The Yoda Chronicles - New three part LEGO miniseries on Cartoon Network this summer.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by IG_2000, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
  2. Cad Carnage Jedi Master

star 1
    Huge fan of Yoda, I wish TCW would just make a 3 story arc about Yoda.
    Air Jedi likes this.
  3. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
    Maybe they'll adapt this for TCW if it's not to silly?
  4. Jedi Master Thon Jedi Padawan

star 1
    It isn't canon until confirmed to be. The LEGO specials aren't, but reasonably. The storyline of this one, if not the actual special. I could see it changed into an exclusive comic. I heard LEGO was making a set of it, which would seem odd for something non-saga or non-CW. Especially something non-canon. But the series introduces a new Jedi, astromech, bounty hunter, and a Special Forces clone trooper. The LEGO version uses a blue stormtrooper helmet with new printing. As for the build itself, it's literally a black E-Wing.
  5. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    I've never watched any of these because the idea just has no appeal to me...but I may find it hard to not give something called "The Yoda Chronicles" a chance. If it's overly laden with "humor" that ruins it I'll only watch the first, though.
  6. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    The first one was pretty funny, the last one lost some of the novelty factor, IMO. Yoda was pretty funny in the first one however.
  7. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    The fact that their main attraction is "humor" is why I never had any interest.
  8. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I'm not sure what else to expect from a lego show. Its not a crackbaby show and its better than Ninjago or Lego Thundercats.
  9. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Barriss_Coffee and Darth_Zidious like this.
  10. Darth_Zidious Force Ghost

star 4
    When the younglings are hanging on Grievous, I think one of them is punching him in the nuts. :)
  11. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    The sad thing is, that scene wouldn't look at all out of place in TCW.
  12. Darth Ibonek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Same voice actors! (I think...)
    Hate to start this discussion, but will this part of SW canon?
    Bo-Katan likes this.
  13. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    No, all the LEGO stuff has been non-canon so far. It's possible there will be canon LEGO Star Wars stuff some day though.
    Darth Ibonek likes this.
  14. Darth Ibonek Jedi Grand Master

star 2

I should've known better.... Imagine if The Empire Strikes Out/The Padawan Menace were canon [face_hypnotized]
    Bo-Katan likes this.
  15. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
  16. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    I know I said I would give this a shot unlike the other Star Wars Lego animations, but the discussion of the preview is already making me second-guess that...
    07jonesj likes this.
  17. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 4
    This thing airs in THREE DAYS and there is zero hype for it!
  18. Watto Chosen One

star 4
    Um, zero hype here, but they just built a life size lego x-wing in TIMES-FREAKIN-SQUARE to promote this show and the associated toy line:
    http://www.businessweek.com/article...r-worlds-biggest-lego-model-lands-in-new-york
    http://gizmodo.com/this-incredible-full-scale-lego-x-wing-is-the-largest-m-509484787

Not sure why an X-wing as I haven't looked into this too much... I'm not too excited about this series. I thought the first couple LEGO specials were pretty cheesy. So I think given the demographic of this forum this Yoda chronicles thing just isn't too big with us, despite all the kiddos out there being excited about it.
    Last edited by Watto, May 23, 2013
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I've played the game, which is kind of cool, but I can't imagine a TV show.
  20. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 4

Sorry, I meant here. Not in TImes Square. It took that Lego story to remind me that it airs in just 5 days. Shame that the previous Lego SW special is DVD only, I really liked the Padawan Menace blu-ray release. Maybe they'll bundle Empire Strikes Out with this Yoda thing on blu-ray.
  21. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    They say that after they air the first episode, their is going to be news on some special secret star wars lego project. I wonder what that could be?
  22. Zer0 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    They could build a life size Death Star out of legos and I still wouldn't be interested in this.
  23. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
    I've liked the other Lego SW shorts, and Yoda's one of my favorite character, so I plan to catch this.
  24. Freelancer257 Force Ghost

star 1
    This aired in the UK today. It was okay. Similar levels of kiddie jokes and cameos from various OT characters including Bib Fortuna, Jabba and Lando - although Lando is not exactly presented as we know him. Watch out for Yoda in the Disco Falcon.:)
    Last edited by Freelancer257, May 27, 2013
  25. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
    They cancel SW:TCW but keep this?