main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Zillo Beast

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sitara, Feb 23, 2013.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Well, we know now that the Death Star is essentially a giant Lightsaber, it used Kyber crystals for its beam. So maybe the biggest lightsaber ever built could destroy the beast, or at least the planet it was on.

Vorax likes this.
  2. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    True - but perhaps fragments of the Zillo Beast's armor might be in the debris aftermath? Given it was stated a container of Phrik - well rather a Phrik container containing secrets about Rebel bases later recovered on the Millenium Falcon was so durable it survived Alderaan's blasting ... or rather the Zillo Beast's corpse floating about after the Death Star's laser strikes ...

3. Cacau

Cacau Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2015
    Apart from that this arc ruined a few very nice ideas (we see Malastare + probably the biggest Droidarmy ever shown in TCW + tension between Palps and Mace) with a bad King Kong copy and a big bomb I find it kinda weird that they never continued it after Palps' commentary. Did the producers comment on this someday?

Sandtrooper956 and Darthmaul208 like this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I didnt mind this arc, was fun. More importantly to me it confirmed Sidious' interest in creating darkside monsters(Sithspawn) which only existed in th EU and I remember going back to the Dark Empire series.

5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    The King Kong homages and the Godzilla ones for that matter (which includes the electro-proton bomb) were pretty much intentional and didn't ruin any of this two-part arc for me (they rather made it better). These episodes should have gotten that follow-up which was hinted towards right at the end and which I really would have wanted to see.

6. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Agreed, it was good. I liked it because the Jedi ethics were brought up by Windu and you saw more Jedi in the effort to contain it (we should have seen more Jedi over the entire series).

The only thing was it might have been better to have Palpatine still appearing benevolent and someone else being the front man for bringing it to Coruscant and running the experiments. Otherwise, does it not appear suspicious and also do the Jedi have no involvement with it until it breaks loose?

I liked the fact the Zilo beast saw Palpatine for who he was. Why could the Jedi not reach out through the Force and calm it?

In addition, is research into it the basis for the Death Star's armor or perhaps the armor of the AT-AT which Luke states "that armor is too thick for blasters".?

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

But alas I don't think any of that is Canon anymore.

8. Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2016
    For everybody that likes the Zillo Beast I had an odd thought; that the Zillo Beast is force sensitive I thought about it and it makes sense, especially when you think that the Zillo Beast hated Palpatine from the beginning, and I know it was because Palpatine wanted to kill the Zillo Beast but it did not harm the Jedi at all,also the Zillo Beast had Lightsaber resistant scales, I think that maybe the Zillos evolved with the original Sith

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Cleaned up your threads, and merged the remaining one into the existing Zillo Beast thread. [face_peace]

10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The Zillo beast was semi-sentient so it had some level of intelligence and thus likely to be intuitive as far as a good judge of character but character is more a subjective human description. Usually that sorta thing with animals is based on how the animal perceives the human, whether as a threat or not usually by the behavior of the individual and sometimes they can smell blood of other animals on humans and familiarize themselves with scents or images/colors associated with danger to them where they separate a hostile group of humans to a non-hostile group. But I would think intuition is part of the Force in this mythology. In canon only midiclorian made one force sensitive though where they could manipulate the Force at will, rather than just some spiritual energy field which may well be inclusive of all lifeforms but few are able to bend it to their will and speak to it, and have it speak to them.

11. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    I thought they said no Zillo for Rebels... but could it show up in Rogue one and we get a dogfight like King Kong?

[​IMG]

Just substitute in Coruscant for the Empire LOL State buildings, Zillo for Kong and X-wings for biplanes.

12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I think we pretty much got that in The Zillo Beast Strikes Back.

13. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    "George Lucas felt the Zillo Beast would dislike Palpatine and chase him. Dave Filoni joked with Lucas that the Zillo Beast could sense Palpatine was a Sith Lord, and was trying to warn the Coruscanti.[6]" - Wookiepedia

Verrry interesting. This concept would actually make for a great EU story, taking place 1000s of years ago. The Sith of long ago helped the Dugs eradicate the Zillo so they could harvest their armor, perhaps by using their Sith lightning much like the GAR with their stun tanks, in combination with the Dugs' fuel. During their war with the Sith, the Zillo, perhaps being somewhat sensitive to a being's true inner intent, came to know a Sith when they see one. I mean, not only is their armor impervious to attack, but perhaps their senses are impervious to Sith clouding.

14. Subtext Mining

Apr 27, 2016
    I made a quasi-trailer for the Zillo Beast duology, featuring Kevin Kiner's "Escaping the Zillo Beast" cue.

darkspine10 likes this.
  15. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I wonder if the cloned Zillo beast would have appeared in it's own post ROTS spin off novel had Lucas not sold the rights to Disney.

After all in the final days of legends book we were getting some really far out stuff. Death troopers for one

16. OCD_Chad

OCD_Chad Jedi Knight

May 12, 2017
    That was one of the few times I think Sidious was genuinely worried. It doesn't happen often, the other ones are:

Mace
    being pickup by Vader obviously
    Talzin
    when that clone trooper executed 66 early

MrDarth0 likes this.
  17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Knowing Filoni and his partiality to dogs and cats and animals in general, that likely just meant animals can supposedly sense danger and bad people and a old human belief that dogs can sense evil. Sith Lords are too calm and assertive, realistically their dominant personalities would be more respected rather than challenged, and if challenged not for long.

Maul spent a lot of time testing his mettle and honing skills against all sorts of beings, including apex predators, but this was basically his daily exercises to keep from being bored to death since he was not allowed to kill Jedi until given the command. But even he respected his prey, if found worthy. If Sith Lords wanted to kill these creatures, which does not appear easy, it would be primarily to test their worth. But a mass extinction seems unlikely from them, only reason would be for their scales to create body armor of some kind. But there would be more ancient examples I would think. And its not clear how easily it would be weaponize such organic materials since their so imperviousness even to laser swords of the Jedi/Sith.

18. Subtext Mining

Apr 27, 2016
    Possible follow-up on the Zillo Beast armor technology? In the very next arc the Seps unleash their new indestructible tanks.
    [​IMG]

19. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Seems unlikely, seeing as how it was the Republic who captured the beast. Plus that connection doesn't work in the original episode order, as Weapons Factory comes before the Zillo Beast.

20. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

CIS could have gotten the technology from Palpatine/Sidious.

Him and Dooku were playing both the CIS and the Republic, making sure that neither side would get too much of an advantage.

And I always go with the chronological order :)