main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Shelley, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    What is the purpose of this poll? Isn't there enough gloating from LOTR fanboys on the movie forums already?

YJ edit: Read my reply below.

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I don't think this is the right place to discuss tTT and AotC.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Besides which, the poll is done by TF.N and the JC has nothing to do with those decisions.

4. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    I don't think this site is the place to openly perpetrate the LOTR vs. SW war. All it does is cause trouble.

5. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Nobody cares.

6. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Nobody cares.
    Exactly.

7. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    If we're talking about the TFN poll, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

If we're talking about the thread in AOTC, it's probably more appropriate to PM the moderator instead of posting a thread here.

edited for content. [face_blush]

8. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Shelley, you know this thread (this thread we're posting in, not the TTT/AOTC thread) will be locked after the moderators state the forementioned thread has a right to exist, and that people can discuss the impact LOTR is (or isn't) having on the fanbase and/or saga as long as it's civil and on-topic. You've started anti-LOTR and anti-Basher threads in Comm before. They are all locked after it's established there is not a problem. This instance is no different. Why must you persist?

9. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Because there IS a problem, and I am not the only one who thinks so.

I did NOT start "anti-LOTR threads," unlike the numerous anti-TPM and anti-prequel threads bashers (you among them) have started. I started threads complaining about the way the message boards seem to court the LOTR vs. SW stuff, and how the bashers have been all but allowed to take over the movie forums, thus driving many posters away.

10. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I have no control over the TFN poll. As for the thread in AOTC, I'm leaving it open, at least for a while, in the hopes that there might be good discussion, rather than people getting all defensive and posting things like "There is no need for it because there are already threads in the Misc. section where LOTR fanboys can gloat about TTT outgrossing AOTC and otherwise proclaim SW the loser and LOTR the champion."

11. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Shelly

It's a little poll on a site. Does it really matter? Remember, just because you can post a thread, doesn't mean you should

"I don't think this site is the place to openly perpetrate the LOTR vs. SW war. All it does is cause trouble."

Um, do you mean perpetuate? Maybe more time reading the dictionary, less time fretting over films you haven't even seen ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.