main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The YJK Fan Cartoon: Auditions Now! (Inquire Within)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Boba_Bunny_123, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Hey everyone, I'm alive! As for my old computer...

Anyone, time to get crackin'. RP, you have to send that file just one more time, I swear. Moonstar, how's that trailer coming along? How about the music and the opening, Alman? I'll be back in touch soon.

Boba

2. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    *does that Dr. Zoidberg in heat face, you know the one where he totally flips out in the gym (though I assure I am not ;) )*

BLARGH!!!!!!!!

I swear this will be the end of me. Everythings coming along really really slow.

I'm about ready to drag my friend into this at least to help with character designs, and to give me the software i've been waiting for that someone else has failed to deliever.
    Maybe if Mazzic actually makes it out to Cali I can colaborate with him. But on with the show.

3. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    Well, if I had a scanner, I'd offer to do some character designs. But I don't...

I'm going to look for some animation software and see if there's anything that suits our needs (and if it's freeware, then all the better! ;))

Boba

4. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I finished the music I was writing for the trailer. The animators have it now. It's on their shoulders. *Glares at animators* :p

5. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Fett, you need to get the word crawl text done so Nikajeboo can do the crawl itself.

6. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    Stop glaring.

It makes me paranoid. 8-}

7. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    Alman, the word crawl is the first part of the script. The one that looks borrowed from the back of the YJK books...

8. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    There's gonna have to be more to the crawl than that. As it is, there is not enough text to take up the entirety of the main intro.

9. Sithwitch_13

Sithwitch_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    Just wondering, do y'all still need help? art or anything? This sounds like an interesting project... k, thanks!

edit: Do y'all still need voice actors? (or more specifically, actresses...)

10. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    Yes art! All ways lookin for help with art. :D

11. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    You're right...I'm not good at crawls, either. *spots Sithwitch* Sithwitch, would you mind writing a crawl? And yeah, we need help with everything you mentioned.

12. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    OK, crawl time. Alman, this is most likely crap, so PLEASE feel free to edit it as you see fit.

------------------------------------

STAR WARS

The Young Jedi Knights

After the Empire, they were born--a new hope for a New Republic. The twin children of Han and Leia Organa Solo, Jacen and Jaina, have just arrived at their uncle Luke's Jedi academy on Yavin 4, along with their parents.

But before long, Luke and his wife, Mara, find that the twins have been kidnapped. Now, the older Jedi must chase the kidnappers across the galaxy, searching to find the young trainees.

The purpose, however, for the kidnapping is far deeper than even Luke can sense at first, and what the Jedi Masters fail to see may later come back to haunt them...

13. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    doesn't have the feel of a star wars crawl... there is nothing wrong with what you wrote, it just doesn't feel like star wars... here's my edit... a simple edit...

STAR WARS

The Young Jedi Knights

The destruction of the empire brought a new hope for a NEW REPUBLIC. JACEN and JAINA, the twin children of Han and Leia Organa Solo, are attending LUKE SKYWALKER'S JEDI ACADEMY. *

Luke and his wife, Mara, find that the twins have been kidnapped. The older Jedi chase the kidnappers across the galaxy, searching to find the young trainees.

The purpose for the kidnapping runs far deeper than Luke can sense, and what the Jedi Masters fail to see may later come back to haunt them... \\\

* changed your tense because you can't say, that they will be doing something in one paragraph, and in the next jump right into a time when they are already doing that.

Cya
    Mike

14. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    And here is my version.

STAR WARS

YOUNG JEDI KNIGHTS

It is a period of hope for the fledgling NEW REPUBLIC. The forces of the GALACTIC EMPIRE have been finally defeated. JACEN and JAINA, the twin children of HAN and LEIA ORGANA SOLO, are attending LUKE SKYWALKER'S JEDI ACADEMY on YAVIN FOUR.

However, a dark force still exists in the galaxy. The twin JEDI TRAINEES are kidnapped by unkown enemies. The older JEDI chase the kidnappers across the galaxy, searching to find the two young JEDI.

However, the motives for this kidnapping are far more heinous than the JEDI MASTERS know. The JEDI are caught up in a battle not only for their lives, but for the galaxy itself...

One question, though. This crawl just summarizes the storyline of the cartoon. It's supposed to just set up for the opening of it.

15. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    I noticed that, as well, but there is a major problem; the cartoon is already[/y] setting up the YJK. There's not enough to open with without summarizing the cartoon. If our cartoon is the beginning of a story, why should we tell the audience about something completely unrelated to anything going on in the YJK? Just some thoughts.

And, thank you both for your edits, they are both very good. However, if we keep them the way they are, then of course we need to keep just one. And, barring further change, it's my personal opinion that Alman's is just more...Star Wars-y. Everyone else, chime in with your opinions, please!

Boba

16. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    almans is better, but i think however shouldn't be used twice in the beginning of a paragraph... sounds funny.

Just chiming in... don't really care at all actually which way it goes.

Cya
    Mike

oh yeah, and my purpose was to make as little aesthic changes as possible... while i like the wording in almans better, it's alot different from yours, same ideas, very different words... plus, as far as i know, the "haunt" line could have a double meaning, and if so, shouldn't be edited out.

Later

17. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    While the animation team is hard at work *glares*, just wanted to let you know that I will be starting an Heirs of the Force script. It's early, I know, but if we ever finish this product and decide to keep going, it'll be nice to be prepared, instead of wasting the time we did with this cartoon.

18. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    OK, I lied about the Heirs of the Force script, in light of some bad news I've received. Ra has to go to school, so she can no longer fulfill the roll of Tamith Kai.

We NEED voice actors, desperately. I have only received dialouge from Lukesfilm, for the role of EMPEROR PALPATINE. That leaves a lot of spaces, and a lot of people have come in here and expressed interest. If you want to help, I have to ask you to actually do something; record a few lines, do some character designs, ANYTHING! I would hate to see this cartoon fall by the wayside.

I really don't mean to sound pushy; I suppose I'm just frustrated at losing a cast member. Anyway, if ya'll know people that want to help out, PLEASE, get them here! We need all the help we can get.

Boba

19. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    What roles are still open? And do you guys have website? I wanna see what kind of stuff you have completed?

Also, how does this tie into the Official Star Wars EU? Whenin the timeline does it take place?

How many episodes are there going to be? Do you accept scripts for episodes?

I don't know just curious.

20. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    All roles are open, except Emperor Palpatine. Send a voice file to mayitakeyourhatsir@hotmail.com and I'll give you my decision.

We don't have a website--yet. But I'm working on it. And all we have right now is a few of Moonstar's drawings, the script, and the crawl. Hopefully, the trailer will be done soon. *glares*

And no, we are not accepting scripts.

Boba

21. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    And the trailer music/opening that I wrote...

22. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    Yes, that too. Moonstar, how is the trailer coming along, if at all?

23. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
  24. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    i Have alot of acting experience in school plays in such i would love to do it

25. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    OK. What I need you to do is pick a character, and record some of that character's lines. E-mail it to me at mayitakeyourhatsir@hotmail.com, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Make sure it's in .mp3 format.

Thanks for your interest. We all get excited when we have potential cast members.

Boba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.