main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THEATRES OF WAR Star Wars Saga Play by Post

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Katana_Geldar, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    During the 4 day hyperspace jump Daj sleeps, eats, checks the controls etc.

Half listening for the realspace warning, Daj heads to the common room and looks for a little distraction before the mission. Anyone up for some sabbacc? I could use a couple creds. she said with a wink.

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    (Okay, lets just get this plot moving, people. I'm tried of waiting.)

After four days in hyperspace, you revert into realspace in the vicinity of Imperial Centre, though not yet within hailing distance.

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/17/Coruscant-AoTCW.jpg]

As per usual, there is a fair amount of traffic entering areound the same time, with military, non-military and heavy freight waiting to enter Imperial City.

(Normally, I would skip right to the METOSP, but as this is a not-very-friendly planet, something needs to be done first.)

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    "Here's where we find out if that code we got is worth whatever was paid for it." Hirry makes sure that the patched transponder code is the one currently active. After that he listens to the chatter on the traffic control frequency.

Is this an automated system where arriving ships are assigned based on computer algorhythms, or are there galactic space traffic control officers who manually do all that work?

4. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (I go with the idea that unscheduled arrivals get an actual person as well as an automated one. It makes sense, as you can see in the Wookiee page)

5. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    OK, then. Sorry if I get the name wrong.
    Hirry flips to the communications system. "This is freightor 'Errant Vagabond' to Imperial Center control, requesting entry into the traffic grid. We've been chartered to pick up civilian passengers. Please direct us to a civilian landing facility in or near sector..." he consults the charts and geographical data, "...1138 by 324." After flipping the comms to receive only, "Well, let's hope they're in an accomodating mood."

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    A rather bossy and officious voice comes over the comm. Errant Vagabond, this is Imperial Centre Airspace control. Landing procedures will begin upon recognition of your hyperspace transciever code.

(Need a Deception check +5 rolled for a Deceptive Appearance)

7. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I rolled a 19, plus whatever my modifiers are.

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Modified, your roll is a 27)

You pass through the clearance with no problems, an automated voice gives you the number of a docking bay in Westport.

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/6b/Coruscant_view_EII_1.jpg]

The Kemps Ridley makes it way through the air traffic of Imperial Centre as morning breaks over the city below you. Westport is one of the main civilian spaceports, not far from the old abandoned Jedi Temple which you can see as you go in.

The docking bay is fairly basic. Here are the services. standard fuel may or not be available today at 50 credits a kilo, as with consumables for ten credits a kilo but no mechanic available. (If anyone is wondering, these are all from tables :-B)

Once you land, you hear another voice come over the comm. Errant Vagabond , this is Westport Security, please lower your ramp for the standard cargo check and idenfification process You hear a long pause and a sigh. And make it snappy, will ya? I got seven other ships to do before my break.

If you choose to take a look outside through the ship's viewports, you seen a rather tubby human in an ill-fitting uniform with two lightly armed security guards. If the official doesn't look efficient, the guards certainly do.

9. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Let's get this done. Everyone hide your official Rebel Alliance IDs, insignia, or anything else that says 'please shoot me'."
    Unless anyone objects or wants to interject(or wants to be the one to open the hatch instead), Hirry hits the switch and steps back.
    "Our pilot has the official forms if you need them, sir. Please come aboard."

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    The official directs the men to search the ship and then looks at Hirry Grint with some annoyance. Ten tell your pilot to get me his ship's ops and registry, and then when we're done with that we can start with the ID of everyone on board. You got any cargo?

(Dajuan, need a Deception check from you against that Perception check)

11. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Guys, I think we need to call a time out as I am asking myself if it is worth continuing this game. Dave told me not to bother waiting for him, Dajuan has to take a break and the plot of this story is moving slower than a dehydrated Hutt. I know it's not really anyone's fault, but there comes a time more than once in a GM's life when she has to consider throwing it in. So, I ask you guys.

Do you want to continue?

AND

Will you be able to continue?

I realise I am still learning to GM online, it's a litle more difficult than in person, but neither way works if there is no input from players. However, I have planned this campaign with the same sort of things in mind as a real life one, perhaps more as there are quite a few twists and turns in this one that I was looking forward to pulling over you. There's also the maps and tokens for encounters that are just sitting on PC, waiting for you guys to get to.

I'm not bitter, I can simply take this campaign to another site centred on roleplaying as I would like to see this played out. But I would prefer to see it played out with you guys.

Dajuan and Dave, I understand totally if you guys can't, though you'll have to be written out of the story Daj, but considering the lack of activity here, I thought it was time it should be addressed.

Well?

12. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I'm game.

13. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    RL's been taking a toll, but my issues will be resolved come Wednesday.

I'd love to continue and will be able to pay a lot more attention in a few more days.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Honestly once this semester started it's been difficult to get a lot of free time. Also, I always feel a little lost in the game, I'm still new enough to RPG that I never know what I should be doing. We're doing a higher level of detail here than I'm used to from my in person campaign. Plus, it sort of feels like talking to myself lately. I think if others participate a little more, I'd be more excited about the game again. Guess my vote is to try to keep going for a bit more, then see how it goes. Next week is my spring break which should give me a little more time (provided we don't have house showings every day).

15. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Just waiting to hear word from Luigi, but I am trying to hurry up the game to get to an encounter for you guys, where hopefully things will move a little faster.

And that was where I was prepared to bring in Dave, if he's still willing.

Glad to see you guys are in favour of continuing. I was a little worried for a few days there. :D

16. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    For some reason, Luigi hasn't responded to my messages. :mad:

I've given him an ultimatum: if he doesn't respond by the end of the weekend then the game is going on without him. I could have just thrown it in his face then and there but wanted to give you guys a few days to prepare.

And if it does go on without him, then I'll think of some amusing way for his character to leave the party [face_devil].

Daj, I would still like to see your Deception check and then we'll go on from there.

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
  18. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    ((I'm assuming we all have some sort of fake ID?))

19. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (OOC: I'd do an extended GM of the thread later on, it's 10.20pm and I just got back from playing D&D :-B Oh and yeah, you do have Alliance IDs, they're sort of standard issue on these missions. :D)

The guards return, having found nothing untoward on Kemps Ridley. They perform a mere cursory inspection of your IDs, intent to be on their way.

Well citizens, I didn't find anything to pin on you this time! He laughs to himself and goes on his way.

Docking is 50 credits, which you pay to an official before you leave Westport. This is also where you can roll and pay to get fuel, but Daj can just roll and we won't roleplay that.

Now, if you guys go outside you will find a station to a hovertrain that will take you to the Uscru District, which is one of the places where you want to go. The line also goes on to South Redloheb a little further on, where the prison is located.

20. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Right, first we observe, then we act. Get your gear together and let's go."
    When everyone is ready, Hirry leads the way to the train. Plan is to get off in the Usha District, watch the tapcaf for a few minutes, then head in and see if we can monitor the prison site. Side note is to see if we can figure out if the person who took the video holo is there & available for a private chat.

21. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Daj, is there you wish to add about the Seventh Star? BTW, Tua is still with you until otherwise stated)

22. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Marcus puts together a small medpac and makes sure that there are some tranquilizers present, then double checks the encryption on his comlink.

"Sounds like a plan. Ready when you are, sarge."

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    ((I'll add something in the morning. Feeling pretty blah tonight))

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We need to be careful at the Seventh Star. It's in the center of a pretty mean crime district. Exercise extreme caution and try to stay under the radar here. We'll meet our contact and get out.

25. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    So, off we go, into the nice big baited trap...
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.