main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Yes, Master - a vignette - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Vader, Palpatine

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Yes, Master
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin
    Timeframe: Varies.
    Summary: The words stay the same, only the meaning changes.

Yes, Master

Qui-Gon stared up, the brightness of his eyes already growing dim, but still willing his Padawan to give the only answer he could accept. Even in death Qui-Gon was a presence to be reckoned with, and there were too many years of unquestioning obedience for Obi-Wan to think about arguing now. Especially not now.

?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan said the words his Master expected. What else could he say? His Master was dying and there was nothing he could to do stop it, but he could give him some comfort in his last moments by making the vow that was asked of him.

?He is the Chosen One,? Qui-Gon whispered with the last of his strength. Obi-Wan felt his master?s body grow slack in his arms and a shudder ran through him.

And so the promise was given. Obi-Wan held his dead Master in his arms; let his tears fall on Qui-Gon?s cool, still face.

?Yes, Master,? he promised yet again, even though Qui-Gon was past hearing him. ?I?ll do as you ask.?

Obi-Wan would never forget his promise.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Anakin looked up at Obi-Wan with shielded eyes. ?Yes, Master,? the boy mumbled and Obi-Wan repressed a sigh. There was something in the boy?s tone that was both apologetic and defiant. Only Anakin could have managed that particular combination.

There was always a wariness in Anakin?s gaze that made Obi-Wan uneasy?and unnervingly guilty. How long would it take them to be comfortable with each other? Would that day ever come?

?All right, Anakin,? Obi-Wan said with a smile, patting the boy on the head. For just a moment, he sensed the boy?s instinctive flinch. In many ways, Anakin?s days as a slave still haunted him, and it was at such moments that Obi-Wan knew they still had much work ahead of them if he was to forge Anakin Skywalker into a Jedi.

?May I go now, Master?? Anakin asked quietly, staring down at his feet. His voice was expressionless, but the emotions that Obi-Wan sensed in the Force told a different story. Inside the boy was a seething maelstrom of feelings. That was the problem, Obi-Wan thought, Anakin felt things too deeply. Every emotion was magnified and exaggerated, and every pain and joy was made larger than life.

?Of course,? Obi-Wan replied. ?Go get something to eat. I think there are some cookies in the dining hall ? your favorite?chocolate.?

As he anticipated, this news brought a grin to Anakin?s face and the boy ran joyfully down the hall, the reprimand forgotten. Of course, the reason for the reprimand was probably forgotten too, Obi-Wan mused, shaking his head, and he would be forced to make the same correction again tomorrow.

Anakin was smart and talented, of that there could be no doubt, but that only made his mistakes that much more troublesome. Anakin, he was learning, followed his heart, even when it led him to decisions that a Jedi would not make.

There is time, he assured himself. Time to curb his recklessness?

He stared after his young Padawan and wondered if he was the Master that Anakin needed. I?ll make sure that I am, he promised himself.

~~~~~~~~~

?Yes, Master,? Anakin said impatiently, shifting restlessly on his feet. ?It won?t happen again, Master.?

?This weapon is your life, Anakin,? Obi-Wan repeated yet again. How many times had he handed Anakin a saber that he himself had rescued? Too many times to count, and each time Anakin promised it would be the last.

?Yes, Master? I know, Master,? Anakin replied dutifully, but his expression was distracted and impatient.

Obi-Wan knew that Anakin had already moved past his Master?s words and was two steps ahead in their mission. That was just one of the things that made Anakin such a formidable soldier?and such a trying apprentice.

?As good as you are with a saber, I would think you could hold onto one a bit longer,? Obi-Wan observed with a grin.

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    This is wonderful.[face_love]

Love how the 'yes, Master' ran through it.
    The last ojne was especially touching. *sigh*

3. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    :_| =D= [face_love] [face_laugh]
    That made me cry but it was nevertheless wonderful!!!

4. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Oh my God, Kim, you are the MASTER!

What a horrendous thing for Obi-Wan to have to swallow, that Anakin gave to the Sith the humility and patience that he never gave as a Jedi.

Until the end, when he re-turned, to himself. (Loved that, by the way --Turning, he caught a glimpse of a face he had not seen since he was a boy.)

Just a short little vig, but look what it's done to me...:_| (in a good way)

P.S. His son had touched upon that small light and magnified it endlessly, driving away the darkness within.

What a beautiful sentence!!!

5. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    The whole story was gorgeous but I especially loved the ending! [face_love]
    Beautiful! @};-
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked all the Yes Masters and how they held different meanings.

This scene I found particularly heartbreaking.

There was Anakin, kneeling to a Sith Lord and acknowledging him as Master. It seemed like something out of his worst nightmares. He felt Yoda?s compassionate gaze on him as he turned away from the tiny, holographic image. It loomed large in his mind, the image of Anakin on his knees, humble and patient and willing to obey ? the perfect apprentice, something he had never been as a Jedi.

Great job.

7. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    And Obi-Wan knew that Anakin Skywalker was lost forever.

So little faith, Obi-Wan. :_| At least all was set right in the end.

No Padme?

Beautiful job Kim @};-

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    How heartbreaking for Obi-Wan to witness Anakin humble, patient and willing to obey - Sidious

:_| :_| :_| :_|

?Your journey is over and now you may rest.

That brought tears to my eyes

At least Anakin made the right choice in the end

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    again a beautiful piece with a redeemed Anakin at the end.

Loved it=D=@};-

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ?The man you once were and that he knew you could be again,? Obi-Wan murmured.

?Your son had faith in you, Anakin,? Qui-Gon observed with a smile. ?That is a gift beyond measure.?

?He saved me,? Anakin said, still dazed at his son?s love.

?You have done well, Anakin,? Obi-Wan said gently and took his hands. ?Your journey is over and now you may rest.?

?Yes, Master,? Anakin whispered, and his soul was at peace.

Loved the repetition, but nice as it is that Anakin's soul is at peace, I darn well hope that so is Obi-Wan's! I know, I know, "implied" that is, but Anakin wasn't the only one to suffer.

Still: O:).

11. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    That was wonderful! =D=

You did a wonderful job of describing each scene and letting the emotion build. Loved it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.