main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THEATRES OF WAR Star Wars Saga Play by Post

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Katana_Geldar, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Just remember, that transponder needs a swift action to be activated and using it requires a Deception check for a deceptive appearance.

Aragorn

The medical bay of the base is cramped like the rest of it, but clean. There are a few bunks, some empty and a few with people in them as well as a battered MD Droid rolling about. You see a young kid who looks barely out of medschool stacking the shelves of a supply cupboard from a box and almost drops something delicate as you come in.

Oh hi, I'm Sh...Dr Shim, something I can help you with?

(We need to take this through, though unless you as for something he really doesn't want to give you it'll be a go)

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    "A pleasure to meet you, Dr. Shin," Marcus said with a forced smile, while offering his hand. Calling a kid this young a doctor is likely a larger stretch than a Hutt in spandex. "I'm Dr. Webber, Alliance surgeon. I'm afraid I need to ask you to part with a few of your medical supplies." He gently held up a hand to forestall a protest. "I've been attached to the Kemp's Ridley and we'll be operating independently without any support or chance to resupply through official lines for some time. Whatever medical and surgical kits, medpacs, bacta, bandages and other tools you can spare would be tremendously appreciated, and I'm sure you'll be resupplied by the next transport in or so."

His eyes glanced over to the medical droid, then back to Dr. Shin. Useful though the droid may be, I'm guessing this kid'll need it more than me. Ugh. He offered a hesitant smile. "There's not much I can offer in return, I'm afraid...but I do have some spare time before I have to leave. Do you need a hand with any of your patients?"

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Tua checked his chronometer. Sometimes he wished it would take him a bit longer when working with technology. He drummed his fingers on the desk and waited for the rest of the crew to get on board.

4. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Shin looks a bit startled by this, shaking Marcus' hand rather limply and smiling awkwardly. "What? Surgeon? Oh, you must have come in on the latest supply ship, didn't you? You're shipping out again so soon? Uh, thought that...well, some supplies you wanted..." He looks at the cupboard blankly for a few moments and then at the boxes that he is holding which he manages not to drop by juggling them. "Well, you've come on the right day, the supply ship's been in...but I guess you know that as you were there... He pauses, puts the boxes in the cupboard and looks at them and then picks up the list of supplies inside the box. Now, you wanted bacta*...we don't actually have a bacta tank here, it's rather small and anyone who would need bacta therapy is usually stabilised and then sent on. We do have a few medpacs I think I can spare, and lot of the stuff that you mentioned is already in there. He looks around at the patients, from the Rhodian with the broken leg, to the human encased in an oxygen tent, to the Neimoidian lying motionless on his bed. "I can let you have say...five medpacs...and I'm really not sure what to do about that Neimodian. Haven't seen anything like it...screaming like an idiot when he came in. But if you can help me out with that, I'll say it's a done deal then."

*There are other things bacta is used for, (patches, spray etc) but I am not including them as they are not statted. The only thing that is statted in terms of bacta is tanks. Most of the stuff you are talking about is in medpacs, which are expendable unlike surgical kits and medical kits. And you have one of each of those and a space med kit on the ship.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Alright crew. I'm captain Daj. I'll show you where your bunks are. Store your gear and strap in. We're taking off as soon as we have clearance.

*Leads crew members to the crew quarters then heads to the pilot's chair.*

6. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    ((Ah, wasn't 100% sure the kits weren't used up after using them. So, yeah, would just need to medpacs anyway. Thanks!))

"Of course. Let's see what we can do..." he trailed off as he began to examine the alien. At least now things might prove to be somewhat interesting.

Treat injury: Total of 18.

7. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Aside from a slight clouding of his eyes, the Neimoidian looks otherwise healthy even if a little strained. He is heavily sedated. Had to knock him out Shim explains. Kept on thrashing about and screaming, his crew had to leave him here and as it's not life-threatening, it's not a priority.

You have heard of something like this though, perhaps even seen it in your time with the Empire of your training. Yet it requires much longer treatment than a place like this can provide, feel free to make something up here.

8. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    As he brought the examination to a close, Marcus moved the small flashlight back over the alien's eyes. "Hm. I'm not sure what's causing the clouding in the eyes...possibly a minor infection in the scent glands?" Flicking the light off, he set it on the table and pulled up the patient's chart again. "No elevated levels of dialogen, plus of course, the lack of infection amongst the rest of his crew, yourself, and those on the base can rule out the Loedorvian Brain Plague, thankfully."

He shrugged and glanced around the small clinic. "Well, Dr. Shin...I'm not seeing anything in particular that could be causing the erratic behavior. I suspect it could be a type of somatoform disorder. There's a particular state I've heard of that could be a possible cause: hyper-rapture. If you can track down what ship he was serving on, I'd check to see if the transparisteel was opaqued on board, or if he spent too much time staring out into hyperspace. If it is a somatoform disorder, it will require a long term treatment that the facilities here likely won't be able to handle. I recommend transporting the patient to larger facility at your earliest convenience."

His eye caught the large chronometer on the wall. "I'm afraid I have to get back to my ship as soon as possible...the captain seemed particularly eager to launch, and I'd hate to miss the ride. Marcus shook the younger doctor's hand. He's not nearly as bad as I'd thought."Best of luck, Dr. Shin."

((after wrapping up the conversation with him, I'll be jogging back to the ship with the supplies))

9. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Shin looks a little releved and grateful. Thanks, I'll pass on to Commander Ardanna what you said.

As you enter the hangar you see a Sullustan mechanic activating the servo droid. You with the Kemps Ridley? Can you tell captain Dajuan that I need to speak wiht her for a moment, she needn't come out it's just she seems to have deactivated her ship's comm.

(OOC Very, very nice work! =D=)

10. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    The doctor nodded to the mechanic and headed quickly back up the ramp into the ship continuing his jog until he reached engineering. Raising his bag with one hand, he threw a casual wave to Tua with the other. The Kel Dor looked like he'd been done for awhile. "Mission accomplished: five more medpacs. I'm sorry I kept you waiting--add another round to the drinks I owe you."

He glanced over his shoulder in the direction of the cockpit. "I've got a message for the captain from a mechanic outside. Want to head up with me and let her know how the transponder job went?"

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    "If the evening should ever come when I happen to cash in on those drinks, I shall be quite inebriated by the end of it."

Tua got up from his seat. "Lead on, Doctor."

12. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    We make out way up to the front of the ship, meeting the other two party members there.

"Captain, Sergeant," Marcus said as he nodded to the pair already seated in the cockpit. "Captain Dajuan, the mechanic out in the hangar bay needed to have a word with you. The ship's comm system's offline."

((Aside, with Daj piloting and Koohii running systems, curious as to what EF and I should do. We both have the same piloting bonus, but I appear to be the only one with the vehicular combat feat. Should I be on weapons then with EF co-piloting?))

13. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Check out page 169 of core, the roles for ship crew are outlined there but it's basically broken up between people trained in Mechanics, Pilot and Use Computer, with the exception of the gunner and there is only one on this ship. I suggest you review Chapter 10 but I will be going into the specifics of the particular ship before you guys head out.The ship is on pages 88-89 of Starships if you happen to have it. I imagine the engineer will have a lot of running around to do do repair the engines or at least have two doing it given the way the ship is built)

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Daj sighs and stands.

I better go see what's going wrong on my bucket now, I did not shut the comms down. . Either of you capable of continuing the ship's prep? I'd like to head out ASAP.

Daj heads down to speak with the Sullustan

Addressing the Sullustan:
    You needed to see me? There's apparently something wrong with the comm system on the Kemp.

15. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    The Sullustan seems a little surprised to see you. What? I told that guy who went in that you didn't have to come out, ma'am, as I just wanted a quick word. Just to let you know that your ship is fueled, filled and ready to go, and I guess you know to be careful out there with those asteroids.

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'll probably be needed in engineering, and I imagine a ship the size of Ridley has guns that can be operated from the co-pilot position (based on other YT models).

17. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (This ship is NOT a YT! It's a Ghtroc 720! :mad: It has one set of guns that are operated form the gunnery station in the cockpit and they are in a fixed forward position, so to shoot somehting behind you you need to turn around. I deliberately did not want a YT as it's used all the time.)

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    It looks like one, but I remember that it is not now. My mistake.

We're just a little shorthanded, so since we're not expecting to run into any trouble, maybe we should just leave the gun station empty for now, unless Daj can pilot it by herself.

19. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    With Daj outside, I'll continue the ship prep, then take the co-pilot's seat for now, then.

20. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Might as well tell you guys this now...you'll be going out into the asteroid field which will be a Skill Challenge to get through. I'll explain about the details of how they work in a minute. But you'll need to be in positions on the ship where you can think your character can do the best with what they have. Starship skill challenges will require at least (but not limited to) Pilot, Mechanics and a little Use Computer.
    The positions on the ship of course, are Pilot, Co-Pilot, Systems Operator, Gunner and Mechanic which on this ship is away from the cockpit in the engineering bay in the ship and requires a comlink linkup as the person back there will not know what is going on and will probably have to be given orders.
    I'm not telling you where to put your character, just choose where you think you will do the best and then we can go on. :D)

21. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    If there's no one more qualified, Hirry will sit at systems operations to man the communications and shields. If there is someone better suited, than Hirry will sit in the turret or crash-couch lounge.

22. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    So Daj piloting, Grunt as Systems Operator, Malik as mechanic, with Webber switching between co-pilot and gunnery as needed?

23. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Dajuan isn't sure if she'll be on tonight, but we're about set for the leaving. When you're on your way out, I;ll start the skill challenge.

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    To the Sullustan:
    Gotcha. Guess I'm a little edgy before the mission, heh. Thanks got getting her ready!

Daj trots back to the cockpit.

Thanks for continuing prep Dr Webber. If everyone is strapped in and ready to go we'll get this bird in the air!
    Daj straps in and starts flipping switches to ready for lift off.

(Sorry, TFN's been wonky for me at home but it seems to be better now. Hopefully this won't be an issue this weekend.)

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Tua is positioned in engineering and ready to go.

(You mentioned something about having to set up the comlink, do we need to roll for that or something?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.