1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning: Path of Heroes

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by greyjedi125, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Karra
    Morlock Tunnels, near overpass

    Karra was very glad to see that guy who was leading the other two was ok. He was holding an glowrod, as he stared at Megawatt. "What now?" Kristin asked, attempting to control the unevenness in her voice.

    "Help is on the way." Dash said evenly. Casually, he put the glow rod on a holder in the wall. Loudmouth was spouting words that would make BB grin. Karra ignored him, especially when she heard Dash's next comment.

    "Strange...these guys seldom travel alone."

    At that moment, the light grew slightly brighter in their area. "We're here!" a female voice shouted with some urgency not too far away. Dash turned to see a long haired female shrouded in pulsing light sprinting in their direction. "Luxxa!" Dash called out, relief clearly heard in his voice. Next to her a figure familiar to Karra flew silently and with a brooding expression. Karra gave a nod to Godshade who also nodded towards her as he landed near her, while Luxxa ran up to dash and gave him a friendly hug.

    "I'm glad you're ok!" she said to her friend, then looked at the others. "Is anyone hurt?" she asked. "We're Ok." Dash answered, as he looked at the muscled man suspiciously. "Xavier sent me." Godshade answered off handedly as he looked towards Megawatt.

    "My, my my, is this not a fun gathering?" Another muscle man, spike hair, and goggles. And from the reactions of the others, obviously NOT a friend.

    "Krusher Creel.....junior." Luxxa voiced with venomous distaste. "Just "Krusher" will do sweetness." The man retorted with a smirk. Oh lord, she was in Hormone Heck. 'Could the testosterone get any thicker around here?' she wondered

    Godshade took a step forward. Krusher tilted his head and smiled as he casually ran a hand over the stone and metal surrounding them. In a span of a hearbeat, his body had taken the likeness of the stonework. When he smiled, his teeth were metallic. Godshade snorted as he casually took a large boulder in his hands and pulverized it to dust. Dash whistled.

    "Let me the #@%!! outta here!" Megawatt demanded. 'Aparently, it can'. Karra mused to herself.

    No one responded. Black smoke fell from above and next to Krusher, then formed into the shape of a darkskined man in black. He carried a very large Katana sword strapped to his back. Oh, Nice trick indeed.

    "I'd do as he suggests..." the new arrival said darkly, then looked up and flashed his bloodhot eyes and fanged teeth. Now it was Dash' turn to speak with distaste. "Nodachi." Another not a friend. Well this was getting ugly. There was a moment of silence that was broken by running footsteps. "Now what?" Krusher blurted out in annoyance. A figure wearing a black leather trenchcoat came running out of the darkness with two guns in hand. He wore a hi-tech looking visor and he was also of dark complexion. "...told you folks to slow the frak down...but....ya'll don't listen...." Bad Boy arrived with guns drawn and in three seconds did catch his breath. "So which one of ya'll mofo's wanna do a tap dance, case I got your tune right here."

    Karra withheld the groan, as she flash him a quick smile. 'FULL HOUSE! We HAVE OURSELVES A WINNER!' she thought to herself now.

    They traded words again, then big and ugly number 3 spoke up. "Xavier's, eh? hmph! Like I said. Not in the mood, otherwise the odds are just fine by me." Nodachi mockingly flashed his fangs again, then his red eyes appraised the group gathered. Krusher cracked his neck. "We take our man. We go our separate ways. Nothing to see here." Nodachi sheated his large sword, then waited for someone else to make the next move.

    Before any other bad insults could be traded, Karra looked to Dash and the others she had helped. "Go ahead and take the others back. They did take a good jolt." She gestured towards the young man and girl, who had taken a hit from Megawatt. They probably needed a bit of help anyw
  2. Teegirloo Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 26, 2005
    star 6
    OOC: Well im semi-back but i htink i can post from time to time.

    Jata Marxx (RavenHawk)


      Grand Central Station, Booth T-A27655

      After arriving in Grand Central Station after a bit of a walk in the crowded city streets, Jaya finally made it. The GRand Central Station was even more crowded than the streets. Not a surprise given it's importance and location. What was new at the station was the presence of MCU officers posted in key locations, which Jaya avoided successfully thus far.

      Moments later, she found the booth. It seemed deserted. A large sign was placed on the window where an booth attendant would usually be seen. Upon closer inspection, the words could be seen.

      It read:

      CLOSED FOR REPAIRS

      oddly enough, the card swiping machine seemed to be on. Was it on a second ago? or did it just ....

      There was no way for Jaya to tell if the card reader had been on a moment ago. The message on the face of the reader scrolled by in bright blue colors.

      Please insert card...

      The noisy area seemed to grow still around Jaya as the words seemed to blink at her.

      She turned her head from side to side to see if anyone was watching her. So far so good. The MCU Officers were not focused on her. This gave Jaya more ample time to insert her card in without notice. She was still nervous, but concentrated on the task at hand. There was some doubt in her mind on inserting the card.

      What if this is a trap.. The MCU maybe pretending to not notice, but as soon as someone walks up to the card reader they start to ambush.

      She shook her head to get the negative thoughts out of her mind. The last thing she needed was to allow negative thoughts to distract her. She took a deep breath then calmly walked to the booth. Well it was now or never and Jaya didn't want to waste any more time than she already had.


    Tag: Grey Jedi








  3. Darph_Nader Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 17, 2005
    star 1
    OOC: Due to RL issues, I will be handing over my characters (Jack & Elana) to greyjedi125 until I return on February 26th. But this time it's a good RL. :D

    IC JACK "HAWK" WARNER:

    Mansion...

    "I love it when a plan comes together," Jack said with a grin. The entrance to the mansion had gone off without a hitch.

    "Ok, team. we need to get to work A.S.A.P.!"

    Jack took a look around the immediate premises while Eagle's Breath and Sage argued. The place looked clean on a basic look-over. The group had entered in unnoticed.
    Once the two had finished their spat, Sage turned from Eagle's Breath to the rest of the team, and began making assignments.

    "Hawk and Naomi, you two got security detail in the control room. Let's keep an eye on our unwanted guests shall we?"

    Jack turned to the one called Naomi, and motioned for her to follow.

    The trip to the control room was rather uneventful. Jack didn't say much, and neither did Naomi. The long, abandoned corridors echoed with their footsteps, and with Jack's mutterings.
    "Supply room... Generators...." Finally, his eyes rested on the door he was looking for. "Control Room."

    Jack grasped the door knob, and it opened with ease - to the surprise of Jack. Once the two entered the room, Jack shut and locked the door. Jack turned back to Naomi.

    "Just in case."

    Jack was greeted by a view of all the security monitors in the mansion. The interior of mansion was uneventful, but the exterior was full of activity. Walkers, troops, and the like moved here and there across the grounds.

    "Well, I guess we just sit back," Jack plopped down in the nearest chair, "and wait for something interesting to happen."

    TAG: LeiaHair, all in Sage's team

    --- --- --- ---

    ELANA WARNER:

    Caves...

    Everything seemed to be going down the toilet. Jack had left, and there was no guarantee that he was coming back.

    As she swam in her thoughts, two figures approached her on either side. She looked up to see two boys approach her on either side.

    "Hello..." the Asian boy floating on her right said with a shy smile. She recognized him as Wei-Chen.

    "Wassap?" said the older boy standing to her left, whom she belatedly remembered was Surge.

    After fixing his glasses, the Asian boy offered her a plate of cookies. At the same time, the boy on her other side offered her a glass of milk. The boy was about her age, with a large grin across his face.

    "Compliments of Iori," Surge said coolly, pointing with his other hand towards Iori, who was stitting down on a cot, cross-legged and seemingly in meditation. He managed a friendly wave, even though his eyes were closed.

    Elana smiled, and gave a small wave back.

    "Iori said not to worry, your brother will be back. Sage will see to that." Wei-Chen looked to Surge. "Right Surge?"

    Surge nodded. "You got that right, Wei-Chen."

    Elana looked up at them and gave each a smile, as both moved their items closer to her almost simultaneously that for a second it looked like a comedy routine.

    "Eat-up. You'll feel better." Surge said, offering a kind and sympathetic smile. Elana laughed quietly, and took the glass and a cookie.

    "Thanks, guys," Elana said as she raised the cookie to her mouth. Elana took a bite, and tasted one of the best oatmeal cookies she'd ever had.

    "You're cookies are really good," Elana complimented to Iori, although she wasn't sure if he could hear her. She didn't know if Jack would be back in one piece - he had a knack of getting more bumps and bangs than he intended - but these two had picked up her spirits a bit.

    After finishing off the cookie and half of the glass of milk, Elana looked up to the two boys.

    "So, do you two enjoy this hotel?"

    TAG: gj125, anyone

    D_N :cool:
  4. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Karra & Nat

    Morlock Tunnels, Near Overpass

    "We take our man. We go our separate ways. Nothing to see here." Nodachi sheated his large sword, then waited for someone else to make the next move.

    Before any other bad insults could be traded, Karra looked to Dash and the others she had helped. "Go ahead and take the others back. They did take a good jolt."

    Krusher started chuckling and then burst into laughter. "Oh no, did you hear that?" he said as he turned to speak to his imprisoned comrade. ".... you gave them a good 'jolt'. Maybe that's I'll call ya from now on....Hahaha!" Krusher then acted in mock fear as he said: "Oh ma goodness! run away, here comes JOLT!! HAHAHAHAHA!"

    For some odd reason he found this extremely hilarous. Nodachi on the other hand, was not amused and opted just to ignore him.

    Karra gestured towards the young man and girl, who had taken a hit from Megawatt. They probably needed a bit of help anyway. She gave a smile and wink. "And when you get across the bridge.. Mr. Sunshine here should be able to go, and we can all go on our merry way..."

    Nodachi nodded his agreement.

    "Thank you." Dash said to karra, then turned to give a solid nod to Luxxa, before finally turning to Daniel and Kristin. "Ok, then. Let's go. This time we won't stop until we get to your encampment."

    And with that, they were off again. Once they were beyond the overpass, they were in safer grounds and a short distance from the Xavier camp. It did not take them long t reach it.

    After the trio had disappeared beyond the overpass, Nodachi looked at Karra intently before he spoke with a slow deliberate tone. The dangerous edge in his voice could not be mistaken.

    "Release him. Now." He demanded.

    Godshade took a step closer and Bad Boy clicked back the hammers on his guns. Nodachi ignored them and kept his eyes on karra.

    A relative safe distance away, Devil Dog whispered to Nat as he attempted a quick run down of who's who.

    "Well, the guy in the energy cage, assuming that's what it is, is called Megawatt. Supossedly he can generate a million volts of electricity, but that's only if he's really teed-off. I'd say on the average, he generates anywhere between 2,000 and 5,000 volts, and 10,000 when he's upset, like now. But a million...heh! I hear he's only done that twice. Apparently, the first time was to bust outta prison. Anyway, the tatooed hudlum next is the said to be the son of 'The Absorbing Man' himself and Titania. But life was not so sweet for the Creels. Titania got herself caught during a foiled heist and ended up in some super prison. That was when she met Doc Samson who took a shine to her and tried to reform her, idiot fell for the oldest trick in the book. Long story short, Creel came to bust her out and she was pregnant with Doc's baby. I heard when the tot was born it had green hair, so they got rid of it. Go figure."

    Devil Dog looked back at this point to see Nat had fallen asleep, she was so quiet.

    "Both Creel and Megawatt have criminal records, and Churgen took them in and gave them refuge despite their past, and this is how they repay him. Ingrates. Hmph! The creep with the big blade is Nodachi. Don't know much about him, just that he's a bona fide blood-sucker and all bad news. real old too. Then there's the good guys. The guy zipping around is Dash, our local speedster. Nice kid. The lady casting all the light is Luxxa. She's pretty powerful and one of Churgen's Lieutenants."

    Devil Dog grew quiet after the not-so-brief history lesson. Dash ahd left withhis two charges, and now it seemed it was time for quid pro quo.


    Tag: Ktala, Xan, Starder, Allegra

    ************************************

    Jaya Marxx (RavenHawk)

    Grand Central Station, Booth T-A27655


    Though nervous and anxious all at once, Jaya managed to summon the nerve to swipe her card. Nothing seemed to hap
  5. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Karra
    Morlock Tunnels, Near Overpass

    Karra looked to Dash and the others she had helped. "Go ahead and take the others back. They did take a good jolt."

    Krusher started chuckling and then burst into laughter. "Oh no, did you hear that?" he said as he turned to speak to his imprisoned comrade. ".... you gave them a good 'jolt'. Maybe that's I'll call ya from now on....Hahaha!" Krusher then acted in mock fear as he said: "Oh ma goodness! run away, here comes JOLT!! HAHAHAHAHA!"

    Karra to her credit, did not roll her eyes. Instead, Karra gestured towards the young man and girl, who had taken a hit from Megawatt. They probably needed a bit of help anyway. She gave a smile and wink. "And when you get across the bridge.. Mr. Sunshine here should be able to go, and we can all go on our merry way..."

    Nodachi nodded his agreement. Not that Karra cared if he did or didnt.

    "Thank you." Dash said to Karra, then turned to give a solid nod to Luxxa, before finally turning to Daniel and Kristin. "Ok, then. Let's go. This time we won't stop until we get to your encampment." And with that, they were off again. Once they were beyond the overpass, they were in safer grounds and a short distance from the Xavier camp. It did not take them long t reach it. Karra watched as the group dissapeared. After the trio had disappeared beyond the overpass, Karra turned her head to stare at the other group. Nodachi looked at Karra intently before he spoke with a slow deliberate tone. The dangerous edge in his voice could not be mistaken.

    "Release him. Now." He demanded.

    Godshade took a step closer and Bad Boy clicked back the hammers on his guns. Nodachi ignored them and kept his eyes on Karra. Karra looked at him, the look on her face saying she was NOT impressed. Several retorts came quickly to mind, but she did not voice them. She just looked at him. "Sure." she murmored, as she did several things at once. As she waved her hand, she immediately dropped the shield around Meggadork, but instead of dispelling it totally, she expanded it, so that it took up the the entire entrance between them, and the baddies.

    Then with blinding speed, she 'pushed' her shield away from her as fast as she could could, basically scooping them up and out and away from them as fast as she could, giving them no time to counter or fight, or anything else stupid. Like punting a football far away from her, she did her best to send the trio packing as fast as un-humanly possibly.

    She then spoke to Godshade and Bad Boy, giving them a smile. "Thanks for the help". She looked over in the direction she left the others. "I guess I better get back with the others, and see if we can make it topside, before anything else happens." Karra shook her head sadly. "Hope the trip back, is not as fun." With a nod to the pair, Karra looked for Pat and Devil Dog, so that she could join them once more, and get back to what it was they were supposed to be doing.

    Tag: GreyJedi, Xan, Stader, Allegra







    Oni
    World of Warcraft. Darnasus, Questers secret tavern

    When Oni saw that only one warrior fell to her attack, she was sure that these were no ordinary attackers. That could mean anyone, from the military, to some elite groups. They performed uncanny dodges. But one thing was clear. They were not winning.

    She then heard a shout. "Everyone, CLOAK NOW! we gotta get outta here. They are elites! and they came ready for us! GO! Go! Go!"

    As Aftermath faded from view, he gave Oni a firm nod of the head. In a private channel, he managed to whisper [Control+Alt+Escape]. And then, the Night Elves were gone. Oni didnt waste any time.

    "Driver. Head uptown. Perhaps we can find out more of whats happening there. And a bit of lunch would be good as well." she stated, even as she touched the key commands that Aftermath had given her. Too bad it was not the meal she really craved. But one had to be careful during such times.

    With a quick
  6. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    Churgen's the Morlock leader...?


    IC: Nat Tavoris

    Morlock Tunnels

    Nat listened intently as Devil Dog gave her the rundown on the mutants ahead. She didn't really understand the tattooed guy's history - having no idea who Titania or 'The Absorbing Man' were - but she did get the gist of it all. Churgen - that name was familiar, but Nat had no idea how so. Someone pretty high-up, undoubtedly, to have a powerful mutant like Luxxa as a lieutenant. Devil Dog glanced at her midway through his explanation; Nat just nodded to indicate she was still listening.

    As the Morlock guide spoke, Dash ushered off the two injured mutants. Now the ball was in Karra's court ... Nat bit her lip. Was she really going to let Megawatt go? From what Devil Dog said, he was dangerous and would probably to attack when he was freed.

    Karra, it turned out, had a better idea. Nat watched as, instead of disappearing, the energy cage expanded until it covered all three mutants - and then suddenly, the trio was flying down the corridor like a plane off an aircraft carrier.

    "Whoa!" Nat exclaimed ... a little louder than she meant to. The youngster winced as the tunnels echoed her voice back. Probably didn't matter with the bad guys gone - but it was still pretty dumb, since sound carried rather far in enclosed spaces and there was no telling who else could be nearby. Nat had wondered what powers Karra had ... well, now she knew. In fact, she seemed overqualified for bodyguard duty.

    TAG: greyjedi, Ktala
  7. HunterPrime Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 17, 2004
    star 1
    Lazer & Nightfall
    New York City, Lower East Side, Con Edison Power Plant

    Nightfall's memories had not betrayed him. Emerging upon the room of his memory, Nightfall immediately noticed that it was no longer an archival room, but a maintenance storage area, and a pretty large one at that. It didn't look like it was used very often, as the objects stored here looked outdated and had been left here to be put out of the way more than anything else. Perfect. This place could serve as a temporary safe house. They would have to be careful, but at least here, if anything came after them, they would get an early notice.

    Over by Lazer, he noticed that Spider Girl slept soundly and was looking a whole lot better and healthier than she did less than an hour ago. Lazer was curled up next to Spider Girl. He could see that even now, she was looking after Spider Girl even though she looked as if she was ready to pass out herself. NightFall quickly checked out the room. He locked the door. At least if someone came in, the sound of a key would give them enough warning to hide. Later, he would check for a restroom, and other essentials, but right now, he would not leave the two of them unprotected. After he scanned the room, he slowly walked back over to where Lazer was fighting to stay awake. He scrunched down, looking at the two. He then reached into his pocket, and pulled out a candy bar. "Here. You're going to need this." He reached out, and gently kissed her forehead. "Get some rest. You've been busy. I'll stay awake and guard us for the first few hours." he then smiled. "Promise to wake you up for the next shift."

    Lazer wrapped her hand around the candy bar, too tired to even consider eating it now, but she gave him a huge smile. "Make sure you wake me up, ok?" she said softly, even as her eyes started to close. NightFall simply murmored 'yes', as he watched Lazer fall asleep, and then he stood looking around. For many long minutes after she had fallen asleep, he simply watched her, gently stroking the hair from her face as she slept. Reluctantly, he finally stood up, and looked around. He found an old blanket to cover the two, and then stood watch over the both of them, a silent statue brooding over the both of them. They could get supplies and the like later, for he would not dare leave the both of them now, so vunerable. He hunted around for an old radio. Perhaps he could find out what was going on outside, while he stood watch. He hoped Spider Girl did not mind that they now knew her face, but considering the alternatives, he could only hope that she would be calm when she woke up. NightFall breathed in deeply, as he waited for one of them to stir once more.



    TAG:GreyJedi125







    Shifter
    Genosha, Underground Dome, Battle Arena

    As the crowd cheered him on and Shifter basked in his moment of triumph, the bodacious Jazz came back out with the winner's coat and belt, which she dutifuly helped Shifter don. With that done, she kissed the new winner fully, then waved and smiled for the cameras. The crowd went wild, but Shifter had not noticed. He was still buzzing from the Kiss that Jazz had given him. And he didnt even get slapped!! Oh, yeah, he could get used to this ort of thing. Shifter was in a daze as Jazz lead Shifter to the winner's seat.

    "You did well for yourself." The beautiful hostess told him as they walked back inside. Shifter grinned, "Thanks." Jazz continued. "3,000 credits have been forwarded to your account". Jazz graced him with a smile as the came around to the winners box. Shifter was trying not to let his eyes bug out in amazement. That was better than regular ring fighting anyday. He almost missed Jazz add, "I'm to keep you company for the rest of the matches as a symbol of your victory. I hope you don't mind."

    Shifter turned his head to look at the beautiful woman. "MIND?! Heck, let me get something to drink, and It will be durn near perfect, darling!" he said with a grin.

    The security tea
  8. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Eagle's Breath
    Location: Comm Room


    Nodding his head when appropriate, and sometimes when not, he groped his way through the tutorial. If asked he probably could regurgitate the entire speile from memory word for word and gesture for gesture, to explain what it all boiled down to in meaning...beyond getting a message out one wasn't about to get much more outta him. He only hoped Six was doing better with all this jargon then he and could serve as translator.
    Before the tutorial was officially over, however, a message was coming through.

    ["This is the 'Turbo Charge' to 'Silver Lady' can you read me. I repeat, This is Turbo Charge to Silver Lady, can you read me. over?"]

    Looking over at Six and Jocasta he nodded once, "Your Silver Lady I take it, not very imaginative but still flattering. Six if you would?" He waited while Six made the preps to establish contact and when they were connected he replied trying to sound military in tone, though more succeeding in sounding like a piece of machinery in need of lubrication from too much grinding, "Turbo Charge' heh, I may see a 'Silver Lady' but," Then with a quick cough from no longer being able to hold the voice any longer, "I'll take the message as she is busy cutting a fine figure in half a dozen places. 'Silver Lady' nearly prepped 'Turbo Charge', may I ask though. Who thought of 'Turbo Charge', what are you doing creating code names from a muscle car calender?" noticing the look he was getting he recomposed himself. "Just a moment, Ea-'Silver Lady' awaiting." making a motion to mute his end of it he turned to Jocasta and Six, "Want to add your two shells? or one of whats next?"

    TAG: 'Turbo Charge', GM
  9. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2007
    star 4
    IC: Six

    "Na, I'm good. However the sooner we finish our mission the better, so maybe we should get to work soon." Six said, he then stepped forward to the controls. 'Now what were the commands I was supposed to enter again?' he thought, he then looked at the panel closely. 'Bingo.' he added, he then punched in the proper codes. "Ok communications are running. Now what?" he asked.

    TAG: Eagle's Breath
  10. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 27, 2007
    star 5
    IC: Buzz
    London Alley

    Buzz stared at the paper intently. His eyes scanned it quickly and he read it again in disbelief. Buzz continued to stare at the paper for quite some time. He was faintly aware of a heat in his hands, as the paper burst into flames. The ashes crumbled to the ground and, without a paper to read, Buzz watched them. He looked up. Without awareness of what he was doing, Buzz spoke in Gaelic.

    ?Am I to assume my name is Akio??

    Buzz clapped a hand over his mouth, where had that come from. He spoke in Japanese.

    ?Can you take me to this gathering??

    It may be the only way to find out who Akio was.

    Tag: Grey
  11. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 27, 2007
    star 5
    IC: Buzz
    London Alley

    Buzz stared at the paper intently. His eyes scanned it quickly and he read it again in disbelief. Buzz continued to stare at the paper for quite some time. He was faintly aware of a heat in his hands, as the paper burst into flames. The ashes crumbled to the ground and, without a paper to read, Buzz watched them. He looked up. Without awareness of what he was doing, Buzz spoke in Gaelic.

    ~Am I to assume my name is Akio?~

    Buzz clapped a hand over his mouth, where had that come from. He spoke in Japanese.

    -Can you take me to this gathering?-

    It may be the only way to find out who Akio was.

    Tag: Grey
  12. Teegirloo Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 26, 2005
    star 6
    Jaya Marxx (Raven Hawk)


      Grand Central Station, Booth T-A27655

      Though nervous and anxious all at once, Jaya managed to summon the nerve to swipe her card. Nothing seemed to happen for one second, which probably caused her heart to skip. Then the small screen winked. [Identity comfirmed. One moment please...] read a message as it appeared on the screen. Less than five seconds later, a familiar symbol emerged on the screen, followd by a new message.

      [Welcome to the Xavier Institute Emergency Remote Access Network, how may I be of assisstance?]

      The prompt came up for Jaya to begin typing.

      Seeking directions to the hide out or contact with someone.

      She typed as her nerves was stillgetting the best of her. She hoped she didn't look to obvious. She took a deep breath and looked around once more to see if anyone was looking her way.

      Cmon get it together Jaya...nothing is gonna happen.

      She told herself as she waited for the rewsponse to come appear on the screen.



    TAG: Grey Jedi
  13. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    OOC: Apologies folks, having RL issues. Should be posting this weekend. Happy "V" Day. [face_peace]
  14. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 27, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Erin Mathews

    Erin sat, listening, as John attempted to use the communication systems. The first time, it seemed to have failed, for some reason. She frowned slightly. That was...worrying.

    "I'll try it one more time before I start getting paranoid."

    She looked around the room, before returning to her own thoughts. There was a nagging worry- what if this turned out like at Xavier's? What if there was more conflict? The group was split up, in a place with very peculiar security systems. This could get bad. Hopefully, it wouldn't.

    Tag: whoever
  15. Darph_Nader Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 17, 2005
    star 1
    OOC: I'm back now, so I'll take back control of my characters. :)

    D_N :cool:
  16. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Hey there Folks! No, this thread is not dead and neither am I! :p :D I'm aiming to have something up this weekend, now that things are somewhat manageable. I can't apologize enough for my absence. Anyway, less talk more action. See ya'll soonish! :-B [face_peace]

    grey
  17. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Please read the whole update. Thanks

    INVASION!

    Buzz: London Alley

    Buzz had read the scroll, then said something in a language the shinobi before him did not understand. The second thing he said, he said it in japanese.

    "Can you take me to this gathering?" he asked of the darkly clad shinobi.

    <Yes> responded the messenger ninja. As he got up, the morning london skies grew dark, so dark in fact that it semed like night had suddenly descended on them. Then the city emergency klaxons began to blare! Slowly ever so slowly, a tride of noise rose all around them. A shout came from nearby, then another and another. The sound of rushing traffic grew as well as automobiles began to race past down the street.

    It was the sound of the begining of chaos.

    The dark shinobi looked around, then seemed to listen to something in his ear, then he looked surprised as he tapped his ear. Whatever he'd been listening to suddenly went dead. He looked up at the sky and pointed as a word of amazement escaped his lips. Something impossibly huge was bloting out the skies over London, and small lights like a cluster of angry hornets seemed to be buzzing underneath it.

    <We have to leave the city immediately.> The Shinobi said to Buzz, his voice quite grave.

    <It has already begun>


    Tag:NICK

    ********
    Jaya Marxx (Raven Hawk)

    Grand Central Station, Booth T-A27655

    The lights went out throughout Grand Central Station for all of a minute before emergency lights came on. Some people began to act alarmed while others invariably panicked, and the law enforcement presence was suddenly very busy keeping everyone calm and under control, or at least trying to. Somewhere in the distance, somebody screamed.

    The small screen before Jaya continued to flash it's neon colored information, oblivious to what was going on all around.

    [The route necessary to reach the underground camp has been downloaded to your cellular phone. Please follow the path without deviation. Mental attempts to contact an academy telepath is strongly suggested once you have entered the underground maze of tunnels.

    This transmission will end in 10 seconds. If you wish to view this information again, please swipe your ID card now.]

    Behind Jaya, a crowd of commuters rushed past as they tried to leave the station. An even larger crowd was rushing behind them, all in the verge of panic.

    There's no power to the trains! our cell phones don't work! Something is blocking the sun! It's a total eclipse! The whole city just went dark! Get-outta-my-way!

    Jaya was picking up all manner of half-sentences and such from the throng that rushed past her. Police walkie-talkies went off in the distance as well as bull horns calling for order. All to little effect.

    Whatever was going on seemed pretty massive and serious. Perhaps it was another terrorist attack. The city never did recover from the last one, even though it took place more than half a decade ago. Never the less, this was a perfect opportunity for Jaya to slip into the tunnels, or follow the crowd and find out what was going on.


    Tag: Teeg

    *********

    Knightfall

    Marty was between assignments and was enjoying a bit of downtime at the moment. He was resting in his latest hide-out, doing what he always did as he checked on his sister's condition. It was a daily ritual he never missed. He always kept himself updated on the ups and downs of his hospitalized sister. Nothing else in the world was more important to him, however, this time, something he hoped never happened finally took place.

    The connection between the his computer and the hospital was suddenly severed. Every attempt to reconnect failed, as did any attempt to connect to any major server. It was as if the entire world-wide-web simply ceased to function. Even cell phone communications were down.

    If Marty ever had a bad feeling in his life, it did not compare with w
  18. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 27, 2007
    star 5
    IC - Buzz
    London

    Buzz glanced up at the sky, with the ninja. His eyes widened, soon followed by his mouth. He was momentarily speechless. Buzz looked over at the ninja and regained his ability to talk.

    "What the hell is that?"

    Buzz had spoken in English. He shook his head and looked back at the sky. His words came out in Japanese.

    -What the hell is going on? What has begun?-

    Buzz thought for a moment and spoke again.

    -How are we going to get out of here?-

    Tag: Grey
  19. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Eagle's Breath

    Watching the scene unfold he gave what he felt was the appropriate moments of silence and respect for the gravity of the others situations that were stuck living on this world, in this dimension.

    Not being bound to it he was faced with a delima of his own, if it weren't for these people and the chance of their helping his memory he would have simply skipped planet and left it to fend for itself and check back in, in a few hundred years when the situation would have inevitably settled down. Maybe sooner on occassion to guide a few in danger to safety if he was moved so, but in no way would he stay to fight for what he wasn't even attached to.

    "I'll stay and help you whelps." Personally it was a bit of the noble side shining out, but he couldn't let that be it. "But I expect my mind returned to me all the sooner and no post-poning starting the process because of a 'dire' situation. If I stay and fight to the possible death, I better be able to do so knowing full well who it is that is dying and who I should expect because of it."

    TAG: Xaviar's Mansion Group.
  20. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2007
    star 4
    IC: Six

    "I'm ready to fight, organic ormech, I should be able to do some damage." Six said. "Let's just hope we don't have to much to deal with here, I mean a couple dozen at a time I might just be able to deal with, but any more than that will be pretty dodgy." he added.

    TAG: Xavier Mansion Team
  21. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 2, 2003
    star 6
    Marty Sayre IC:
    Location ~Dover, Delaware

    Marty sat staring at his computer once more after his failed attempts with the cell phone in his hand. The dread filling him was like the rising tide of the sea. Higher and higher it came, then it would gently and agonizingly recede into an empty feeling before returning with that horrible dread once more.

    Allie.

    It was his only thought before he quickly got up and pocketed his cell phone (later, Marty would reflect that he didn't know why he kept it after it failed, probably routine), grabbed his wallet and keys real quick and then sped out the door. He didn't know what was going on, but he had to get to his sister. That's all he knew. If something happened to her...

    Fear suddenly blossomed like a firework in his chest, even before he noticed the oddity of the situation outside. He was too afraid for Allie to really concentrate on the obvious before him. If the computer and phones were down and so much else...what if her...what if Allie's machines...

    No! No, I cannot think like that. Absolutely cannot. I refuse to eve...what the?

    This was when, after finally making it out of the apartments he lived at, he noticed what was going on. People panicking everywhere he turned. Practically darkness when it shouldn't be hung in the sky. And some lights were flying around, ships it looked like. But...ships?

    The dread and the fear only rose with every terrified face Marty looked into and spotted. People flailing about, cars honking, alarms sounding, and children wailing. Marty even saw the traditional homeless wandering around amidst it all holding cardboard signs reading 'Armageddon!' 'The end hast cometh!' 'We're dead' 'Eat at Joe's!'

    This time, Marty was afraid they were right...and maybe he should eat at Joe's before the end...he never did try it. But before that...Allie.

    It was still all he could think about again as he pushed past the unbelievable throng of people, animals, and cars in the city in the direction of the hospital. The hospital wasn't too far away from his place, relatively, but it would take forever at this pace and he couldn't double back for his car now because that would actually take longer...

    "ALLIE!!!!" he screamed at the top of his lungs as he rushed the quickest he could to where he needed to go.

    Tag: Master Grey
  22. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 5, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Alastor


    Alastor cursed, a very loud, very angry curse. He quickly threw the Pulse Rifle, which he had eyed, it was advanced but didn't seem to be able to carry a tracker, atleast of significant range. He then pulled his equipment back on and pulled the back up like a backpack. "Alright, I'm ready." He checked his gun's seing that they were fully loaded and moved to the spot McTaggart was refrencing for the tunnel "Ok, I'd like to hold up the rear once were in, I don't necessarily have to look where I'm firing, and keeping the fact that some of us have offensive mutant powers under wraps might give us an element for suprise later."


    Tag: GJ, Others.
  23. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 5, 2006
    star 5
    OOC: Sorry for the DP but i noticed this after the edit time was up, it should have been that he threw the Pulse Rifle into his bag, not just threw it.
  24. Teegirloo Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 26, 2005
    star 6
    Jaya Marx (RavenHawk)


      Grand Central Station, Booth T-A27655


      Jaya paid little attention to the noise around her, she focused closely on the small screen in front of her. She couldn?t afford to miss any information just in case she had to leave in a hurry. From the sounds around her, she guessed that was exactly what she may have to do.

      [The route necessary to reach the underground camp has been downloaded to your cellular phone. Please follow the path without deviation. Mental attempts to contact an academy telepath is strongly suggested once you have entered the underground maze of tunnels.

      This transmission will end in 10 seconds. If you wish to view this information again, please swipe your ID card now.]

      She didn?t need to view the info again. She did wonder if she could actually contact a telepath. She had only the ability to interact with animals through telepathy. She pulled out her cell phone, but then decided against looking at the route to the underground camp. She realized that the people around her were trying to look at their own phones with no success.

      She quietly put her phone back in her pocket then pretended to follow the crowd and look as if she was blending in with them. Whatever the excitement was Jaya had no real intention to find out what it was. She knew that if she stood around, she would probably lose the opportunity to actually slip by and proceed to the underground tunnel.

      Creeping away quietly she took out her cell phone and viewed the downloaded contents of the route. Then cautiously proceeded toward the direction that she viewed. Her mind was trying to find ways on how to attempt to contact a mutant. It still baffled her on how she was going to do it. Finally she just gave up and cleared her mind.

      ?Can someone here me?..I was told to contact an academy telepath.?

      ?Oh this will never work how can someone hear me. They aren?t even close to me.?


      She thought to herself as she continued walking in the dark tunnel.



    TAG: GreyJedi
  25. Schoolgirl_Bounty Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 25, 2005
    star 2
    Alice Sota- Tetsuo/ Malice

    From the spot where Alice stood, leaning against the wall, she could see most of the otehr students in the tunnels. Some were standing around, others were running. Her mind wantered back to something that happened earlier that day.

    Her best friend, Jack, had proposed to her.

    Many thoughts had run through her mind at that moment...
    ' You're only Nineteen, it's too early for this.'
    'Jack has always been there, and you know he always will be...'
    'I never knew he cared that much... or that deeply.'

    In that moment, for one of the few times in her life, Alice choked.

    "Jack... I can't..." she had shaken her head, trying not to see the hurt look in her eyes. "You're already a weakness to me..."

    The next part of her answer came out more harsh than she intended it to... and she could barely hold back her tears. "Jack, because of everything, I think it would be best if you kept your distance... It kills me to think that I was the one who threw you though that window..."

    Hawk was called away before Jack could say anything...

    Were those tears he wiped away as he turned his back on her?

    That was a while ago... and now, here she stood, conversing with her demon again...

    You know you'll do it again... And I hope you know that you hurt him more back there, than you did when you threw him through the window. You broke his little, metal heart.

    God, do you EVER shut up?

    Nope, you'd get lonely without me. Mommy is in the asylum, you never knew who your father was, and, let's face it... After what you just did to sweet, kind Jack, if it wasn't for me, you'd be alone forever. Why not just give in?

    Because I don't like you...

    Oh, don't lie... You do... you like the power that I give you... You like how easily you can control it. Tetsuo, you enjoy knowing that you ripped that machine apart with just a wave of your hand.

    Stop it...

    You and I are alike... I've said it before...

    Stop...

    You need me, you need the power I can give you. You need it to survive.

    No, I don't need you...

    Oh, stop lying to us... I'm here, in your mind. I know you. I know what's going on in your head. Part of you knows that you do, while the other is trying to resist. I won't harm you, you know that... And you told Jack to stay out of our way, so he is safe...

    What is that supposed to mean?

    All in good time, my puppet... You know how much more I can give to you, why not just let me help?

    I don't need this...

    Yes, while you might not feel like you need it, you know you want my power... The power to save everyone here... The regestration act is well underway, and you're stuck hiding in caves and tunnels... Why is that? You shouldn't be afraid of them... You're a mutant, you're stronger, better. You can do things that no normal human can. Just give in.

    ... We shouldn't have to hide... We are better...

    Yes, my puppet, that's it... Open up to me...

    ... Mutants shouldn't be afraid of normal humans...

    That's it... Let me in...

    I need the power to protect Jack... To keep everyone here safe...

    He might be out there right now, putting himself in danger, we have to work quickly. Open up, let me in... Let me take over for you.



    The sound of someone clearing his throat brought Alice's eyes back into focus, and took them from a frosted white, back to their brilliant blue. Her hair remained white, and still fell around her hips, though.

    "Xavier? What's up?" Alice looked at him, not knowing that he had been standing there silently for a few minutes.

    TAG- GJ, anyone in the tunnels
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.