main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Zillo Beast

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sitara, Feb 23, 2013.

1. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    Well.. Clovis was supposed to be resolved. Guess we'll wait to next season.

It kinda wasn't but I don't think they care enough to bother seeing it. But, he WAS a Senator so you'd think it would matter to them. He either got killed by his associates or they just beat him up and then he was still arrested and disbarred. Not to mention that Anakin basically left him for dead in a bit of jealousy (with Padme unconscious at the time). Again, not that big a deal and I don't much care to see him again but it's still unresolved.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Vader has standard non scaly armor, so that won't likely change at all.

3. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    not to mention it would make Luke cutting his hand off non-canon [face_laugh]

4. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Warning Spoilers for Jurassic Park 4. :p

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  5. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
  6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I thought Season 6 is going to be the last one.....

I wouldn't worry about such a thing not being explored, remember the EMpire plundered Mandalore for all the Beskar to make an army of near-invinsible soldiers yet for some reason enver bothered mass-producing that armour. So not using the Zillo Beast for armour is much the same thing, and idea they had that never worked out.

rumblewagon likes this.
  7. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    The experiment failed? It's ongoing? It's currently a baby that can fit into your palm and which takes 800 years to reach maturity? I actually don't mind if we don't see that pop up again. I'm not sure how you wouldn't just have a retread of the first two episodes.

8. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013

Vaders armor is made of black plastic. i have heared that the requisites of TESB was totaly ridicoules and crappy.

9. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    In Star Wars the zillo beast is a small thing. There are much bigger creatures like that spaceworm in TESB.

10. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm well aware of that, but it is huge for a land creature.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I never expected the Zillo beast to return just because Palpatine wanted it cloned. It was a nice end to the episode. If cloned, he could use that thing anywhere at anytime in the next decade.

12. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    Remember the Zillo Beast from Season 2 -- TCW's version of Godzilla basically?

Just re-saw that Season 2 arc. The Zillo Beast was a cool idea.

The Zillo Beast's scales are composed of an impenetrable material that even lightsabers cannot break.

In the arc, Republic scientists wanted to reverse engineer the scales so as to make indestructible armour for the Clone Army.

Imagine if they decided to make Zillo armour for Jedi! Impervious to blaster fire and lightsabers, Zillo-armoured Jedi could be a nearly unstoppable force of nature.

13. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Ya but there still were weak spots. And I'm not sure how Jedi would feel knowing there armor was obtained from killing the last of an ancient species. Look up Mandalorian Iron or Beskar'gam on Wookiepedia. It was impervious to light sabers before it was cool :) Nah it was always cool.

enigmaticjedi likes this.
  14. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011

True it is always cool. Because of the weak spots, I said nearly unstoppable, but I see what you're saying. Wasn't there a way to reverse-engineer the armor without killing Zillo? I think I recall the scientist say they could slowly remove the scales.

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Likely the creature wouldve been cloned as some secret weapon to guard Sidious' lair, or the properties to armored scale hide be replicated for a kinda organic armor. Seems to have been a dead end, if they were successful Vader would've been sporting the latest bodyarmor by ROTJ. It is unlikely the Imperials would willingly allow its military secrets to fall into the Alliance hands, especially now that there is Sith deciplals within the Imperial ranks and they're basically Sith jedi knights.

enigmaticjedi likes this.
  16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    yeah palps wanted the beast for it's ightsaber proof scales.

17. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I wonder if they intended to birng the Clone of the beast back during TCW in Season 7 or 8. That would have been a lovely twist, as most people by then would have forgotten about the beast and wouldn't be expecting it.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    That was among my favorite episodes of TCW. It's hard to believe that they pulled off producing a sentimental character in a gigantic, Godzilla-like monster.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and darskpine10 like this.
  19. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    I like how it knew that Palpy was no good, plus if you don't find the part where Palps is riding on top R2 funny, you have no soul.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

It should become a jedi.

21. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    I imagine that during this episode Palpatine was basically thinking "This is not my day''

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I also Like how it does a better job at finding out that Sheev is no good then the whole Jedi order.

23. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Nah .
    It certainly was one of his biggest mistakes .
    ( I wonder how much the Coruscanti had to pay to rebuild all of those buildings .)

sarlaccsaurs-rex and darskpine10 like this.
  24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    In Sheev we trust:

[​IMG]

25. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Hmm - whilst indeed the Zillo Beast's scales were 'impervious' to Lightsabers - but then again what if it were Lightsabers made of 'special crystals' given - some like Mace Windu's Lightsaber were of a the Metalorn Crystals which were pretty rare and one-of-their-type kinds ... and what if suppose it was theoretically a 'scaled up Lightsaber' in proportion to the Zillo Beast's size? Given is the Zillo Beast rivaling Big-G Godzilla or Big-G Godzilla is still probably bigger in a sense; given Big-G Godzilla has Organizer G-1 for starters and his hide is usually immune by default to conventional small arms; its only when they're scaled up and such to his size - so like Mecha-G 1974 (then again the Full Metal Missiles could have been Space-Technology then) and they made Big-G Godzilla 1974 bleed like a bloody fountain ...

Or perhaps the fact even if the Republic managed to create a scale armor - surely then gradually one would still work out its weaknesses (be it a chemical, heat, sonic, sound or even Electrical based attack who knows?) that could defeat the Zillo Beast's scales or such? Or given the fact perhaps an extremely powerful Force User could still 'tame' the Zillo Beast or perhaps even used The Force on it ...

On a side-note - how would the Zillo Beast have fared against other Star Wars Creatures? Particularly perhaps the Greater Krayt Dragon, Sarlaac or the Sando-Aqua Monster - these brutes rivaling the Zillo Beast in size? Or the Zillo Beast against Godzilla? That is the original 1954/1955 Big-G Godzilla's ...