main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Yuuzhan Vong- How does the galaxy look upon them, post TUF?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SupremeOverlordZar, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupremeOverlordZar

SupremeOverlordZar Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    Odds are that they view them as disgusting, pain-worshipping mongrels who think of nothing other than killing everybody (untrue as that generalization is). At least, that's my bid.

2. Jedi-Yoichi

Jedi-Yoichi Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2003
    Well I would say a majority of the galaxy will definitely hold a grudge towards them. Lets face it they did so much damage, that practically everyone was affected one way or another.
    I would expect a lot 'vigilante' groups would be seeking revenge and making personal attacks one way or the other, and I expect some small groups of Vong wil be doing the same.
    Most people even though they will hate the vong for what they did, will just be grateful for the end of the war and a time to heal. They will leave the Vong alone and mainly shunt them.
    I should also expect that some groups will be calling for ultimate peace and trying to convince people to let go of their hatred and forgive the Vong.
    Really it will be like any two countries at war who finally call peace with one another, except on a much larger scale.

3. Dinner_Squadron

Dinner_Squadron Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2004
    Considering that they wiped out so much of the galaxy, and mostly got away scotfree, I'd say that the Republic's citizens will feel as positively towards them as the Jews feel towards Nazis.

4. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Vonglings will probably have to go to different schools and sit at the back of the speeders.

5. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    A majority of the galaxy will hate them, and the GFFA will have a lot of struggle to keep the peace between the militant enemies of the Vong and the Vong themselves, IMO.

6. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Frankly I am sure many galactic citizens will try too make the life of any Vong who trys to live and work in the GFFA a living hell. I know I would even though I am not the type of person to do something like that to another intelligent being.

7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    If I was a Yuuzhan Vong living on Zonama Sekot post-war, I'd stay the hell on Zonama Sekot.

8. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Realistically the Vong will be univerally hated.

But

In the land of the GFFA they'll all become friends and they'll find a happy little force sensitive Vong who they'll train and will save the day causing everyone to love them

Easy fix:D

9. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Well, the one "Vong" would probably be used to scare children, as a swear word, and also, as a joke.

Similar to the Romans who started using Hannibal to scare their children...

Hannibal Ad Portas!!!

10. SupremeOverlordZar

SupremeOverlordZar Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    LOL, I can see it now...

Kid: Waaaa!!!

Parent: Quiet! Do you need me to call the Vong in here?!

Kid: *Whimper*

11. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    As just about everyone has said, realistically, the Vong should be hated by almost everyone. I'd think that they'd have to all stay on Zonoma Sekot for a long time, probably with a gffa fleet in orbit, not to keep them in check, but to protect them from people out for revenge (assuming that average people know where they are).

I keep saying that I'd like to see a final EU novel set 100 or so post-TUF. A think it'd be really neat to see the Vong gradually integrating into the rest of society by then. I think it would be at least that long before people can accept them, and even then it would be tough. It'd be interesting to see the Vong, after having given up their misguided ways and embracing peace and pacifism for 100 years, become the victims of prejudice and hatred because of the crimes of their ancestors.

12. Dinner_Squadron

Oct 16, 2004
    You don't think that Zonoma could protect them on it's own? :)

13. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Please. No stories about Zonoma Sekot fighting of attacks of anti-Vong fanatics. Please!

Hopefully Zonoma Sekot will vanish. Like Waru. :)

14. DarthRavenus

DarthRavenus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    <<Realistically the Vong will be univerally hated.

But

In the land of the GFFA they'll all become friends and they'll find a happy little force sensitive Vong who they'll train and will save the day causing everyone to love them >>

You know thats what I hate about this EU for a while now...They make these menacing all conquering villains,but then at the end they are defeated and become dumbed out and turned to the good side..and the all happy cornball ending that became all to typical in Star Wars.

But I never really cared for the Vong,as they where just imatation Borg from Star Trek and the Brood from marvel Comics combined.

15. neo-dragon

Apr 15, 2004
    I don't think that they'll just dumb-down the Vong, or have people forget about what they did so soon. All the other villains were just around for a trilogy at the most. The Vong were the focus of a 19 novel story arc which spanned 5 years (real time and story time), and were the enemy in a war which devastated a good portion of the galaxy (including Coruscant and Yavin IV) and resulted in 365 trillion deaths! I think they'll get a bit more respect from the authors than other villains have.

16. Dinner_Squadron

Oct 16, 2004
    Unless WilliamDix returns to the GFFA, in which case they'll end up Yevethaed.

17. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    resulted in 365 trillion deaths

Casulties. That includes injuries. Jaina Solo for instance counts for 2 of those and she is still alive.

18. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Still, there is a godawful amount of people in those casulties that are dead and I am sure it will not just be an overnight thing for the victims of the war. What I can't understand is why there are going to be no war-crimes trials held. Or is there? I mean it seems at the end of TUF that the Yuuzhan Vong got off scot-free. If I had my planet razed or my family killed I sure as hell would want some revenge. I am sure even a Vong has limits to the amount of pain they can endure before suffering a breakdown or going insane.

19. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    They probably won't be liked very much... but then in a few millenia time, they'll probably be viewed the like Mandalorian species or forgotten like the Rakata.

20. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    My guess is that the Galactic Alliance gives them a protectorate in the Unknown Regions with heavy border guard on it, but allows the Jedi to come in and out to visit Zonama Sekot. Eventually their unique culture breaks down and dissolves as the Force phases out their belief in the "old gods"...kinda like the Europeans colonizing Africa, Australia, and the Americas.

21. Darth_Sloth

Darth_Sloth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    With the Vong's advanced biotech, maybe they'll earn some respect for their medical knowledge by saving lives or stopping a plague or two.

22. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Vergere's vision from Traitor anyone...they have their own beliefs...but I think that they would keep to Sekot for a long while...unless Sekot somehow gets drawn into conflict again.

23. neo-dragon

Apr 15, 2004

Casulties. That includes injuries. Jaina Solo for instance counts for 2 of those and she is still alive.

Nope. Check near the begining of chapter 43 of TUF. It says that the death toll was estimated at 365 trillion. Besides, I doubt that the number of injuries could even be estimated. Just imagine of there were, say, three injuries for every death!

24. neo-dragon

Apr 15, 2004
    I guess the death toll could include Vong as well, but I'd think that the VAST majority are gffa citizens.

25. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    365 trillion for a war that lasted about as long as World War II. Ouch.

It just seems like, stripped of their ability to use their biotechnology and being reconnected to the Force, the Yuuzhan Vong would just slowly assimilate into the rest of galactic culture. Give it a hundred years and they'll just be like the Jews in the 20th century were: treated in most places with rights of any other citizen but largely looked down upon (though in this case, the reasons for this discrimination would actually have a firm basis, because unlike the Jews, the Yuuzhan Vong did cause a massive war that killed more people than any other conflict in galactic history, presumably).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.