main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Xesh Files 1x02: Shades of Grey (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ty-gon Jinn, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    The Xesh-Files
    Episode 1x02: Shades of Grey
    By Ty-gon Jinn

[image=http://home.swbell.net/whetston/untitled.jpg]

Timeframe: A week or so after the pilot
    Rating: PG for suggested dramatic violence and a small bit of language
    Characters: O/Cs, featuring some canon characters in warped roles
    Genre: Drama, some dark humor
    Keywords: O/Cs, Dark Jedi Conspiracy
    Summary: A member of the Jedi Order involved in the great Dark-Jedi cover-up steps forward to give Dawnsailer a little advice, leading the agents to a break in another case by giving them information erased from the Archives...
    Notes: Episode 2 in a series, so it?s starting to get a little more original? ;)
    Spoilers: Assuming everyone's seen the Star Wars movies, none (X-Files spoilers don?t exactly apply since they?re not exactly the same characters).
    Connections: The character of Nekia Eyaf was created for a round robin started by Neon Star (?Rising Shadows?) that went belly-up really quickly. She can also be found in my Shadows of Conflict short story And Blessings, Curses Say.
    Disclaimer: I'm just writing this story for fun, and I have no intention of making money off of it. Star Wars, the Jedi, and other things that sound familiar from the movies or "Expanded Universe" books are property of George Lucas and Lucasfilm LTD. Plotlines and some scenes were heavily influenced by The X-Files and original characters have been developed according to the archetypes established therein. The X-Files are the property of Chris Carter and Ten Thirteen Productions. If a name or event sounds familiar from here on the TF.N boards, then it was probably inspired by another fanfic and is therefore property of its respective author.
    Warning: I haven?t read any of the EU, so if anything I write contradicts it, we?ll call it AU.
    Special Thanks: Knight_Dilettante, Mistress_Renata and Jane Jinn, and Casper_Knightshade, as usual?

1x01 The Xesh-Files (Pilot)

2. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    DROID FOUNDRY, GEONOSIS

The droid, a Trade Federation Battle Droid model, stood at a console of a control terminal, watching the robotic systems pouring out metal into the casing molds, casting more droids.

A warning light flashed on the console, and the droid?s head swiveled past it. One of the other monitors was unattended.

?Watch this,? the droid instructed another just like it.

?Roger, roger,? the second droid replied, and the first shuffled off, toward the unattended monitor.

It was rare to see a monitor left unattended, but it did happen from time to time. The monitor in question was operated not by a droid, but by a Geonosian, a former technician for a Republic Technology Agency. He had returned from Coruscant unexpectedly, but the droid foundries were eager to have him in their employ. Nevertheless, most of the jobs were taken by droids, so he had been relegated to monitor-watching most of the time.

The droid switched its vocal software to speak in a Geonosian tongue, then called out for the being as it approached the monitor.

There was no response, so the droid called out again.

Something brushed by its side, and three pale humans in dark jackets ran past the droid.

The droid switched its software back to Basic, and tried to get its vocal servos to register contempt. ?What is going on here??

The humans ignored the droid, and stormed past it into a dark alcove. ?Dr. Vosell!? one of them called. ?You?ll have to come with us!?

The droid looked into the alcove, and its visual scans registered the Geonosian, curled on the floor with his wings under him, babbling like a simpleton. No language could make sense of the doctor?s whimpering. The humans, whose jackets were stamped with the insignia of the Republic Military Authority, moved quickly and hurriedly to drag the squirming doctor away. That did not make sense to the droid; the Republic Military Authority existed only to back up the better-equipped and better-staffed Jedi, and to see them act alone, and on a small matter, was enough to cause a blowout in circuitry. The Geonosian doctor continued to squirm and whimper, beating its wings uselessly as he was dragged away.

?There?s nothing to see here,? one of the humans, a woman, said to the droid. ?Go back to your post.?

A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY?

3. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE?

DEX?S DINER
    COCO TOWN, CORUSCANT
    36 HOURS LATER

A droid wiping the counter shot a look toward the door as a short, redheaded woman looked into the diner. ?I?m looking for Mott Dawnsailer?? she asked, and the waitress-droid pointed toward a booth where a man sat looking over a se of datapads and a cup of ardees. ?Thanks,? Katha Amani said, and walked over to the booth.

?Well, this is a charming little establishment,? Amani said as she slid in across from Dawnsailer.

?Sorry to end up meeting you here, Amani. I?ve already been approved for travel expenses, so heading back to the office would only make things more complicated.?

?Another Sith Resurrection conspiracy?? Amani asked, smiling as the droid brought her a cup of caff.

?Hardly, Amani. Actually, I got a call from the planet of Geonosis. According to my contact, one Dr. Vosell had some sort of psychological breakdown right as agents of the Republic Military Authority came in and hauled him away.?

?We?re looking for a scientist? That?s hardly a Xesh File.?

Dawnsailer smiled. ?There is a twist, Amani. Vosell was returned to his home only two days later, but there are several people who are saying that it?s not really him. Even the droids who work with him say he?s not the same person.?

?Can his identity be verified genetically?? Amani asked, stirring her caff to cool it off.

?They can, but we?ll have to go to Geonosis to make a ruling. The planet?s Archduke, Poggle the Great, won?t release any test results to the Guardsmen.?

?It?s kind of hard to believe,? Amani said. ?The Republic Military Authority?? She rolled her eyes, and Dawnsailer sighed. ?Come on, Mott?? Dawnsailer laughed. ?What??

?I?m sorry. It?s just? I even made my parents call me Dawnsailer. Who would really name a kid ?Mott???

?You?re serious??

?Well, maybe not about my parents.? Amani laughed as Dawnsailer paused. ?But, yeah, I?m going to Geonosis.?

?I take it I?m coming with you??

?I got your expenses approved, too, so I would hope so,? Dawnsailer said. ?Hey, stay here a bit. I?ll be right back. I have to head over to the Little Guardsmen?s Room.?

4. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    The door slid shut behind Dawnsailer, who was wiping his hands on his shirt; the sonic dryers in public freshers never worked.

?Agent Dawnsailer?? asked a voice.

Dawnsailer looked around, but was having a hard time placing the voice?s owner.

?Right here,? the voice said again, and he noticed a human woman sitting at the counter. She was Amani?s height and build, with blonde hair, and was perhaps twenty years older than himself. ?Word?s been going around about a search you did at the Jedi Archive.?

Dawnsailer dropped onto the chair next to her. ?Listen, I?m a Republic Guardsman. Given that the Archive is the greatest information resource in the galaxy, it?s made available on consultation to law enforcement agencies.?

?I know that, Agent Dawnsailer,? the woman said, smirking as she stirred a cup of ardees. She never looked directly at him, but continued to stare straight ahead. ?It was the object for which you were searching that was catching attention.?

?Are you a Jedi?? Dawnsailer asked, eyeballing the woman.

?It?s not every day someone actually looks for a mythical place like Cantaspher, Agent Dawnsailer.?

Dawnsailer just stared, not knowing what to say.

?Do you want my advice? You know this Geonosian case? Let it go. It?ll only attract more attention to yourself.?

Dawnsailer opened his mouth, but couldn?t think of what to say.

?Your partner will be waiting, Agent Dawnsailer.?

5. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Hee hee hee hee. Oh goodie. I dunno if I'm going to be able to catch each segment though. The kid is starting to be a problem. Still, I love it and I will be back.

The little guardsman's room was very Mulderesque.

KD

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm enjoying it, too, even though I can't begin to figure out what's going on. And though I'd never thought I'd say this... post more slowly! It's hard to get through three good-size chunks in between everything else!

I liked the little Guardsman's room; I'm dying to find out who the mysterious blonde is, and just what are the Republic Military Authority up to, anyway...? *Goes into suspicion mode*

7. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    KD: Don't worry about catching everything. ;) It'll wait for you.

Renata: More slowly? Really? Well, I can do that. I'm glad you like it... hopefully, we'll figure out MOST of what's going on.

8. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    ROYAL HIVE, GEONOSIS
    20 HOURS LATER

?We were hoping to speak to someone in charge of the records??

?Yes, I am aware of that,? the shiny silver protocol droid said, not even bothering to look at Amani as she led the agents into the conference room. ?Duke Poggle will be with you shortly.?

?The archduke is coming to meet with us?? Dawnsailer asked, a bit surprised.

?No, not the Archduke. Duke Poggle the Lesser, though he is next in line for the archduchy, if you should find that exciting,? the droid said in its unenthusiastic monotone.

A door slid open on the other side of the room as Amani and Dawnsailer sat down at the conference table, and three beings flew in the other side on buzzing, insectoid wings. Poggle the Lesser dropped into a chair facing the agents, and the others dropped to standing crouched behind him; they were guards.

?Thank you for seeing us, Duke,? Amani said, pulling out a datapad.

The duke said something in the Geonosian tongue, and the droid offered as translation, ?It is no trouble; anything to help the authorities.?

?I was under the impression that Geonosis had supported every separatist movement of the last century,? Dawnsailer suggested.

?We may have political idealists,? the droid translated the Geonosian?s furious reply, ?but we are no friend of anarchy. While we inhabit the Republic, we will not stand in the way of its lawmen trying to help our citizens.?

?Then perhaps you could tell us about this man,? Amani said, sliding a holocard across the table. As Poggle picked it up, it displayed the scientist. ?His name is Doctor ar-Nahxx !tali Vosell.?

Dawnsailer stared at Amani, a smile on his face, as she finished her perfectly executed pronunciation of the Geonosian name.

The droid listened to the duke?s speech, then translated, ?You would probably be better equipped than I. He served as project manager for a Republic technology agency for years before returning to Geonosis, and, as of three days ago, was briefly in Republic custody, as I recall.?

?There is some question as to the identity of the man who was returned the next morning,? Dawnsailer pointed out.

?I do not understand what the family is trying to do by denying his identity,? the droid translated, matching Poggle the Lesser?s gestures movement for movement, if a bit stiffly, ?nor do I even want to know what the Republic Military Authority wanted with him, but I can assure you that the ar-Nahxx Vosell who was returned to his family yesterday is the same ar-Nahxx Vosell that has worked in our droid foundry for two years; genetic records confirm it.?

9. Flask

Flask Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 22, 2000
    I'm enjoying reading this. ;) Keep up the good work!

10. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks, Flask. :) Wow... a brand new reader!

As it is, I'm still working on getting things off the ground, so it's still geared around early X-Files scenes. Next week's is going to be my first standalone episode, so I'm going to get into some weird, original randomness. ;)

11. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    VOSELL RESIDENCE
    30 STANDARD MINUTES LATER

?Do these buildings remind you of anything, Agent Amani??

As they stood out in the hall, waiting for an answer from the other side of the apartment door, Amani looked at Dawnsailer curiously. ?Should they??

?They look like the mounds that insects build out of dung on that planet Sahaara to me,? Dawnsailer said, sneaking an ardeberry seed from his pocket between his teeth.

?I wouldn?t put it that way in front of the Vosells,? Amani said, rolling her eyes.

At that moment, the door slid open, and a Geonosian pulled it back enough to flutter around and look out. She said something in Geonosian, then shook her head and said in stilted, heavily accented Basic, ?Can I help you??

?My name is Agent Amani, ma?am, and this is Agent Dawnsailer, of the Republic Guardsmen. You called our office about your husband??

?Yes, yes, come in,? she said. ?Have you found him??

?According to genetic records, ma?am,? Dawnsailer said, ?your husband was returned to you by the Republic Military Authority yesterday morning.?

The Geonosian woman shook her head. ?It looks like him. It sounds like him. It smells like him. But he does not act like my husband.? She fluttered over to another doorway, and waved the agents over to look through. Another Geonosian was lying in bed, watching a HoloNet program. ?ar-Nahxx hated being taken care of,? the woman said, ?And he could not stand to sit still.?

?Perhaps whatever happened was somehow traumatizing,? Amani suggested. ?He could just need a few days of rest to recover.?

?That?s what I thought yesterday,? the woman said. ?But it?s as if all his man.. manner??

?Mannerisms?? Dawnsailer suggested.

?Yes, mannerisms. They?ve disappeared. Even the droids from the foundry did not recognize him.?

?I wonder if the involvement with the Republic Military Authority has anything to do with his work for the technology agency.?

?I?m sure it does,? the woman said, ?but I?m afraid I couldn?t tell you what that is.?

?Is there any place to find out?? Amani asked, but the woman shook her head.

12. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    ?I?m just saying, Amani, that we?ve only been working together for a week or so now, and we?ve already seen attempts at memory wiping in sentients.?

?Yes, but by the Republic Military Authority? I think you?ve been reading too many crime novels. This is farfetched even for Spooky Dawnsailer.?

The two agents sat in a large, cave-like room that served drinks in abundance and also a few pastries; both had opted for a simple cup of caff, not wanting to draw more attention to themselves than necessary as the only humans, seemingly, in town.

?Yes, but if he had been doing something for the Republic that the government doesn?t want mentioned, they could just shoot the guy full of LiquidX and take advantage of his knowledge without letting him remember a thing.?

?So why kidnap him??

?Maybe they needed an expert to help transport whatever he developed. Maybe they just forgot to wipe him when he left.?

?You sound really paranoid, Dawnsailer. Personally, I?d prefer to trust that Chancellor Valorum really does have the galactic interest at heart.?

?Who said anything about Finis Valorum??

?Well, you said it was a government coverup??

?Yes, but not Valorum. I meant the shadow government, the faction that reaches into every branch of the Republic, looking to set itself up one day.?

?The phantom menace lurking on our own world??

?Something like that,? Dawnsailer chuckled. ?Now, Mrs. Vosell gave us that list of other scientists this has happened to???

It was at that moment that two Twi?leks ran up to the agents, both dull green-white in color. ?I?m sorry,? the first asked, ?are you Republic agents??

Dawnsailer nodded, and flashed his badge.

The second Twi?lek slapped her friend upside the back of his head. ?I told you!? Blowing by him, she leaned over the table. ?Listen, we?ve been living here in these cramped hives for two years now, and we?ve always gotten along with these people, but two days ago, they pull up these big loads of cargo, and they?re moving it around at all hours of the night, and I know this isn?t exactly your field, but I need a Republic official to shut them up, do you think you could help??

Dawnsailer shot a look at Amani. ?I think I said something about transport??

?Fine,? Amani said. ?Go. Have fun. I?ll interview the others.?

(Unfortunately, this won't quite be a true Alderaanian All-Nighter, as I have to go for now, but rest assured it will be finished tomorrow!!

TBC...

13. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    That's okay. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if you spaced them out over 2-3 days. That would make them easier to read. And I must say they're coming along fantastically. I like the banter and the X-files 'feel' that you've managed to build here.

14. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Lilith: Thanks. :) It's actually pretty hard to get the "feel" right. I'm glad you like it.

15. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    DIL SEVRUGA RESIDENCE, GEONOSIS

?See?? the woman yelled as the Twi?leks pulled Dawnsailer into their apartment. She gestured wildly toward the window, where a massive transport was parked right outside. ?It?s a monstrosity, and it?s been parked there for the longest time, and every night, they move crap around in there, and it must be full of transparisteel from the terrible noise.?

Dawnsailer tried to see the building on the other side. ?It?s a Republic Government Shipping transport,? he muttered. ?You know, if you didn?t want noise like that, maybe you shouldn?t have moved in next to a GalactiCo shipping company outpost.?

?Government shipping?? the male Twi?lek groaned. ?What do you think they?re transporting? Weapons? Materials for bunkers??

?The Republic?? Dawnsailer scoffed. ?Tax reform bills, more likely. I think every planet wants its own; the flimsiplast has to be thrown out somewhere.?

?Sure doesn?t sound like flimsiplast as two in the morning,? the woman snapped.

?They only work in the middle of the night?? Dawnsailer asked.

?I think so,? the woman sighed. ?At least, it seems that way. Nobody?s there now.?

?Can you get me down to that alley??

16. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    DOCTOR FAA?K?LA BODDLE RESIDENCE

?No, I?m sorry,? the Geonosian said in the same heavily accented Basic Amani had gotten used to. ?You must have the wrong apartment.?

?Your husband is the Faa?k?la Boddle that worked for the Republic Technology Agency??

?Yes, but he?s not here now. And I have no idea what this Mrs. Vosell is saying; I?ve never met anyone with that name.?

?But your husband was contacted by the Republic Military Authority??

?No, I?m sorry,? the Geonosian said brusquely, and the door slid shut in front of Amani?s face.

DOCTOR G?TANA LOBBA RESIDENCE

?I?m afraid Mrs. Vosell must be mistaken. There is nothing wrong with G?tana,? a droid just inside the door relayed after translation.

?If you would just allow me to come inside,? Amani began.

?I see no reason for that.?

?I?m a Republic agent??

?And so was my husband. Please, just allow me to return to my work.? Another door slammed on Amani.

DOCTOR JIK!TA PODDO RESIDENCE

?Please, go away. Jik!ta does not want to speak to anyone.?

?I?m only asking for a moment of your time,? Amani stuttered, but the woman flapping on the other side rolled her eyes.

?You Republic agents must leave us alone! He told you everything! Now go away!?

DOCTOR ZAT?K CHADDA RESIDENCE

Hovering on the other side of the door, Dr. Chadda?s wife flapped her wings in silence, just staring at Amani. Amani tried peering inside the apartment, but the Geonosian blocked her view, shifting back and forth as Amani moved her head, keeping the interior out of sight.

?I just want to speak to your husband for just a second, pertaining to an investigation,? she said.

The door slid shut in her face without a word from Mrs. Chadda.

DOCTOR AR-NAHXX VOSELL RESIDENCE

?They all denied you access?? Mrs. Vosell gasped, her guttural voice rasping.

?They claimed never to have heard your name before.?

?That?s impossible,? Mrs. Vosell said. ?All their husbands are in the same state as mine. We all met at Technology Agency symposiums.?

?What, then? Someone convinced them not to talk??

The Geonosian shook her head, not knowing what was happening.

17. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm with the Twi'lek lady. I don't know why they decide to empty our dumpsters in the wee hours...

Very suspicious, all kinds of ideas are running through my head. Those wives must be terrified of something...

More slowly, I say. No problem, he says. Then he puts up FIVE posts. Sigh...

18. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Awww, Renata, it's still a LOT shorter than last week's episode. :)

Not much left for this one... stay tuned...

19. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    REPUBLIC GOVERNMENT SHIPPING TRANSPORT
    BEHIND THE SEVRUGA RESIDENCE
    DUSK

Agent Dawnsailer crept along the bottom of the transport craft, looking up and down its surface. The primary loading doors had been shut tight, but it seemed there would be a secondary pilot?s ramp somewhere.

As he looked up, he found it, and, with a gentle tug, he felt it come down.

He started climbing up the ramp, and looked back and forth, trying to see what was inside the craft. He pulled the ramp back up behind him, and grabbed a small flashlight.

Turning around, he nearly bumped into a wall, and felt his way to a control panel. It didn?t seem to require a passcode, and he was able to open the door with the push of a button. He stepped through the opening, and began shining the light around. A glint caught his eye, and he stepped forward, picking up a small transparisteel cylinder.

He turned it around in his hand, and read the word ?Spaarti? off of the small imprint stamp on it. ?What the smeck is that?? he mumbled to himself.

Shining the flashlight on the rest of the room, he saw dozens more of the cylinders lining the walls, installed into large, complicated-looking devices that seemed meant to organize and monitor the cylinders and their contents.

Still mumbling to himself, he observed a few things. ?It?s Republic technology, but given the obvious display of mass-production, I?m guessing it?s what the Geonosians were working on.? He looked at a bank of monitors hastily shoved in between two wheels. ?It seems to be medical technology; not necessarily a new breakthrough, but perhaps resources on a broad, mass-produced scale for someone who already has the needed procedures.?

He stepped over to another control panel, and started browsing through the ship?s computer. ?Let?s see where this bucket of bolts is headed.?

Behind him, a fluttering sound seemed to announce the presence of a winged alien, but when Dawnsailer turned around, there was nothing there.

The ship beeped a response, and Dawnsailer looked at the readout. ?Kamino? I wonder where that is.?

A Geonosian detached himself from the wall, and Dawnsailer heard the sound of the wings only too late, when the cylinder made contact with his head and he could feel himself slumping to the floor.

20. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    DOCTOR AR-NAHXX VOSELL RESIDENCE
    THE NEXT MORNING

?Are you sure you feel okay?? Amani asked, as Dawnsailer rubbed the back of his head and she knocked on the door.

?It still hurts,? Dawnsailer said. ?Of course, not so much as falling into a nest of gundarks, but the little rat didn?t pull my ears, either.?

?You said you were looking in a government transport??

?Yeah, full of transparisteel cylinders.?

?There was no craft when I found you there, Dawnsailer. Whoever it was left town this morning.? Amani knocked again.

?Well, at least the Twi?leks will be happy without the noise problem.?

The door slid open, and Mrs. Vosell looked out to find the agents standing there.

?Can we come in, Mrs. Vosell?? Dawnsailer asked.

?I?m sorry, not right now?? Vosell answered. ?I?m afraid I don?t have time.?

?Is everything all right, ma?am?? Amani asked.

?Yes, yes, fine. Everything?s fine. I want to call off the investigation,? she said curtly.

?Call it off? Why?? Dawnsailer sputtered.

?This is exactly what the other scientists? wives did,? Amani said. ?Please, let us in, just to talk about that.?

?I?m sorry. Please, just go away.?

?Who got to you?? Dawnsailer shouted as the door slid shut. ?They got to her, Amani! Whoever was transporting whatever the heck that was has tried to wipe it from her husband?s mind, and now they?ve shut her up about it!?

?I know they have, Dawnsailer,? Amani sighed. ?That means the investigation?s over.?

21. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    REPUBLIC GUARDSMEN ATHLETIC FACILITY, CORUSCANT

Dawnsailer jogged along a track, waving to the droid monitoring the distance he had gone. Sweat was dripping down his back, and he wiped his forehead with his arm. He stopped to take a quick breath, and suddenly, he felt something pressing against the bruise on the back of his head.

?Ow! Oh, Force, what are you thinking?? he yelled, jumping away, and looked up to see the older blonde lady from Dex?s Diner.

?Didn?t I tell you to stay away from the case?? she asked. ?That?s got to be tender.?

?How did you know about it in the first place?? Dawnsailer panted.

?Patience, Agent Dawnsailer. Tell me, where was the transport going? Any place you could find in the Jedi Archive??

?No. Kamino?s not in the Archive.? Dawnsailer wiped his forehead again as he looked curiously at her. ?How did you know that??

?There are eyes all over the Archive, but things have still been slipped out under them. Someone within the Jedi Order could delete records; none are destroyed. Information is still retained.? The woman held out a small datacube. ?This should give you a starting point for some of the things you may encounter. You won?t find any of them in the Archive.?

?Why are you doing this??

?Agent Dawnsailer, some things are kept secret to avoid panic in the populace. Some things are covered up within the Jedi Order only for the good of the galaxy. Rest assured that there are those of us with the order who want the same things you do.? She smiled. ?We?re rooting for you to succeed.?

Dawnsailer grabbed the datacube, and held it up to study it. When he looked up, the woman was gone.

REPUBLIC SENATE HALL, ADMINISTRATION OFFICES, SUB-LEVEL 326

A well-manicured hand traced over the surface of a drawer, and a deep voice resounded precisely, ?This is it.?

The Cloaked and Shrouded Man turned to the well-manicured Jedi who stood there. ?Thank you, Master Jedi.? He pulled out a small recorded, and played a clip of the blonde lady?s voice. ?Nekia Eyaf,? the voice identified itself.

The drawer slid open, revealing an empty space. ?You?re sure she made copies??

?I am most certain. Perhaps she has it on her person.?

?No,? the cloaked man said, ?she probably gave it to someone else.?

?Should I follow her, then?? the Jedi asked.

?No, no,? the cloaked man sighed. ?I will have my own operative Maul follow her.?

The drawer slid shut, and both men began walking away.

22. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Hm, at least we know who to point fingers at. The question is, does Nekia suspect ONE Jedi, or does she think there's a broader conspiracy? And I get the feeling she won't be around long enough for us to ask her.

Had to laugh; Amani doesn't know her partner very well yet, does she? There are some people to whom the words, "no, stop" are only encouragement...

Another piece of the puzzle falls into place...

Ready for Episode 3, TG -- but try to keep it to 2 or 3 posts per; it's just too easy to fall behind. :)

23. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Ah, you see how cool Episode Two could be from an X-Files perspective? :D

A delightful story; short, yet it connects to what is surely coming up very, very soon.

FORWARD!

24. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Renata: Well, Nekia does KNOW quite a bit more than she lets on... however, the extent of the Sith may not be clear to even her. :)

Casper: That's the fun part... how many twists and turns were going into Episode 2 even by the time Episode 1 takes place? This is going to be a rather wide mytharc... I have three full seasons planned out, and season 3 will have to be posted to the Saga board... ;)

25. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Oooh a CSM and now a well-manicured Jedi! (time to go hunting out the X-Files DVDs) Now, who could they be? 8-} Not to mention the woman who might or might not also be a Jedi. Curiouser and curiouser.

I am sorry I didn't get to comment during the commercial breaks but I had to tape this episode thanks to DRL.

Lovely.

Can't wait for next week's installment.

KD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.