main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning: Path of Heroes

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by greyjedi125, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Karra
    Xavier Encampment, Morlock Tunnels

As the pair waited, Karra turned to look at Nat. "Soo.. while we're waiting, how did you end up here... if you don't mind me asking?" she asked. Karra noticed that Nat paused for a tiny bit,
    before she finally spoke up.

"It's a bit of a long story." Nat said, though she gave Karra a quick grin to show she didn't mind the question. "The short version is, my missing brother is a mutant and I'm looking for him." Karra gave the girl a slow nod of the head, as she thought about it. "Ahh, I can understand that. Especially now with all of the activity going on. I hope you find him soon. I'm sure he's smart. Will probably hid out, just like we are. If you get lucky, might find him sooner than you think." Karra gave a small wink.

A fleeting memory nudged Karra. She wondered if anyone was looking for her. She was a lot more 'lost' that Nat's brother, that was for sure. Ans as turbulent as times were getting lately, she just hoped that Nat did find her brother quickly. Karra was suddenly missing the starts. With a soft cough, Karra then looked at the list, giving a little thought as to where they should go shopping. She looked over towards Nat.

"Well, I think we should go to some low key shops and the like. Maybe hit a middle class district. Those creeps are probably combing the low rent districts pretty hard. Hopefully, their wont be any scanners or sweeps out there yet. Should try to make this first run quick. The less time we're out there..the less likelyhood of getting a ping on someone's scanners."

Karra gave a long sigh. Yes, she could stand to be out from the tunnels for just a bit.

TAG: DarthXan, greyjedi125

2. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Alastor

Alastor nodded, it would be good to get his stuff back. Most of his ammo, and a few of his weapons where in the truck, Not to mention his cleaning Kit. As everyone started to move back, he grabed his bag and moved with them, and waited.

Tag: GM, team

3. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    IC: Kristin Matthews (Phantom)- Entrance to the Morlock Tunnels

Kristin was stunned at the Guard's response yet she kept her thoughts to herself as she waited patiently. She glanced at the Old Timer took his leave, not taking once more glance at her or the male who was to accompany her and the guard on their escapade to Xavier's camp.

After a moment of silence Kristin to her to-be travel companion and extended a hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Kristin." She let a small, polite smile upturn her lips.

Tag: grey, strader

4. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Jaya Marxx (Raven Hawk)

New York Public Library Annex enroute to Grand Central Station

The young man smiled at Jaya and understood what was left unspoken. His assisstance was not required and his attempts, though friendly, were at the edge possibly being misconstrued as harrasement. With a nod, he turned and returned back to his desk.

Jaya was now free to continue and open the minimized window that contaimed the information she required to make contact with the hidden Xavier's Academy. All she had to do now was get herself to Grand Central Station and find booth T-A27655.

She memorized the info then closed the all the windows, before shutting down the computer. She walked out without causing any attention to herself. She was glad because she had already had a close call with the assisstant. Traffic was heavy as usual as the sound of motors and honking filed the air as well as people cursing one another for cutting in their lanes. Jaya paid no mind and walked with quicken pace till she to Grand Central Station.

She was lucky she wasn't too far from it. She could see the building in the distance as her pace remained steady. When she finally arrived she thought she better not rush just in case. She looked in the directory to see where booth T-A27655. She finally located it and noticed it was further away from the entrance. After a good long ten to fifteen minutes she finally saw the booth that she needed.

TAG: GJ

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Nat Tavoris

Morlock Tunnels

Nat was half-expecting Karra to inquire further, but she just nodded slowly. "Ahh, I can understand that. Especially now with all of the activity going on. I hope you find him soon. I'm sure he's smart. Will probably hid out, just like we are. If you get lucky, might find him sooner than you think." She said the last with a wink.

Nat managed a small, wry smile. I hope so too, she thought. With any luck, he was hiding too - and not in the MCU's tender clutches - no, she wouldn't think of that. Nigel was smart; he'd have hidden out too. Resolutely, Nat shoved that thought down to the back of her mind where it belonged.

Karra coughed softly, looking over the list again. "Well, I think we should go to some low key shops and the like," she began. Nat was glad she'd changed the subject. "Maybe hit a middle class district. Those creeps are probably combing the low rent districts pretty hard. Hopefully, their won't be any scanners or sweeps out there yet. Should try to make this first run quick. The less time we're out there..the less likelihood of getting a ping on someone's scanners."

A good idea, but - "Do you know how the scanners work, exactly?" Nat asked. On the surface it was a stupid question, of course - it spotted mutants - so she hurried on. "I mean, is it like some kind of radar thing, or do they have to point it at you and see if it lights up? Because if it's the latter, we could try for the more populated areas and blend in with the crowd. They might not have thought of scanning everyone that goes to Wal-Mart or something."

TAG: Ktala, greyjedi125

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Proff. Erik Xavier, Nat Tavoris & Karra

Xavier Camp, Morlock Tunnels

"Professor, I'm guessing we're using cash to pay for this stuff?"

Erik chuckled in slight embarrassement at Karra's question. Nothing seemed to get past her. Perhaps that's why Sage insisted that Karra be made part of the Academy's security detail.

"Cash. Right." Erik said after clearing his throat. Any credit cards they used would be a liability.

"I'll be right back." he announced and gave a slight smile before quickly taking his leave. While he was away, Nat and Karra took the opportunity to get to know each other a little bit better as they engaged in conversation.

Only a short moment had passed but it did seem to be longer. As he approached, Xavier coughed lightly to announce his presence.

"*Ahem* Pardon me." he said excusing himself. "That, Ms. Tavoris, is a very good question. I certainly hope we do learn their workings, however, not from personal experience, so please don't take any unnecessary chances. I'm leaving the mission parameters to you both. Just remember to be extra careful."

Erik handed Nat a plain envelope with some cash inside. It didn't look like much, but then again, she had not yet seen the monetary denominations. But before anyone could say a word, the professor looked past Nat and Karra and towards the entrance of the encampment.

"Ah. I see your guide has arrived."

Several meters behind Nat and karra, Devil Dog approached the group casually.

"G'day teach. Ladies."

"Glad you could make it and right on time. Nat, this is 'Devil Dog' one of te Morlock guides assigned to us. He will lead you to the surface."

Devil Dog nodded at Nat as they were introduced, then at Karra whom he'd met earlier.

"Well, I won't keep you any longer." Erik said with a smile, then turned and moved towards Alice.

Devil Dogs regarded both Karra and Nat and nodded before he looked over his shoulder.

"Well Ladies, if you'll please be so kind as to follow me..."

Devil Dog did a slow about face then began to move towards the encampment entrance.

Tag: Karra, Xan

Jata Marxx (RavenHawk)

Grand Central Station, Booth T-A27655

After arriving in Grand Central Station after a bit of a walk in the crowded city streets, Jaya finally made it. The GRand Central Station was even more crowded than the streets. Not a surprise given it's importance and location. What was new at the station was the presence of MCU officers posted in key locations, which Jaya avoided successfully thus far.

Moments later, she found the booth. It seemed deserted. A large sign was placed on the window where an booth attendant would usually be seen. Upon closer inspection, the words could be seen.

It read:

CLOSED FOR REPAIRS

oddly enough, the card swiping machine seemed to be on. Was it on a second ago? or did it just ....

There was no way for Jaya to tell if the card reader had been on a moment ago. The message on the face of the reader scrolled by in bright blue colors.

Please insert card...

The noisy area seemed to grow still around Jaya as the words seemed to blink at her.

Tag: Teegirloo

Buzz

London Streets

Buzz stopped at the edge of the alleyway and waited. He was being followed, there was no doubt about that. But by whom?

The city street sounds seemed almost muffled and far away as Buzz held a neutral pose at the edge of the alleyway. He waited there for a few moments and his patience paid off.

< Konishiwa Buzz-sama. Ogenki deska?>

The figure that stepped into view remained partially hidden in the shadows as it spoke it's greeting in japanese. By the sound of it's voice, it was male. At first glance, the figure seemed to wear some sort of loose fitting combat uniform, but not much detail could be di

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Karra

"Professor, I'm guessing we're using cash to pay for this stuff?" Karra was positively tickled pink as Erik chuckled slightly. She thought to herself, 'Dont tell me it had not crossed his mind?' She knew he had alot on his mind, but she found the thought amusing. She simply grinned from ear to ear as he spoke up.

"Cash. Right." Erik said after clearing his throat. "I'll be right back." he announced and gave a slight smile before quickly taking his leave. Karra and Nat spoke about how Nat had ended up with the Xmen. A missing brother. After a few moments on that subject, Nat brought up a question about the scanners.

"Do you know how the scanners work, exactly?" Nat asked. "I mean, is it like some kind of radar thing, or do they have to point it at you and see if it lights up? Because if it's the latter, we could try for the more populated areas and blend in with the crowd. They might not have thought of scanning everyone that goes to Wal-Mart or something." As Karra gave thought to the question, a light cough announced that the Professor had returned.

"*Ahem* Pardon me." he said excusing himself. "That, Ms. Tavoris, is a very good question. I certainly hope we do learn their workings, however, not from personal experience, so please don't take any unnecessary chances. I'm leaving the mission parameters to you both. Just remember to be extra careful." Karra nodded. "yeah..I've already had to tangle with ONE Sentinal. Its not something I wanna repeat just yet..." she added, as she pulled out a cap, and placed it down on her head, as she tucked her hair up, hiding it.

Erik handed Nat a plain envelope with some cash inside. It didn't look like much, but then again, they had not yet seen the monetary denominations. But before anyone could say a word, the professor looked past Nat and Karra and towards the entrance of the encampment.

"Ah. I see your guide has arrived." Karra tuned, to see Devil Dog approached the group casually. She gave him a huge smile in recognition.

"G'day teach. Ladies." Karra nodded at the dark youth.

"Glad you could make it and right on time. Nat, this is 'Devil Dog' one of the Morlock guides assigned to us. He will lead you to the surface." Devil Dog nodded at Nat as they were introduced, then at Karra whom he'd met earlier.

"Well, I won't keep you any longer." Erik said with a smile, then turned and moved towards Alice. Karra turned to face Devil Dog, as Devil Dogs regarded both Nat and she. He nodded before he looked over his shoulder.

"Well Ladies, if you'll please be so kind as to follow me..." Devil Dog did a slow about face then began to move towards the encampment entrance. Karra moved up quickly, to get closer to him, so that he could hear her. As she did, she activated her second sight. "Nice to see you again, Teufel Hound'.." she said softly, calling him by his true name. She looked over and smiled. "So, which exit are you leading us to today?" she asked. She slowed her step just slightly, so that Nat would not get left behind.

Tag: DarthXan318, Greyjedi

8. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Buzz
    London

Buzz took a step back. He glanced behind the man. To his freedom. He could have it with any number of punches. But, did he want to harm the man? Surely not. However, his thoughts showed the amount of control that Japan had had over him. Buzz clenched a fist. He replied in Japanese.

-The agency was foolish to send one man. Me fleeing the scene of my last crime, was the termination of my contract to Japan. What is it you want?-

Buzz looked up. Power lines. He could be free any minute, but it was worth the wait to find out why the man was following him. If he needed to, he could touch the lines and the shock would stun the man long enough for Buzz to escape.

Tag: Grey

9. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

Morlock Tunnels

The Professor had disappeared while Nat and Karra were chatting, presumably to get cash, but he reappeared in time to catch Nat's question. "Pardon me," he said, coughing lightly to announce his presence. "That, Ms. Tavoris, is a very good question. I certainly hope we do learn their workings, however, not from personal experience, so please don't take any unnecessary chances. I'm leaving the mission parameters to you both. Just remember to be extra careful."

Nat nodded. Xavier handed her a plain envelope with cash inside. It was fairly thin - curious, Nat peeked into the envelope to check how much there actually was. If there was a lot of cash, it would probably be a good idea to split it between her and Karra in case they ran into trouble of the more conventional kind, like pickpockets.

Before she could say anything - or, indeed, count the cash - Xavier glanced over their shoulders. Ah. I see your guide has arrived."

"G'day teach. Ladies," came a voice from behind. Nat turned to see a rather attractive guy with spiky hair approaching them casually. Xavier introduced him as Devil Dog, their Morlock guide - well, rather, he introduced Nat. She gathered that Karra had met him before, an impression which proved correct when she murmured something in his ear as they left.

Devil Dog ... Nat stowed the envelope in her jacket's inner pocket with a thoughtful look on her face. She knew that some mutants shed their 'human' names and took on new ones that described their powers, as well as withdrawing from the rest of human society. The Xavier students and faculty, though, were possibly unique in that they still used their birth names; indeed, it occurred to her that she didn't know Karra's or what her power was for that matter. Suppose I'll find out soon enough.

"So, which exit are you leading us to today?" Karra asked as they walked. Nat, walking beside her, blinked. She hadn't realized there were multiple exits - though of course, once she thought about it, that was obvious. No hideout would have only one entrance... that would be suicide if they were found. She said nothing, though, merely glanced at Devil Dog to catch his reply.

TAG: greyjedi125, Ktala

10. Strader

Strader Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2007
    Daniel grinned in relief, finally, someone who at least seemed normal in a night that had become a whirlwind of strange events and foreboding. He took the proferred hand,The fact that she was also young, attractive and smiling at him helping the ease with which he returned her smile.

"I'm Daniel. Sorry for ,uh, butting in like that but I've been trying to get in contact with the Xavier Institute since the bill was passed." He shook her hand warmly, hefting his bag up onto his shoulder, trying not to appear as bewildered or as frightened as he actually was. "Do you know him? The Proffessor?" He turned as he spoke, moving to follow the slim, black clothed guard as he pushed open another door and looked back at them.

11. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    IC: Kristin Matthews (Phantom) - Entrance to Morlock Tunnels

Her smile brightened as Daniel took her hand a shook it gently, returning her smile with a warm, friendly smile of his own. "I'm Daniel. Sorry for, uh, butting in like that but I've been trying to get in contact with the Xavier Institute since the bill was passed." He hefted his bag onto his shoulder.

Kristin shook her head, "No. It's I who should be sorry. I've been kind of cold. Never know who you can trust these days." Her smile turned down wryly as she picked up her bag that she had set onto the ground upon entering.

"Do you know him? The Professor?" He asked as the guard returned to them and motioned for them to follow him. Kristin turned, following the guard through the door. Once Daniel caught up to her she answered him.

"9 years." She glanced back and caught his gaze. "Known him for 9 years." Turning her gaze back to her path, she continued on, following close behind their tour guide.

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Eagle's Breath

Stretching he prepared for their skip and a jump, a simple pop into a frozen relm floating on an iceberg and then a simple timed by Hawk portal to the entrance. Stretching down he touched his toes, arched back and tapped his nose, "Ready when you are. Just give the word."

TAG: Mansion group

13. Schoolgirl_Bounty

Schoolgirl_Bounty Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2005
    Alice Sota- Tetsuo/Malice

Alice brushed a long strand of white hair behind her shoulder, and waited for Professor Xavier... One thing had weighed heavily on her mind... Why was she here and not out there?

A few possibilities crossed her mind, none of them pleasing to her warrior spirit... She was on watch. Something was inside of her, and they wanted to keep it locked up...

With good reason.

Alice leaned against the wall, and watched the exchange ebtween Xavier and the other students.

TAG- GJ, Anyone

14. Darph_Nader

Darph_Nader Jedi Master star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    OOC: Another midget post...

IC JACK "HAWK" WARNER:

"You remind me of... me."

"I'm afraid to ask why," Jack muttered dryly.

"Well done Hawk. Thanks to you, this might go alot smoother than I imagined."
    Jack nodded his acknowledgement.

Sage informed the group on the plan, and began to mobilize the team. Jack turned to Eagle's Breath. "Get ready, bud - you gotta do this just right."

"Ready when you are. Just give the word."

Jack turned to the mansion, and tried to focus on the walkers. The timing had to be just right...

"Ya ready?" Jack called back to Eagle's Breath.

He followed each movement of the walker, each wobble, each hesitation... They walked down their path, and reached the end, and began to turn around.

"Now."

TAG: Mitth_Fisto

D_N :cool:

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

It wasn't much of a warning, not even a customary subtle wave before the now. But it was simple enough of a one two, for a brief moment they would find themselves embraced in a cold that most of these tenderfoots had likely never experienced unless they went as far north on Earth as the North Pole or White Horse in the dead of winter where the air is too frozen to be said to hold any moisture, before they reverted back into their natural plane just outside the door. Now only if that woman could work as fast as she insuated they would be fine, and even if she couldn't he still would be.

And them too, if they weren't he doubted their boss would give him any help.

TAG: Mansion or Bust!

16. Strader

Strader Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2007

"9 years." She glanced back and caught his gaze. "Known him for 9 years." Turning her gaze back to her path, she continued on, following close behind their tour guide. He paused for a moment, keys jingling for a moment before he pulled open an aged, rusted door, the hinges squeaking monstrously in the enclosed space of the tunnel. He stepped through, the click of an old switch followed a moment later by the hiss and fizzing of aged electronics as the tunnel beyond became lit with a dull, dirty-yellow, electric glow.

"Uh, will he, well, do you know if he'll be able to get me out of the country then?" Daniel ducked through the low doorway as he followed them, noting with a frown the crude splicing of the power line into the maintenance conduit above them. Shoddy workmanship, the junction box they had used was ancient. Up ahead the guard leaned into another tunnel, glancing both ways for a moment before turning and waving them forward once more.

Tag: Jedi_Allegra, GJ

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Oni
    World of Warcraft. Darnasus, Questers secret tavern.

The female night elf accepted the drink sent to her by Oni. She raised the cup and nodded towards her in gratitude before downing the drink. Once she was done, she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and got up. The female night elf walked towards Oni' and Aftermath's table. She slowed down but did not stop, as she looked at Oni and mouthed the words 'thank you', then she looked at Aftermath. Something unspoken seemed to pass between them, but before anything else could transpire, both Aftermath and the night elf female looked behind them and towards the far wall. When Oni's securty registered that something odd had happened, she waited no time. She immediately turned into a whisper, fading to a mere whisp, as she sent ghost. Her security went to top alert.

She tapped a key. The driver was to move the car immediately, leaving the current area. Back in the Tavern...

While others in the bar were reacting to the intrusion, everyone was suddenly startled by a flash of light as suddenly six elves in red coloured costumes appeared inside the tavern, right before them. They had portaled inside the tavern, something that should be almost impossible to do. At least not without help. The government, perhaps?

"BLOOD ELVES!!" Oakenfolk bellowed at the top of his lungs as he drew his two handed Hammer. Three Warrior males, two male rogues and a female mage instantly went into action. In that second, the entire tavern erupted in chaotic melee, as swords, daggers, hammers and spells starting swinging and flying everywhich way possible.

Oni watched for a few mere seconds. Truly, she was a new guest, and had no real reason to help those at the end. But if the red elves were government, or worse, mutant hunters, she had every right to hate them. Simply seeing the object in the orb eariler might have been the cause of it. If that was the case, she wanted more answers, and she would not get them, if they took out everyone in the Inn.

Oni sent out several long shafts of ghostly essence, as she sent out a host hack attck virus, back towards the red elves, in the form of silver tipped arrows. If they wanted a fight, then she was going to give them one they would never forget.

Tag: Greyjedi

Professor N'dare
    Dublin, Ireland. Outside of Mc Taggert's Lab

Animan had suddenly transformed into an avian and flown into the air. John cursed under his breath. "I didn't give him the order to do that. If we cannot act as a team we might as well abort the mission!" John muttered heatedly. N'dare simply nodde.

"Once we get inside, we can contact Sage's Team and ask then to retrieve your scopes and other needed items, if at all possible." John said over his shoulder to Alastor as he stepped closer towards N'dare. "We have uninvited guests waiting for us it seems." N'dare confirmed before John could even ask the question.

"If at all possible, I rather us get into the lab without alerting anyone of our presence. If I call up any weather right now, being that the weather here is clear, I think it will alert them." John nodded in complete agreement and understanding. N'dare then turned, and looked towards the Magician. "Can you get us inside the lab without being seen?" he asked him.

"That depends..." Robert answered at once.

N'dare then turned to Dr. McTaggert.

"And can we get in, without your alarm system giving us away?"

Kincaid looked at from N'dare to Robert and instantly understood what N'dare was getting at. The idea was simple and quite practical, given the powers available at the moment.

"Yes, yes...I think I see what you mean."

John's irises suddenly began to glow. "They're hard to make out against the ambient background temperature, but there's enough difference to perceive these things through the infra red spectrum. I see the six circling sphere's you mentioned N'dare. They don't seem to be reacting to us yet, and as you su

18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Devil Dog, Karra & Nat

Morlock Tunnels

Devil Dog gave Karra a friendly wink when she had called him by his 'true name'. "How's yer friend' doin?" he inquired quietly just as Karra asked him a question.

"So, which exit are you leading us to today?" she asked. Devil Dog noticed karra slowing her step so Nat could catch up to them. falling in stride, Devil Dog slowed his pace as well. They were in no rush after all.

Devil Dog chuckled at the question.

"Almost sounds like you been 'round these parts before..." he said half joking.

"I'm thinking dry today. There was a night time shower last night, so that's bound to affect some of the passageways. Hope you ladies don't mind climbin' stairs, but if one of ya'll gets tired, I can carry ya on my back. No problem."

Devil Dog nodded at karra, remembering how she had carried her friend all the way without complaint from the surface. Then he looked over at Nat and graced her with a sideways smile.

The trio exited Xavier's camp and suddenly found themselves in the darkened tunnels. The emergency lights were the only illumination, but Devil Dog moved with absolute confidence and familiarity. After moving through several passages in a north-easterly direction, they finally came to a wall and the first 'ladder'. The rungs were imbedded directly into the wall face, and from the looks of it, they'd have to climb at least 20 meters. It was difficult to see where the rungs ended due to the darkness. Devil Dog looked back over his shoulder.

"I can take point or the rear, whichever you want. And don't worry, there are rest stops along the way.." he said with a chuckle.

"Besides, further up we'll come to some real stairs. It's easy. You'll be topside in no time."

Tag: Ktala, Xan

Daniel & Kristin

Morlock Tunnels

The smaller of the two guards, who happened to be named Dash, took point and guided both Daniel and Kristin through the maze like tunnels. The journey, though a bit winding, seemed to progress without incident. daniel and kristin followed some distance behind. The two young mutants were engaged in casual conversation, so it was unlikely that they notice moment's when dash would seem to vanish, then reapear. It usually happened between blinks of an eye, so it was not likely that they would see it.

"Where almost there..." the guard said. "We just need to reach that bridge over there and get to our territory before..."

A crackling sound made Dash turn around suddenly. The two youngsters were infront of him.

"Well, well....what have we here? Lost are we?"

The figure who jumped down from a ledge was that of a well muscled man with a cruel smile. In addition to the arcs of electricity surging around his body, he wore a chainmail shirt and dark coloured pants with boots.

"Megawatt!!" Their guide exclaimed with a snarl.

The dark man's hands began to sizzle with the growing concentration of electricity before he unleashed it on the trio!

Tag:Strader, Allegra

Sage Team

Xavier mansion

On Hawk's mark, Eagle's Breath worked his magic. Sage cursed inwardly as the portal took them through a frozen plane. Sage would have to talk to Eagle's Breath once she was able to get his undevided attention.

Despite the momentary cold, the Ancient One was good on his promise. He delivered the group right on the spot they needed to be. The shimmer of the protective field around the mansion was merely a meter infront of them, and to either side, the tripods were facing away from them.

The timing could not have been better.

"The third Oracle has one hundred eyes." Sage said at once.

["Password accepted. Welcome Sage."] Jocasta's familiar voice was heard. At that moment, a hexagonal section of the protective shield flickered and vanished momentarily, beyond it, the backdoor

19. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    *channels inner teenager* :D

Morlock Tunnels

Devil Dog chuckled at the question. "Almost sounds like you been 'round these parts before..." he said. "I'm thinking dry today. There was a night time shower last night, so that's bound to affect some of the passageways. Hope you ladies don't mind climbin' stairs, but if one of ya'll gets tired, I can carry ya on my back. No problem."

Devil Dog nodded at Karra and looked over at Nat with a sideways smile, as if to say the suggestion was kindly meant. Nat gave him a challenging half-smile back. Just because she was a girl didn't mean she was weak and needed to be carried... she'd been beating the boys at sports for years. Some stairs would be no problem. He'd see.

The trio exited Xavier's camp and suddenly found themselves in dark tunnels with only emergency lights for illumination. Nat's steps slowed slightly as her eyes adjusted, but Devil Dog was still moving with absolute confidence and familiarity so she merely she stuffed her hands in her jacket pockets and continued following without complaint. For a while, the trio's footsteps were the only sound to be heard.

Some time later, they came to a ladder of sorts. Devil Dog looked back over his shoulder. "I can take point or the rear, whichever you want. And don't worry, there are rest stops along the way." he said with a chuckle.

Nat regarded it doubtfully. Its rungs were embedded directly into the wall and when she peered up it, all she could tell was that it disappeared into the darkness some twenty meters up. Not quite what she'd consider stairs.

"Besides, further up we'll come to some real stairs." he added, as if reading Nat's mind. "It's easy. You'll be topside in no time."

"I'll go first," Nat volunteered before her brain caught up with her mouth and suggested that she was nuts for going first into the gloom. Besides, that rational part of her mind continued, in case of trouble someone with powers probably ought to go first. She shoved the offending thought aside. It was only a ladder, they were still in Morlock territory, how hard could it be? Nat stepped closer to the ladder and prepared to go up.

TAG: Ktala, greyjedi

20. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Alastor

When the go sign was given Alastor carefully slung his bag onto his back and secured it. He then pulled out his guns, to give Cover as needed, leaving it to someone else to make the physical contact. Alastor held his guns to his side, aimed down fingers on the triggers. He, oddly enough, kept his eyes closed throughout this whole time. He felt the slight disorientation as the moved from the hill to inside the lab.

"Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert! a obviously automated female voice resounded. But Alastor's eye didn't open, and his guns didn't take aim in any direction. His breathing remained even, in through his nose, out through his mouth. Then Suddenly in a single blured motion his left gun raised and aimed at the ceiling, moments before the strange telescoping device dropped from within the ceiling.

"WAIT!! I got it! I got it!" McTaggart yelled. Alastor's gun remained aimed at the device however until it had fully retreated into the ceiling. Then, with a spin more careful than of dramatic flair he returned both his guns to their holsters. He then took on long breath, held it for a moment, and Exhailed it over a long moment. "I.Despise.Turrets." he said calmly. "They can't make careful decesions like humans, they shoot first, ask questions never."

Tag: McTaggert Team

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Once inside he nodded with a wide smile to Jocasta, and a curt responsive nod to Sage's urge to hop to work. "As your giving orders of work detail, one might want to change the password. Amazing what one can do with wire, circuits, and plastic reverberators." He hoped she wouldn't need it more spelled out for her, the tripods where large enough that a small accurate recorder could be self contained.

TAG: Sage Mansion group

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Alice Sota (Tetsuo/ Malice) & Erik Xavier

Erik smiled as he approached Alice and could not help but notice the unpsoken language of her posture as she leaned against the wall.

"Thank you for your patience..." Erik said with a nod of his head. " I do appreciate it. So, you wanted to speak with me?"

Professor Xavier motioned for Alice to follow him some distance away from the main gathering so they could not only hear each other better, but have a modicum of privacy.

"You now have my undivided attention. How can I be of help?" Erik inquired graciously.

Tag: SGB

Mc Taggert Team

Dublin, Ireland

Dr. Kincaid Mc Taggert watched with astonishment as Alastor holstered his weapons and then let out a long sigh.

"I.Despise.Turrets." Alastor said calmly. "They can't make careful decesions like humans, they shoot first, ask questions never."

"You were actually going to shoot weren't you?" Kincaid asked incredulously.

John chuckled and quickly turned around to come to Alastor's defense.

"I did tell him to cover us, remember...?"

Mc Taggert shook his head.

"You have NO IDEA the kind of counter-measures I have against guns."

Before anyone else could say a word, John interjected.

"Not to worry, everything turned out fine, relax."

John gave a friendly pat to Kincaid, who nodded in agreement.

"Good. So, are we ready to do this?" John said nodding as he looked at everyone.

"Ok, then. Kincaid here will lead N'dare and Alastor to the main lab and set them up there. I'll see what I can do with the communications array. I'll probably be needing some assistance..." John said, giving both N'dare and Mc taggert a peculiar look. "Naloth and Erin, I'll need you in the monitor room. You do have a monitor room, right kincaid?"

"Yes." Kincaid answered with little humor.

"Excellent. Animan and Robert, you're with me."

Tag: Icey, Ktala, Jerdu, Rilwen, Krayt

Sage Team

Xavier mansion

Sage turned around with deliberate slowness and faced Eagles's Breath.

"Ancient One..." she began, trying to sound as respectful as possible. "It is true that you are much older than us and thus much more experienced, but please remember that we are NOT amateurs. Should anyone repeat that password again, even if they should sound like me....we'll let's just say they would be in for a nasty surprise if they were in fact, not me."

Sage gave a tolerant smile, then turned to the rest of the team.

"The first order of business is getting us down to the sub-levels. Jocasta says it's safe to use the lift. Hawk and Naomi, you two got security detail in the control room. Let's kep an eye on our unwanted guests shall we? Shadow spite, I need you to check out every room. You know what I'm looking for. Eagle's Breath and Six, proceed to the Communication's Center. We should be expecting a call from Mc Taggert's Team at any moment."

Sage paused as her gaze fell on Wind Weapon.

"You an I are going to the Cerebro Chamber..."

There was something in the way Sage said that.

Not one to waste time being idle, Sage clapped her hands twice to convey a sense of urgency. "Let's go people. We have much to accomplish today."

Tag: Mitth_Fisto, Darph_Nader, Leia_Hair, chanbill, GSF

OOC: More on it's way, please forgive typos. It's late.

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Karra
    Morlock Tunnels

Devil Dog gave Karra a friendly wink when she had called him by his 'true name'. "How's yer friend' doin?" he inquired quietly just as Karra asked him a question. She answered back softly. "Doing much better. Thanks." She then asked in a normal voice. "So, which exit are you leading us to today?"

Devil Dog chuckled at the question.

"Almost sounds like you been 'round these parts before..." he said half joking. Karra laughed softly.

Some time later, they came to a ladder of sorts. Devil Dog looked back over his shoulder. "I can take point or the rear, whichever you want. And don't worry, there are rest stops along the way." he said with a chuckle.

"I'm thinking dry today. There was a night time shower last night, so that's bound to affect some of the passageways. Hope you ladies don't mind climbin' stairs, but if one of ya'll gets tired, I can carry ya on my back. No problem."

Devil Dog nodded at Karra, then he looked over at Nat and graced her with a sideways smile. Karra simply grinned back in response. The trio exited Xavier's camp and suddenly found themselves in the darkened tunnels. The emergency lights were the only illumination, but Devil Dog moved with absolute confidence and familiarity. Karra kept her eyes on Nat, and used her second sight to help guide her along. After moving through several passages in a north-easterly direction, they finally came to a wall and the first 'ladder'. The rungs were imbedded directly into the wall face, and from the looks of it, they'd have to climb at least 20 meters. It was difficult to see where the rungs ended due to the darkness. Devil Dog looked back over his shoulder.

"I can take point or the rear, whichever you want. And don't worry, there are rest stops along the way.." he said with a chuckle. "Besides, further up we'll come to some real stairs. It's easy. You'll be topside in no time." Nat regarded it doubtfully. Its rungs were embedded directly into the wall and when she peered up it, all she could tell was that it disappeared into the darkness some twenty meters up.
    ["Besides, further up we'll come to some real stairs."[/i] he added, as if reading Nat's mind. "It's easy. You'll be topside in no time."

"I'll go first," Nat volunteered Nat stepped closer to the ladder and prepared to go up. Karra shot a look towards Treful Hound, and then shrugged her shoulders. "Guess it wouldnt hurt for alittle bit." She looked over at Devil Dog. " You take the rear. I think I'll take Far point....and make sure the way is clear..."

With a wink, Karra gently floated up, and hovered for a bit, before she shot upwards, following the ladder. She flew up to a certain rung, and then stopped. She didnt want to go too far ahead, and she wanted to keep an eye on Nat..after all, she was her bodyguard.

Tag: Xan, greyjedi

24. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

Morlock Tunnels

Karra shot a look towards Devil Dog and shrugged. "Guess it wouldn't hurt for a little bit." Nat rolled her eyes. Did they think she was helpless or something? "You take the rear," Karra continued, looking over at their guide. "I think I'll take Far point....and make sure the way is clear..." With that and a wink, Karra floated to the ladder. Nat let out a startled laugh as Karra suddenly rocketed up past her. I guess that's what her power is.

Without further hesitation, Nat started up the ladder, confident that Devil Dog would be right behind her.

TAG: greyjedi, Ktala

25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Listening to Sage he gave a noncommital shrug and an "ehh", maybe he'ld up her to a pretrial adolescent. Yeah, that would fit her better in mentallity, not quiet defiante of elders lest being punished and a bit haughty with what knowledge she did have. Eventually she'ld mature, propably not until after having a couple of kids of her own to raise from the womb up though.

Turning to Six he nodded, "Shall you or shall I be the hound on the trip to Comm?". Whoever led the way it would most likely be a dull adventure.

TAG: Six, Sage Mansion Group

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.