main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning: Path of Heroes

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by greyjedi125, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KraytDragon90

KraytDragon90 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    IC: Naloth/Phantom

"We'll do everything in our power to keep that from happening." Naloth relaxed slightly and listened again with a half mind, trying to pay attention, but only catching bits and pieces. Sounds like someone was missing or something like that. Moments later he got a feeling that the meld would soon end and he grinned widely. He hated knowing that his mind was being messed with. His whole life and his whole self was contained in the crevices of his mind. If someone could do this to his head, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagin that they could twist his mind completely. It was unnerving to say the least. He perked up as he heard an unfamiliar sound. Someone...crying? He twisted around to look at the crying person. His expression softened and he sighed. He hated seeing people cry, it made him feel sorry for them. He had too much compassion for his own good, but not enough for him to stick his nose where it didn't belong. He wasn't stupid, for the most part.

TAG:None

OOC: Just letting you know I'm still here

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    The Legendary Genji

Midtown Apartment, Manhattan- NYC

After sipping the warm tea, Spider Girl, whom they now knew as May, had fallen fast asleep. Genji and Amy moved her gently to the guest room and placed her on it's very comfortable bed and drew the window curtains so the light of day would not disturb her. The pair took a few steps back and watched the young girl sleep from the door's threshold. She looked so peaceful despite of her injuries.

Silently, Genji and Amy returned to the living room to continue their day which they hoped would now attain a modicum of peace, but fate seemed to have something else in store. It was not long before another newscast was broadcast over the airwaves.

[Teleannouncer: Well,Today has certainly been a day of great activity all throughout the city, for mutants and everyone else involved. We have just received footage and confirmation of an incident that occurred earlier today on the corner of 49th St and 10th Avenue. As the camera pans, you can see the devastation caused by a chase between an MCU Automated Pursuit Vehicle and a mutant identified as Spider Girl. Building facades and rooftops suffured considerable damage during the encounter, which resulted with the Pursuit Vehicle crashing on the side of a building. We are still awaiting word if any innocent bystanders were injured.

Here now, we see footage of paramedics attempting to attend to a costumed young female. The footage was taken with the ambulance security cam. There seems to be some contention, but as soon as they decide to unmask the costumed VIGILANTE, a stranger interrupts, and takes the known criminal away. Experts allege that the stranger may be another superpowered vigilante, judging from his prodigious leaping ability, as seen in this footage. Though his identity is unclear due to the angle of the footage, the paramedics at the scene are cooperating with the MCU to produce a composite and identifiable sketch of the sword weilding stranger, who may now possibly face criminal charges himself for aiding and abetting a known and wanted criminal.

If you have any information regarding the whereaabouts of these individuals, please contact the number you see in the lower portion of your screen.]

The report runs once again, this time with 'experts' giving their advise and theories.

Amy stared wide eyed and dumbfounded. Her worries about Genji's safety all but trippling, now that he might become officially wanted by the authorities.

Then quite suddenly, Amy got up from the sofa with a jolt and dashed towards the guest room.

What she saw there made her gasp aloud!

The windows were open and the curtains lazily waved to each other in the wind. The guest bed was empty, except for a note that seemed hurridly scribbled down on a piece paper.

It read: SORRY TO BE SUCH A BOTHER. DIDN'T MEAN TO GET YOU IN SO MUCH TROUBLE. THANKS FOR TEA.

MAY

There was a wet spot at the botton of the note near the signature. It looked as if a drop had fallen there.

Amy grabbed the note in her hands and held back a choking sob. How could May do this? She was still injured!

Amy instinctively knew that looking out the window would yield no results, but she did so just the same. She had to be sure. Not seeing any sign of Spider Girl, she turned at once to head back to the living room as she called Genji's name.

Genji on the otherhand, was suddenly aware of something. His keen eyes spotted a glint coming from a roof across his building. The glint was directly on his eyes, even when he moved a few paces. Most...peculiar.

So indeed, it would seem that no modicum of peace would come of its own accord. But Genji was no stranger to the fact, that in truth, peace came at a price.

Tag: Blubeast1237

Only time enough for a flashpost! Gomen!! :_| Hang in there Puh-leeeze!! ( Thanks

3. Sentinel-825

Sentinel-825 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2007
    OOC: Greetings, friends. It's terribly unfortunate for me to have to say this, but alas, real life duties have risen that will render me unable to devote time for role playing for a while. I will not bore you with elaborations on the subject, but I do wish to tell you that I do plan on returning. And if this game is willing to accept me back into its graces, then I will gladly rejoin you all when the time is right.

Therefore, if all goes according to plan, I will be back among the RPF around Christmas time. Until then, I bid you all farewell.

:)

4. Jerdu_Slmor

Jerdu_Slmor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2007
    Farewell Fellow starwars fan

*bows* may the force be with you

5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    MUTANT REGISTRATION ACT: Day One, Late Afternoon.

By noontime, The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning was closed down by the Mutant Crime Unit's SPECIAL TASK FORCE, which had trained for over a year specifically for that moment; however, their well planned 'victory' did not come without sufferning a number of casualties greater than that which they had projected for themselves. In fact, they had suffered nearly 10 times that. 'OPERATION CLEAN SWEEP' would become to be known as a mere marginal success, since the capture of Xavier and his followers was deemed statistically a failure. A fact reinforced by their escape.

In the hours that followed, MCU forces throughout the Major Cities with Registration Centers worked ceaselessly to maintain order among overzealous protestors. As expected, what began as peaceful gatherings in many places, eventaually transformed themselves into clashes between oppossing factions as passions ran rampant and out of control. Violence was the inevitable result. Compounding that, was the directive to apprehend any 'adult' mutant at large and failed to register. Mutants who had criminal records were to be sought after and apprehended without question.

It was a busy day for those doing the capturing and those wishing to remain free. Evening was soon to come, then to be followed by night. Many saw these events as signs of things to come. But even in these times, there were those souls who held on to their courage and their desire for freedom and made ready to do that which needed to be done.

Jacob York, a.k.a 'Siren'

Thompkinson Square Park, L.E.S, NYC

The sonic wave was released and Jacob did not wait to see the results. He was more intent on running and getting out of the park demonstration which had erupted into chaos, thus, Jacob did not see as the officers Pulse Rifle buckled in his armored hands, which buckled as well. Both the gun and the officers hands should have suffered damage, but unbeknownst to all save the creators and those who possessed the MCU tools, they were laced with vibranium alloy. Much to the MCU officers relief, his weapon and his guantlets had survived the sonic attack, but alas, he was distracted by this event and too late did he see the Hulking Mutant which struck him fully through it blind rage and pain. It took over half a dozen officers to finally gun down the mutant, but not before suffereing several more casualties.

Of course, Jacob ran on to safety and was oblivious to all of this. He could not afford to think of Emily and Eli at the moment, only safety. And so, Jacob was able to escape his would be captors for the moment.

Reaching a desolate side-street which was several blocks from the embattled park, Jacob had to make a critical decision. He could take his chances once again and attempt to get his 'suit', or hurry
    to the closest manhole and attempt and underground voyage to the tunnels inhabitted by the Morlocks. Both journeys were risky, yet promised beneficial results should he succeed in either. The question now was, which one whould he embark on.

Tag:TheManinBlack

Alice Sota & Sage

Morlock Tunnels, Xavier Camp, Infirmary

Alice slid her legs over the side of the cot, and took a few moments to take in what Sage had said.

"I have to go find Professor Tima." she rested her head in an attempt to make the room stop spinning.

She knew Sage would not like that fact at all, but she was extremely worried about her favorite Teacher. He had been missing for some time, and she had not heard from him at all.

She adjusted her jacket on her shoulders, and looked around, She spotted Elana lying on a cot near her, with her eyes closed, and Alice sensed her pain... She blinked.

Sage simply regarded her neutrally, though

6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Shifter, Razor Angel & Atomic Reaper

Genosha, Underground Dome, Battle Arena

Jazz took Shifter to the his temporary locker room and quickly brought him up to speed. There was a viewing screen where she showed him his opponent.

"Her name is Barbarella, Jazz said smoothly. On the screen was a picture of a tall female with barbs covering her entire body. Even her face. The barbs even protruded through the costume she was given. Needless to say, Barbarella was a mean looking costumer, and with good reason. Unbeknownst to Jazz, Shifter was about to fight yet another vexed female, an irony that clearly did not escape him.

"Her barbs are sharp as they are plentiful and her skin is tough. As you can imagine, she won her first bout right away. This will be her second and your first. It should not come as a surprise that she's the one favoured to win, given her last performance. You must know that her opponent required hospitalization."

Jazz gave a humorous chuckle and patted Shifter on one massive shoulder.

"But don't worry, I'm sure you'll do just fine. We have some of the best physicians on the Genosha right here at the arena."

Jazz tilted her head slightly and smiled, enjoying the coquettish moment.

"Now if you don't have any further questions, allow me to walk you to the arena entrance."

Meanwhile back in the stands, Razor Angel and Atomic Reaper were enjoying a good laugh.

"Do you think he suspects..." Atomuc Reaper asked, trying to hold back his laughter.

"Who cares!" Razor Angel exclaimed. "He's going through with it, that's what counts!"

"I can't wait to see his face."

At that moment, the mega screen began to show the names of the next contestants moments before the announcer offically called out their names. Both 'Razor' and 'Reaper' where delighted and quite pleased with themselves when they saw Shifter's image appear. An image of his opponet came on opposite his and the name was displayed.

"Ooooh, Barbarella. I heard about that one. She's quite savage!!" 'Reaper' said with mock concern, and almost laughed at the end of the sentence.

"Ouch! I think that's gonna hurt!" 'Razor' said, pantomiming a pained and scared face. "I think I know who to bet on." He added with a grin. After a moment, Razor Angel suddenly noticed that Atomic Reaper was awfully quiet and staring at the mega-screen.

"What is it?" Razor Angel inquired, but the answer was right before his eyes. He too went deathly silent as he read the announcement.

EXHIBITION MATCH: Esmeralda vs Atomic Reaper and Razor Angel

"What the..." Razor Angel said, and cursed aloud. The crowd was getting louder as more people read the announcement. Atomic Reaper looked around and spotted an Arena Hostess walking in their direction. "How did that happen? what ...?" the confusion on his face was conveniently hidden by the mask he wore.

"Razor Angel and Atomic Reaper? I'm Starlite." The beautiful blonde haired hostess said to them both as she smiled and completely ignored their shocked expressions. "Please be so kind to follow me."

Suddenly, a burst of cheers and whistling was heard from the crowd. Both 'Razor' and 'Reaper' looked up to see themselves being shown live upon the mega screen. Any thoughts or chances of fleeing were completely crushed at that moment. The only recourse they now had was to forfeit the exhibition match, but if they did, their reputations would go well below zero and they'd never be able to show their faces in public again. They'd command zero respect.

"Damn it!" Razor Angel cursed as Atomic Reaper followed silently.

"We gotta find out how this happened." 'Razor' hissed angrily through gritted teeth. He quickly took out a cigarette and began to smoke it.

"No. First we focus on surviving this bout. Then we investigate." 'Reaper' said, his voice grave under his mask. Razor Angel had no answer as he finished his entire cigarette with his second drag.

Inside his

7. Jerdu_Slmor

Jerdu_Slmor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2007

"No! please tell me he's okay!" Animan says as he looks at plasmaman for a sign of life. "No!" he utters. "Please bring him here, he is a good friend of mine, I...I...knew his family, I promised them I would protect him. I am sure they would wish to have his body. Bring him to me."

"No." The light casting female says with a hiss. "Your inner light flickers. Some of your words.....are false!"

At this, the huge mutant with the harpoon launcher begins to lower his weapon, but the female waves him away.

"No, there is no need for that Nimrod. Can't you see that he his distressed by his comrade's death? His reaction is expected in one who has not faced death as many times as we have."

Nimrod seems unconvinced, but raises his weapon just the same.

"I'll do as you say, Luxxa." The harpoon weilding mutant says in a booming voice. The one with red eyes watches intently before returning to guard duty.

"But you are right. We need to get his body to his superiors."

Luxxa turns to the other two as she motions for Seeker, the one with red eyes, to come closer.

"This was one of Xavier's charges. He either got himself lost in the tunnels or did not heed the warning against exploration. Eitherway, it cost him his life. We must return his body at once. Perhaps it will serve as an example to any others with similar ideas."

Luxxa shook her head sadly as she helped Seeker hoist the body over his shoulders. She only seemed hard and cold due to 'current circumstances' within the Tunnels, but she was not heartless.

"You!" she said calling out to Animan. "Come with us and keep up. We will return you both to the safety of Xavier's Camp."

Having said that, Luxxa gestured and greatly dimmed the illumination of her light orb to that of a mere candle and sent it several meters ahead. As they set out to Xavier's camp, she took point and Nimrod took up the rear. Seeker looked back one last time and squinted. Uncertain if he'd actually seen a hint of motion, he resolved to remain alert incase any other 'denizens' attempted to cross their path. Jerdu Follows them in the middle of he two unknown people. staying alert for any attackers head on a sewivel, Animan asks aloud how do I know I can trust you. If it wasn't for you I could have saved him I know it I just about had him out when you shot him.

8. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings (Six)

"I'm surprised you can call some of them humans." Chandler said. "Anyone who persecutes another group the way those monsters have are no better than beasts, terrible blood thirsty beasts. Hank is more human than any of them, and his codename is Beast." Chandler said in frustration. "Anyway what's the plan to deal with them, now that they've taken over the school?" Chandler added looking at Robert. "We cna't take it by sheer force, we need a strategy to deal with those monsters." Chandler added.

TAG: GM (The Magician)

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Animan, Luxxa, Nimrod & Seeker

Morlock Tunnels

The procession of mutants only proceeded a few dozen meters before it came to a sudden halt. Animan's words were most unwelcomed.

"How do I know I can trust you? If it wasn't for you I could have saved him, I know it! I just about had him out when you shot him."

"What did you just say!!??" Luxxa stopped and shot back at Jerdu.

"WE killed him???"

The whole procession stopped as Luxxa made her way to Animan, her eyes glaring at him. The small light was now a whole light brighter as it came in closer to them.

"I would not say such foolishness again if I were you. We have no reason to kill this stranger, nor do we practice such things here. If you look closely, he was killed by a creature's attack. Not only was your friend fatally wounded, but by his discoloration, it seems that he was also poisoned. You insult us all with your false accusations and ignorant ways. These Tunnels are very dangerous and they have taken lives before, and they will do so again. Those are the facts!!"

Luxxa stared hard at Animan as she paused, trying hard to restrain herself and regain her level-headedness. Her other two companions simply waited on her word.

"If you don't trust us, that is fine. I could careless about that, for that's what we expect from ungrateful topsiders like you. You don't trust us because you yourselves cannot be trusted. Stay here and take your chances in the dark, it makes no difference to me. The Morlocks have an agreement with Xavier and we shall honor it."

With that, Luxxa turned away from Animan, and dimmed her light back to candle level.

"You are fortunate that we are of Clan Churgen and not Shikar's. I will forgive you this one insult, this one time. Shikar's people, they would have silenced your lying tongue forever." Luxxa said, shaking her head sadly as she spoke. "They are too quick to deal death."

Her words trailed off and regret was evident in her tone, but the other two remained stoic and vigilant. The moment only lasted a brief second, as her sterness returned.

"Now still your tongue and follow, or choose your fate and take your chances here in the tunnels. The choice is yours."

Trudging still in the watery tunnel, Luxxa once again began to lead the party towards the Xavier camp.

Tag: Jerdu

Chandler Billibgs (Six) & The Magician

Morlock Tunnels, Xavier Camp

"I'm surprised you can call some of them humans." Chandler said.

"Anyone who persecutes another group the way those monsters have are no better than beasts, terrible blood thirsty beasts. Hank is more human than any of them, and his codename is Beast." Chandler said in frustration. "Anyway what's the plan to deal with them, now that they've taken over the school?" Chandler added looking at Robert. "We can't take it by sheer force, we need a strategy to deal with those monsters." Chandler added.

Robert was looking at Chandler with curiosity and interest.

"I agree with your words and sentiments. I think most of us feel the same way, and though I can't say for certain, If I know our Professors, I bet they are already working on a plan, but to know more about it you'd have to ask them, or wait until they call an assembly on the subject." Robert smiled and patted Chandler on the shoulder.

"By the way, I'm pretty impressed that someone as young as you even knows who's Hank Mc Coy. That's really something."

Movement caught his attention and he looked back at the gathered Mutants. They were all stirring and begining to move again.

"Hey, look. I think the mindscape is done."

Robert got up from his chair and looked about. He noticed al the different demeanors, and wondered if all was well. He also noticed that Professor Xavier was standing over Elaine, who seemed to be sleeping on the floor. The professor stood still and his eyes were

10. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings (Six)

"Actually I could go for something to eat, I haven't had anything since earlier this morning." Chandler said, he proceeded to follow Robert to the mess hall. "Anyway I'd like to go and check up on anyone else who might be here, speaking of which are any other students here?" Chandler asked looking to the side at Robert as he matched strides with him.

TAG: The Magician

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Eagle's Breath

As he reawakened from the mindscape he kept his lids closed as he looked around. The Xaviar hadn?t tasked him as he requested to help bring Jason back, silence in this case meant no. He could deal with that, it wasn?t his life or heart the man was tossing uncertain dice for. That?s what Morloks were, uncertain dice to decide the fate of the Jason.

The Magician was back again, he had someone in tow as he walked around searching through the reawakening students. As fast as thought he was gone, vanished into another plane one that paralleled this one on a height better but in temperature worse. In the dimensional shift he entered the world circled a small white star and as far as the eye could see it was all water and ice as he hopped his way over to the edge. He scooped up the snow into two snowballs which he held behind his back as he appeared behind the Magician and the new kid.

As the kid asked about students Eagle?s Breath tossed the snowballs, one for each, to hit them in the backs. Vanishing quickly to not be seen he reappeared in front of them, ?Are you two alright? I think that was flyby snowconeing without the cone, well that?ll happen when you forget to tip the chiller.? He said with a mock serious expression on his face as he indicated the soda, he had gotten good somehow of forgetting worries for periods of time as they always ended eventually. ?Well lets not stand around waiting for another pass shall we, a meal awaits.? With a grin he waved for them to continue their journey toward the awaiting meal.

TAG: Chanbill5390, Magician/GM, others

12. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Nat Tavoris

Xavier Encampment, Morlock Tunnels

As Professor Xavier fielded questions asked by the other students, Nat felt her mind wandering. She gazed with interest around the mindscape - it was so real that Nat was almost convinced that they were back at the mansion on a perfect summer day, with only a few wisps of cloud in the sky. A soft breeze rippled through the air, ruffling her short hair. Despite everything, she felt herself relax.

Professor Xavier caught her eye and nodded in her direction. Nat started guiltily, feeling oddly as if she'd been caught daydreaming in class; had he been talking to her, or had she missed something important? No: the Professor was already turning to regard the rest of the group.

"Everyone, may I have your attention please," Professor Xavier called. "We've all had a long and arduous day, which is certainly an understatement. However, I'm sensing weariness, hunger and fatigue from some of you, so I guess this is a good a time as any to call a recess. Meal time is upon us, and John here will be in charge of distributing preserved foods and drinks amongst you. So, thank you all for participating. Enjoy your meals and be at peace."

The mindscape began to dissolve, but not before someone - Nat hadn't had a chance to learn her name - shouted for the professor. She didn't manage to catch his reply, though; she had already 'left' the mindscape, and within a second she was back in the Morlock tunnels, sitting on a mat.

Back in reality, one of the staff - Nat rummaged through her mind until she remembered his name, John Storm - was distributing food rations. She suddenly realized she was hungry. "Step lively people. Come and get it," he announced. Nat blinked away the last of the disorientation she felt from leaving the mindscape and stood, quickly stepping into the line behind a couple of other students.

TAG: GJ, any of the Xavier people

13. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Jaya Marxx (RavenHawk)

A Cafe Near Starbucks, Union Square

There were so many thoughts going through Jaya's mind that she couldn't think straight. She could not believe that Xaviers was closed. It wasn't long ago since she was there. Maybe it was longer than she thought. Time passes by so fast when you try to disappear from everything. She thought about the time when she was there last.

She remembered fond memories of Bad Boy and Wolf who helped her escape from the MCU. Oh and that one boy who thought he needed to be captured. That was just a horrific experience that Jaya just wanted to forget.

She remembered trying to help the kid but he didn't want to be helped. Infact it seemed he thought himself and others like him dangerous. She hoped she did not run in to him again. It all had seemed like a dream really. She knew better to actually believe that. It was still very dangerous for her. So far, she had been lucky to not have been noticed by the MCU. All the reports on the television were making her nervous more and more.

She walked in to a cafe on the corner. She sat down in a booth by the window. Where is everyone now she wondered as she stared out the window.

"Can I take your order now?" A bit startled at first then she looked up at the waitress who was waiting for a reply from her.

"Oh...yes....um...I will have some bacon with eggs sunny side up please."

She said to the waitress and watched her take the order, then walk away. Jaya hoped she didn't appear too nervous from how she reacted to just a simple question.

"Get a hold of yourself or you are going to get unwanted attention." She thought to herself. The waitress arrived with the food. Jaya barely noticed since she resumed looking out the window watching the protesters.

She had no idea where to look for anybody. There is no chance that any of them would be caught near the protesters or the MCU officers. She seemed to be at a lost on what to do. She sat there picking at her food. She was hungry, but with her thoughts on the others and her own situation, food was not something she wanted now.

TAG: Grey Jedi

14. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings(Six)

"Hmm, so you're Eagle's Breath I take it." he said to the person who had unmistakably just hit him in the back with a snowball. "Nice aim I must say. However I would have done something different, I would have made sure it slid down their shirt." he added as he took some of the still dripping snow off his back and playfully threw it back at him. "Anyway let's get some food." he added rubbing his stomach. He then continued along with the others to the mess hall.

TAG: Eagle's Breath, The Magician(GM)

15. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Shifter - Genosha, Underground Dome, Battle Arena

Shifter looked around in awe, as Jazz showed Shifter to his temporary locker room and quickly
    brought him up to speed. There was a viewing screen where she showed him his opponent. Shifter
    for once kept his mouth shut, as he looked at the screen, but his mind pratically screamed the
    comment.. 'That is one UGLY chick!'

"Her name is Barbarella", Jazz said smoothly. On the screen was a picture of a tall female with barbs covering her entire body. Even her face. The barbs even protruded through the costume she was given. 'Man, bet SHE gave her momma heck!' Shifter thought as he looked at the picture, working on a plan. Just wonderful, he thought to himself, Another ticked off female. Lucky me.

"Her barbs are sharp as they are plentiful and her skin is tough. As you can imagine, she won her first bout right away. This will be her second and your first. It should not come as a surprise that she's the one favoured to win, given her last performance. You must know that her opponent required hospitalization." Shifter looked over at her, an eyebrow going up as Jazz gave a humorous chuckle and patted Shifter on one massive shoulder.

"But don't worry, I'm sure you'll do just fine. We have some of the best physicians on the Genosha right here at the arena." Shifter smiled. "Dont worry bout me. I tend to bounce back." he added with antoher grin. Jazz tilted her head slightly and smiled, enjoying the coquettish moment.

"Now if you don't have any further questions, allow me to walk you to the arena entrance." "Just a sec..gotta go do somethin first." Shifter told her, as he made his way towards the restroom. He had some work to do. Ike Jazz didnt say anything about super strength. That might work in his favor. 'No way that gal gonna get my boys..' Shifter thought to himself, as he went into the restroom, stopping to grab something. When Shifter stepped back out, he was a tad bit ... rounder than when he had gone in. Shifter was new, and he didnt have the fancy armor and such of some of them super mutants. So he had gone, and tucked in towels and paddings, and anything else he could find, and used it to protect himself. He also had wraped his hands, like he would have, when he was back in his wrestling days. That was one thing in Shifters advantage, he KNEW the ring. And he knew the moves. Even if this ring was full of crazed pyscho mutant witches, he knew how to play to the arena. When he came back out, he patted his belly, and laughed, the rubbed his bald head...something he had always done before every match.

As he stepped back over to Jazz, Shifter could see the monitors, and saw in full view when Razor Fairy and Atomic Weeper were announced to fight Greenie. He felt as if his cheeks were gonna explode, as he grinned, trying to keep from falling over in laughter. Served em right! Even if it did set him back a pretty penny. Oh..that fine they threw at him, for trying to put their names in, was a bite in the wallet. But it was WORTH it. He was definatelly gonna find out how they got him in the system in the first place. Might be useful. While he wouldnt mind Greenie holding him, if she was still ticked at him..well...she could take it out on THOSE two. He then whiped the smile from his face, as he began to think about his match to come. Yep. He could grin later. And he would. But right now, he had some serious butt to kick..no mater how thorny it was. He looked up, and smiled at Jazz. "Lead the way, pretty lady." Yeah, she was cute. And normal looking too. Wondered what her powers were. Oh well, he could dream.

Jazz took Shifter to the Arena entrance as the announcer began to make his announcement. Starlite waved as she passed by with two dour looking combatants in her wake. Razor Angel and Atomic Reaper were obviously not looking forward to their exhibition match. Shifter kept a straight face, but so concerned were they, that they missed Shifter as he passed by. So he winked at Starlite instead as they pass

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Professor N'dare
    Morlock Tunnels, Xavier Camp, makeshift Infirmary

Considering all that had happened so far, Professor N'dare was quite pleased with the actions of both his makeshift security team, and those working the Infirmary. He had come in, making sure that his services were not immediately needed. Extending himself to deal with the attack at the Mansion had left his drained. Jocasta was still about, but in quite a diffrent form now. N'dare called THUNDER to him, and he gently programed it to access a new part of its program. The various acccess points and locations of several key location within the tunnels. It would be able to help the other students, as well as safeguard the Infirmary from any unwanted intruders.

He looked over at Blink and Aurora. They had both worked so hard. THUNDER was taking good care of them. With a smile and a sleepy chuckle, he made his way to an area he was using for his personal workspace, and found a partially covered cot. He was so exausted, that he barely had the energy to move the other items away, before he drew curtains, and fell back upon the bed. He had not had a need to expend so much energy in what seemed like a very long time. In a way, it felt wonderful. But it also felt terrifying. Several times, it felt as if it would have been so easy than to simply let the storm wreck its natural course, and destroy without the tight control he had kept on the forces of nature. Especially once the students fell prey to the MCU's attacks.

There was so much to do. Later, he wished to hold a meeting with the Morlocks. But for now...

N'dare was asleep before the covers had floated back down on his body.

Blink and Aurora
    Morlock Tunnels, Xavier Camp, makeshift Infirmary

Blink and Aurora sat quietly, sipping on the warm drinks that TUHUDER had given them. Blink looked over at smiled. Aurora seemed so natural, looking after the small baby that was tucked in the makeshift pouch she had made. Blink chuckled softly, as they sat talking. Soft footsteps made them both look up, to notice Dr. Taggert heading their way.

Dr. Mac Taggert walked by Blink & Aurora to see how his two assistants were holding up. He smiled at them as he approached. "Well, well, I'm glad to see you've finally decided to take in something. I was just about to 'order' you to take a break." Kincaid said with a wink and a smile. Both Aurora and Blink smiled, and gave him a nod.

"How's the little tot?" he said in a whisper as he closed in. He'd just realized that the baby she held had been sleeping and he had no desire to wake her. Aurora spoke smiling, "Just perfect. I had to stop and feed and change her, but she snuggled down, and went back to sleep. I think she likes being carried." Aurora stated. Blink noticed the look Taggert gave as he looked around the area. "Yeah. Luckily, THUNDER has been busy. He built a special bed, just for her." Blink added with a soft chuckle.

"Give her a kiss for me won't you?" Dr. Mac Taggert said, finding his smile again before walking towards Elana. Aurora gave him a nod. "You bet." she answered softly, as she watched the man leave. Blink looked over at Aurora. "You need some rest also, he stated, looking at her. After all, if your tired, someone else will have to watch after her.." he stated, looking at the babe.

Aurora unconsciously curled her arm around the tiny form. "Well...what about you?" she asked, looking up at Blink. Blink saw that her eyes were red, and that she was tired. Blink smiled. "I'll be fine. I slept on the way here. You can rest now. I'll follow shortly." He looked at her, making a face. "Promise."

With a nod, Aurora finished her drink, and then slowly stood up. With a huge yawn, she headed off towards the bed that THUNDER had built for the baby. She had pulled it towards her own sleeping area, so she could keep a close eye on her. Aurora hated letting go, but even she realized that she was getting a bit...attached. She practically knew nothing of the child. If it even HAD parents.. Au

17. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Jacob York
    East NYC apartment buildings

Jacob had quickly ran back to his apartment building to get his suit. If it was just the old plain colorful fabric the spider-girl or Nightcrawler wore he would have just ran in to the sewers towards the Morlock tunnels, but his was special and had a real use. Jacob was smart enough to realize just running through the streets would just get him caught, so he darted through allyeays, hopped oved fenced and entreched areas, and went through the sewers to get back to his apartment. The tall young man saw MCU forces standing outside by the streets near his apartment building. Jacob knew better to ran past them and decided to scale his building by climbing by the rails...he almost fell down twice but managed to climb up to his apartment building. He entered his room by using the fire escape, Soon as he was in he dashed twards his closet and put on out his suit.
    As soon as he did he heard the door open, snd a short conversion between two MCu officers. Something about a Knicks game...but it didn't matter to the lanky young man knew he might be able to hide but paniced and ran for the window. The MCU officers opened fire after seeing him, but failed to hit him, and Jacob had already jumped through the window...and was lying on the fire escape...before they could follow him, he was already down the fire escapes ladder and soon was darting through alleyways and hopping fences but this time to escape MCU officers. Jacob saw a manhole and ran for it.

TAG: Greyjedi

18. jedijethro

jedijethro Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 8, 2005
    ic: smokie and camo

Smokie and camo were debating wether or not to ask the Morlocks and the Xavier people for a 'alliance' smokie's point was that the m-80's could use all the help they could get. Camo's point was that in a fight they wouldn't be any good. After awhile of debating camo gave in: "ok but send a mutant envoy, you know how touchy the Morlocks are about nonmutants going through there home." "in the meantime we should plan our conter campaign against the MCU. I was figuring we have our hackers launch a web propoganda campaign against the MCU." Smokie finished laying out the details and then requested that a m-80's mutant 'ambassador' with a order to attempt to win over a alliance between Morlocks, the Xavier people and the m-80's.

tag: gj125

19. Bulldog54

Bulldog54 Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2007
    IC:Brandon(Frostbite)Drake

Brandon kept Roxanne in his arms, and held her close. He wished that he could have come up with something to say....something that might rest Roxanne's mind, but nothing came to him. He just stood there with his arm around her in the mindscape, Brandon watched as slowly the mindscape dissolved around them.

"I hate mind games," Brandon thought to himself, ever since his episode with mind-control, he had a very educated opinion of what mind manipulation could do, and as far as he was concerned isn't wasn't for the better!!

Fleeting as the thought was, the professor spoke about how they all were exhausted and started organizing and getting provisions to the students. Brandon was dehydrated, and his power of Ice, was useless in this state.

Brandon kept his arm around Roxanne, he looked at her and motioned over to where the food and drinks were being distributed, "Do you want me to go get you something?" he asked in the most caring voice possible.

TAG:Hourglass, anyone near, GJ

20. KraytDragon90

KraytDragon90 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    IC: Naloth

Naloth blinked as the mindscape dissolved and faded. It seemed right. That was how it was always done in the books, so it felt familiar. He rubbed his neck and winced at the tender skin there. He saw the food being handed out and ignored it. The doctor was right, he needed sleep. He idly wondered what had become of his things as he moved to the bed and set things up. He grinned as he thought and his mind gears spun. His mind was his own again and his thoughts safe. He closed his eyes as he lay down in the bed and barely flinched as a quiet voice came from beside him. "Hey...are you okay? You need anything?" He opened his eyes and sat up slowly. ?I?m fine, sir. I got shot really close range with a stun gun and left me with a massive headache. Add that to the rather disconcerting mind meld?.I?ve had better days. The only thing I really need is something to do. I?m tired and I need sleep, but I know from experience that I?m not getting any sleep tonight. My name?s Naloth, people seem to prefer calling me Phantom nowadays though.? He extended his hand slowly and looked up at the man curiously. He wondered what powers this man might exhibit at will. Being around so many mutants at once heightened Naloth?s imagination and left him in wonder.

TAG:Blink(Ktala)

21. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    Roxanne Moore
    Tunnels

"Do you want me to go get you something?" Brandon asked, his voice soft and caring.

Roxanne hadn't realized she had zoned off. The beautiful scene just outside the mansion had disolved into the dank tunnels where they actually stood. It was amazing how her eyes, although they had seemingly come to this dark place from sunlight, could see perfectly and didn't have to adjust to the change in lighting. The sensation nearly threw Roxanne's head for a loop.

Did she want something? Roxanne shook her head 'no', unable to form the words. Her stomach was growling but how could she eat when her brother was out there... and in trouble.

Raising her head off Brandon's shoulder, she looked into his blue eyes. She had to speak, for his sake. "No, thank you. I'm not hungry." Her voice was surprisingly strong... stronger than Roxanne felt. "Why don't you get yourself something and I'll go save you a place to sit over there." She pointed to a brigter area than were they stood now. There was a small (meaning it was only a few feet taller than them as opposed to 6 feet taller) stalagtite (or was it a stalagmite... Roxanne couldn't remember...) that jutted from the ground. It would be a nice place to sit back and wait. There were a few other students sitting around it, but the area just in front of it was free.

Before Brandon movied, Roxanne gave him a small peck on the cheak. She wanted to say thank you a million times over, but she felt he knew what the kiss was for. Besides, Roxanne was pretty sure she could never form the words to compleatly discribe how much his being there was helping her. With that, she made her way over to the spot she indicated and sat down, trying to keep all thoughts of her brother out.

Oh, when he get's back... if he's okay, he's going to get the beating of a life time for this! She thought with a sigh.

TAG: Brandon, anyone

Naomi Lee
    Tunnels

In a blink of an eye Naomi had gone from lounging in the warm sun to sitting in the ever-so-threatining tunnels. Her face was a mix of dissapointment and anxeity. There was no moving air in this place! It was still and dead. She wanted to feel a breeze... just a small one.

The echoing voice of John Storm caught her ear.

Food, yes, that was what she needed. Getting to her feet in one fluid motion, Naomi streached her arms above her head then quickly made her way towards John. Her long legs carried her towards John in a hurry, making her one of the first to get food.

As she walked back to her spot, draining the bottle of water in record time, she passed two students holding eachother. She wanted to laugh, but she forced herself not to. She looked about at other students, they were all gathered in small groups. It was then that Naomi realized she was all alone.

Normally, being alone had never bothered her, but for some reason these looming dark walls and lack of the open earth and sky was messing with her head and all she wanted was someone to talk to. Where was that blasted Wolf? Her eyes quickly looked through the faces in the crowd around her. No Wolf. With an agry sigh, she stuffed another bite of granola bar into her mouth. And for once in her life, Naomi had no clue what to do.

TAG: Anyone

22. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Alastor

Alastor remained somewhat quiet, after listening to Xavier's response to his statement. There arn't many places with the facilites to sucessfully study such items, that arn't likely under control of the MCU... his mind began to wonder. Perhaps somewhere in Canada or Europe? His mind moved from thought to thought attempting to find a solution to this problem that had presented itself to him.

Tag: GJ, Any

23. mosrael_the_waker

mosrael_the_waker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2006
    Mads and Emke Haumann
    Haumann apartment

Mads watched Strega as she glided out of the apartment. He was still riled up from her passionate speak and suddenly she wanted to go shopping! Mads never understood women. Luckily, Emke wasn?t like most women. Mads turned to his wife hoping they might pick up where the left off. But Emke seemed distracted.

?Quel est erroné?? Mads asked as Emke slid off the couch and began pacing the room. She was obviously bothered by something.

?Je ne peux faire ceci plus.'' Emke rubbed her eyebrow distractedly. ?Je déteste ne pas savoir ce que suis je. Je n'aime pas vivre dans la crainte que je peux être découvert. J'ai peur de ce qu'elles feraient à moi si elles découvraient de ce que je suis capable et la punition pour l'enregistrement.?

Mads had no idea what he might say to ease Emke?s worries. It was frightening to think of what might happen if they were discovered as unregistered mutants. Mads stood up and walked to Emke, but she held her hand out in front of her.

?Arrêtez svp, ne venez pas près de moi.? She looked as if she were about to cry. ?Je suis très confus. Je t'aime mais moi voulez vous détester pour m'apporter ici. Je déteste que tout soit ainsi compliqué maintenant ! I juste... Je dois être seul. Juste pendant un moment.?

Mads stood open mouthed as his wife dissolved before his eyes. He frantically called her name and tried to clutch at the space she had once occupied. There was only air. Mads stood in the center of their living room, but he felt completely lost.

TAG: mosrael_the_waker (hehe, I?ve never tagged myself), greyjedi

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Blink
    Makeshift Infirmary

"Hey...are you okay? You need anything?" Blinked asked Phantom, lying on the bed. Naloth opened his eyes and sat up slowly. ?I?m fine, sir. I got shot really close range with a stun gun and left me with a massive headache. Add that to the rather disconcerting mind meld?.I?ve had better days. The only thing I really need is something to do. I?m tired and I need sleep, but I know from experience that I?m not getting any sleep tonight. My name?s Naloth, people seem to prefer calling me Phantom nowadays though.? He extended his hand slowly and looked up at the man curiously.

Blink smiled, and gave a honest grin. "Well, for one, called me Blink..NOT sir. Makes me feel old." Blink said with a soft chuckle as he shook Naloth's hand. He then looked at the chart on the bed. "Well, I cant let you out. Not yet. You still have to recover abit. We're at the underground spot, with the Morlocks... for now." Blink looked around, then back at Naloth. "Buuuut, if you really want to help out, you can help us out here in the Infirmary. We got plenty to do around here, and frankly, we could use the help." Blink added, as he gave a smile. "But, only if your up to it. Not like we can really go anyplace at the moment." he added, shaking his head, while waiting to see what Naloth would say.

TAG:Naloth

25. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    IC: Adrian 'Sensor' Walker

Central Park, New York City

A quiet hum filled the air, the sound of supercomputers and buzzing conversation. Adrian ignored it for the most part, though somewhere within the back of his mind he cataloged every piece of information that reached his ears. Success was achieved in Trial One. The MCU had scored a victory against mutant kind. A robbery two blocks from the lab had taken place. Someone was coming to visit the Well-Dressed Man. So much seemed to be happening around him, though it hardly seemed important in that moment of time.

Adrian took his lingering gaze off from the plain ceiling and lifted his legs over his bed as he stood. Then he paused, frowning in thought. He could not recall how much time had lapsed since... Since what? His mind drew a blank. What had brought him back to the Laboratory? Where have I been? he wondered. His mind seemed overwhelmed and utterly absorbed in tracking and retaining information he hardly possessed a care for and yet he could not recall the events he most wanted.

At such times he felt most alone. He cast a glance throughout the complex, his eyes passing over the technicians hunched at their monitors and workstations.

Elanore.

Without further effort, the floodgates of Adrian's memory opened to release torrents of almost-forgotten events. The Park. A Behemoth. Someone jogging--a mutant. Elanore's disappearance. The last, as it often did, evoked stronger emotions than the other thoughts. Without conscious thought, Adrian's hands tightened into fists. He was so caught up in seeking his lost memories he did not notice the Men in White Coats suddenly scrambling about one of the largest supercomputers.

Mere moments later, a calming hand touched his shoulder and Adrian turned to look down into the eyes of the head researcher. "You must be recovering from your slumber," the man said, smiling in a manner Adrian knew to be artificial. "I've reviewed your report; it seems you've had quite the adventure."

Other voices called for Adrian's attention even as he found himself offering the researcher a dull nod. He could not recall making a report, but that was something to be addressed at a later time. The young man turned his head slightly until his eyes rested upon the point of his true interest. He could hear them talking--the Well-Dressed Man and one of the White Coats--despite the glass walls between them.

"She will not be cause for further trouble. Do you understand?" the Well-Dressed Man was saying.

"But, sir, she hasn't told him anything, he still doesn't kno--"

"Quiet! Hold your tongue, fool. It is not your place to make such judgments. She will be questioned by one who knows truth from fiction and intention from falsehood. Let the Inquisitor be the judge of her."

He did not need to hear anything further to cause him to suspect they were referring to Elanore. In fact, Adrian felt it was time he took control of the situation before he found himself losing even more of his already scarce and scattered memories. "Where is she?" he asked of the head researcher. "I want to see Elanore. Take me to her, now."

It did not matter how much time had passed, so long as he never lost hold of his one constant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.