main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Theaters with midnight showings

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cheezric, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheezric

Cheezric Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2000
    Hi! I'm in Yorba Linda and I'm curious to know what theaters in Orange County are having midnight showings. For Episode I, my friends and I went to the Edwards Theater in Anaheim Hills. I went down to inquire about when advance ticket sales start only to find out they are not having a midnight premiere. I would appreciate if any posted any theaters they knew of that having having a midnight premiere! Thanks!

2. HandmaidenAnde

HandmaidenAnde Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    I dropped by the Century Promenade in Orange today to check on tickets and showings. The lady I spoke with in Customer Service was very nice even with bad news. She said she didn't think they would be selling tickets more than 5 days ahead of time even when I told her they did in '99. She also said that they wouldn't be having a midnight showing because, although the 12:00 am and 12:30 am shows sold out, the early morning shows were empty. (Wouldn't it make sense then to do those two shows if they sold out?)

However, she thought AOTC opened on Friday the 17th, so I'm not sure how confident I am with her answers. She gave me the customer service number and I'll call them tomorrow. I have seen all the Star Wars films at the Cinedome or Promenade, so I'm hoping they change their minds for midnight.

Anyone else have any luck?

MTFBWY,
    Andé

3. DarthYosef

DarthYosef Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2001
    The AMC Fullerton 20 is having a midnight showing. I have my ticket :)

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    A nice place to go is Irvine Spectrum. They have the new Digital stuff there... so AOTC can be seen at its best. I'm trying to get my mom to buy me tickets--but my dad thinks midnight showings are dangerous. [face_rolleyes]

5. Cheezric

Cheezric Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2000
    Just tell your dad to come with you! I called up Galaxy Cinemas here in Yorba Linda and he said they probably will have a midnight showing although he can't say it's offcial untill monday, when the tickets go on sale. I will probably go see it there, only because it's close to me. I'll post back tomorrow after I get the official confirmation. =)

-Eric

6. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Bought my tickets today at Irvine Spectrum for midnight show opening day, and for 7:30 on Friday night.

regards
    Pat

7. DarthObsidian

DarthObsidian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    thebadge: I am going to the friday 7:30pm showing also! I have a group of about 14 people meeting up there. Most of us are from San Diego, about 3 from Orange.

8. Cheezric

Cheezric Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2000
    Well, Galaxy is having the midnight showing and so is the Edwards in Yorba Linda. I went there sunday to see spider man and was angered to see a sign saying "Buy your midnight showing tickets here!". Why was I angered? Because I went there on Thursday and three people assured me there would not be one. Oh well. Now I just need to pack my line materials!

-Eric

9. HandmaidenAnde

HandmaidenAnde Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    I was away at Celebration II this weekend and was very upset that I missed out on buying tickets for the midnight shows. It looks like most of them are sold out already.

Thought I would pass this along...I called the customer service line for Century Stadium. They said they'll start selling tickets this Wednesday at 10 am. They won't know until then if they'll do a midnight show. Here's hoping.

Andé

10. godzuki

godzuki Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    hey badge.

When you called up or went too(whatever) to the Spectrum what was the midnight showing for? Was it on the IMAX or the Digital Theater?

Cause when i called them up i spoke to the manager and he said the midnight show wasnt decided what theater it will be in. And that the digital screen was still up for debate as a midnight showing.

Rather know from someone with the goods then dealing with someone at the box office who has there head firmly up there ass.

11. JediSavant

JediSavant Jedi Grand Master

Oct 11, 1999
    "I was away at Celebration II this weekend and was very upset that I missed out on buying tickets for the midnight shows. It looks like most of them are sold out already.

Thought I would pass this along...I called the customer service line for Century Stadium. They said they'll start selling tickets this Wednesday at 10 am. They won't know until then if they'll do a midnight show. Here's hoping.

Andé"

I was away at the Celebration II as well (I'm still on the road, on my way home) but I got some friends working on the tickets for me. One of my friends went by and asked one of the people working at the Century Stadium (Promenade) and according to the person he talked to they won't be doing a midnight screening. I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one.

The Jedi Savant

12. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
    Cool,
    I am going Wed night and meeting a buddy of mine, Friday night I am taking the wife, followed by dinner at PF Changs. Needless to say I am leaving work early Wed and calling in sick Thursday. I am pumped !

thebadge

13. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
    I wish I had asked, but I simply bought my tickets and was to happy to think about which theater its in. I wonder how many screens they will show it on at midnight?
    After looking at my ticket it says T#10 don't know which one that is, probably the crummy one. Either way this movie is going to be great!
    thebadge

14. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
    I can't sleep! So much for napping before EpII. I am leaving in 1 hour.

woohoo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.