main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Theed Palace- Official Handmaiden Fic Archive - - - Any stories about Naboo also welcome!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Sache8, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    An inspired idea of mine, for all those of you loyal and obsessed with all things Handmaiden and Naboo. ;)

If you've written anything about our five.... no, eight illustrious girls, Sabé, Rabé, Eirtaé, Yané, Saché, Cordé, Dormé, and Versé, please feel free to advertise it here.

Also, any fics about the greatest of all planets called Naboo would be welcome. Even Gungan stories.

To start us off, two very special fics by my good friend Obischick:

Rabé's Story Completed

Eirtaé's Story Completed

Two wonderful companion pieces that are part of a series in progress. Look for Saché's Story coming up in November. ;)

My own contribution features Handmaidens quite heavily in the end- but it's also an NJO story. It might also be considered a companion to Obischick's Rabé story, since she let me borrow from it. :D

Binding Ties- Jacen after Star by Star- Traitor AU Completed

I know the title is misleading, but trust me, they're there. ;)

I know many other wonderful HM stories in existence out there, and the authors are currently being PM'd to obtain their permission to include the stories here.

It is not, however, an invite-only thread. If you have a good Handmaiden or Naboo fic that I might not know about, well... just go ahead and give us a link! I always love to read more! :)

Finally, I would like to take this moment to give an official plug for the Royal Handmaiden Society. Come check us out & have some fun! :)

Thank-you very much.

~Saché~

2. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Awesome idea Saché!! Such a lovely beginning!! Can't wait to see all the wonderful stories everyone puts up! :)

~Obischick

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    *shakes head* Why am I not surprised?? ;)

Looks awesome so far!

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Do Naboo Princes and their hot royal guards count?! ;)

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Falls the Shadow

An Ani/Padme agnsty/romance story (well past AOTC but pre 'family' so to speak) revisits the Lodge and a village called Andeous... in process but updated very regularly and nearly compleate...

6. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Hey! We have two more stories by the lovely Handmaiden Yané!

Episode 1 Journal: Yané

A very sweet little story about Handmaiden Yané and what she goes through in TPM. Same format as the 'Episode 1 Journal.' Completed.

Versé Vilana: Rainbow's End

The life of little-known Handmaiden Versé of AotC. An excellent story, loads of detail and funny moments. Not yet finished.

Everyone go read these NOW! :p ;)

~Obischick

7. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Great idea, Saché8!

In response to Obischick's suggestion, I'm posting links to my stories here. To those of you who haven't read them, I do hope you give them a try and enjoy them.

Sabé's Journal
    The first in the series. Sabé's point of view of events that took place during Episode I. Rated PG-13 for some sensuality. This is a very AU story as it leads up to other events that depart from canon. Just go with it, 'cause I got on a roll, ok? ;)

Choice
    The next in the series. This takes place a few months after Sabé's Journal. Sabé makes some discoveries about herself, her family and Naboo. She also has to make a big decision about the future of her family.

That's enough to get you started. I'll be back and post more links later.

My thanks to Lt. Ketch for hosting these stories! :)

8. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Yes, Naboo, my planet of choice in the GFFA.... :) Hey, wait a minute... "even" Gungan stories? [*Sigh* Still no respect.... :D ] Well, I do have one story that combines both Handmaidens and Gungans:

Waters Wild, in which Rabé recalls a childhood encounter with a Gungan patrol.

Stories that take place on Naboo but don't involve Handmaidens:

The Haunting of Theed Palace, by LadyElaine: Is it just a story, or is there really a ghost in the palace? Takes place post-TPM.

Sacred Place: Two Gungan children and a young Lieutenant Tarpals aid a human boy pursued by an angry preditor.

Something of Value: Captains Panaka and Tarpals discover a different group of unwanted visitors to Naboo.

Call to Arms: the Gungan Grand Army assembles for battle without a single spoken word.

One Droid's Thoughts, by Jarak Maldon: The Trade Federation has invaded Naboo. Those responsible for keeping the planet in line are the garrison of Battle Droids employed by the Federation. One droid, OOM-2, wrestles with his own thoughts of morality against the all-powerful voice of the droid control computer. His story, however, comes to a tragic end.

The Circle of Life, by Sir Gerry: A battledroid gains self-consciousness during the Battle of Naboo, and tries to do what he feels is right, no matter the cost.

9. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Okay I'm looking for a Handmaiden fic. I read the Trailer for it that was posted a little over a year ago by Princess_Sari the working title then was Five will be chosen It was a handmaiden in training story and I want know if it was ever written because I'd like to read it.

Felicia Z.

10. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    No, unfortunatly for us, it was never written Felicia. :(

However, Sari is writing an EPII AU HM story (which is currently on hold due to the evilness of Darth Real Life :mad: )and she did write some awesome journals for all five of the TPM Handmaidens. Hopefully she'll stop by soon and post some links, or give one of us permission to post the links! :)

~Obischick

11. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Oh that's too bad. The trailor alone was entertaining. Just think of how the fic would have turned out. Oh well I have others to read thankfully.

Felicia Z.

12. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Sorry if that "even" came off the wrong way Seldes. ;) I'm really glad you showed up, because I loved your contribution to the fairy tale thread. I can't speak for anyone else of course, but I don't mind Gungans in the least. :)

13. Seldes_Katne

Mar 18, 2002
    :) I know, Sache8, I was just teasing.

Gungans: the Rodney Dangerfields of Star Wars.... :D

If I come across any more Naboo stories, I'll post the links.

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    "No reesaspect, mesa tell you?" ;)

15. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks for the wonderful, uh, what do you call it, advertisement for my stories!! :D

Knight-Ander has written an excellent speculative Episode III fanfic, called Along the Edges. I'm too lazy to post a link :p (actually I don't much time...), but he's one of my watched users so you can click on his name in my profile and PM him for the link. It centeres mostly on Padmé, but he does mention some stories about the HMs, including a little tale about Yané.

JediArwen has written a nice Rabé story. I don't where that is, so PM her if you want the link.

Maybe some of the other hardworking peeps will post the links for the stories I've recommended... :p

Again, mucho gracias, Obischick.

I'm gonna have to bookmark all these stories and stash them away for a rainy day... ;)

16. Seldes_Katne

Mar 18, 2002
    Okay, as a peace offering, I have the links to three Handmaiden stories. Two of them are at Fanfix.com:

Handmaiden Tales: Rabé, by DBKate. Studious Rabé meets a Jedi Knight prior to the events of Phantom Menace; their meeting changes her life.

Handmaiden Tales: Sabé, by DBKate. Tells the story of how Sabé came to Amidala's court and was selected as her decoy.

There are more Handmaiden fics at Fanfix, but these are the only two I've read all the way through. Also, some of the other stories are rated NC-17, so people will have to find those on their own.

And the story that Obischick mentioned by KnightAnder is here: Along the Edges

17. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Seldes_Katne, actually I mentioned that, but... ;) it's all good.

18. Seldes_Katne

Mar 18, 2002
    Seldes_Katne, actually I mentioned that, but... it's all good.

Ooops.... :( Sorry, I goofed! You're right, Handmaiden_Yane! My apologies.... [face_blush]

19. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Hey, Sache, does And the Children Shall Lead count? Rabé and Sabé are major characters in it, but not the main characters.

20. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I guess my story DOES count... though it's main story is about a padawan frozen in carbonite... but she falls in love with a handsome Naboo Prince! ;) (The sequel will actually have a handmaiden in it ;))

Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten

21. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    **points to one of HM_Yane's comments.**

That's me as well, folks. I really want to read all these stories. Part of the reason I started this thread, so that I could discover more. ;) However, don't expect anything from me as far as replies until the semester is over. :(

So in my case, I'll save them for a snowy day. ;) :p

**sigh** Oh Christmas, where art thou?

And yes, Em... er, Mcily_Nochi, Children Shall Lead would be very welcome, indeed! I'm really enjoying it.

(Hey, there's one I won't have to catch up on ;))

~Saché

22. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    This is a wonderful idea!

23. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Hey! I've got another one! :D This one's an awesome one too!

A Long Handmaiden Fanfic In Progress

By: HandmaidenEirtae

Summery:The lives of the five handmaidens from pre-TPM time to just after the closing of the movie. Believe the title - it is long, but you'll have plenty of time to catch up before the sequel. ;)

Catch ya on the flip side!

~Chiquita~
    A living, breathing example of what happens when you watch scary movies on school nights and get four hours of sleep...

24. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    This is a great idea, Sache8, and I have a couple of recommendations that haven't been posted here, yet.

Untitled - AU: Jedi refuse to train Anakin by Chaos Rose starts right where TPM ends, but Qui-Gon doesn't die. Too complicated to go into here, but most of it has taken place on Naboo and has some fantastic, inspiring details about activities in the Naboo Court. That really doesn't say enough, so go read it and judge for yourself. :)

Duty by Sabe126 is primarily a fun AU handmaiden story with some Jedi activity to protect Queen Amidala from more assassination attempts. A bit inspired by Moulin Rouge, so keep that story in mind as you read this one. :)

Thanks for the link to my story, SK, and thanks for the promo Handmaiden Yane. :D

25. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Thank-you Knight-Ander. That one does sound very good. **wistful sigh**

Also, the title in your sig sounds awesome too! "The Young Flames," very cool! :)

Why don't you put the sneak peak up here too? :)

And I would also like to vouch for the "very long Handmaiden Fanfic" even though I keep getting behind on it..... **ducks**

(**whispers** The best scene is when Eirtaé pulles the vibroblade from her dress in the Senate scene security check... an incident which STILL has not been explained. ;))

Err... I don't think it's been explained that is. Like I said, I need to catch up again. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.