main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Zillo Beast

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sitara, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    So in Zillo Beast Strikes Back Palpatine orders it to be cloned after it is killed.

Yet that has not yet been revisited. Will it ever be? What about the armor they were hoping to make from it?

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    It's one of a few things that haven't been resolved.

3. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Thanks for the info Ric Olie.

Anywho, as for the Zillo Beast, I don't think LucasFilm has forgotten about it. Filoni said in an interview way back that it would make another appearance in Season 7.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm saying it's nothing new.

5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    It was put in a extinct animal park, similar to Jurassic Park.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That is cool

7. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    On thtah topic what else hasn't been resolved (not in Season 5)

8. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Do you have any record of this or is it just going by memory? would be interested in going back and watching/reading it.

Anyways... The zilo beast is only one of many loose ends that need to be tied up before this show is completed, hopefully it takes them a very long time to do it :)

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    If the Zillobeast was cloned, I imagine it would take a while to grow one. I don't know if we'll ever see it. Maybe Vader's armor?

10. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    still even a baby one would be HUGE. They would have growth acceleration as well most likley. And it would be like a year old. Plus we have no clue how long it would take for a zillo to become fully grown, maybe its fully grown in 1-2 years who knows!

11. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Clovis
    Separatists still in jail
    Lux

those are a few things that come to mind...

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, I can only base assumptions on what I know about the biology of real animals. The Zillo was pretty quick and lively so its fair to assume its endothermic. Endothermic animals like mammals experience growth spurts.. A blue whale takes 10 years to reach 75ft. However it takes an elephant 20 years to be fully grown. However the Zillo is far larger than those. I can only imagine it would take a long time for one to reach the size of what we saw. even cutting it in half its gotta be atleast 5 years minimum to get one to a reasonable size which is longer than the duration of the clone wars. If they are raised for armor we don't know if babies have hardened scales either. T-Rex is approximated to have reached sexual maturity at 18 years but no one knows how fast it grew so its hard to use dinosaurs as a base line.

13. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Well I mean this is TCW, I really don't think they will be concerned about stuff like that, rightfully so. This is a completely different universe. Plus the Zilo has a random hand on it's back, Im not sure many animals would have something like that as it seems to serve little purpose. Anyways, if they want to bring it back... They won't let animals in our world be the one thing holding off on the Zilo. I said 1 year earlier, but then again its been 2. Plus growth acceleration the zilo can easily be aged 4-6 by its return. Not to mention possibly there could be advances in growth acceleration that could lead to 3x or 4x or 5x growth acceleration and the zilo could easily be at full size.

14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I thought about this about the Zillo Beast cloning the other day. It is something I'd very much like to see in Season 6.

15. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    They can't really do much with the Zillo Beast without cloning another monster movie. Heh, get it?

The monster not being truly gone at the end is just another monster movie cliche that the Zillo duology was poking fun at/making an homage to.

16. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    The Zillo Beast should just get it's own spin off where it fights other monsters including Mecha Zillo Beast.

17. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm going by memory, unfortunately. If I knew where the interview was, I would link it.

18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Looks at avatar...thinks might be srs.

19. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    lol filoni was trolling around.

p.s.

the hand on the back? purpose?

CLEARLY THIS...

https://static.prtst.net/asset-prox.../inlineimages/2010/78195-triple face palm.jpg

20. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It probably takes a good while to clone a creature that large, unless they pulled it out of the tank at infant development, and will let it grow naturally.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  21. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Well.. Clovis was supposed to be resolved. Guess we'll wait to next season.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I still think there is some merit to applying real world biology to the Zillo. You can have a creature that big grow so rapidly. The nutritional needs if a creature so large that grows to full height in 4 years would be unimaginable and you'd almost certainly end up with lots of bone problems if those weren't met perfectly. Human being would be pretty straight forward to grow with acceleration by comparison.

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    So in TESB when Han shoots him, he's not actually blocking the laser bolts, it just his armour is invincible, lol.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Zillo beast armor would rule. I'd imagine the rareness of it would make it pretty valuable too.

25. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Wouldn't that cause a lot of the EU which has Vader getting cut up become non-canon?