1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning: Path of Heroes

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by greyjedi125, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Eagle's Breath

    He gave an exagerated eyeroll at Sage's taking of the 'Mists' route, but any wise being knows the end is not the goal or what matters, but the journey to it. And this journey should still have its perks, at least he should be able to have some fun in the mansion perhaps a nice conversation with that lady of light they had left behind. Maybe she could join them in returning if they were returning to rescue her physical form, after all she had to have one since he had seen it during the battle to excape. Which begged the question, "Are we returning to rescue the Lady of Light? And are the placement patterns for the disperal on arrival going to be far apart, cause if so it could cause a bit of a...an assistance in trouble response lag."

    TAG: Sage/GM, others for Mansions if you want to clarify what Jocasta is or whatever
  2. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2007
    star 4
    IC: Chandler Billings(Six)

    "That's all I needed, thank you. Pretty much all I need is to start building up energy, that way I'll have more stamina for the mission." Chandler said. "If you don't mind I'll just go and meditate for a while." he added, he then bowed and went over and sat down and started meditating automatically, building up the necessary energy that he'd need to take out any electrical systems that they might encounter.

    TAG: No one in partcular
  3. Teegirloo Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 26, 2005
    star 6
    Jaya Marxx (RavenHawk)


      A Cafe Near Starbucks, Union Square

      Jaya stared out the window; she was deep in thought of what to do. She vaguely remembered Bad Boy telling her about a secret website that Jocasta monitored in case of such emergency. There was a name and a password. darn! If only she could recall. What was it again? Something......cat, or was it shadow something.....and that weird password. was it kamf? amf? Between hunger and thinking so much, Jaya's head was begining to hurt.

      The protestors outside near the caf' were loud and it was easy for her to get distracted. She took a couple bites of her food absently. She could not for the life of her remember the password. As she sat brainstorming through her memories of the infamous password, she barely heard the news report on the television.

      Suddenly aware, she turned her head toward the counter where the TV was propped above in the corner ceiling.

      TV Announcer "DEAN WEATHERS here, We have just received some pretty incredible news in this already incredible day. So much is going on as History is being made. You won't believe this, but we've just been told that, IRON MAN, yes! you heard correctly, IRON MAN has just registered! The news is electrifying both sides of this already galvanized conflict concerning the MUTANT REGISTRATION ACT, and we are getting all kinds of different reactions from both supporters and detractors. First, we'll go to LINDA, who's presently in the streets of New York and we'll hear what people are saying there, then we'll head to the press conference held in WASHINGTON, where IRON MAN litetally flew-in just to register! Back to you BILL."

      Then all of a sudden the cafe erupted in chatter over the shocking newscast. Jaya couldn't believe it. Iron man had registered as a mutant. What was the world coming to? Jaya couldn't muster the courage to surrender herself. She was too independent for that. If she didn't happen to see a fellow mutant get taken down like an animal, she may have walked in the registration building.

      She ate the last of her food and knew she better get back to work. Her boss was probably looking for her. She set out some money for the waitress's tip after she paid her bill.

      In Jaya's mind there was much confusion, for the world seemed to be in chaos before her own eyes. As she walked out the door, it finally hit her. She stopped as if she was jolted back. The password that she was trying to think of finally came to her. She knew she should go back to work, but this was her best chance to go to the library and use one of the computers to look up the secret site. With no time to waste Jaya headed toward the opposite direction of her job at Starbucks heading for the library, a few blocks away.


    TAG: GreyJedi125
  4. Strader Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Nov 27, 2007
    Greetings all, love the RP you've got here. Leiahair invited me to join and Greyjedi approved the character sheet below. Look forward to RPing with you all.

    CHARACTER SHEET

    Alias: None, he has never been a part of an organisation that utilised them
    Real Name: Daniel Ranson
    Date of Birth: April 25th 1981
    Gender: Male

    Age: 21
    Height: 6ft, 2inch, 188 centimetres
    Weight: 171lbs, 78 kilos
    Eyes: Hazel
    Hair: black hair, cut short

    Family: Parents and a younger sister back in England, all live in the Thames Gateway area to the East of London. His father works as a site manager in large scale construction work while his mother is a lawyer. His sister is currently taking her A-levels. None of them have shown signs of mutations.
    Marital Status: Single
    Species: Mutant
    Nationality: White European
    Team: None at present

    Base of Operations: Columbia University

    Ability: When maintaining contact with non-living matter Daniel can shape it as he wishes. Simple shapes he can form quite literally at the speed of thought though there are limitations to the size he can achieve. He can construct machines and similar complex structures but doing so takes a great deal of time as he must focus and shape every individual component, creating something as complex as say a simple pneumatic arm would take him several minutes while anything very complex such as an engine requires hours, sometimes days of work. He is able to effect change on a chemical level too but is cautious in doing so for he knows it to be an unstable and therefore dangerous process. His main weakness is that he has no combat training and little experience of shaping things in a combative manner. He could almost be considered naive when it comes to that aspect of his powers and the dark undercurrents affecting mutantkind.

    Appearance: Despite his height Daniel is not an imposing presence. Slim and possessing a gentle nature he rarely stands out from the crowd. He has the sharp features and hazel eyes of a Mediterranean ancestry, a sharp-eyed, intelligent gaze and black hair that he keeps cut short and is rarely seen in anything resembling a style. Daniel dresses well though not in designer labels, stopping short of suits he nonetheless usually wears smart shirts and trousers, a three-quarter length black leather coat cut in the style of business wear making him look like what he is, a graduate expecting to enter important work.

    Other Special Features:
    Though he studies engineering Daniel is a lover of art and where other people doodle he will shape small sculptures of whatever is occupying his mind.

    Personality: Generally happy and loyal to those close to him, he is used to having to hide the mutant in him though and thus is shy by nature, normally quiet and not given to outbursts of emotion he usually comes off as thoughtful and careful.

    Weapons:
    Able to shape whatever he touches weapons are usually not too far beyond his reach however shaping anything complex with moving parts takes a great deal of time and creating the chemical compounds needed for something like a gun or an explosive is an even longer and actually quite dangerous process because of the potential for the chemical reactions to spiral out of control.

    History/Background: With both of his parents employed in well paying jobs Daniel grew up in the comfortable surroundings of a family without financial woes though this came at the price of a scarcity of contact between himself and his parents. However he and his sister were both very close and when Daniel began to show an early affinity for the physics and chemistry of materials his parents were quick to show him their support meaning he did not want for care.

    His mutant powers developed slowly, the first signs the strange way that his drawings would never seem to smudge or degrade. Then he found that the clay they were given in art class responded better to his fing
  5. Strader Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Nov 27, 2007
    IC Daniel Ranson

    It was a grey, mild day in New York, the campus of Columbia University bustling like an anthill as students crossed too and fro. Little in their busy movement to suggest something momentous other than the imposing presence of the bulky black truck, the government seal prominent against the black paint as it cast the words ?Mutant Registration Enforcement? in stark relief. Most did not give it or the police cruisers parked either side of it a second look, it was nothing to do with them, worthy only of an idle glance and an offhand comment. The sombre faced, black suited men who sat at the desk that had been set up beneath an awning stretched from the truck and the lab coated men that could be glimpsed inside were none of their concern. They belonged to some other world of strange powers and weird abilities.

    Another world to most, to Daniel Ranson though they were far more pertinent. He crossed the square with his collar turned up, glancing at them through the corner of his eye, fighting the urge to cross to the other side of the square, to break and run from all that the dark suited men entailed. A half a dozen students had already registered along with a handful of staff, people with enough status, family connections or money to ensure that they could do so without fear. Not him though. He was a stranger here, back in England his mother was a lawyer who could have sheltered him but she was thousands of miles away across an expanse of ocean. He thought again of buying a ticket and flying back to her, of getting away from this place with its sudden danger and fear of his kind but he had seen the news reports, seen the black suits and white coats that now lined the security checkpoints in the airports. How much worse would it be if he was seen trying to flee than if they simply found him living among them?

    He hoisted his satchel higher up onto his shoulder and let out a slow breath of relief as he entered one of the gothic buildings that hemmed the square and passed out of sight of the truck. He had heard the stories, here in a prestigious university all was polite, official, the students from wealthy, important families that ensured their treatment. But in the slums and ghettos it was quite different. He had heard the rumours, that where there were no cameras, no public voice that would miss the mutant the black vans were not parked so politely, that the men in black suits wore body armour and carried tazers instead of clipboards and pens. Most dismissed the allegations and reports of riots, of full scale battles in the poorer areas. Some supported them, what better way to control the mutant threat than with overwhelming force? For his part, Daniel feared them for he was a stranger in this city thousands of miles from anyone who would fight for him.

    ?Daniel, hey man!? He looked up and grinned at Peter, a stocky New Yorker with a round, plain featured face who made a sharp contrast to his tall, slim build and sharp, hawkish looks.

    ?Hi Pete.? He had a strong London accent that sounded strange among so many American voices but his friend was used to it. Peter was the only person on campus Daniel had told about his powers, about the way he could shape matter to his will. His face grew serious as they fell into step beside each other, threading through the halls.

    ?So, uh, did you find out about it?? He kept his voice low, glancing around, the sight of the truck in the centre of campus huge in his mind.

    Peter nodded, talking in the quick way that marked him as a native New Yorker, his face growing sombre. ?Yeah, my cousin came through but the place I was talking about before, it?s gone. A bunch of troops and those sentinels they showed on the news trashed it, called it an anti-terrorist operation.?

    Daniel?s breath caught for a moment, ?What?? He had been counting on this Xavier?s Institute, depending on it as a safe haven should things spiral out of control and now it was gone and he truly was thousands of miles from safety. He swore quietly, glancing around as though expecting to see bo
  6. KraytDragon90 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 1, 2005
    star 4
    IC: Naloth/Phantom

    Naloth stood silently as he listened to John outline the basic plan. Get into the lab and start some wierd project. Simple enough he supposed. He wasn't really eager to go through some portal into some dimension, but it had to be safe....somewhat at least. Heck it couldn't be worse than being shot, right? He shrugged lightly as John finished speaking and glanced around slowly. "So...what're we waiting for? Onward! To where no man has go--errr wait...wrong movie...." He chuckled softly and smiled. Levity had to be good for something. Even if no one understood his humor.

    TAG: all around

    OOC: Couldn't really think of much to post about
  7. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Karra
    Xavier camp, Morlock Tunnels

    Karra had stayed with Iori, until she was sure he was going to be ok. Then, she decided she would go and grab alittle something to eat. She was hungry, after such a long journey back, carrying Iori. And truth be told, she was hungry. But before she could get that far, she was stopped by a mental message from Sage.

    //Whenever you are ready, I will speak with you alone.// Sage sent to Karra as she walked towards Erik and N'dare. Karra blinked, but simply nodded. Se wondered what could possibly Sage wish to talk with her about.

    The meeting with Sage was ... Karra, could not come up with any words. Force once, she was truly speachless. Sage, John and Xavier had been there, and what they told her, left her mute. She tried her best to sit there, not showing what she felt, but she was sure she had the 'deer in the headlights' look. Her eyes had to be growing bigger by the second. What she was told made sense, but she seriously began to wonder if there was another reason she had found this tiny blue-green spec. If she had just kept on flying....

    Karra excused herself, after the meeting, now really needing to grab a bite to eat. Her brain was trying to mull through the recent events, when she got pulled aside once more, this time, it looked as if Nat Taboris and she were going to go on another mission.

    Karra made a quick run towards the meal area. She really needed to eat, before she did anything else. As she reached the area, she noticed both Lera and Iori were there. Karra paused for a moment, giving them both a small grin. She had missed them, and it was almost like being normal, with the two of them at the table. She then continued over towards the table whre Iori and Lera sat.

    "Mind if I join you?" Karra asked the pair, as she walked over towards the table. She then let out a long sigh.

    "Im STARVING...whats on the menu?" she asked, trying to keep an upbeat attitude, while talking to them.

    Tag: Lera, Iori, any Xavier students in Meal area( Morlock Camp )
  8. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Oni
    World of Warcraft. Darnasus, Questers secret tavern.

    It was indeed a 'busy' night at Questers. Oni's attention faded from the news orb. All she had to do was lower her window if she wanted to know what was out there. No, something else now drew her attentions into sharp focus.The female dark elf she spied enchanting earlier had grown very quiet and still. She seemed transfixed before her scrying orb. Her eyes weer as big as saucer plates and her moth slightly open. Oni took a glance, to see what it was that shocked the dark elf so. She trusted her own security programs to keep her undetected.

    The dark elf's scrying orb was had not tapped a mere media channel, but something far more insidious. Indeed, the girls skills, if she had been the one to do it, were quite good. The scene looked like something out of a sci-fi movie. The viewing was done from a fix place.....in space.

    There was a hint of reflected light off to the left, but was uncertain if it was coming from a planet or some such heavenly body. Right and centre, there was....space battle. A dogfight to be
    more specific. Small space ships zipped and darted back and forth like an angered nest of hornets.

    Beams of lights flashed incesantly from them, and many ships exploded in response. The scene was frenzied and violent as many explotion lit the darkness of cold space for just a moment. The black, bat-like looking ships had a clear advantage over the more arrow looking ones.

    There was a moment when a pair of space fighter passed closed enough to the 'eye' of the orb so the marking could be seen. The bat-like ship had markings that were completely unintelligible, since
    they looked more like weird runes. The arrow looking ship on the other hand had letters on it.

    S.H.I.E.L.D.

    CRAP! Through Oni's International contacts, she knew those letters well. What the heck were THEY doing up there? And who was those ships? Something indeed was going on, and she had to wonder did
    it have anything to do with the Mutant reg push, since it just seemed s abit too coincidential.

    The bat-like ship vaporized the arrow looking one in a hail of brilliant laser fire. The ship that was destroyed bore a S.H.I.E.L.D insignia. A tear welled up in the eyes of the dark elf female as
    the arrow ship exploded, taking out the scrying 'eye' with it. The scrying orb at the table instantly went dark. The dark female elf sat down, stunned and silent, almost paralyzed by what she
    had seen.

    Ghost's immage flickered slighty as she made what could be called a 'warding' gesture. Back in the real world, Oni was busy adding a few extra security protocals. After what SHE had just seen, she
    was NOT going to be caught unawares, for she was quite aware of the level of intel she had just seen. And something had already been testing her perimiter. She wanted to make sure they did not breach it. Aftermath, the one she had spoken to eariler, was still there at the table she was at.

    Oni had her avatar order a drink, and send it to the dark elf. A small gesture, but the girl look like she needed one. She then turned towards Aftermath.

    "Isnt it interesting, that they are in a willing to show such muscle, for a supposed 'voluntary' time period. They seem to be in some sort of hurry. I wonder why?" she spoke softly, but clearly.

    She then stood up slowly, and looked around the bar, before she began to wander slightly. She didnt like the idea of intruders on her hunting grounds.

    TAG: GreyJedi





    Blink and Aurora
    Infirmary, Xavier camp, Morlock Tunnels

    Blink caught up with Aurora just as she had finished feeding the baby, and had finally detached herself from her, laying down nearby for some much needed rest. Blink grinned, and carefully pulled
    up the blanket around Aurora. She had stayed up much of the night, tending to the baby, and had pulled her duties as well. He looked over into the crib. The baby was fast asleep.

    Blink had been busy with Phantom, and together his chores in the Infirmary had gone very qui
  9. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Xavier camp, Morlock Tunnels

    Lera, Iori & Karra

    "Mind if I join you?" Karra asked as she walked over towards Iori and Lera.

    "Im STARVING...what's on the menu?" she asked, trying to keep an upbeat attitude, while talking to them.

    Iori already had a mouthful of food when Karra approached. He chewed quickly a few times then chased down what he'd eaten with a hardy gulp of his drink. Only then did he manage to give Karra a bright and warm welcoming smile. He moved to one side and motioned for her to take the seat in between him an Lera.

    " Of course you can join us..." he informed happily. "You don't even have to ask."

    Iori gestured to her warm and waiting breakfast tray.

    "As for the menu, I think today we're having hashbrowns with bacon and scrambled eggs, toast, sliced peaches in nectar and a tall glass of orange juice. Butter and strawberry preserves are on the side."

    It was so good to be among friends. For that moment, their plight was completely forgotten. Just being together was a precious gift. Having close friends was like having family, and more.

    Iori took a bite of his jellied toast and simply looked contentedly at karra and Lera as he ate. Inwardly he realized he might need to eat several trays of food, if it was at all possible. His energy reserves were so low that he could hardly sense Karra and Lera who were right infront of him, but when put into perspective, that was secondary.

    Having one another to care for and protecting each other, that's what mattered most.


    Tag: Ktala, genimay

    *****

    Sage Team: Eagle's Breath, Naomi, Shadowspite, Six & Wind Weapon

    "Lady of Light...?" Sage asked aloud as she interpreted what Eagle Breath might mean, given his unusual manner of speaking.

    "Oh, you mean Jocasta..." Sage said with a chuckle, realizing what the ancient one meant. "Well, she hardly needs rescuing to be honest. She's exactly where she's needed most. Safeguarding the Institute from intrusion."

    Sage gave a nod to each of her team members, signaling that it was time to go.

    "Gather 'round all. It's time to make the jump. Eagle's Breath, I'll implant the location of our egress in your mind."

    A moment later, the shinning vortex that was te portal was opened. On the otherside, nothing could be seen, but mist. Sage noded and bade the rest of the group to follow. As expected, the passage through the world of mist was without incident...at least this time around. The Exit portal opened not too far off and the team took it's leave of the strange, yet wondrous world of mist.

    Upon exiting, the team came out from behind a large green mound located just off the highway and between the main road to the institute. A smaller mound was infront of them. Sage hurridly motioned for them to crouch.

    "Is everyone OK?" she inquired to all in a whisper. With her back against the smaller mound she kept her body from view as she took a peek. A few heartbeats later, she righted herself and faced the small infiltration group.

    "Well, this is interesting..." Sage used her powers to create an illusion at their feet. A small scale representation of the Institute came into view. Nothing much had changed. The damage to the grounds had not been repaired, however, the Mansion was completely enveloped by a glowing sphere with a surface made entirely of translucent hexagons, and around the perimeter of the mansion, 30 feet tall tripod like machines could be seen walking about. There were about four of them and no sign of MCU soldiers or Sentinels.

    "We are here..." Sage said, breaking the silence as she pointed out their position in the illusory map. "We're about 500 meters from where we need to go, which is here."

    A secret door became highlited behind the mansion, right around the area infront of the memorial garden and the path to the boat house.

    "If we can get close enough without being detected that would be great, but we have to be ready in case we are."

    Sage l
  10. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 5, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Alastor


    Alastor stood now in a far more plesent setting. We wasn't exactly what you'ld call an outdoorsy person but he could, and did appreciate the change in setting. Very nice. he thought as he tightned the grip around his duffle bags handle. He doubted the weapons or tools inside were to be needed, but after years it was like a security blanket having them around. Not to mention, it was better to be safe and sorry. He glanced around at the others, nodding to those who happned to be looking in his direction, and waited. I hope this is all worth the trouble, he thought. He knew his abilites, but he doubted the MCU would make understanding their weapons easy.


    Tag: Mc Taggert team, GM
  11. Strader Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Nov 27, 2007
    IC: Daniel Ranson

    Daniel pulled the collar of his dark coat up higher, licking dry lips as he glanced furtively up and down the street, feeling horribly conspicuous with his smart coat and heavy luggage bag. It was not so much the cold that he was trying to gain protection from as the fear that gnawed at him. He was slowly realising only now how sheltered he had been in his parent's Southend semi-detached on its pleasant, clean, tree-lined street with the wide, open parks. He had always thought of the dark underbelly of society as another world, a thing far removed from him that so long as he avoided becoming stuck in the worse areas of London would never effect him. Yet now here he was, underneath a flickering street light with a bag that contained everything he owned, throwing himself into that underbelly.

    Even at this late hour the station was not completely deserted, a trickle of late night revellers, businessmen and others passing him by though none so much as glanced at him, each intent on getting home. In his quiet corner outside the terminal his eyes skipped hurriedly from shadow to shadow, every unexpected car or shadowed passer by sending his pulse flying as he licked dry lips. What was he getting himself into he wondered for the hundredth time since the brief message on his phone. He trusted Peter but how much did either of them know about these Morlocks? They were mutants true enough but that did not mean they were not also the worst kind of human, gangers, drug-dealers. They were supposed to live in disused maintenance and infrastructure tunnels under the city, what kind of group of people would have choosen to live so outside the law even before the act drove all of his kind into hiding? The possibilities were endless and his was an imagination made fertile by a love of art and capable of giving his supposed saviours all kinds of unsavoury traits in his mind.

    In his fingers he shaped a slim bar of steel as if it were clay, shaping it easily into whatever shapes his racing mind desired. He wondered what they would want from him for their help, did he dare hope that they would shelter him out of simple brotherhood? What would he do if they would not? What would he be prepared to do to earn their help if it came to that? His fingers were doing the shaping equivalent of doodling and he absorbed his mind for a few minutes in shaping the steel into an intricate set of helical gears, taking pleasure in the act of creation. The act calmed him and he smiled as he set the mechanism in motion and the whole thing started moving with a complex oiliness. A passing car made him look up again and he span, the delicate framework melting beneath his panicked fingers into a formless lump as he pretended to be reading a bus schedule.

    He controlled his breathing and tried to slow his hammering heart as he looked around again, hoping to see anyone who could be the person he had been sent here to meet. He had been standing there for ten minutes already and the tension was playing merry havoc with his already high strung nerves. Just two weeks ago his future had been clear and certain and now here he was, pitched into a world of shadows and outlaws. He shivered again, and in his hand the steel began to shift and change with his thoughts, one way or the other his life would never be the same again of that he was certain.

    Tag: GreyJedi
  12. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Eagle's Breath

    As they huddled behind the mound he nodded, slightly. Luckily unlike the others he was able to use her crude representation to help him orient as he looked beyond the moundat the facility and the tripods around it. "Understood, I could portal us to their and open one infront of the door to decrease detection. So long as there are no counter messures or enemy sensor suites searching for such activity by the field."

    TAG: GM, Mansion Infiltrators
  13. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2007
    star 4
    IC: Six

    "They'd likely have sentries posted there, that idea may not be to well advised. Leave any security systems and guards to me, I'll knock them all out. The electric system will shutdown, the human factor will just have a nice, short, one day coma." he added with a mischievous smile. "I may need help getting close enough without being detected by unknown entities however." he said looking to the others for a volunteer.

    TAG: All on Institute mission.
  14. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Daniel Ranson

    12:21 am: Port Authority, 42nd ST-NYC .

    Daniel waited and waited. His anxiety mounting with every tic of the clock. Certainly by now he thought that everyone knew who and what he was. Every move betrayed him and evey shadow had eyes, but before he finally gave into unreasoning doubt and fear, a familiar figure appeared under the street lamp on the opposite side of the street.

    It was Peter.

    Daniel's friend waved at him and motioned for him to cross the street and join him where he stood.


    Tag: Strader

    **************

    Apologies friend. sorry its short. Not having any luck with free time this week. Bah! [face_frustrated]
  15. Strader Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Nov 27, 2007
    IC: Daniel Ranson

    Daniel let out a low, shuddering sigh of relief, dropping the patch of fibrous mesh he had just formed from the steel into the deep pockets of his jacket. He leant down to pick up his bag, stepping out only to pull up short, earning a blast of a cab's horn and of the driver's ire as he nearly stepped out in front of it. He glanced both ways this time before darting across cursing his ineptitude and shredded nerves, certain that he could not have been more conspicuous if he had been trying.

    "Peter, man am I glad to see you." He joined him in the pool of light cast by the streetlight, unable to stop himself searching the shadows around them. "Where's this guy you said could help?

    Tag: GreyJedi
  16. Jedi_Allegra Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2003
    star 5
    GM approved (Returning character)

    *Will make opening post soon*

    Alias: Phantom
    Real Name: Kristin Matthews
    Date of Birth: May 18th, 1987
    Gender: Female

    Age: 19
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 124
    Eyes: Hazel Green
    Hair: Long middle back length brown

    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Lady_Allegra/XaviersInstituteKristinMatthews.jpg]

    Family: Mother and Father gave her to her grandparents upon knowledge of her powers. Grandmother: Carol Matthews, 72 Grandfather: Pat Matthews, 78. One brother: Jason Matthews, 16, deceased.
    Marital Status: Single-and-looking
    Species: Mutant
    Nationality: Caucasian
    Team: X-Men

    Base of Operations: N/A

    Ability: Phaser. Can phase through any solid substance. Except natural substances, grass, dirt, etc.

    Appearance: Nice fitting jeans, ballet flat shoes, nice shirt. Attractive, for her age. Wouldn't consider herself the most gorgeous woman on the face of the Earth. Petite in her build. Very sweet and gracious appearance.

    Other Special Features: Has a small scar on her lower back from when she was younger, she tried to phase a piece of shattered glass through her. Didn't quite work out as planned.

    Personality: Very sweet temper, she can be a bit sour at times. She is a perfectionist, so if something doesn't go as planned she can get a little up tight.

    Weapons: N/A

    History/Background: Kristin was just like any normal child. Born into a loving and caring family until at the age of 8 Kristin's parents learned of her mutant powers. They were horrified so they placed her in the care of her distant relatives, her father's parents. She never really felt accepted at school or in her neighborhood, even though she never revealed her powers. When Kristin was 11 a devastating fire destroyed her grandparents home. Kristin was stuck in her room as the window shattered. Shards of glass flew and she tried to Phase through a piece of glass, having not fully developed her powers the glass logged in her lower back. She was taken to the hospital and it was surgically removed. Kristin and her grandparents moved to a new home down the street. It was there she learned of Xavier's Institute. Her next door neighbor's son saw her riding her bike one day and she fell and went in for a hard crash on the ground. She Phased and fell through the concrete. She reappeared in her driveway. The two struck up conversation and it was then she realized there was a place where she would be accepted. Her grandparents arranged for her admission and sent her there for schooling and it was there at Xavier's that she learned to develop her powers.



  17. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Welcome Back Jedi_Allegra.

    And yes, I'm very well aware that there are two characters with the codename Phantom, and have similar powers. This too serves as a plot point for the game. So no worries.
    :-B[face_peace]
  18. Jedi_Allegra Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2003
    star 5
    OOC: You just got it all planned out, don't you Grey. ;) :p I thought you might add it as a point to the plot. I was hoping for that. :)

  19. KraytDragon90 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 1, 2005
    star 4
    IC: Naloth/Phantom

    Naloth glanced warily at the sword Animan displayed. A sword. Why in the world did he carry around a sword? He shook his head lightly as Animan sheathed the weapon again. He turned and inhaled sharply as Robert opened the portal to Ireland. So, this is what a portal looked like. He strode around it once to get a better grasp of it, but it only left him with a headache. Maybe I shouldn?t think to much on it?Can?t be too bad..Bah, why does everything have to be impossible? He shrugged and stepped through the portal.

    He gasped as he came upon the other side. Truth to be told, he didn?t really think it would work. But..it was hard not to believe now. No amount of Sci-Fi reading had prepared him for any of this. "Welcome to Dublin, lady and gentlemen. The County of Fingal to be more specific." Naloth turned back to Taggert to see him stretching his arms out. He idly wondered how long it?d been since Taggert had been home. "Take a moment to appreciate your surroundings. We are are about a mile or so from my laboratory. Since we are not in U.S. territory, I don't believe the MCU will be out in the open, which means we have to be extra careful." He nodded lightly and walked over to where Taggert stood. The MCU would provide a complication of course, but he was sure they had a plan. ?Good to be out of those blasted caves. I assume this is the part where we stealthily sneak into a heavily guarded building and not get shot??

    TAG:All around

    OOC: In my defense, that character was inactive when I created mine XD
  20. Darph_Nader Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 17, 2005
    star 1
    OOC: I'm going to jump back a bit before I get to current events...

    JACK "HAWK" WARNER & ELANA WARNER:

    Infirmary...

    The night was a long one.

    Jack had barely slept last night. He couldn't stomach being in these caves. The quarters were tight, not to mention that awful stench. Many students slept uneasily, thereby making it difficult for anyone else to rest. Jack had sat at Elana's bedside all night, in case she happened to metamorphose during the night. Thankfully she didn't.

    Jack looked over at his sister, as she slept on her cot in the Infirmary. He remembered the day they'd first met. It wasn't exactly the happiest of occasions, and the journey back to the Institute was arduous to say the least. But since then, the two had gotten along rather well. They'd had their share of close scrapes, and tender moments.

    --- --- --- ---

    The Caves...
    Jack's face sagged with fatigue due to the lack of sleep. He was greeted to a bowl of some ungodly-smelling soup.

    "If they're tryin' to kill me, why not do it right," he muttered under his breath. Jack took a seat in an isolated part of the cave. As he scooped up some of the contents of the soup with his spoon, his eyes began to close. He felt his head slowly begin to fall.

    "You should've gotten some sleep, you know."

    Jack's eyes flashed open, and his head jerked itself upright. He looked up to see Elana standing over him, a small bowl in her hand.

    "Did you sit over here so no one could watch you nap?" she asked mischievously.

    Jack slowly wagged his head. "No." He took a bit of the soup. His face contorted as he tried to swallow it. "Who made this stuff?"

    Elana shrugged as she took some herself. "Don't know." She sat down next to him.

    "Last night I had the weirdest dream," Elana said as she had some of her food.

    "If they had this soup yesterday, that's probably what caused it," Jack mumbled.

    Elana shook her head. The soup wasn't that bad. "In that dream, I was standing on the edge of this cliff. There was a big chasm, and on the other side, I saw myself, only different." Elana paused to have some more of her breakfast. "She was menacing. And she was really fat."

    Jack coughed, spewing food out of his mouth. He hacked a few times more, and then wiped his face clean with the back of his hand. As Jack looked up at Elana, a grin crossed his face. "Fat?"

    Elana nodded. "I told you it was a weird dream. Anyway, She was on the other edge, glaring at me. I tried to look away, but couldn't. She was getting ready to say something, and then I woke up."

    The two sat in silence for a few moments.

    "Do you know what it means?"

    Jack shrugged. "It was probably just a dream. Remember, you're head's not screwed on just right anymore."

    Elana huffed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

    Jack looked up, in a bit of shock. "What'd I - "

    Elana rose, a glint of anger in her eyes. "Maybe you should look in the mirror sometime, and see whose head is screwed on just right!"

    "Elana - "

    "Don't you interrupt me!" Elana barked. "I have followed you around, ever since I came here with you, doing everything you wanted me to do. But whenever I wanted to something, oh no, that just couldn't happen! You had to keep me locked away in a cage like some slave!"

    Jack rolled his eyes. "I only had - "

    "My best interests in mind?" Elana finished. "Did you ever ask me what my interests were?"

    With that, she turned on her heel, and walked off.

    Jack rolled his eyes again, and let out a long sigh. "Who shoved a feather in her ear?"

    --- --- --- ---

    Meeting...

    Jack took a seat as the meeting began. Next to him sat a boy, probably fourteen years of age. He looked relatively normal. Jack didn't spend too much time studying him, but instead pulled his cap over his face, and leaned back in his chair. Hopefully he could get a bit of sleep.

    Jack felt a tapping on his shoulder. He lifted his hat from his eyes, and turned to see the boy smiling at him.

    "Are you Hawk?" the bo
  21. Jerdu_Slmor Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 20, 2007
    star 3
    the youngman as he approached.

    "Will I be needing this?" Animan asked as he reached across his back and unsheathed his Samurai sword. Dr. Mc Taggert regarded the weapon with interest.

    "I should certainly hope not, but unfortunatelly we cannot take that chance I'm afraid."

    At that moment John Storm came around and gestured for Animan to sheathe his sword. Then he nodded at the group, but not not before Naloth shared his thoughts.

    "So...what're we waiting for? Onward! To where no man has go--errr wait...wrong movie...." He chuckled softly and smiled. John, Dr. Mc Taggert and Robert chuckled as well, totally getting Naloth's reference.

    Robert turned at John's signal, and with a word of command, created a portal directly to their destination, thanks to Dr. Mc Taggerts instructions. The shinning spiraling disk lit this side of the Tunnels as John and Dr. Mc Taggert lead the rest of his team to the otherside of the portal.

    There was a moment of disorientation as the vastness of the open air and the light of the sun engulfed the team. It was after all, a stark contrast from the dank and darkness of the tunnels. For those who paid attention to subtle details, the group had left the Morlock tunnels in New York at a few minutes past 10 am. Ireland was in a different time zone, which put it 5 hours ahead on the clock.

    "Welcome to Dublin, lady and gentlemen. The County of Fingal to be more specific."

    Dr. Mc Taggert took in a deep breath and smiled widely as he stretched his arms. There was nothing but blue skies and an expanse of green almost as far as they could see.

    "Take a moment to appreciate your surroundings. We are are about a mile or so from my laboratory. Since we are not in U.S. territory, I don't believe the MCU will be out in the open, which means we have to be extra careful."

    Mc Taggert was joined by John and Robert as he waited for everyone to get their fill of the open air. It was good to be topside again. It was good to be home.



    Animan follows he rest of them playing it quite until it was time for him to put his skills into action.

  22. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Karra
    Xavier camp, Morlock Tunnels

    "Mind if I join you?" Karra asked as she walked over towards Iori and Lera. "Im STARVING...what's on the menu?" she asked, trying to keep an upbeat attitude, while talking to them. Iori already had a mouthful of food when Karra approached. He chewed quickly a few times, which Kara found cute. He then gave Karra a bright and warm welcoming smile. He moved to one side and motioned for her to take the seat in between him an Lera. Karra moved to sit where he gestured.

    "Of course you can join us..." he informed happily. "You don't even have to ask." Iori gestured to her warm and waiting breakfast tray. Karra beamed, smiling as she sat down.

    "As for the menu, I think today we're having hashbrowns with bacon and scrambled eggs, toast, sliced peaches in nectar and a tall glass of orange juice. Butter and strawberry preserves are on the side." Iori continued, as she tok her seat. She looked at both Iori and Lera, and simply grinned, meeting Iori's grin as well.

    "Ohhh...Yummmy. This all looks soo good! But, I gotta hurry up. They wanna send me out, to grab some more foodstuffs..I think. Right now, I wont mind something 'easy'." she stated, between bites of the food, as she tried to eat quickly. "Besides, I think I'm ready for a nap..." Karra stopped, and reached down inside her tunic. She pulled out a small gem. She made a sigh. "Good..I didnt lose it." Karra tucked it back into her clothing, then continued eating quickly. She looked back up at Iori, suddenly embarrased that she had not asked about him.

    "How you feeling, Iori??" she asked him, dropping her voice softly, as she leaned over to ask him. She didnt want Lera to get upset. "You really scared me for a bit back there." She leaned closer. "Dont you DARE go and get yerself hurt...." She whispered fierecely to him. After what Sage had told her, she didnt want to think about losing any more family. She snuggled up closer, and continued to eat, ignoring the fact that her face was turning a bright red, as she ate.


    Tag: greyjedi, genimay




    Professor N'dare
    Leaving tunnels for....Scotland

    N'dare stood by quietly, listening as Mc Taggert spoke to the other students. He was not needed at the moment, so he used the time, to rest and prepare for the 'trip.' Robert turned at John's signal, and with a word of command, created a portal directly to their destination, thanks to Dr. Mc Taggerts instructions. The shinning spiraling disk lit this side of the Tunnels as John and Dr. Mc Taggert lead the rest of his team to the otherside of the portal. N'dare's eyebrow went up, but he said nothing as he and the other students entered the protal.

    There was a moment of disorientation as the vastness of the open air and the light of the sun engulfed the team. It was after all, a stark contrast from the dank and darkness of the tunnels. For those who paid attention to subtle details, the group had left the Morlock tunnels in New York at a few minutes past 10 am. Ireland was in a different time zone, which put it 5 hours ahead on the clock. They stepped out, into a beautiful field.

    "Welcome to Dublin, lady and gentlemen. The County of Fingal to be more specific." N'dare smiled as he took in a deep breath of air. There was nothing but blue skies and an expanse of green almost as far as they could see. The type of area N'dare could get used to. He could feel the area around him, and it was alive with the forces of nature. It was a welcomed break from the tunnels. Mc Taggart continued to speak.

    "Take a moment to appreciate your surroundings. We are are about a mile or so from my laboratory. Since we are not in U.S. territory, I don't believe the MCU will be out in the open, which means we have to be extra careful." N'dare nodded in agreement. Mc Taggert was joined by John and Robert as he waited for everyone to get their fill of the open air. It was good to be topside again.

    N'dare looked around. He would feel if anyone came close to them, the ope
  23. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Sage Team

    Sage, Eagle's Breath, Hawk, Naomi, Shadowspite, Six, Wind Weapon

    Xavier Mansion grounds

    Sage listened to all the comments before responding to her team. She was glad to her such good input from them.

    "Since there are only FOUR of those WALKERS out there and NO SIGN of MCU soldiers, I think Eagle's Breath suggestion is sound. We'd have to be insane to comback so soon after being routed, right?" Sage punctuated the last part of her comment with more than a hint of sarcasm.

    "Anyway, the closer we appear to the secret entrance, the better our chances are. Should they have any detection devices set up along the perimeter, we should be able to handle them."

    At the mention of that last part, Sage looked to SIX with and gave a slight nod.

    "Eagle's Breath, get ready to portal us..." Sage instructed before looking to Hawk.

    "So Hawk, how keen is your vision? Can you see the four walkers from here, and if so, perhaps you can see a pattern to their patrol route and tell us which is the best window for us to portal to our location."

    Sage waited for Hawk's answer as she half-turned her head and spoke to Wind Weapon.

    "Get ready to cause some turbulance at a moment's notice." She instructed.

    Depending on Hawk's answer, they would be ready to go and she would be able to get them all inside the protective energy sphere that surrounded the mansion itself.


    Tag: Mitth_Fisto, Chanbill, Leia_Hair, GSF, Darph_Nader

    *************************

    Mc Taggert Team

    Dr. Mc Taggert, Professor N'dare, John Storm, Animan, Alastor, Naloth, Erin, The Magician

    Dublin, Ireland. En Route to Mc Taggert's Lab

    Dr. Kincaid Mc Taggert was a good natured man, which often showed in his demeanor whenever he was not consumed by work. In this case, he whistled as they travelled towards his lab. The tune was a lively one, which required some technical musical skill, which he apparently had.

    The small procession progressed without incident for most of the journey until about the last 200 meters or so.

    "There, just across that hill, you can see the roof of my lab. It's the one with the visible antennas and com-dish."

    Mc Taggert smiled amiably as he pointed out his edifice, but it was John who noted a particular hardening look on N'dare's eyes.

    The subtle breezes were revealing something to Professor N'dare. Six small spherical objects floated around Mc Taggert's compound, unseen by the naked eye. Their orbit's around the lab building varied in diameter as they patrolled.


    Tag: Ktala, Icey, Krayt, Rilwen, Jerdu

    ********************************************

    Daniel Ranson

    12:29 am: Port Authority, 42nd ST-NYC

    Daniel let out a low, shuddering sigh of relief as He leant down to pick up his bag, stepping out only to pull up short, earning a blast of a cab's horn and of the driver's ire as he nearly stepped out in front of it. He glanced both ways this time before darting across cursing his ineptitude and shredded nerves, certain that he could not have been more conspicuous if he had been trying.

    "Peter, man am I glad to see you." He joined him in the pool of light cast by the streetlight, unable to stop himself searching the shadows around them. "Where's this guy you said could help?

    Peter smiled, then took one step back from under the light and into the shadow. The face that now looked at Daniel was no longer that of his friend, but of a stranger with strange tatoos markings adorning his entire visage. His eyes did seem to glow for the briefest moment.

    "I am your contact Daniel Ranson. I am called Mask, and I can help you. Follow me if you wish to leave the oppression that threatens your freedom."

    The facially tatooed figure before Daniel took another step backward and looked to see if the young mutant would follow.


    Tag: Strader

    ******************************************

    Hmm.....just ran out of time
  24. HunterPrime Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 17, 2004
    star 1
    Shifter - Genosha, Underground Dome, Battle Arena

    Barbarella was shouting and hissing at Shifter and it was getting her pretty amped up! Shifter smiled to himself. Why couldnt it be a little cutie getting so worked up over him? Instead, he got the butt U.G.L.Y. chicks. Yeah..maybe she got a nice personality..but he doubted it.

    Shifter moved himself, as a screaming Barbarella came at him, suddenly rushing him with barbed arms clawing and swinging wildly. He smiled widely now, as she came charging towards him. "Yeah..bring it baby!" he shouted at her. Oh yeah, she was good and worked up now. She was just a ball of rage coming at him. Shifter might be slow, but he wasn't stupid. The ring was HIS area, and he was about to prove it. For her pure saverage, he had experience. He stood, as if ready for her to slam into him, and then just when she grew close, he leaped. As he jumped, he lightened his weight, adjusting it so that he could soar high above her. He pulled his legs and arms in tight, as he shot upwards, and then when he was right over her, he increased his weight.

    Alot.

    In a classic 'Cannonball' move, he came down, hard and fast. He unfolded at last minute, to keep her from detecting what he was about to do next, as he brought both arms out. Interlocking his fingers, he planned to slam into her, into a double pile-driver, knocking her out quickly, if he was lucky. If not, she was definatelly going to feel it. And he had a backup plan, in case ole prickley pear was still standing after this.


    TAG:GreyJedi125






    ........
    Lazer & NightFall - Hell's Kitchen

    As planned, NightFall & Lazer appeared in the shadows some distance from the distressed SpiderGirl. Her face was taut as it was etched with a grimace of pain, her hair drenched in sweat as were the bandages that covered her arms and midsection. Lazer was nearly moved to tears looking at the injured girl. It didnt even occur to her, that Spidergirl was out of her uniform. All Lazer saw, was someone dearly in need of her skils. Even NightFall, who was normally stonic felt moved looking at the girl clearly in pain.

    Spidergirl looked as if she were about to collapse, and yet still, she kept moving forward. Lazer thought for a moment. She wasnt sure just how safe it was, but she knew that Spidergirl needed help, and quickly. Lazer thought for a moment to simply let NightFal appear below her, and teleport the girl to safety, but that might draw much more attention that they all needed right now. She spoke softly to NightFall for a moment, letting him know her idea. NightFall smiled, and nodded his head. Slowly he fadded out, and became one with his cloak, which gently folded around Lazers shoulders. She pulled the hood up over her head and then moved to step out in front of SpiderGirl, so that she would not startle her.

    "You're hurt. Let me help you, Please...I can heal you." Lazer pleaded softly as she moved close enough for SpiderGirl to recognize. Hopefully, if she didnt see her well enough, she would recognize her voice. "We must hurry, before others come looking thought..." she added, as she gently helf out her hand. A gesture, arms open wide as she dearly wanted to help the girl in front of her. NightFall was watching her back, literally. If things got ugly, she would jump SpiderGirl, and telelport, with NightFall's assistance. But she hoped that they would not need to. SpiderGirl was hurt enought, and didnt need to endure any more injuries.


    Tag: GreyJedi125
  25. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 5, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Alastor


    As the group walked, Alastor observed those with him, most seemed to enjoy their suroundings, the one everyone called Dr. Mc Taggert was infact very joyful, whistling a tune as they went. But it was the look of Professor N'dare that bothered gunslinging mutant. As they reached the Apex of a hill Alastor reached into his bag and produced the main section of his Rifle. Though the weapons was usless when broken down, the scope would function none the less.

    He peered through the Scope, scanning the whole area around them, and he saw nothing out of the way, it was however on his second sweep and closer inspection that he noticed something. It wasn't visible, but when he passed over Mc Taggert's lab, there were several spots where the windage reader on his scope shifted slightly. There was something out there, something he couldn't see just yet, altering the air currents. "I'm guessing this might be more difficult than we thought..." he whispered softly

    TAG: Mc Taggert Team
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.