main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning: Path of Heroes

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by greyjedi125, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strader

Strader Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2007
    Electricity, conductivity, insulation, path of least resistence, faraday cage, the thoughts followed eachother without conscious effort, innate understanding of the physical forces at work guiding them. Daniel barely even aware that his mind had processed the threat before he had reacted to it. As soon as the electrical build up tingled through his skin his thoughts were already a whirl of facts about the composition of the tunnels around him. Mostly brick, concrete, ancient, useless. Then a foot through the wall, to their right he could feel the new tunnels that had been dug, these reinforced with steel bars and it was those he called unconsciously to his aid.

The air hissed and sizzled with the charge as the newcomer thrust out his hands, the lightbulbs above bursting in lurid, brilliant sparks to illuminate the moment of suspended action. Dash, throwing up his hands to ward off the blast, Kristin with her own actions to perform and Daniel, his face fixed in an expression of strange detattchment as he slammed his palm into the wall, the stones yielding and melting beneath his hand in the same instant that from the joins in the old stonework a mesh of steel sprang forward. The strands moved like living things, twirling and weaving into, around and across eachother like a web, flashing across the gap in the moment it took the building electrical charge to manifest as the bolt that streked towards them. It seared into the mesh swirled, flowed around it, seemed destined to overcome it and then seemed to dissipate harmlessly as it was earthed in the walls.

Daniel fell backwards to land on the ground with a startled cry as thought took over where instinct left off, his eyes wide with fear, more shocked at his own reaction than the sudden attack. He stared, unseeing in the darkness, at the mesh he had created in dumb incomprehension for a moment before he realised his powers had been smarter than him and had just saved his nervous system from being fried by the electrical discharge. The primitive electrical system that had lit their way however had not fared so well and as the tunnel was plunged into darkness and the stone in the walls hissed and spat as it cooled he felt panic rising in him. He had never so much as been in a fist fight in his civilised life of education and now here he was in a pitch black tunnel with a man who evidently wanted to kill him.

"Kristen?" He called in desperation, trying to scramble to his feet while at the same time groping for the girl's hand, for anything that would give him direction in his sudden terror.

Tag: GJ, Jedi_Allegra

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Professor N'dare with Professor McTaggert's Team
    Dublin, Ireland

There was a flash of light, then a briefest moment of displacement, replaced by a vague feeling of disorientation. N'dare froze, but his fingertips were on the controls in case McTaggert could not stop his toys in time.

"Professor Mc Taggert..." heard the urgency in Robert's voice as the yong man shook him slighty. "Intruder Alert, Intruder Alert!" a mature woman's computerized voice filled the chamber. "Initiating automated defense response." N'dare hoped that the objects outside could not here the noise.

The sound of whirring mechanisms came from behind the walls surrounding them, followed by sliding panels.

"Professor..Hurry up!" Robert urged. Kincaid fumbled with a device he carried in his pocket as he swore under his breath. "If you don't stop those defenses, I'm slagging your walls!" John warned.

A strange telescoping device dropped from within the ceiling a few meters away and turned, pointing in their direction. Before anyone could react, Professor Mc Taggert yelled out.

"WAIT!! I got it! I got it!"

Alastor's gun remained aimed at the device however until it had fully retreated into the ceiling. Then, with a spin more careful than of dramatic flair he returned both his guns to their holsters. He then took on long breath, held it for a moment, and Exhailed it over a long moment.

"I.Despise.Turrets." he said calmly. "They can't make careful decesions like humans, they shoot first, ask questions never." N'dare didnt say anything, but he could think of a few beings that fit that category as well. Kincaid Mc Taggert watched with astonishment as Alastor holstered his weapons and then let out a long sigh.

"You were actually going to shoot weren't you?" Kincaid asked incredulously. John chuckled and quickly turned around to come to Alastor's defense. "I did tell him to cover us, remember...?" Mc Taggert shook his head. "You have NO IDEA the kind of counter-measures I have against guns."

Before anyone else could say a word, John interjected. "Not to worry, everything turned out fine, relax."

Kincaid let out a very long breath. John and Robert followed suit. N'dare dropped his head, and chuckled softly.

"I think I felt myself age..." Robert exclaimed as he attempted a bit of humor. "Talk for yourself!" John said over his shoulder with a chuckle. A moment later, all three men began to laugh from relief.

"Hey, N'dare...guess we made it without a scratch this time. You brought us good luck." John walked over and patted N'dare on the back. "Always glad to be of service." he responded back, bringing his arms back down. He then began to scan the area around them, as he waited for the others to catch their breaths.

John gave a friendly pat to Kincaid, who nodded in agreement. "Good. So, are we ready to do this?" John said nodding as he looked at everyone.

"Ok, then. Kincaid here will lead N'dare and Alastor to the main lab and set them up there. I'll see what I can do with the communications array. I'll probably be needing some assistance..." John said, giving both N'dare and Mc taggert a peculiar look. "Naloth and Erin, I'll need you in the monitor room. You do have a monitor room, right kincaid?" "Yes." Kincaid answered with little humor. "Excellent. Animan and Robert, you're with me."

"WAIT!"

N'dare looked up towards McTaggart. "McTaggart. Are there any OTHER fail safes, or backup security devices we need to be aware of, before we move from this spot. Or did you deactivate ALL of them?" he asked him in a quiet voice. He didnt want the team to start moving around, and suddenly getting attacked by other devices. He also wondered, and hopped it only deactivated the inside alarms, and not the outside ones. He did not want any unwanted guests sneaking up on them as well.

Tag: Icery, Jerdu, Krayt, Rilwen, greyjedi

3. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Alastor

Alastor remained quiet, if McTaggert had defenses against guns, that was fine. He'd been in areas that had them before, they generally didn't defend to well against HEAP rounds, like he had in his guns. He closed his eyes again and placed his hands in his pockets. He was in for a long day and he could feel it. He just wanted something to take his mind of the rest of the world. Then again, everyone with him probably did.

Tag: GM, team

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Devil Dog, Karra & Nat

Morlock Tunnels

"You take the rear. I think I'll take Far point....and make sure the way is clear..."

Devil Dog gave a long whistle as Karra shot upwards, but noticed that she did not disappear from sight. He gave a small nod at that.

As they drew close to the first landing at the end of their 20 meter climb, Devil Dog looked over his left shoulder then peered into the darkness. He then sniffed the air.

ozone.

His eyes grew wide when he saw a quick flash of light. So he DID see a strobe just a second ago. Devil Dog made a sound in his throat that sounded almost like a growl. What the frak is going on over ther?; then he looked up.

"Ok, ladies....we have less than five meters to go. Time to get a move on." Devil Dogs voice was calm, yet somewhat stern. It took the trio less than two minutes to reach the top.

Devil Dog's expression was one of displeasure as he looked into the distant darkness across from their location. There was another strobe of light and the smell of ozone persisted. Whatever was causing it was just over fifty meters away.

"I think I hear voices..." Devil Dog said without looking back.

"Someone's in trouble."

Tag: Ktala, Xan

Mc Taggert's Team

Mc Taggert's lab, Dublin Ireland

"WAIT!"

N'dare looked up towards McTaggart. "McTaggart. Are there any OTHER fail safes, or backup security devices we need to be aware of, before we move from this spot. Or did you deactivate ALL of them?" he asked him in a quiet voice. He didn't want the team to start moving around, and suddenly getting attacked by other devices. He also wondered, and hoped it only deactivated the inside alarms, and not the outside ones. He did not want any unwanted guests sneaking up on them as well.

Kincaid froze in his tracks and looked at N'dare. His eyes did a low roll as he thought about what N'dare had said.

"Oh, pfft! Absent minded me!"

Mc Taggert looked down and tried to conceal the fact that he was turning a bright shade of red as he keyed several sequences on the control device he now held.

There was an audible beep of confirmation before he raised his head.

["All internal intrusion counter-measures have been succesfully deactivated. Welcome Professor."]

"Uhm....Thanks Moira." KIncaid said sheepishly.

"It's safe now..." he mumbled to N'dare and quickly walked past the dark man, then waved for those assigned to go with him to follow.

Kincaid didn't speak much as they walked. Now and then he would remeber to point and objects of interest and make conversation. After a short walk, the small group came before a large metallic door. There was an electronic card reader at the right of the door. It wasplaced at shoulder level. Dr. Mc Taggert reached into his pocket and swiped a card with easy familiarity. The light on the card reader turned from red yo yellow to green before the massive door slowly lowered itself into the ground and opened.

"And this...." Dr. Mc taggert said turning around, his light mood returning. " ....Is my Lab where I do all my work."

Kincaid wore a proud smile as he spread his arms like a teenager showing off his new Sports Utility Vehicle. "Please, come in and make yourselves at home.." he said stepping aside to allow Alastor and N'dare entrance.

This part of Mc Taggert's Lab was adequately spacious for one scientist to work comfortably. It was not really spaced out for three people, but they would have to manage. As it was, the left wall had several monitoring stations, while the main computer occupied the north wall. The rest of the room had three large working tables and one decent sized engineering area on the right side of the floor.

Kincaid entered the room, but did not close the massive door behind him. He smiled at his two guests and said; "So, what do you think?"

Tag: Ktala, Icey

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Nat Tavoris

Morlock Tunnels

A few metres up, Nat came to the conclusion that this wasn't as easy she'd thought it would be. Not that she'd admit it to the other two, of course - but there was something claustrophobic about climbing a ladder into the darkness, about not knowing what lay ahead. Nat was no stranger to hiding in unsavoury places, but always she'd known how to get out. The rungs were also not particularly easy to climb - time and use had worn them smooth, leaving Nat constantly worried that she'd lose her grip.

Suddenly, there was a quick flash of light. Nat frowned in puzzlement, glancing around - and promptly lost her rhythm as her foot slipped off the rung. Oh, get a grip, Nat mentally scolded herself. Now was not the time to fall.

"Ok, ladies....we have less than five meters to go. Time to get a move on," Devil Dog's calm voice floated up from underneath her. Nat blinked and shook her head, glad that the darkness masked that motion, and continued climbing. Must have been my imagination.

A couple of minutes later, they were on the landing as promised. Suddenly there was that flash of light again, and a faint smell of something in the air. Certain now it was real, Nat looked over at Karra and Devil Dog. Karra didn't look like she knew any more than Nat did, but their guide was staring into the darkness with a displeased expression on his face -

"I think I hear voices..." Devil Dog said without turning. "Someone's in trouble."

"Should we go have a look?" Nat asked cautiously. It wasn't their problem, not really - she and Karra were tasked with getting supplies from the surface - but unless she was mistaken this was still Morlock territory. Devil Dog might want to investigate.

TAG: Ktala, greyjedi

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Karra
    Morlock Tunnels

As Karra have gone ahead, and was floating close by, with her other sight, it was not hard to notice a quick flash of light. She frowned. She then looked down towards the other two.

She heard Devil Dog growl, just as she noticed that Nat slipped slightly. Karra wished she could make it a bit brighter, but to do so, would make them a target. Something Karra rather avoid right now. She heard Devil Dog call out.

"Ok, ladies....we have less than five meters to go. Time to get a move on." Devil Dogs voice was calm, yet somewhat stern. It took the trio less than two minutes to reach the top.

There was another strobe of light and the smell of ozone persisted. Whatever was causing it was just over fifty meters away. "I think I hear voices ..." Devil Dog said without looking back. "Someone's in trouble."

Karra floated down, to hear Nat ask, "Should we go have a look?" Karra looked over at Nat. "You need to stay on our task. If it is trouble, its got to deal with mutants..not something you wanna just jump into." Karra then floated closer to Devil Dog.

"Hound...I can see whats going on." she whispered to him softly. She then very carefully described exactally what it was she was seeing. One mutant was attacking a group.

It didnt look like something the Morlocks would be doing. If any of them belonged to Xavier, she coudlnt let it go on. Karra looked at Nat. "Stay here, near the exit. I think I'm going to ... introduce myself." She gave a wide smile.

With that, Karra took off, staying within the darkness, as she used her sight to home in on the others. When she got close, she planted a Force field, stopping the person throwing all the light from attacking the others. Landing nearby, she then spoke out.

"You guys okay?" she asked the group that was getting attacked.

Tag: DarthXan, Strader, Allegra, Greyjedi

7. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Erin Mathews

Erin, before all these 'adventures', had never felt so helpless. Every second thing she came across these days seemed to be mechanical, and therefore immune to her gifts. Giant robot things, automated building defenses...What happened to security guards I could just inspire pity in until they let me past?

"Ok, then. Kincaid here will lead N'dare and Alastor to the main lab and set them up there. I'll see what I can do with the communications array. I'll probably be needing some assistance... Naloth and Erin, I'll need you in the monitor room. You do have a monitor room, right kincaid?"

Erin nodded when informed where she'd be going.

"Excellent. Animan and Robert, you're with me."

She looked briefly at Animan, the impetuous one who'd turned into a bird earlier, then turned her attention back to John.

Tag: Greyjedi, others

8. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

Morlock Tunnels

Nat scowled at Karra's back as she sped off into the tunnels after conversing softly with Devil Dog. Stay here - keep your mind on their task - you don't want to jump into mutant trouble - she'd been neck-deep in 'mutant trouble' for months now. Anyway, what was Karra doing, then? This was as much her task as it was Nat's, yet there she was, going off to 'introduce' herself to whoever or whatever was attacking ... someone. She hadn't caught all of what Karra said, but she had caught that much.

It didn't help that Nat knew perfectly well why she had to stay behind: in a fight, she was a liability. She could defend herself against normal, human threats quite easily, but mutants ... mutants were something else. That didn't make her feel any better about it. That didn't mean she liked it. It made her feel helpless, like she was no more than a child.

Frustrated and moody, but determined not to say anything, Nat scuffed her sneakers against the wall. With effort, she schooled her expression back to careful neutrality. She'd have to content herself with waiting until Karra got back... then they could get a move on.

TAG: greyjedi125, Ktala

Ah, Teen Angst?. [face_mischief]

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Professor N'dare, with Mc Taggert's Team

N'dare looked up towards McTaggart. "McTaggart. Are there any OTHER fail safes, or backup security devices we need to be aware of, before we move from this spot. Or did you deactivate ALL of them?" he asked him in a quiet voice. He didn't want the team to start moving around, and suddenly getting attacked by other devices. He almost felt sorry as soon as he had asked the question, as Kincaid froze in his tracks and looked at N'dare.

"Oh, pfft! Absent minded me!" Mc Taggert looked down and tried to conceal the fact that he was turning a bright shade of red as he keyed several sequences on the control device he now held. N'dare held back a sigh. Taggert was a brillant man...but tended to be a bit absent minded. He kept his face neutral as he heard an audible beep.

["All internal intrusion counter-measures have been succesfully deactivated. Welcome Professor."]

"Uhm....Thanks Moira." KIncaid said sheepishly. "It's safe now..." he mumbled to N'dare and quickly walked past him, then waved for those assigned to go with him to follow.

N'dare didnt wish to embrasse McTaggert, but he didnt want any of the team hurt either. With a sigh, he followed behind, quietly looking about as they walked. Kincaid was very quiet, during the walk to his lab. Finally, they reached his lab. He swiped a card, opening the door.

"And this...." Dr. Mc taggert said turning around, his light mood returning. " ....Is my Lab where I do all my work."

Kincaid wore a proud smile as he spread his arms like a teenager showing off his new Sports Utility Vehicle. "Please, come in and make yourselves at home.." he said stepping aside to allow Alastor and N'dare entrance.

N'dare was not going to say anything that made the doc uncomfortable, so N'dare walked in, looking around with a wide smile, as if he had just walked into the most grandest lab in his life. He quickly took stock of what items were available. It was going to be a tight fit, but it would work.

N'dare looked at the main computer console. Kincaid entered the room, but did not close the massive door behind him. He smiled at his two guests and said; "So, what do you think?" N'dare was quick to reply. "It's quite a place you have here, Dr. McTaggert. We should be able to accomplish what we need, in no time."

Tag: Greyjedi, Icey [/i]

10. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006

"Its alot Cleaner than I'm used to..." He said quietly. "I'm used to working in Garages, Hotels, and the bed of a Ford Truck..." He wasn't quiet used to working in well equiped places, but it would make working alot easier. "With the Equipment here... I could probably build an inpromptu tank... so yeah it will certainly do the job."

Tag: GJ, Ktala

11. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    OOC: I'm coming up with a post. My computer has been acting up. I'll try to have it up by tomorrow. ;)

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Mc Taggert's Team

Mc Taggert, N'dare & Alastor

"Alright..." Mc Taggert said as he sat down at the main computer. "Turning on stations 1, 2 and 3." All three tables came to 'life' as he ended the sentence. All the devices and scanners showed green lights as their respective monitors came on.

"N'dare, it would be an honor if you take station one. I'll take two so I can better assisst you both from the middle. Alastor, station three is all yours. Do whatever you need to do with it. I don't mind if you recalibrate the setting to some of the equipment. That's what they are for."

For the next hour or so, Dr. Mc Taggert helped his contemporaries prepare for their work within his lab.

Tag: Icey, Ktala (Feel free to set yourselves up if you want. I'll work off that.) ;)

Meanwhile...

Erin & Naloth

The two mutants found the monitor room easy enough. The room was not very big, though it could fit tow chairs somewhat cramped. There was only one chair at present, but three different set of monitors. Front and on each side. Left anf Right. Each set was comprised of six screens. After getting a second chair and acquiring the system password from Kincaid, Erin and Naloth were free to acquaint themselves with the instruments. The left side set of monitors pertained to the external cameras, while the right side governed internal security. The front screens could access all. It was an easy enough system to learn if one had the aptitude for it.

At the moment, the monitors showed nothing questionable, either inside or out as it were. Still, there was no need to take chances, especially since they knew what was waiting for them outside.

Rilwen, Krayt

John Storm II, Animan & Robert

John smiled when the trio reached the communications room door. Witha casual movement, the blonde man swiped the keycard and heard the desired welcoming beep. "At last. Music to my ears!"

John led Animan and Robert to a dimly lit room. It was not very big, which was no surprise since Kincaid ran the whole show by himself. John immediately went to the console before them, sat in the lone swiveling chair, donned the headset and began fiddling with the instruments. Before long, several monitors were on.

"Woah, woah! there's a lot of comm-traffic here. What channel is this thing on anyway?"

Robert chuckled softly at John, knowing he would now attempt to reach the Xavier Mansion. After a moment, he then turned to Animan, since he couldn't do much to help Professor Storm anyway.

"So, can yu morph into an 'oompah Loompah'?" He asked jokingly.

Tag: Jerdu

13. Jedi_Allegra

Apr 10, 2003
    Kristin Matthews (Phantom) - Morlock Tunnels

Kristin stepped through the door that Daniel held open, her eyes squinting as they adjusted to the poor lighting. "Uh, will he, well, do you know if he'll be able to get me out of the country then?" Daniel asked as ducked through another huge door.

Knowing Xavier meant a lot of things. Knowing whether or not he could get Daniel out of the country or not, was something she didn't know. Shaking her head, her chocolate curls bouncing softly against her back she stated as she followed behind him, "I'm not sure. That's something he'll have to tell you."

Glancing back Kristin noticed they had come fairly far in a maze of confusing twists and turns. She met Daniel's gaze as she also noticed she had walked on past him a few paces back, her lips upturned into a sweet smile. Doing a double take Kristin looked around quickly for their guard, in sudden panic that they had lost him. In her uncertainty her foot caught on a small stone and she fell forward into the dirt. Cursing inwardly as she automatically tried to phase and failed in the attempt.

Getting up she dusted herself off, continuing to follow as Dash announced their status, "Where almost there..."the guard said. "We just need to reach that bridge over there and get to our territory before..."

Kristin noticed the drop in the man's tone and looked up to find what the man was so tense about. The figure that had jumped down from a ledge was that of a well muscled man with a cruel smile. In addition to the arcs of electricity surging around his body, he wore a chainmail shirt and dark coloured pants with boots.

"Megawatt!!" Their guide exclaimed with a snarl.

The dark man's hands began to sizzle with the growing concentration of electricity before he unleashed it on the trio! The air hissed and sizzled with the charge as the newcomer thrust out his hands, the light bulbs above bursting in lurid, brilliant sparks to illuminate the moment of suspended action. Dash, throwing up his hands to ward off the blast, left Kristin to find another way to help protect herself. Nothing she could do would help and she knew full well she would not be able to phase through the ground.

As the blast hit her she screamed, her petite frame fell backwards and she hit the floor, her body feeling like a living Christmas Tree. Kristin couldn't see a thing the lights having gone out with the blast. She sat motionless for a few moments her pulse racing, her heart pounding heavily within her chest. Her hand trailed along the floor as what had attacked seemed to stop.

"Kristin?" A familiar voice called in desperation through the dark.

Daniel?! she was relieved yet still very frightened and her voice shook uncontrollably. Her hand came into contact with a smooth yet dirt covered hand. Her voice jumped in excitement. "Daniel?" She waited for a response terror coursing through her shocked frame.

Unable to comprehend what had happened fully Kristin's thoughts stopped in their tracks as she heard another familiar voice, yet she couldn't place a face within her mind's eye. "You guys okay?"

"I think so." The young woman called through the darkness.

Tag: Ktala, grey, Strader.

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Professor N'dare
    Mc Taggert's Team - Mc Taggert's lab, Dublin Ireland

As N'dare commented, Alastor also chimed in. "Its alot Cleaner than I'm used to..." He said quietly. "I'm used to working in Garages, Hotels, and the bed of a Ford Truck..."

N'dare gave a quick grin. "With the Equipment here... I could probably build an inpromptu tank... so yeah it will certainly do the job." Alastor stated, as N'dare simply shook his head.

"Alright..." Mc Taggert said as he sat down at the main computer. "Turning on stations 1, 2 and 3." All three tables came to 'life' as he ended the sentence. All the devices and scanners showed green lights as their respective monitors came on.

"N'dare, it would be an honor if you take station one. I'll take two so I can better assisst you both from the middle. Alastor, station three is all yours. Do whatever you need to do with it. I don't mind if you recalibrate the setting to some of the equipment. That's what they are for."

N'dare nodded, as he walked over towards station one. He knew that Alastor wanted to work on some of the pieces he had found. Try to figure out a way around it. N'dare was wishing he had THUNDER with him. But, not really necessary.

He sat down, thinking about how they had managed to get inside the school, and take a student. The equipment that team had been wearing was pretty advanced. He thought about his own holoemitter system, for camoflauge. He looked over towards Alastor. Until he asked for his help, N'dare began to work on another idea.

Something that would help both Xaviers and the Morlocks, protect themselves from intrusion. He began tapping out some basic calculations and ideas on the station in front of him, stopping only long enough to pull his hair back into a ponytail, before he became a flurry of motion once more.

Tag:Icey, Greyjedi

15. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006

Alastor moved over to the third workstation and sat his bag down near it and slowly took off his coat and sat it on top of that. For the first time he revealed what all he kept under that coat. His holsters, holding his guns, the collapsable staff on his back, and a dozen or so clips, each colour coded in red, blue, and green. It was a several minute long process, removing the holster and Bandolier fully.Alastor felt odd not having all the extra weight on him, but focused on getting the work station set up. The scanners seemed to be tuned to a variaty of settings, X-ray, Infrared, thremal, even molecular scannings. And the tools at the table were more than adequate in Alastor's eyes.

Durring this time the guy who had been transporting thim around brought him the Armor and the Pulserifle. Deciding defense at this point was more important than offense he set the pulse rifle aside and set to work on the Armor. First part of which was finding out what it was comprised of. So Alastor set the Armor up on the table and lowered the scanner into place, then using the nearby control panel began the highest sensitivity molecular scan of the armor.

Tag: Ktala, GJ (I'm assuming you're gonna tell me what the armors made ove right GJ?)

16. Strader

Strader Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2007
    Daniel had been too slow creating the grating to ward off the current, the mesh had protected him from the blast of the mutant's right hand but, illuminated by its own crackling energy the blast of the mutant's left had thrown Kristen to the ground. Perhaps he had diverted at least some of the current however for when her voice called out it was still strong though as shaky as his own. He scrambled to his knees, raching for her as she called out in reply, a bolt of static shooting up his arm with an unpleasant stabbing sensation when her hand found his in the dark. The pain brought him back to his knees as he tried to push himself up, a sharp cry of pain tearing from him before he could grit his teeth against it.

Behind them he could hear the new mutant, Megawatt the guard had called him, snarl as he heard their voices, the brilliance of his blast meaning that the light that filtered in from the grates and tunnels beyond this one did little to allow them to see anything but afterimages seared into their eyes. Then there was new light, the same prickling sensation as the air became saturated with charged particles and lightning raced along Megatwatt's arms, casting his musclebound body and the angry, determined set of his dark features in stark relief. He tried to calculate how long it would be before the insane amounts of power needed for such a display blasted his grating apart like a inadequate fuse but panic surged in him and whirled his thoughts away. He forced himself to stand, feet slipping in the dirt and dust of ages that made the dark tunnel treacherous, pulling desperately at Kristen's hand to bring her to her feet, to stand, to flee away from this nightmare world into which he had thrust himself tonight.

Then suddenly there was a new voice in the darkness, the air beyond the grate shimmering for a moment before it suddenly solidified around Megawatt, the sounds of the crackling current gathering in his arms dimming as it rushed inward, a half globe imprisoning him, sealing him against the floor. A new voice joined them, Daniel whirling to see a new figure silhouetted in the tunnel mouth behind them, the dim light that filtered in from behind them doing little to illuminate her.

"Are you okay?" She called, peering in at them. A part of Daniel wanted to laugh at the absurdity of the question. Was he okay? Someone had just tried to kill him, his clothes were torn from his stumbling falls in this tunnel, he was bruised, coated with dust and grime, panicked to the verge of unthinkingness and the adrenal dump he had just recieved was making him feel like his heart was about to explode. His stomach twisted, he felt like he wanted to throw up.

"I think so." The voice was Kristen's and he glanced down to see her peering up at the newcomer, her features turning down into a thoughtful look for a moment. Then a crash from Megawatt sent his eyes back to him, lightning hissing and crackling along the inside of the forcefield.

"Will that hold him?" He called, his voice shaky, involuntarily taking a step back as the huge man snarled and raged within his cage.

Tag: Greyjedi, Jedi_Allegra, DarthXan, Ktala

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Karra
    Morlock Tunnels

"You guys okay?" Karra asked the group, as she approached them. Right now, with her sight she could see them all clearly.

"I think so." The young woman called through the darkness. The man beside her looked ok. Karra wasnt too sure about their guide, however. And this other guy...good grief, he was just anger all over. Sounded like someone BB should meet.

"Will that hold him?" the young man called out to Karra, his voice shaky, as he took a step back.

Karra replied instantly, "Hopefully, you wont be here to find out.. she muttered as gave her attentions towards the one with bad social graces.

If they were as close to the Morlocks territory as she believed they were, someone would surely come to investigate all the noise and light show. Hopefully... Karra tapped her head. How silly of her.

'Um...Professor. Could you let the Morlicks know they got something going on in one of their tunnels...' she thought to him, while she kept an eye on this guy with all the sparks. She thought of her friend then, and hoped that Lera would NEVER turn into something like this guy.

Tag: Greyjedi, Jedi_Allegra, DarthXan, Strader

18. Jedi_Allegra

Apr 10, 2003
    Kristin Matthews (Phantom) - Morlock Tunnels

"Will that hold him?" the young man called out to Karra, his voice shaky, as he took a step back.

Karra replied instantly, "Hopefully, you wont be here to find out." she muttered as she gave her attentions towards the one with bad social graces.

Looking up the young woman noticed the shield of protection and sighed with relief, her nerves calming ever so slightly, yet her muscles ached and shook within her. Slowly Kristin pressed her hands against the ground and lifted herself up, holding her lower back as she did so. She brushed off her jeans which had now sprung a small hole in the knee.

Great. She thought as her brandy eyes registered the small abrasion that her knee had taken on. Her palms burned with the sweat that now beaded upon her grimy hands, she knew she had skinned them when she fell. Kristin pressed her palms against her stomach's sides suppressing the burning sensation.

Glancing back she caught Daniel's glance and winced slightly then back at Karra, curiosity got the better of her and she spoke, "What now?" she asked, attempting to control the unevenness in her voice.

Tag: Ktala, Strader, grey, anyone I'm forgetting. :)

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Kristin, Daniel & Karra

Morlock Tunnels, near overpass

Karra arrived jus in time to prevent things from getting out of hand. Megawatt was taken completely by surprise as he prepared another shocking volley. Karra's force field enveloped him completely and his electrical shower was trapped inside the energy barrier karra had erected along with Megawatt himself. The electrokinetic mutant raged inside of his confinement, but to no avail.

"You guy's ok?" Karra asked concerned.

After what seemed like a long moment of silence, Kristin was the first to give an answer. "I think so." she said, her tone slightly uncertain as she was unable to make out the speaker in the darkness. The only illumination was coming from Megawatt's attempts at breaching Karra's energy prison.

"Will that hold him?" Daniel chimed in, real concern evident in his tone of voice, and with good reason.

Karra replied instantly, "Hopefully, you wont be here to find out."

Althought not a telepath, Karra also thought 'loud' enough for Professor Xavier to pick up the message she was sending him. Erik had instructed his students that distance had little to no real bearing on the powers of the mind, o if they called out to him, no matter how far they were, he would be able to hear them. Of course, that small 'fact' was true for telepaths with the supreme mental powers like that of Erik Xavier.

"What now?" Kristin asked, attempting to control the unevenness in her voice.

And as if in answer to her question, Dash seemed to have reappeared. There was an audible click, then a rod he was holding began to glow, bringing a dim illumination to their area.

"Help is on the way." he said evenly. Casually, he put the glow rod on a holder in the wall. By it's light, they could see that his clothes were somewaht singed, but he appeared otherwise unhurt. Dash galred at Megawatt, who was still trying to escape his prison as he spouted foul explatives and promises of pain. Then the speedster looked about as if trying to see something, but having little luck in finding it.

"Strange...these guys seldom travel alone." he commented to himself.

At that moment, the light grew slightly brighter in their area. "We're here!" a female voice shouted with some urgency not too far away. Dash turned to see a long haired female shrouded in pulsing light sprinting in their direction. Luxxa! Dash called out, relief clearly heard in his voice. Next to her a figure familiar to Karra flew silently and with a brooding expression. He was well muscled and wore a black and blue costume. His face would have been said to be handsome, if it were not for that dark scowl he wore. Godshade only nodded towards Karra as he landed near her, while Luxxa ran up to dash and gave him a friendly hugh.

"I'm glad you're ok!" she said to her friend, then looked at the others. "Is anyone hurt?" she asked.

"We're Ok." Dash answered, as he looked at the muscled man suspiciously.

"Xavier sent me." Godshade answered off handedly as he looked towards Megawatt.

"My, my my, is this not a fun gathering?" a voice came from beyond the lit area. Luxxa immediately illuminated the whole area, revealing the speaker. Another well muscled man with a shirtless and heavily tatooed upper body walked towards them, hands clapping. He had short spikey dark hair and wore a pair of goggles. By the looks of it it helped him see in the dark. Luxxa's illumination caused him to lift the goggles up.

"Krusher Creel.....junior." Luxxa voiced with venomous distaste.

"Just "Krusher" will do sweatness." The man retorted with a smirk.

Godshade took a step forward. Krusher tilted his head and smiled as he casually ran a hand over the stone and metal surrounding them. In a span of a hearbeat, his body had taken the likeness of the stonework. When he smiled, his teeth were metallic. Godshade snorted as he casually took a large boulder in his hands and pulverized it to dust.

Dash whistled.

"Let me the #@%!! outta

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Buzz

London, Alleyway

-The agency was foolish to send one man. Me fleeing the scene of my last crime, was the termination of my contract to Japan. What is it you want?-

<"I am no goverment agent.">The black clad shinobi responded with certainty. The man bowed and slowly, from underneath his vestments, produced a parchement case to Buzz. At the center of it, a silver seal was emblazoned. It was that of the setting japanese sun with two crisscrossed katanas underneath. On the right end, there was a small thumbsized reader. Buzz could guess that the case would only open for the person it was intended to once the thumb print mach was made.

The shinobi remained bowed and waited.

Tag: Nick

Sage Team

Xavier Mansion

Shadowspite melded into the shadows in a corner and was gone. Sage nodded in satifaction. A simple turn of the head revealed that Hawk and Naomi were underway to the control room. " Six, Ancient One, please inform me as soon as you arrive at the communication's center." she requested of Eagle's Breath and Chandler. Then with a wave of a hand, she bid Wind Weapon to follow.

The trip to the third sub-level had been quiet and uneventful, as it was expected to be. The lift doors opened and Sage and Wind Weapon walked into a sparce area. Although it was expansive, there wasn't much other a set of metallic double doors no more than fifteen meters away. A large stepping disc was infront of the door, and a disc of equal size was on the ceiling directly above it. "Wait here." Sage said to Wind Weapon and casually walked upon it. Both discs began to pulse faintly as soon as she stepped on.

"Sage." she said, uttering her name.

Suddely Sage was engulfed in a tube of iridescent light. The displayed only lasted a few seconds. [Identity Confirmed. You are cleared to proceed.] Jocasta's voice was heard saying. Sage motioned for Wind Weapon to do the same and the process was repeated. A wave of a hand later and the double doors opened to a gigantic spherical room with a single long walkway jutting out from the double doors then ending in the middle, where it connected to a circular plaform. There was a raised dais upon the platform where dim lights lazily flashed on and off in a strange sequence.

"Do nothing. Touch nothing." Sage instructed with little humor. She did not bother to look back for a response as she began to walk towards the circular platform. As they walked on, lights lit up on the walkway, giving twalker a vauge sensation that they were on some sort of runway. As they near the platform, lights slowly came on. The platform was ample in size as it was at least 20 meters wide. Sage stepped onto the dais, where a shinning round metallic helmet rested. Without hesitation, she picked it up and placed it her head. Sage closed her eyes and it almost looked as if she had fallen asleep or went into a trance.

For a moment, nothing happened. The vastness of the chamber remained dark. Upon the dais console, lights began to flash faster and faster as some stayed on and changed colors. The vast spherical chamber began to glow, dimly at first, but then it glow grew in intensity and became a field of white, which eventually shrunk into a point of light. Thew room chamber dimmed again, but this time, it looked like they were surroundd by stars.

"The bright points of lights you see represent mutants around our planet. The amber colour dots..." Sage made these dots more apparent now. "...Are humans, or more precisely those who are not mutants."

Sage's voice sounded oddly detached, but it still sounded very much like her.

"This is but one of the many functions Cerebro is capable of. Professor Xavier and Professor N'dare have vastly upgraded the system. It is quite literally a wonderous work of engineering."

The stars before them shimmered, then began to move. The image plunged earth-ward, and suddenly they wer

21. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006

Alastor nodded to McTaggart, "Thanks" he then picked up the headset and placed it on his ear, and decided on a mix of both settings. The readouts would appear on the screen and be stated to him on the headset. After finishing his setting adjustments he went back to work, absentmindedly talking to himself. "Hmmm... Chobham Composite Armour is Tank grade armor..." He paused as he tried to remember, "The M1 Abrams used Chobham Composite... composed of." He paused again, "Boron carbide, silicon carbide, aluminium oxide, aluminium nitride, titanium boride and Syndie." He turned and looked at McTaggart and and N'dare before they could look at him strange. "I am a Weapons buff... All sorts of weapons."

He turned back to the Console, "Vibranium was used to make Captain America's Shield..." He shook his head, "That makes this armor tough... But if i remember right it doesn't have any properties that would protect it from the energy field." He refocused the molecular scan onto just the third concentration. "Computer, are there any properties of the third unidentifiable concentration that corilate with any other known material or composite? If so, please list them on the screen."

Tag: GJ, Ktala

22. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Buzz
    London Alleys

Buzz took the package gingerly. The man didn?t move. Was the case a bomb, the man should have high-tailed it. Perhaps an EMP? Buzz?s suit would be useless to defend him if it was. Not to mention, going through an EMP in the suit he wore was painful. Buzz had to admit, however, that he was curious and although it was what killed the cat, he prepared himself.

After a prompt from Buzz, the skin around his thumb gave way. He was met with an unfamiliar breeze as he lowered his hand to the case. He stopped just above the reader and glanced up. The man was still bowed and Buzz clenched his teeth. His finger lowered. It lay gently on the gel-like pad of the reader.

Tag: Grey

23. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

Morlock Tunnels

Nat was only too happy to follow Devil Dog and trailed behind the mutant as he made his way down the tunnels, trying to walk as silently as he did. Before long they had came to the source of the strange flashes -

Or at least, what Nat presumed to be the source: a surprising number of mutants in varying states of aggression. She recognised Karra standing next to a guy in a glowing cage - had she done that too? - two more slightly beat-up people on the ground, and about five others glaring at each other. None of them were familiar, but she knew trouble when she saw it. Especially trouble on a hair-trigger like those were.

Then another guy in a trenchcoat materialized out of the darkness, two guns already drawn. Well, make that six. Nat was having no trouble hearing what they were saying; they weren't keeping their voices down and noise carried through the tunnels just fine. Not that she had any idea who those two were, only that they were on the same side as the caged guy. It certainly seemed like the situation could devolve into an all-out fight in a second.

Devil Dog came to a crouch about a dozen metres away from the scene of the confrontation. "Are you seeing all this?" he whispered in the darkness, half-turning his head in Nat's direction.

Nat nodded, then realized he probably wouldn't have seen. "Yeah," she breathed back. "Who are those guys?"

TAG: greyjedi, Ktala, Stader, Allegra

24. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Eagle's Breath

"Yes, my fair lady!" he said with an exagerative bow before turning to lead the way as he could 'see' where they were headed to although he decided to make it a walk just to be more of a comfort to Six.

"You know it has often been my salvation to see 'around' corners, I once had a man say that wouldn't future sight be better since you would not only know they were there but what and how they would react? I replied that I...that I..."Well this was embarrising, or at least as an ancient could be embarrased. It felt as if he knew this story like the back of his hand but as soon as he was past the start and started to remember more then just the words of the situation a wall fell, he couldn't recall another thing about it hardly even that which he had already said.

"Well that's not important, I must have begun to ramble. How about we just walk queitly or race to the communcations room."

After getting an okay out of his traveling companion they headed off and soon arrived in the communications room. Walking around once to get the lay of the place he nodded staring at the equipment. "Jocasta if you wouldn't mind walking us through this simultaniously we can get this up and running. Also if you wouldn't mind dear, could you inform that aptly named Sage of the valley that we are ready?"

TAG: GM, Six

25. Jedi_Allegra

Apr 10, 2003
    IC: Kristin Matthews (Phantom) - Morlock Tunnels

As if in answer to her question, Dash seemed to have reappeared. There was an audible click, then a rod he was holding began to glow, bringing a dim illumination to their area. Kristin squinted her eyes readjusting to the newly introduced light.

"Help is on the way." Dash said evenly. Casually, he put the glow rod on a holder in the wall. By it's light, they could see that his clothes were somewhat singed, but he appeared otherwise unhurt. Dash glared at Megawatt, who was still trying to escape his prison as he spouted foul expletives and promises of pain. Kristin blushed at the words Megawatt was using, to her they were enough to make anyone turn crimson in the cheeks. She glanced around trying to calm herself down still from the attack that they had received.

"Strange...these guys seldom travel alone." he, Dash, commented to himself.

At that moment, the light grew slightly brighter in their area. "We're here!" a female voice shouted with some urgency not too far away. Kristin's eyes adjusted once again, hoping that she would not get a headache from all the change in the lights. She turned following Dash's gaze to see a long haired female shrouded in pulsing light sprinting in their direction.

Next to her a figure flew silently and with a brooding expression. He was well muscled and wore a black and blue costume. His face would have been said to be handsome, if it were not for that dark scowl he wore.Kristin felt as if she should glare back at the handsome man, yet she refrained as she let his hard expression pass. It happened so fast, yet Luxxa ran up to Dash and gave him a hug.

"I'm glad you're ok!"/b] The woman said to her friend, then looked at the others. "Is anyone hurt?" she asked.

Before she had a chance to answer with just minor cuts and bruises, "We're Ok." came from Dash, answering for them, as he looked at the muscled man suspiciously.

"Xavier sent me." The scowling man answered off handedly as he looked towards Megawatt.

"My, my my, is this not a fun gathering?" a voice came from beyond the lit area. Luxxa immediately illuminated the whole area, revealing the speaker. Another well muscled man with a shirtless and heavily tattooed upper body walked towards them, hands clapping. He had short spikey dark hair and wore a pair of goggles. By the looks of it it helped him see in the dark. Luxxa's illumination caused him to lift the goggles up.

"Krusher Creel.....junior." Luxxa voiced with venomous distaste that Kristin automatically picked up on.

"Just "Krusher" will do sweetness." The man retorted with a smirk that Kristin disliked greatly.

Kristin watched the two men interact obviously having known each other previously and they obviously disliked each other greatly. Dash whistled and Kristin's attention was turned to their attacker.

"Let me the #@%!! outta here!" Megawatt demanded.

No one responded.

Black smoke fell from above and next to Krusher, then formed into the shape of a darkskined man in black. He carried a very large Katana sword strapped to his back. "I'd do as he suggests..." the new arrival said darkly, then looked up and flashed his bloodshot eyes and fanged teeth. Now it was Dash's turn to speak with distaste.

Now, Kristin was getting fearful again and absentmindedly inched towards Daniel as Dash hissed, "Nodachi. You filthy..."

"Not in the mood..." The dark man cut him off as he reached for his over-sized Katana.

There was a moment of silence that was broken by running footsteps and Kristin's head turned quickly.

"Now what?" Krusher blurted out in annoyance, Kristin was now thoroughly confused.

A figure wearing a black leather trench coat came running out of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.