main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Yoda Arc (6.10-6.13) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 5, 2014.

1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    lol I think they made sure to make him still moving after being electrocuted, along with the other clones.

Loved the cameo they gave Rex though, it was obviously a vision the second it started with only Rex, 4 clones and Anakin attacking this place and Yoda having clean clothes. Just neat seeing Anakin and Yoda v.s Sideous for about 12 seconds.

2. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Near the end of the episode of the last of the arc, I though I heard the sound that Vader makes.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    you did.

P.S how did yoda know about Bane.

4. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Man that was the most emotionally satisfying thing to come out of Star Wars ever. I don't even know what to say except its been an amazing ride.

Also just watching the last episode "Beyond Life and Death" of Twin Peaks and watching these three spiritual episodes of The Clone Wars has made me rethink my whole life

5. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Just finished watching the Yoda arc. Simply epic. Its amazing how far the show has come over the years and this finale was definitely a fitting send off. I wonder how many elements from these episodes will make their way into the new movies?

V-2, Trebor Sabreon and RavagerFish like this.
  6. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    I loved it.

1. I finally get to see Yoda, aka Jedi Jesus, aka Incorruptible Wise Smarmy Little Troll show some vulnerability and weakness. We get to see that he's wrong about something or once.

2. Ahsoka's scene made me bark out a laugh at the unintentionally hilarious way she said "...The Sith!" That line is so flippant and condescending. Rest was good though. Although "failed I have" made me cringe.

3. Yoda's backwards grammar is a huge detriment to the dramatic scenes; maybe he should start speaking normally to highlight that the silliness is gone. Off, it pisses me!

4. The "ideal Jedi Temple" scene was sad and terrifying, with the what-if fantasy where Sidious never existed and the Jedi were a happy family. Then the angry glares from beloved characters came.

Seriously, it was hilarious imagining Yoda doing this every time they try to have a boring group photo.

"Master Yoda, please just take the picture, then we can all go-"
    "NO! DEAD YOU ALL ARE! TRAITORS!"

Smile! Say Execute ORDER 66!

Let's hope they bring this A-game to Rebels.

7. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    These episodes have also shown how TCW has evolved from its original kid friendly environment to a show that presents dark/adult things in it.

I was surprised in that clovis episode when they showed that maiden getting assassinated, and of course there was many other dark moments throughout the entire "lost missions".

TCW sure has gone a long way since season 1.

Now i wonder how Rebels will deal with not so kid friendly stuff.

8. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008

She should have just said

"Anakin"

that way the writers would troll us by making us wonder why Yoda did not stop Vader from ever happening.

Of course I wonder if Yoda really known for sure that there is threat to the Jedi that will come from within, and not be from Dooku or Sidious, since he saw a blue blade in a vision kill Shaak ti.

Perhaps he should have told Shaak ti and others about this.

9. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    This whole season has pretty much tied up every loose end for the prequel era barring Darth Maul's fate, both in-universe and out of universe:

1) Jar Jar (at least slightly) redeems himself by kicking ass and he gets a love interest
    2) Sifo Dyas
    3) Why TCW clones and Ep III clones don't match up in pesonality/Order 66
    4) Why Yoda is a prick who swings his lightsaber around in the prequels and is a zen buddhist sage in the original trilogy
    5) MARK HAMILL GETTING A VOICE ROLE AND DARTH BANE APPEARING IN THE CANON UNIVERSE, AT THE SAME TIME
    6) The Whills get a canon depiction
    7) Midichlorian clarification
    8) Canon shaak ti fate

shall i go on?

10. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    And really, the last two minutes give an uplifting message to the whole saga:

No matter how much war and suffering take place in the galaxy, it'll all be alright in the end.

Embomania likes this.
  11. Dogado

Dogado Jedi Knight

Apr 24, 2013
    I really liked this arc. A fantastic way to cap off the series. Beautiful animation and visuals.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  12. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I just finished it. I'm not afraid to admit that I bawled for a good 5 minutes after it ended. I can't believe it is really over. But that was so fitting, not only as an end to TCW, not only a fitting end for the Prequel era, but a fitting end for the Lucas era. I was mesmerized throughout all 4 episodes. Dooku vs Obi & Anakin was fantastic, though I am confused as to if Sifo-Dyas died on Felucia or the Pyke moon and who that second Jedi with Sifo was.

Voices made for a great return of Qui-Gon and Liam Neeson! Nice explanations as to the Living Force Vs. The Cosmic Force and clarification on some midichlorians. The visions were so chilling to watch and seeing the giant Sidious. Oui!

But Destiny and Sacrifice...Words cannot be described as to the beauty of those two episodes. The animation was beautiful, so much that I forgot I was watching an animated show, I felt like I was on a journey with Yoda. The scene with the destroyed temple and Ahsoka dying started to choke me up (Wish that cameo had been a surprise, but stupid Netflix showed a photo of Yoda holding Ahsoka as the "preview image") but the gut puncher was the harmonic Jedi Temple and knowing we will never get that. Everyone was all together, all happy.

And Sacrifice, with Darth freaking Bane voiced by Mark freaking Hamill! I couldn't ask for anyone better to voice my favorite EU Sith! The illusions of Sifo-Dyas was terrifying and that final battle sequence, even though I knew it was an illusion, was so tense and fantastically animated that I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Seeing Yoda hear the cries of Luke and Leia, Vader breathing, TIE fighters and Hoth warning sirens going off was what started the tears. We have the whole OT ahead of us, is what it is saying. But in a way, it also helps tie together the two trilogies even more. They really aren't trilogies at this point, they are a Saga, one and the same.

Yoda, you wise old man, I'll always love you and your pointy ears. And I will always love you Clone Wars. Thank you for being apart of my childhood and following me up through the years. I'm gonna miss you, but if this wasn't a way to go out, I don't know what is.

=D=

13. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Sooooooo.... these "Sages"... I think they're the Whills.

To briefly catalog what little we know about the Whills:
    -They know secrets of the Force.
    -They taught Qui-Gon how to be one with the Force.
    -They kept a complete chronicle of the galaxy, the Journal of the Whills
    -They were visited by R2-D2 at some point, who told them all about Luke and stuff, which yeah is totally bizarre.
    -They are one of George Lucas' oldest concepts relating to the Force, dating back to pre-1977, but were never fully realized in any media.

And now the Sages in this Yoda arc:
    -The know secrets of the Force. (Check)
    -They taught Qui-Gon how to be one with the Force. (Double check)
    -They do keep some sort of complete chronicle of the galaxay, although clearly not a literal journal.
    -R2-D2 *does* come along for the ride! This is somewhat significant.
    -This story is George Lucas' swan song, as far as the Force is concerned, and he is not known for wasting good ideas.

From this evidence, it's clear to me that, Even if they're not acknowledged as such by name, they are conceptually identical to the Whills, and almost certainly evolved throughout the years from that original concept.

14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Yoda arc and him facing his trials (both light and dark path) is actually a perfect description of the entire 6 Star Wars movies.

"He is to teach one that will save the universe from the great imbalance for this the great gift will be his" is referring to Anakin; Yoda's trial is a smaller version to the one Anakin must take. I need to watch this arc and Mortis back-to-back, but both probably explain the Prophecy of the Chosen One.

Here is my explanation of the entire movies, thanks to TCW:

The Priestesses sent a Chosen One, to bring balance to a galaxy which has been ruled by a corrupt Republic -protected by the ever conservative Jedi Order- and emerging Sith threaten the peace. From a young age, the Chosen One was a body of Light showing love and compassion to those around him, willing to sacrifice himself to protect those he cared about.

But, as he grew older, the Chosen One succumb to Darkness and turned against everyone he loved and cared about; destroying them all and himself in the the process. By now, the Republic was burning and his damaged body was a perfect depiction of the new galaxy. Unknown to him, he bore two children and they lived in secret.

The Daughter would follow in the footsteps of her Mother, becoming a political symbol and voice in a new emerging force; the Son, like his Father, would become a warrior and the Force paved out a route in which the Son and Father would meet.

In the end, love and compassion would be rediscovered by the Chosen One. The galaxy was saved and balance brought to the Force when the Chosen One saw the lives of his children endangered. In the ultimate sacrifice, the Chosen One gave his life to destroy the Sith and saving his Son in the process. Unknown to him, his destiny was a trial; it was to destroy both forces of Light and Darkness. Without it, balance could never be restored.

The Priestesses rewarded the Chosen One with the greatest gift of them all - immortality. His task now is to the watch over the new galaxy and to ensure the balance would never again be threatened.

15. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    I disagree, I think that reference is to Luke.

16. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    The first part of the end...

Anakin and Obi-Wan vs Dooku.

Whatever
    So the smoking, drinking, floozy hiring dude is the minister?
    "The only path" Yoda you suck.

Pikes are jerks
    Really.

17. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Only way that can happen is if you undo the whole premise of Anakin being the Chosen One.

18. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    Episode 2: The Yoda Strikes Back

Whatever
    Who is this random doctor?

Don't tap the glass
    Wasting Qui-Gon by making him basically Navi.

19. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    Episode 3:Return of the Yoda

Loves
    The Happy Temple Scene- All the feels...

Petro kicking the bucket.

Whatever
    Dark Yoda and Smeagol's love child.
    The Lifestream.

Getting points on a test for getting your name right
    These "trials" could be passed by Salacious Crumb.

20. Darth__Syphilis

Darth__Syphilis Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2010
    I'll try to keep it brief:

This contained some of the answers I've been looking for since Episode 1 (gee, why didn't Qui-Gon disappear?), and extending into Episode 2 (Sifo-Diyas what?) and 3 (Qui-Gon's back all of a sudden?).

The first part was just okay. They made the whole Sifo-Diyas thing way more contrived than it already was, and I still can't fully wrap my head around it. I'm glad they tackled the subject, but it's hard to put it all into the big picture.

Part two was just fantastic, and probably my favorite episode of the Clone Wars.

Part three felt a little like overkill. Replaying the Dooku death scene from ROTS was just too much, and as much as I enjoyed seeing Yoda throw down with Sidious, it really felt unnecessary. I also question why Yoda didn't steer the course a little differently after all these revelations... The Jedi now are more willfully ignorant than blind to the situation, and I just don't like that. I enjoyed Darth Bane, though, and I'm glad he didn't sound like the Joker! My major problem with this episode is that it feels like a response to as opposed to a lead-in to ROTS. If a newbie watched this episode before the movie, I feel like they would be robbed of some of the movie's best features.

As a whole, this was a very satisfying conclusion to the series.

21. Darth__Syphilis

Darth__Syphilis Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2010
    They specifically said in the final episode that "there is another Skywalker." As much as I like Leia, I'm pretty sure they were referring to Luke here.

Cevan and darthjj88 like this.
  22. darthjj88

darthjj88 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 31, 2012
    Not true. They said he would train the one who would save the universe from the great imbalance. They are referring to Luke. Yoda doesn't need this gift to train Anakin, but he does need it to Train Luke. Mostly by passing it on to OB1. Anakin is the chosen one, but let's be clear, Luke is the one who saved everyone. It was Luke who got his Father to come out of Darth Vader. Anakin might have physically killed The Emperor, but Luke caused it all.

23. Millwall

Millwall Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2014
    Isn't the way Shaak Ti died in Yoda's vision the same way how Grievous executed her in the Episode III deleted scenes?

V-2 likes this.
  24. darthjj88

darthjj88 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes

25. Cad Bane 66

Cad Bane 66 Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2013
    If you turn on the subtitles on the last episode, when they are saying "There is another" a description comes out saying (baby crying) which is probably Luke being born at the end of Episode III