main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Dark Child" AU, Xanatos, OC's, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, APOLOGY 12/25/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Quigonjecca, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Title: Dark Child
    Timeframe: Mostly Saga, but a little of before/after stuff too.
    Genre: Angst-ishness, drama, dark stuff
    Characters: OC(s), Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Xanatos, others that appear in the movies...
    Rating: PG
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars, that beautiful gem of imagination belongs to George Lucas. I don't even get paid!
    Notes: Okay, so I had this story 'Immunity' going on, but my character turned out to be a total baby/mary sue, so this is the re-write. She's a little... different now!

Okay, so, if you want on the PM list, please let me know! I will probably update 1-2 a week (probably just once). Please read and review!

Part One
    Immunity

They always told me I was special, but being shunned was never a gift by my standards.

I, unlike the other initiates, was found on the doorstep of the bottommost level of the Jedi Temple. Alone and afraid, I was less than a year old. Somehow, I suppose my parents knew of my Force sensitivity, otherwise, they would never have left me at the Jedi Temple.

On the other hand, maybe, it was just luck.

The masters that found me didn?t even know my name, or home planet. To this day they still think I am human?which I might be. Until I could speak, they called me ?little one? or ?child.?

However, my name was something imprinted on my soul so deeply, that to this day I can still hear the sweet tones of my long lost mother speaking it to me. Therefore, my first words were simple:

?My name is Krishna.?

Years later of course, I found out my name means ?Dark Child.? I suppose it is a quite fitting name if you know more about me. I have black hair and nearly onyx eyes. I prefer wearing something of a midnight hue to the tan and taupe most Jedi don.

And, I am from Korriban after all.

But nobody knows that but you and me.

My Force powers developed early on. Fighting came naturally, and lightsaber classes were always a cinch; history, and battle tactics though? not so much.

After my first master died, I didn?t have to wait long for a new master. After an incident with another padawan, everyone wanted me as an apprentice.

With the way the other younglings and padawans were afraid of me, I was surprised at the interest of Masters. However, I suppose being immune to lightsaber wounds might make a difference?

Jedi are articulate people. I guess they pay more attention to the little things then to what really makes the person? Anyhow, that particular little trait was discovered one day when I was sparring with one of my best friends, Xanatos.

We appeared to be about the same age, and if I was human, we would have both been thirteen. However on my home planet, I would have been nearly seventeen.
    Xanatos had just been picked by Master Jinn. Master Soraya had taken me, but she had died on our first mission together. I still don?t remember how I managed to get out alive?

Anyway, even though I was seventeen by my own standards, the Jedi didn?t know my true age. For years I had wanted Master Jinn for my Master. He was powerful? I could feel it. And I had been plotting away at how to get Xanatos out of the picture ever since my master had died three months earlier.

I was in my chamber? meditating, when Xanatos suddenly burst through the door.

?Krishna,? he said, drawing me out of my meditation. He snickered. ?Meditating again??

I nodded.

?Krishna, how often do you need to meditate?especially,? He added, ?when you don?t have a master??

?Often. And regardless of who we are trained by, I?m still better at lightsaber dueling.? I snapped. He snickered again.

?Whatever. Hey! I have an idea?? A gleaming malice crept into his eyes. ?Since you are so much ?better? at lightsaber dueling then I am, why don?t we duel with real lightsabers?

A creeping feeling?fear, as I?ve come to recognize it? clawed its way inside me. ?Okay,? I said, a daring plan starting to form it?s self. ?But I haven?t had time to make a lightsaber yet.?

?Don?t worry,? He replied. ?You can

2. Iowaweezer

Iowaweezer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    I liked where the original was going but I like this setup much better. Keep it up, PM when you update.

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Thank you for the PM!
    I thought the other story was pretty good but this is off to a good start!
    Could you add me to your PM list?

4. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    It looks very, very interesting, what you have. This story about a dark little wayward girl in a Jedi Temple. But I want to know more. MOOOORE! [thunder_crack]

5. Quigonjecca

Jul 2, 2007
    Iowaweezer: I'm really glad you like this setup much better. I was really beginning to hate 'Shri' from the last story. She was always saying her lines in this 'minnie-mouse' sweet voice in my head! [face_worried] And yes, you are on the PM list!

Lady_Misty: Sure I'll add you to the PM list! I'm glad you like this beginning better-- I do too! :D

1Yodimus_Prime: I'm glad you think it looks interesting... this is my first attempt at something dark. [face_devil] Little Krishna has got some issues...

AAAAGGH! :eek: Don't you know there's no 'thunder' in this thread? ;)

Thank you for reading everyone! I'll probably put the next part up in 3-5 days... maybe sooner.

6. Quigonjecca

Jul 2, 2007
    Part 1.2

PM List So far:
    Iowaweezer
    Lady_Misty

If you want to be put on the PM list please let me know.

Part 1.2
    "Immunity" take 2

?Xanatos!? Qui-Gon Jinn exclaimed, rushing out of the lift and into his chambers. ?Xanatos, we have an emergency mission. The council has just informed me that?,? He stopped short, looked around the room.

?Xanatos?? But he already knew his Padawan was not in the room. ?Where is that boy when he?s needed?? Qui-Gon growled, and he ran out of the room?

?right into a youngling. ?I?m sorry young one,? Qui-Gon said, stopping and helping the boy up. ?Are you alright??

?Yes Master, I?m fine.? The boy?s bright blue eyes looked curiously up at Qui-Gon. He couldn?t have been more than three. ?I?m Obi-Wan, sir.?

?Nice to meet you Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon started to walk away, but stopped again. Turning to face the little youngling, he spoke. ?Have you seen my padawan, his name is Xanatos??

?Oh yes Master,? The little boy said, smiling. ?He and Krishna went that way.? He pointed down the stairs. ?They went to the youngling meditation room.?

?Meditation? Why would they go there?? Qui-Gon wondered aloud. He started running again. ?Thank you, young one.?

He continued running. The Master had no time to take the lift, so he jogged down the steps, and continued towards the meditation room.

Xanatos was a competitive young man?even more so when in battle. I tried my best to keep him at bay, but he was clearly stronger. I kept retreating.

?What?s the matter Krishna?? He taunted for the hundredth time. ?Are you scared??

My fury took control, I twisted in the air and came crashing down next to Xanatos with all my might. What was this power, this freedom that I was experiencing? It was something deep, and dark?and forbidden. I touched it again.

?I knew you could do better,? Xanatos said, when I landed. I didn?t pay him any mind, I just fought.

Attack, block, slash, flip, we continued to battle. No longer was a scared. My emotions ran wild; I smiled at him, black energy suffusing my thoughts. I didn?t think, I don?t think I even breathed?I just let the battle consume me. I landed a few practiced slashes, and singed the boy?s tunic.

?That was a mistake!? He suddenly yelled at me, charging, eyes glowing with that eerie fire I had learned to avoid. I leapt back, and his saber slashed through empty air.

?Xanatos!? I yelled. ?Stop? going? so hard!? I finally managed. He wasn?t holding back now. He just kept coming? Then suddenly, without warning, my lightsaber flew out of my hand, and I was knocked to the floor.

Qui-Gon Jinn skidded to a halt in front of the youngling meditation room. His sense of danger grew stronger by the minute, until it was clawing at his throat, daring him to breath.

He burst through the door, and stopped dead in his tracks. Who was that young man towering over the girl?and he was holding an ignited lightsaber?

The next part is a sort of blur to me, it all happened so fast. I heard Master Jinn scream Xanatos? name, and I smirked. Regardless of my own fear, I knew that Xanatos was going to get it bad?kicked out of the Order no doubt. It was all going according to plan? my plan.

However, dying was not part of my plan, and dying wouldn?t get Qui-Gon as my master. I panicked, because I had no idea of my immunity to lightsaber wounds.

I screamed as he plunged the saber into my neck, and everything went black.

?STOP!? Qui-Gon said, reaching out through the Force. Was his apprentice insane? What was he doing? Qui-Gon tried to grasp the lightsaber, tried to pull it out of the boy?s hand, but it was too late. The girl?s form was limp on the ground.

?What have you done?!? Qui-Gon thundered, biting back his own anger. Anger was not the Jedi way.

Xanatos turned a fiery glare at his master?only to see that same glare reflected back at him. Xanatos gulped. ?She knew the risks.? He said evenl

7. Iowaweezer

Jun 17, 2005
    Great new addition! I think you captured the character of Xanatos (or what I've read of him) quite nicely.

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Wow, this is very intense! Which is darker, Xanatos or Krishna? :eek:

9. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Impervious to the lightsaber, hm? Quite an unusual little trait, there. They assumed she was human, so it can't be any sort of protective shell. Perhaps cortosis ore runs through her blood? That would mean strikes would still break the skin, which would explain why Qui Gon assumed she was dead...

An interesting new mystery.
    So Xanatos is pretty much screwed. But I wonder how mad they're going to be with her, once she recovers.

Although, I'm a little unclear on how, if at all, Xantos sabataged the 'spare saber' he lent Krishna. Or did I just read too deep into that segment of the first chapter?

Doin' good. Keep me on the list.

10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Qui-Gon meets little Obi-Wan? How sweet:)
    Won't everyone be in for a shock when Krishna wakes up!

11. Quigonjecca

Jul 2, 2007
    Iowaweezer: Thanks! You know, I've only read two fanfictions featuring Xanatos-- I've never read the JA books, so... I guess I'm doing okay? :D

Alexis_Wingstar: Which indeed? :eek:

1Yodimus_Prime: Cortosis eh? Seems plausible doesn't it? [face_thinking]

You don't think he sabotaged it do you??? :eek: Do you think he would go that far??? (Oh, and I'll keep you on the list)

Lady_Misty: I just had to bring little Obi into the story... even if it was for my own purposes... [face_devil]

Thanks for reading everyone! The next chapter should be up Thursday/Friday-ish.

12. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    This is a great fic!!! Would you please put me on the list?

Thanks.

13. Quigonjecca

Jul 2, 2007
    Icecruncher_Amidala: Hey there 'Cruncher! Long time no... type? Anyway, I'm glad you like the story, and yes, I'll put you on the PM list!

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I forgot to ask to be put on the PM list for this one! Sooo, I'm posting again to ask to be put on the PM list.

May I be on your PM list, please? [face_praying]

15. Quigonjecca

Jul 2, 2007
    Alexis_Wingstar Of course you may!

16. Quigonjecca

Jul 2, 2007
    Part 2

The PM List:
    Iowaweezer
    Lady_Misty
    1Yodimus_Prime
    Icecruncher_Amidala
    Alexis_Wingstar

If you would like to be added to the PM list please let me know!

Alrighty everyone! Today, I've posted a chapter a bit longer than usual. I hope you like it! Please read and review, please let me know what you think!

Part 2
    "Diagnosis"

?Master Jinn?? I asked as Xanatos and his Master came into a blurry existence. Xanatos looked relieved and horrified all at the same time. Master Jinn was just staring at me.

?Am I not dead?? I asked, clearly as confused as they were.

?Krishna???

?You tried to kill me.? I said, looking straight at Xanatos. My mind was working fast. Xanatos was definitely getting expelled from the Order?which would leave Master Jinn without an apprentice. And if I wasn?t dead? maybe my plan had worked after all.

Instead of giving in to my darkly joyous feelings, I let my shock and horror bubble to the surface. ?You tried to kill me!? I shouted.

Standing up, I held back my anger?the black anger that had suffused my thoughts throughout the entire battle.

?Krishna, your neck!? Xanatos exclaimed, taking a step backwards. My hand flew up to where he had struck me.

My fingers hit a raised scar. Tracing it back, I found that yes, he had tried to kill me, and yes, I was scarred. But I wasn?t dead.

?You?re not dead??

?Krishna,? Master Jinn said, once again walking to my side. ?We need to take you up to the healer?s. Xanatos go to your quarters and do not leave.?

?But Master?,?

?Xanatos!?

The young man ignored his Master, and stalked out of the room. My hand still had not left my neck. A raised scar cut diagonally from my chin to my collar bone. I couldn?t believe I was still living. Why was I still alive? How was it possible? Could it have been some sort of? immunity?

?You look deathly pale,? Master Jinn said, drawing me out of my shocked realization. ?We need to get you to the healer?s.?

?I?m okay; I don?t think we need to go to the medical ward. I?m always pale.?

?You just got hit in the neck with a live lightsaber,? He said, pushing me towards the door. ?And you aren?t dead. We?re going to the healers.?

Grudgingly, I obliged, and we started walking through the Temple. I tried to keep at bay the smile that kept threatening to appear. You just got hit with a lightsaber, I reminded myself. You need to be solemn, contemplative and even a bit scared.

I forced myself to believe those thoughts. Solemnity was easy,

contemplativeness, easy, fear? not so much. I didn?t get scared easily, but when I did, it was extreme. When I was a youngling, and would become scared, I would often times keep the other younglings awake because of my silent screaming through the Force.

Fear, I told myself, project fear.

After a few seconds, I saw Master Jinn blink, and slightly wince. It must have been working. The silence between us grew tense.

?So, your name is Krishna?? He asked after another minute. I nodded. ?I don?t believe I?ve ever met you Krishna; how old are you??

?I?m thirteen.? I said. There was no point in telling him my true age. He would never have understood.

?Ah. Have you been chosen by a Master yet??

?Yes. Master Damiana Soraya was my master, but she died on our first mission together.?

?Oh, I see. I?m sorry.? He stopped for a moment, directly outside the healer?s ward. ?Krishna, I have to ask? what exactly happened this morning??

I swallowed. How much should I tell him? I did agree to fight after all. However, there was no point in lying?

?Your apprentice found me meditating. We talked for a few moments, and he invited me to go spar. Of course, I didn?t have a lightsaber, and for some odd reason, he wanted me to use a real one, so, he brought me yours to use.?

What more did he want me to say? I needed him to choose me as his new padawan? beyond a doubt; Xanatos was out

17. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    Very creative storyline
    Also very interesting. I'm hooked, I can't wait to see if xani is in trouble.
    Obi wan at 3 means that there is still time for Jinn to have
    an apprentice before Obi Wan.

LOVE XANI

hope to see a new post soon

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Krishna Skywalker? :eek: Ok, how is she related to Shmi and Anakin... or is this more AU than that?

19. Iowaweezer

Jun 17, 2005
    I love the new Krishna (I can't remember what her old name was), she has a natural darkness to her and I like it! So how much is this going to be like Immunity (you can PM me if you don't want to spoil it for everyone else)? Waiting for next post, keep it up.

20. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    "You don't think he sabotaged it do you??? shock Do you think he would go that far??? "
    Hahaha! Says the authoress who had this same character wrecklessly commit attempted murder :p

"What?s your name?? She asked.

?Krishna.?

?Your full name??

?Krishna Skywalker.?
    [hr]

Boy, I bet Luke's pissed [i]her[/i] genes were never passed down to him. Could've come in handy in Cloud City..

Then again...maybe she's acutally a MUTANT ZOMBIE CYBORG!
    Of course! It all makes sense now! :D :p

I liked the atmosphere you created when they went to the healer's. With everyone constantly asking and forgetting her name, not trusting her, etc, I felt a real sense of both urgency and disconnectedness. As though they cared a whole lot about her as a patient, but cared nothing about her as a person. Nice work

21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Krishna is a tricky little devil!
    And why does she hate the name Skywalker so much?
    Great post as always!!

22. Quigonjecca

Jul 2, 2007
    XANI: I'm glad you're really enjoying the story! Do you think he'll be in trouble...? Oh, and yes, Qui-Gon definately has time to have another apprentice before Obi-Wan... that is, unless time catches up with Qui-Gon... [face_devil] Oh, and would you like to be on the PM list?

Alexis_Wingstar: Yes, that was a surprise wasn't it? I hope it was, I was trying to keep that fact hidden. No, it's not that AU, so yeah, she is related to both of them...

Iowaweezer: Her old name was Shri (c'mon! Shri? You'd think I could do better than that!) I'm glad you like Krishna however... It's going to be based off of immunity, but there are some small details that might be different... or large ones. All will be revealed in time... [face_whistling]

1Yodimus_Prime: Okay, so yeah, that comment was a little far fetched huh? [face_blush] I wonder if Luke would have enjoyed that! I can see it now "Use your feelings Luke! They will guide you!" LOL! I'm glad you liked the atmosphere at the Healer's- I guess I did my job!

Lady_Misty Tricky indeed! [face_thinking]

23. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    hey this is good. Keep it up

24. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    I WANT TO BE OFF THE PM LIST.......NNNNOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!.....Just kidding.
    Krishna Skywalker you say? It's so dark, when I read it I feel like screaming! (And that's a good thing with me, it means I'm on the edge of my seat and you have my attention). Anywho, it's sooo much better than the last version.

25. Quigonjecca

Jul 2, 2007
    JediKaren- Glad you enjoyed it! I hope you'll come read again sometime!

Icecruncher_Amidala- I know you better than to fall for that! ;) I'm glad you think it's better than the first one-- I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.