THEATRES OF WAR Star Wars Saga Play by Post

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Katana_Geldar, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Marcus picked up his duffel bag again. "Mind if we continue this on the ship? I'd like to get a look at it and drop off my things. Might as well put together our acquisition list there anyway."
  2. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    (I'll have the information about Vaynar and Cerulea later on, but I kinda have to react to "the news".)
  3. Koohii Force Ghost

star 5
    Right. Everyone gather your gear and move to the ship. We leave in 15 unless we get clearance faster. Hirry looks at his group of 4... And make sure you have that mission pack. Unless someone here is a starship tech, we need to requsition someone to install the transponder pack. If no one volunteers for that, Hirry will find a tech in the hangar bay and boss him around, mercilessly reminding him of both the need for speed and that lives are at stake if he doesn't get it right.
    All the while, he's trying to break his voice into something like the accent the few people from the Imperial Center Capitol he'd met had.
  4. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    I don't see what is making Dajuan's twice as much as mine then. I see that it says skill mod on the character sheet, but if that's the case, mine also says 10. We're the same level and have the same INT modifier.
  5. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ((She counted it as a class skill, which would be the additional 5. Though, skimmed her character sheet and it doesn't seem to say what Knowledges she took.))
  6. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    I'm going to roll with that for now, but can you re-send me your character sheet Dajuan? When I saw and approved it I was in Sydney and I don't have it anymore for some reason.
  7. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    Just a friendly not, MythWeavers is down for a few days. They're moving their server or something.
  8. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    Can I work on starships with the mechanic skill? Sorry for all of the ooc stuff.
  9. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    (Mechanics is used for anything mechanical, so yes, starships included.

So, on your way to the ship...)

The Kemps Ridley is in a hangar that's almost too small, hewn from rock and open at the back with the vacuum of space kept at bay by a magnetic shield you can see flickering slightly.

Apart from a servo droid standing deactivated in the corner, the hangar is deserted.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/Katana_Geldar/Rebellion/Ghtrocmap.jpg]

(Feel free to use the map to roleplay where you are on the ship. As for supplies, need some lists first...)
  10. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ((are their npc screw on the Ridley, or are there just the 4 of us for rooming purposes?))
  11. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Where would the ship's owner like me setting up a medbay?

I'd also hand Hirry a file with a list of medical supplies: as many medkits, medpacs, surgical kits, liters of bacta as possible, and though we won't get one I'll ask for it anyway: a medical droid assistant! Also I could use some sort of medical scanner. Also maybe a dedicated medical datapad.
  12. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    (There are just the four of you on the ship. Also, I am away from my computer at the moment but later tonight I'll give you a list of what is already in the cargohold of Kemps Ridley)
  13. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    (I didn't have my actual sheet with me at work I was just going off the one on mythweaver's. I apparently should have only had the +5 not +10, sorry.

Supplies, I would like an Ascension Gun and a Sidearm Blaster both from the Galaxy at War book. Those are my favorites.)

Welcome aboard everyone! Find your quarters quickly and strap in! We'll be jumping system quickly.

(Next time we chat I'll bring up the holopicture of the Twi'Lek.)
  14. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    (Well, you can't unscramble eggs, even though it's a mistake I'm all for moving on right now. Sorry Luigi, but there's other dice rolls)
  15. Koohii Force Ghost

star 5
    Hirry scrapes the bloodstain and blaster marks from his light armor, grabs his carbine and vibrobayonette, utility belt with synthrope (50meters) and grapple hook, grenade bandolier, automapper, and other sundries. After securing his gear, he finds a secure seat and straps in. If there's an NPC crew, he takes the middle lounge seat. If not, he takes the "Systems Operator" seat so he can work the shields and communications.
  16. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    I guess I need some equipment then.

-Blaster Pistol
    -Hold-out pistol(with concealed holster)
    -Detonite and timer
    -Sensor pack
    -Datapad
    -Security kit
    -Utility belt

If that's okay.

Tua will be in the engineering station going over the datacards, unless he needs to help fly. Can I install the transponder codes(how)?
  17. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    (Just a friendly note, if Luigi's character fails his Mechanics roll the sublight engine fries, for good. [face_devil] Myth-weavers is going to be down all weekend while they change servers, and thanks for the lists, add them to your character sheets when we get them back.)

In the cargo hold of Kemp's Ridley.

Stores of food and water for two standard months
    Enough fuel for ten standard days of travel*
    1 medpacs
    1 Holoprojector and recorder (this is in the lounge and cannot be moved)
    8 power packs**
    4 Energy cells
    2 field kits
    2 rolls of mesh tape
    1 power generator
    2 glow rods
    1 vacsuit
    1 tool kit
    1 spacer's chest (Dajuan's)

*There are conditions on this, as an entire days fuel is used in every hour of atmospheric flight and for a single hyperspace jump.
    **A note on payload here, after an encounter you need to reload. I'm not being anal about it as it's hard enough to keep track of in a real game.

Kemps Ridley statblock
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/Katana_Geldar/Rebellion/shipstatblock.jpg]
  18. Koohii Force Ghost

star 5
    Maybe we should get a couple of astromechs to help with that sublight drive thing...
    Is mesh tape the SW Duct tape?
  19. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    If you want an atsro droid, you'll have to borrow one as I am not giving one away for free. Myth-weavers is still down, but as far as I can recall his Mechanics skill is 10 and will be fine.

AS for mesh tape, it is duct tape and you can find it's properties on page 139. And like the Force, it has a light side, a dark side and binds the galaxy together, yuk yuk yuk.
  20. Koohii Force Ghost

star 5
    I figured they might have a couple we could borrow from the droid labour pool for a short repair job.

Does it come in colors? Black, Silver, white, florescent orange? Monkey-puke green?
  21. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    Can I take ten for this, or do I have to roll?
  22. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    Your choice, luigi, though if you take ten your actions will be limited until you leave as you'll be installing the false transponder until you succeed. But the sublight engine fries if you fail by less than ten, the only way that is going to happen is if you are really unlucky and roll a natural one.

Koohi, as for a atsro droid you're going to have to go and find some sort of mechanic, particularly given that you're in the cockpit and can't see much of the hangar. As for repairs, they were done earlier soon after you arrived at the base a few days ago. Ship is good to go.

Dajuan, can you please control your crew?
  23. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
  24. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    Do not taunt the happy fun dice! They'll roll a one for you if you're not careful.

Myth-weavers is back up!
  25. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Though the ship's captain...hm. Marcus realized he still hadn't learned her name, oh well. Regardless, though she'd asked everyone to get ready to jump as soon as possible certain things had to be done. Tua was already at work on the engines...and that should give him enough time.

Handing a list of supplies to the Sarge was one thing, but he might as well see what he could coerce out of the local medics first. After stowing his possessions and gear in one of the passenger bunk rooms, the doctor slipped the empty duffel bag over his shoulder and headed for engineering.

He called out to Tua, "Got a quick errand to run but I'll be back as soon as I can--just make sure the ship's still here when I get back!" After hearing a grunt of acknowledgement, he made his way out the ramp and back through the Rebel base to the medical clinic, where he'd attempt to talk whoever was staffing it to give up some supplies. The asteroid base might be remote, but it'll be far more likely to be restocked than a deep cover Alliance cell.

Persuade Roll: 1d20=10, +7 = 17.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.