Fanclub The Yoda: Dark Rendezvous Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth, Oct 5, 2012.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    That makes me want to hurry up and get the book so I can read it.
    Mitth_Fisto and Sinrebirth like this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 7
    Oooo, I'd love to hear your thoughts Joy and 89. I didn't finish it because it creeped me out. I really didn't like Ventress. I would like to hear about Dooku and Yoda, though. :)
  3. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I just read a discription on the SW Wiki, and that makes me even more determined to read this story.

@Sinrebirth Please, check your inbox. I sent you a PM.
  4. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 7
  5. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 6
    This novel needs to be read by anyone with a Star Wars interest. It's PT Yoda portrayed OT Yoda-style. It's amazing!
  6. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I have a feeling I had better gather plenty of courage when I begin reading it. I don't want to get creeped out, and stop.
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 7
  8. B3 Force Ghost

star 6
    Count me as a fan! There's so much to love about this book. I'm planning on lending it to a friend, but reading this thread has me wanting to read it again before I do. [face_thinking]

Cushing's Admirer: you're looking for a humanized portrayal of Dooku, right,? This book delivers.
  9. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 7
    @Bail B. Baobab: I was indeed till this book. I know it does and I'm very grateful for it. :D Dooku isn't the one that I have issue with at all. I like him even more after this.
  10. B3 Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh, I had the impression you hadn't read the Dooku parts. Carry on, then. :D
    Last edited by Bail B. Baobab, Feb 26, 2014
  11. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 7
    I didn't read them all but it's Ventress that creeped me out. I actually was very grateful *someone* finally dared present Dooku as a man.
  12. B3 Force Ghost

star 6
    I glanced at the scene between Yoda and Dooku today and I actually teared up.
    Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  13. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 7
    I believe it. It's very brave to have fleshed out the Master/Padawan bond and it reads almost like father/son at points. It's very bittersweet from what I remember.
  14. Sable_Hart Jedi Master

star 4
    Reread this masterpiece the other day; it's without question the finest literary piece in the totality of the EU.
    Chewbacca89 and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. Renasko Jedi Knight

I adored the book. 'Shatterpoint' is the only other SW novel I've read that has captured the character so well.

Now, if only it wasn't stored away, I could take it out and re-read it at once. Argh!
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. DarthKuriboh Jedi Master

star 3
    Is it just me, or is this still one of the best books in the EU? I read it again not too long ago, and it still stuns me with how good it really is. The idea of Yoda as a Sith would be truly terrifying.
  17. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology

Manager
    star 10

We have a fanbclub for that. Merging now.
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. DarthKuriboh Jedi Master

star 3

I did not know that. my apologies. It's been a long time since Ive been on this board
  19. BookExogorth Jedi Knight

star 4
    I love this book! It is probably tied at first place for me. Are we allowed to put spoilers for the book in this? If not, my favorite (non spoiler) part was how far Yoda was willing to go to save Dooku... and then when Anakin went in saying, "Oh, did you almost kill him?" Reason 549 I have never liked Anakin.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth