Clone Wars Theatrical Film - "The Clone Wars" - Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Garth Maul, Apr 11, 2011.

?

Grade the Theatrical Film - "The Clone Wars"

10 4 vote(s) 4.9%
9 2 vote(s) 2.5%
8 18 vote(s) 22.2%
7 15 vote(s) 18.5%
6 18 vote(s) 22.2%
5 9 vote(s) 11.1%
4 3 vote(s) 3.7%
3 5 vote(s) 6.2%
2 3 vote(s) 3.7%
1 4 vote(s) 4.9%
  1. quigonobi3 Jedi Master

star 1
    Ididnt mind the original film but i found the animation a bit stiff and starchy it just goes to show how much the quality of the animation has improved from what it was in the original and how much iAshoka has evolved over the years in the original i found her mildly irritating but now she is one of my firm favourites,i also prefere the look of Anakin and Obi Wan as they look now rather than the wooden look they had then even the lightsabre combat wasnt as good as it is now and also the writing has improved and evolved since the original as well
    rumblewagon likes this.
  2. rumblewagon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Thank you for your contribution. Anything will help.
  3. Coric Force Ghost

star 4
    That's what comments are fooooor!

4. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    O'RLY? Lets take a look and see if any current opinions have changed... from 18 months ago.

From April 2011
    From yesterday.... its clear that Zandalor feels the exact same way.

From Monday...
    From Monday....

On Monday, you said you paid to watch it in theater... but this post from last April says just the opposite. At least your opinion of the movie was consistent.

All the old votes are still visible and the recent opinions match the originals. I'd hardly call that ruined... its just more of the same.
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Dec 19, 2012
    Barriss_Coffee and rumblewagon like this.
  5. rumblewagon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hmmmmmmmmm.......
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............
    Very interesting...very interesting indeed.
    Last edited by rumblewagon, Dec 19, 2012
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  6. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    GG just doesn't want to admit he lined up for a midnight showing in his homemade Rotta the Hutt t-shirt, and then was bitterly disappointed. :p

Edit: If the new poll is that big a deal, I suppose we could have everybody revote. o_O
    Last edited by Garth Maul, Dec 19, 2012
  7. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    We could even vote on if we should revote. =b
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  9. cwustudent Force Ghost

star 4
    See, I think that's a reasonable score. The movie isn't perfect, but TCW(2008) got more things right than it got wrong. Those few 1/10s in the poll annoy me.
    Darth Vader likes this.
  10. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Quite true
  11. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    You cited two votes.....out of about 60.

YOU FAIL SO ******* HARD.
  12. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    It's called DVD SSS, not theater...

Please take a look at my icon. Thanks.

Now I bet you're going to quickly find posts of mine to oppose this just to prove a point and troll some more. You won't find anything because I do own this crappy movie on DVD.
    Last edited by GGrievous, Dec 19, 2012
  13. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    DVD? Thanks for clarifying.

And yeah, your icon looks the same...

Want a larger sample? Go ask the other 58 if their votes have changed.;)

[face_laugh]
  14. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    It is a bit confusing for those of us who came into LACWAC a bit later. I didn't post much on LACWAC on the IGN boards and I was on a fandom hiatus when the film premiered in 2008 so I didn't watch it until around season 2 of the show. From my end, we had a new thread, then the old poll got resurrected, which was all fine, but then I logged out and logged back in and couldn't figure out what the hell I was looking at. I'm not picking on this merger specifically; something similar happened in the Episode VII forums with character discussions. Threads merged and then posts didn't follow each other very well--instead of a conversation, the thread looked more like several intoxicated people blurting out random hallucinations.

Just my take.
  15. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Some of the same people are still around, others aren't. If someone's no longer around, we just take their old vote?
  16. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    What if people who voted then want to change their vote? They can't without voting twice, which skews the results.

Pretty simple stuff, here.

Again, the point was for people to watch it NOW and then vote after having watched it, not have people throw out the same opinion they had 18 months ago without watching the movie (even if it would be the same).

The people who are gone.....what if their opinions have changed? Too bad, their old votes are still represented here, even though they're no longer part of the community.

Or, or, get this.......make a fresh poll. That's what polls do, ask people their opinions.
    Last edited by CT-867-5309, Dec 19, 2012
    anakinfansince1983 and GGrievous like this.
  17. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't understand why you were bolding and quoting posts SSS. To start trouble? Well you did attract certain users.
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth btw
  18. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Ok. Lets just calm down here. I think we've had a to many cooks in the kitchen trying to please everybody situation here. I am thinking we'll continue to chat in here. The live chat will happen as planned tonight and Friday and god willing I'll still create the new poll on Saturday.
    Last edited by Seerow, Dec 19, 2012
  19. Julius Vernon Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I recently re-watched the film after reading the novel. I have to say I think Karen Traviss is a very solid author and brings elements to the story that filled a lot of gaps for me. The first time I watched the film there were parts that embarrassed me. Not as much this time (aside from the Cartman voice of Ziro).

I really enjoyed the music. I realize it is not John Williams, but the music fit extremely well.

Ventress is terrific.

Ahsoka is better than I remembered (though this may just be me getting used to her).

The Teth monastery scenes are very solid.

The scene with Anakin facing Dooku on Tatooine is very well done.

Overall I am trying not to let my SW enthusiasm taint a rather objective rating so I gave it a 6/10, (same as first viewing, though I did enjoy it more, I'm just trying to temper what may be SW excitement in me).
  20. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I meant to ask about the chat. Thank you for clarifying.
  21. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    No problem, chatters should keep a watch on this thread however.
  22. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Ooo I'm in the chatroom. Groovy. This still happening?
    Last edited by Todd the Jedi, Dec 19, 2012
  23. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
  24. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Is this only for people watching the movie tonight or are lurkers who want to see what others are saying about it welcome? :p
    cwustudent likes this.
  25. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Lurkers can come in. Come on in. I doubt anyone will be lost. If this is successful. I'l find more community building uses for this chatroom.
    Last edited by Seerow, Dec 19, 2012
    KenobiSkywalker likes this.