his ability to Kristin as his intrigued smile transformed into a haughty one. "My power? In order for me to show you, you have to hit me." He grinned. "Don't worry, I've got it under control." He winked.

    Tag: Kristin Matthews (Phantom)
  12. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Karra
    Xavier Mansion - Roof

    "Now wait a second." Hermes said, throwing his hands in front of himself "You told me you'd already had enough Incidences with your Powers today..."

    Karra turned, and gave him a wide grin.

    "Yes...I had enought Incidences, between MY powers..vs everyone ELSES. I have had to duck shots, electrical arcs..you name it. I've kept my shields on almost all day!" she said, putting her hands on her hips. She then chuckled.

    With a grin, she looked back out over the grounds. "Anyway...I LIKE looking at the security stuff. Keeps my mind busy."

    "Don't worry about it kid, thats why I'm circlin' the sky every day...Keeps M' mind off things."

    Karra nodded. She couldnt argue with that. She sighed. "So, you think its just a matter of time before the Brotherhood shows back up as well too." she said softly. She nodded. "I just sure hope that we can get them all ready, by the time that happens. Or at least, keep them outta the way...."

    Karra grew silent, as she watched the assmebled new students.


    Tag: Hermes, Iori, Thera
  13. Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 12, 2004
    star 5
    IC: Hermes
    Rooftop

    "So, you think its just a matter of time before the Brotherhood shows back up as well too." she said softly. She nodded. "I just sure hope that we can get them all ready, by the time that happens. Or at least, keep them outta the way...."


    "I think it'll be a while...for the Brotherhood anyway. We've got one of their stronger mutants...the one who led there last attack. And, from what I know of them, they won't try and take him from us. Now, our little...scrimishes..." he said, waving a hand and the still re-building mansion "Will not have gone un-noticed by the Humans out to get us. They'll be re-introducing the registration act for sure, not to mention a slew of other initiatives. It won't be long now, before they show up here...I can feel it."

    He grinned, noticing the extremely pessimistic view he had shared with the others.

    "On a brighter note, these Newbs can'nt keep from trying to kill us, and they'll surely be unable to stop from blasting anyone who shows up to take us away...and Erik will come around any time soon.....I...I hope..."

    Tag: Karra, Iori, Thera
  14. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: I don't have much time today, sorry. I'll attempt a bigger update tomorrow night, though it will be difficult since it's the workweek. Anyway, I figured I'd post something. (its better nothing). Other than that, keep up the interactions. Very good stuff.

    ******************************************************************************

    Xavier Mansion - Roof

    Hermes, Karra, Lera & Iori


    Iori decided to listen to what was being said here, rather than to jump to conclusions. He'd done that before and it always got him in trouble. Thankfully he was learning. After a few moments, he realized there was nothing to be concerned about. He smiled and turned colors after Karra squeezed his hand and whispered; "What kept ya?"

    Iori smirked, thinking of a clever answer, but opted not to say anything. Hermes was still around and what he had to say was for her ears only.

    "Anyway...I LIKE looking at the security stuff. Keeps my mind busy." Karra went on to say, keeping the conversation going. She was good like that.

    "Don't worry about it kid, that's why I'm circlin' the sky every day...Keeps M' mind off things." Hermes put in.

    Iori saw that Hermes was distracted by something and immediately followed his gaze. Lo and behold, Thera was airborne and circling nearby. Iori smiled at the sight, thinking how cool it would be to have a flyers club or something. He then leaned in a little closer to Karra who smoothly continued her conversation with Hermes.

    Karra nodded and seemed pensive, then sighed. "So, you think its just a matter of time before the Brotherhood shows back up as well too." she said softly. "I just sure hope that we can get them all ready, by the time that happens. Or at least, keep them outta the way...."

    Karra grew silent, as she watched the assmebled new students. Iori looked down and regarded the newcomers. For a moment, he extended his 'ki' senses to get a feel of the assembled mutants and their strength levels. Iori raised an eyebrow. What he felt was actually better than what he expected.

    Hermes then interjected and shared his thoughts.

    "I think it'll be a while...for the Brotherhood anyway. We've got one of their stronger mutants...the one who led there last attack. And, from what I know of them, they won't try and take him from us. Now, our little...scrimishes..." he said, waving a hand and the still re-building mansion "Will not have gone un-noticed by the Humans out to get us. They'll be re-introducing the registration act for sure, not to mention a slew of other initiatives. It won't be long now, before they show up here...I can feel it."

    He grinned, noticing the extremely pessimistic view he had shared with the others.

    "On a brighter note, these Newbs can'nt keep from trying to kill us, and they'll surely be unable to stop from blasting anyone who shows up to take us away...and Erik will come around any time soon.....I...I hope..."

    "Oh, I dunno Hermes, I think the Brotherhood will be itching for a rematch...." he began to say, frowning. He let go of Karra's hand and smacked one fist to the palm of his opposing hand. " And THIS time we'll be sure to kick their sorry butts all the way to...."

    Iori's sentence was interrupted by the sound of a breaking window. He squinted again, feeling for anything odd, then he snapped his head around to look at Karra.

    "It's Lera!" he said, concern evident in his face.

    Before any word or action could be taken, Iori was already flying down to Lera's window. In a few heartbeats, he was hovering outside the blown out window. Iori moved in and came at a stop at the wndowsill, he peered in and saw Lera, sobbing. The youngman was not sure what to do, then he remembered what Karra always did, so he tried it. He spke in a gentle voice to his seeminly distressed friend.

    "Lera, it's me, Iori.....are you feeling Ok?"


    Tag: DVC, Ktala, Genimay

    ************************************************************
  15. TheWatchman Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 17, 2006
    Chicago, Illinois

    In a dark corner of a small tavern, through the smoke and commotion sat a man on a stool. He stared at the television above him and ignored the older man screaming and bumping into him. The whole room all cheered and clapped as the final out was recorded, the out that secured the Chicago White Sox position in the playoffs. With a slight sigh of relief and joy, Anton smiled and took a sip of his drink. He stood up and pat the old man to his side on the back and made his way to the exit of the bar. Anton suddenly felt very dizzy and tired; he stumbled to the ground and looked up to see faces staring down at him. He could see their mouths moving but nothing could be heard, he stood up still seeing the room spinning he walked slowly into the restroom.

    He held his head over a nearby toilet and peeled his shirt up to see his arm ? his veins grew immense, his eye?s began to black out, and sweat came pouring from his body. Anton staggered out of the restroom and out the backdoor of the tavern into the alley, by now he was completely lost. His mind was blank and he could only remember who he was, he became frightened and worried. His eyes grew a bright glow of yellow and sweat continued to pour down his forehead. He crawled on all fours deeper and deeper into the alley; he tried standing but only fell back onto the floor. His body was now drenched in sweat and his eye?s now burned a yellowish orange.

    Anton stood up and everything once again grew silent, it was as if he was in the eye of a hurricane. Nothing moved and all was calm.

    ?No mas ?? He said quietly.

    Suddenly all he could see was a flash of light, a piercing yellow glow. He opened his mouth and screamed, but could not hear a sound. In moments he fell to the ground gasping for air once again on all fours. He heard in the distance voices of people, he looked down into the grown and the crater he now created. Anton stood up and ran farther and farther into the alley until he met a dead end, he leaned up against a nearby wall and still gasping for air sunk lower and lower to the ground until he was sitting down. The man slowly drifted away into the night ?

    Tag - Gj125(I'm Presuming )
  16. JediAayla Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 21, 2005
    star 2
    IC: Thera
    Mmmm...the wind feels so good today... Thera was floating lazily on her back near the roof. She could feel familiar energies near her, some of her favorites and she willed herself to float closer to them. Suddenly, she was nearly knocked out of the sky when her aura was filled with a surge of anguised energy. Lera. She flew toward the blown out window arriving right behind Iori.

    "Lera, it's me, Iori.....are you feeling Ok?" he said.

    "Sugah...you ok?" she asked, putting a hand on Iori's shoulder, melding her energy with his and sending it's warmth to Lera.

    Tag: Lera, Iori, Karra, Hermes
  17. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 5
    Xavier Mansion, Big Lawn

    Johan, Sage, Radiant Light

    Sage was satisfied with the outcome over the PSP. She did not fail to notice that Jeff had issued a challenge. Little did he know that he would get his wish. So far, the morning was without incident. No sooner had she thought this than a window in the students' dorm blew out. Sage didn't have to notice the sparks of electricity that coruscated around the window frame to know who's room it was. Sage let out a sigh and folded her arms. If this was going t be a problem....

    Before she could delve too far in those thoughts, a presence caught her attention. The man tall blonde man that passed her by before was now pproaching her. She regarded him coolly and noticed the purpose in his stride. To his credit, the man held out his hand and smiled as he introduced himself.

    "Hi, I'm Johan Nietzsche, and I was invited here to teach Ethics and History. What's your name? How can I be of help?"

    "Welcome to the Xavier Institute Mr. Nietzsche, I'm known as Sage. Erik told me all about you. It appears that you're just in time for our General Assembly."

    Sage took the man's hand in hers and had him hold it like any lady of society should. She gave him an engaging smile before continuing.

    "We have a reserved seat for you as we were hoping that you'd show up. The rest of the faculty should be joining us shortly, at which time you will meet them. In the mean time allow me to introduce you to a returning member of our faculty, Elaine Rivers, also known as Radiant Light."

    Sage gracefully gestures towards Elaine as she introduces the white clad female to Johan. Behind her shades and out of the corner of her eye, she sees Iori flying to Lera's window, followed by Thera. Sage inwardly hopes that their presence is enough to quell any further outbursts. Today, she was not in the mood for anyone's foolish antics, especially long time residents of the Institute.


    Tag: Masterprenn, Darth_Joesha, anyone around

    **********************************************************
    *Gotta crash. More tomorrow night, (Other city folks). ( crosses fingers )
  18. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Felix

    Felix is mildly surprised by the sudden appearance of the woman.

    "Greetings and Welcome to the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, Felix LeBeau. I am Jocasta, the Institutes Interactive A.I. We have been expecting you. The Professor is indisposed at this time. Please make your way towards the big lawn, where Sage will be conducting a General Assembly momentarily. You will notice a large number of students gathered together outside, there is where you will find her. Is there something else you need?"

    Felix looks at her strangely, as if worried for some strange reason, "Thank you Jocasta, I will go there immediately." As he finishes he turns and walks away, taking one last look over his shoulder at the AI. Although this is a world of mutants and heroes, of villians and tyrants...he is still amused by the power of man to create such computer porgrams.
    _________________________________________

    Minutes later, after maneuering his way back outside, he finally reaches the front lawn. Gotta get a map to this place, he thought to himself.

    Gliding(Not literally) across the lawn, he finally reaches an area where people are gathered. Taking a long look around the campus, he finally finds the center of all this mess. Slowly he walks towards the one called Sage.

    TAG: Whoever, Sage.
  19. Jedi_Allegra Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2003
    star 5
    IC: Kristin Matthews (Phantom) ---- Xavier's Institute: Lawn

    "I can phase, through almost anything." Kristin pursed her lips together and nodded her head slowly, she usually hated when the focus of conversation was on her. She hated being in the spotlight.

    "Impressive," said James with an interested smile across his visage.

    "So, uh, what can you do?" She let a fake smile onto her lips and her eyebrows raised, her hands opening to motion towards him.

    "My power? In order for me to show you, you have to hit me." He grinned. Kristin was taken aback and the smile melted into a face of concern. "Don't worry, I've got it under control." He winked and the smile ignited on her face once again. She threw a punch to his stomach, but when fist came to flesh it was a mere tap. She chuckled as she knew what he was going to tell her. Harder.


    TAG: James Webber
  20. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2005
    star 6
    Tobias Bach (Aka Trickster)
    Central Park, New York

    "I'm sorry didn't meant to frighten you." "I saw you here all alone talking with yourself. It looked like you needed a friend. Someone that understands what you are going through."

    "I heard you say something about your powers and thought I can help or at least listen." "You will find that you're not alone and there are others out there in the world that can help you if you let them."


    Tobias almost turned an ran in the moment she paused and even took another step back. Everything was going so fast, first this mutant bird turns into a woman in the middle of the park talking about mothers and gifts, now she wanted to be his friend and said others could help him.

    "What is your name by the way?"

    My name? What does she want my name for? His thoughts were going a mile a minute, and none of them headed in the right direction. He didn't want help, he didn't want to know other mutants. Even the thought of meeting others scared him, actually meeting one especially in this fashion terrified him. One word kept passing through his mind, the only one he could grasp, RUN! And that is what Tobias did, without a word he turned and ran as fast as his feet could carry him back the way he came.

    Never once did he look back to see if she was going to follow him, he couldn't gather the nerve to do so if he wanted to anyway. Tobias was a good runner and in fair condition considering he didn't exercise, but that didn't help him see the crack in the pavement and it didn't prevent him tripping over it. He had not even made it 15 feet before he wiped out, he didn't feel anything broken so the only thing to do was get up and start running again.

    Tag: TEEGIRLOO
  21. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 12, 2004
    star 6
    ~IC: Geoff Evenson~
    ~Xavier Institue for Higher Learning; Exterior Gates~

    The nerdy fifteen-year old turned around and adjusted his glasses with his index finger. He gave a squinty look to Geoff who had addressed him and scrunched up his nose before he spoke.

    "Yeah, I'm enrolled for the new semester." The young man sniffed, taking a puff from his inhaler. "Are you here for classes too?" The young man asked with a futher nasally tone in his voice.

    "My name's Pierce. What's yours?"

    "Nice to meet you Pierce. I'm Geoff. I'm not here for classes actually. A friend told me to come here. He said the people here could help me." Geoff said to the young man with a wide smile and an extanded arm inviting him to shake his hand.

    "Hi I'm Jason" Said a new man looking to be in his late teens. "You guys new here also?"

    ["Greetings and Welcome to the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning."]

    ["Pierce Pearson, your enrollment is confirmed. Jason Grey, your enrollment is also confirmed."] The voice continued. ["Geoff Evenson, your I.D. status is positive."]


    There was a flash of light behind the gates, which opened suddenly and methodically. As the gates opened, a woman who seemed to be painted in silver walked right through the gates. Her images shimmered slightly as she did so.

    ["My name is Jocasta, I'm the Institute's fully interactive A.I. If you three would please be so kind to follow me, I can show you to your pre-arranged quarters and then lead you to the general assembly."]

    Jocasta smiled as she slowly gestured then turned. This was the same voice pleasant voice they'd heard come through the intercom. If they wondered who did it belong to, now they knew.

    "J-Jocasta?" Pearson began, his nasally tone growing more and more intense. "You used to be with---! How did---? Wow...."

    "Hi, I'm Pierce. I believe all three of us are new. Perhaps we could be friends? I get the feeling I'll be in most of your classes because I'm already in a college level physics course and I've passed my local high school's AP Calculus course..."


    Geoff looked at the young man and raised an eyebrow. He then just shook his head and turned his attention to Jaso who began to speak again.

    ?Yeah we could be friends. Really? I guess you?re pretty smart then huh? How old are you??

    "I'm fifteen, turning sixteen in November. Y'know, I was born on the same day that Freddie Mercury died. My mom kinda liked Queen. A lot. That's probably why my middle name is Freddie."

    ?That?s cool; I remember when I was your age. Those were the good old days. But anyway who the hell is Freddie Mercury??

    "What about you guys? Your reason for being here is probably the same as mine: to get control of your powers, right? What can you guys do?"

    ?Yeah but I kind of have pretty good control of my powers. But I don?t think I?m anywhere near my full potential so I need a lot of training and I couldn?t really get that back home. I can control gravity with my mind but so far all I can really do is fly and make stuff heavier or lighter. Oh and I?m a pretty good fighter, too,?
    he said pointing to the staff he had been carrying across his back.

    ?So what can you do Pierce?"

    "I uh,"
    The lad said, a bit speechless for once, his nasally tone apparent even further. "Sneeze needles..." Pearson adjusted his glasses and walked with the rest of the group until they were approached by yet another mutant. This one seemed nervous too, so it was up to Pierce to set up immediate relations.

    "Um, i-is this the Xavier Institute for Higher Leaning. Um, because I'm supposed to find a place called the Xavier Institute for Higher Leaning, and I think this might be the place, but I couldn't get directions and so I'm not really sure."

    "Yeah, this is the place. Just follow us."


    "To answe
  22. Dark-Enigma Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 8, 2006
    star 3
    IC: James Webber

    James laughed softly as Kristin's "punch" became more of a "tap."

    "Haha, come on now. I know that's not all you've got. Don't worry, I promise it won't hurt me." He winked as he waited for her to hit him, hopefully with most of her strength. He was ready to show off.

    Tag: Kristin Matthews
  23. KissSpooky Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 2, 2002
    star 2
    IC: Mammoth
    The front gate

    Elroy was still a little nervous about addressing these strangers when one of them, a very short (by Elroy's standards) boy in glasses stepped forward with a smile, saying, "Yeah, this is the place. Just follow us." Elroy grinned widely, happy the first person to greet him was a friendly one. He kind of bore a passing resemblance to Stewart, his old friend. Stew had tried to get him to play D&D with him, but all those rules and "strategies" and things always confused him, so he normally just watched.

    Nearby, an older, taller man seemed to give Elroy a cursory glance, and then said to the boy who'd greeted him "To answer your question, Pierce. I actually can control my powers very well. I'm just here because I wish to use my powers for good instead of just have them and let them be wasted. Anyway, I have the ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an object and transform it into kinetic energy. I also have...shall we say...super strength."

    Elroy laughed at this, then covered his mouth to stop it, sheepishly saying, "Sorry. I-I just think super strength is fun." Resisting the urge to blush and try and hide, Elroy finally dropped his bag on the ground and stuck out his hand to the gathered mutants, saying nervously, "M-my name's Derek Elroy Hermann. But most people just call me Elroy. I think I was named after my grandpappy on my mom's side."

    TAG: The gate peoples.


    *************************


    IC: Rowan
    Xavier Institute, about the same time, a far corner of the garden

    A strange sensation...a feeling like she was flying...like she was everywhere but nowhere all at the same time...like she knew there was a grand scheme to it all, and she was right there along side it all...


    Rowan woke up with a start, her green eye shooting open wide, before squinting at the bright sunlight that shone into them. "What a weird dream..." she said to herself, "Must have been the stress of yesterday making my mind go into overdrive."

    She thought back on the events of the day. She's arrived at the institute, met some new friends (or so it seemed), tried to help some kids, learned about the death of a fellow "professor" that she never even had the opportunity to meet, and it the night had ended late. Could that be the way every day was going to be around this place?! Still, she had to admit she was rested, which impressed her, she couldn't have gotten to bed earlier than 2:30 in the morning.

    Finally quieting her mind for two seconds, the realization struck her that...she wasn't in her bed. She wasn't in her room. She wasn't inside. Sitting up quickly, she took in the sights and sounds and sensations around her. A gentle breeze blew around her. She could feel the energy and physical brush of plantlife around her, bushes, vines, the grass. Opening her eyes fully again confirmed what she already knew inside...she was in one of the gardens. "Ooookk....this is new. Don't think I've ever been a sleep walker before..."

    Looking down, she squeeked in embarassment, her cheeks making an instant change crimson as she realized she didn't have a stitch on. Strangely, she also realized her hair had taken a considerable increase in length. "Alright, I know I had my PJ's on earlier. What in blazes is going on?!"

    Thinking quick, she had the nearby vines and leaves grown around her in a makeshift bikini, to save her modest somewhat. "A little too 'Adam & Eve' for my tastes, but it'll do in a pinch 'til I get back to my room." she thought, finally pulling herself up and out of the bushes, not noticing the indentation of her form, nor the small roots all through it that were left behind.

    Making her way towards the main house, she heard what sounded like voices not far away, a gathering. "Xavier's probably having another assembly, first day of classes and all. I'll join up in a bit." Still, something struck her as odd...there was a seemingly damaged shabbiness to the mansion that wasn't there y
  24. Havok187 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    May 8, 2005
    IC: Jason
    Xavier Institute, Front Gates

    "I uh," The lad said, a bit speechless for once, his nasally tone apparent even further. "Sneeze needles..." Pearson adjusted his glasses and walked with the rest of the group until they were approached by yet another mutant. This one seemed nervous too, so it was up to Pierce to set up immediate relations.

    Jason stared blankly at Pierce for a moment or two before finally breaking into a smile. ?That?s a pretty cool power, Pierce unless you have allergies or something. That would suck big time.?

    "M-my name's Derek Elroy Hermann. But most people just call me Elroy. I think I was named after my grandpappy on my mom's side."

    Jason then switched his attention to the behemoth of a man that arrived a few minutes ago. Jason met Elroy?s extended hand and shook it. ?Nice to meet you Elroy, I?m Jason,? he said releasing his hand from the embrace.

    Jason turned his attention back to the mansion and Jocasta. He couldn?t wait to get inside and meet the rest of the people. Remembering that there was going to be an assembly pretty soon, Jason picked up his bag. ?We should get going guys, there?s gonna be an assembly pretty soon and we gotta get settled in and stuff,? he said facing the other three.

    TAG: MasterKast7, Zedd-Vega, KissSpooky, greyjedi125
  25. Master-Korr Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 19, 2004
    star 3
    IC: Bo Black, Lawn

    "Nice to meet y'all too." Bo said as he was passing by. Then he saw Kristin walk towards him, and then through him!

    "What in the H...! She just walked right through me! I' had girls see right through me, but never that." Bo proclaimed as he stood in amazement.

    He continued on, thinking about how he should have used his powers to see if the pretty young woman would have liked him more.


    "Daggummit, I should have seen that comin. I don't usually get shot down like that. I'll impress her on my way back" He said to himself as he continued.


    On his way back, he used is precognitive power to see that Kristin was going to trip in a few seconds and decided to show off a little.


    "Hey Kristin! Watch your step. that one's a doozy!" He shouted as she was stepping back in amazement of James' power.

    Tag: Kristin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.