main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Theed Palace spoilers

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Yarua Of Kashyyyk, Nov 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

Yarua Of Kashyyyk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Fresh from Radio Free Decipher, here's some info on Theed Palace.

Each component of the Battle of Naboo will have it's own theme, including Gungans, battle droids, Bravo Squadron and the Trade Federation.

The first persona of Darth Sidious and a new version of Mace Windu will be among the news cards. The new Mace will apparently be more of a fighter than the contemplative Coruscant version. There are some more cards to help support Lightsaber combat that was introduced in Reflections III, though there will not be many new Defensive Shields.

While the light side objectives was only hinted at (along the lines of Raid The Palace), the dark side's objective will revole around battle droids and their invasion of Naboo. This objective will allow you to deploy a starship (something that has never been done before) and the following effect:

Droid Rack
    Use 4 Force to deploy on table. If your battle droid was just lost, may place it here. During your control phase may use 2 Force (1 Force if your piloted MTT on table). Take any battle droid from here into hand. (Immune to Alter)

Tha'ts about it...here's hoping we get some more spoilers soon. :)

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    So now we're up to 11 cards that we know for sure will be in the set:

Qui-Gon w/ Saber
    Maul w/ Saber
    New Mace
    Sidious
    They Win This Round
    Gimme A Lift!
    Amidala's Blaster
    Naboo Occupation
    Rolling X3
    After Her!
    Droid Racks

Some cards that are 95% certain to be in the set, but have not been confirmed:

Boss Nass
    General Binks
    Captain Tarpals
    Gungan Energy Shield
    MTTs
    AATs
    STAPs
    More battle droids
    Gungan Energy Shield
    New persona of Amidala
    Bravo Squadron
    "Mystery" pilot in an N-1
    Blockade Flagship
    Naboo Celebration
    Otoh Gunga
    Rabe
    Eirtae
    Chancellor Palpatine

3. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    >>"Mystery" pilot in an N-1

...Anakin?

4. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    What about:

Electropole
    Ep1 Artoo
    Kaadu
    Booma
    There's gotta be a card called "A Well Conceived Plan" It's a carde title just begging to happen :)

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Darth Sidious has been posted on Decipher. He rocks!

6. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Where did they post it?

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    On the main page.

8. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    Sidious is great! I like the way there are NO mentions of the word Emporer or Palpatine, so it doesn't matter what your veiws on the Sidious = Palpatine are, you can't use him as the Emporer.

On the other hand, you CAN have Senator Palpy, Emporer Palpy AND Sidious on the table at once! Holy split personality Batman! (Of course, if you believe they are the same person!)

9. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Wait, where is Darth Sideous? I went to Decipher and he wasn't there!! Can someone gimmie a link?

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    It should be on the left isde of the page.

11. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    Important message from Mark Tuttle, Decipher Net Rep:

Wednesday, December 12th
    > -- Street Release Date set for Star Wars CCG Theed Palace.

Man, how quick is this coming. It would be OK if we didn't just have RIII, but that product hit my wallet big time! Now another set comes out within a few weeks!

Now I have tio decipde whether the money I was going to put into LOTR will actually go there.

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Gungan Energy Shield is posted. It looks pretty sweet. Now we just gotta see how Fambaas will work.

13. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    New card up- AAT
    It is absolutely broken. "When piloted at the same site as an AAT, adds TWO BATTLE DESTINY." You need a pilot to use it at all anyways.

14. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    ugh...how can a card be broken when it is just the third card revealed in a 120-card set ;)

15. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Actually the provision is so you don't just deploy an AAT in the middle of a battleground and get the Battle Destiny bonus without using the vehicle. I think it's smart.

16. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    I like it. After all, the Droids were considerably tougher with the tanks about. It makes your Battle droids more useful.

Now, if they did the same for Stormtroopers...

EDIT: I just thought of something. Are Battle Droids Troopers? IF they are, I have a plan forming...

17. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I don't think the battle droids are troopers. They should be, but I think a trooper is any character that says "Trooper"

18. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    The Security Battle Droid from Coruscant wasn't a trooper, but maybe we'll se a new one in Theed Palace that is? Possibly the Infantry Battle Droid?

About the Tank, if a battle droid was piloting it (there should be Pilot Battle Droids in Theed), would that allow it to add two destiny? And I don't think the Tank is broken. Consider that if it only added one destiny, and you only had Battle Droids at the site, you wouldn't be adding jack. Batte Droids draw if unable to otherwise, but if you add, you're able to otherwise, so the net effect is nothing. Adding two destiny makes it worth something. And the Tank was meant to be used with the new Battle Droid objective, where you'll probably only want to have Battle Droids anyway.

A comment and a question: the Battle Droid objective needs to include some clause that deploying a card with the presence icon counts for Civil Disorder. Otherwise that card'll eat these decks alive. Maybe something that Jar Jar's game text uses defense value when targeting droids, too. and on Darth Sidious' text, if he were at a site where the only characters were him and a Jedi, and that Jedi was lost (say through a lightsaber combat), would Sidious be able to place the Jedi out of play? I'm thinking yes, since Sidious places out of play after characters are lost, and after the character is lost, Sidious is the only character present. What does everyone else think?

19. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    IMO Sidious is a behind the scenes man, so his GT is designed to have Maul and Vader, or anyone else, hunting Jedi, while he sits back at makes their work more effective.

So, in short, I don't think he does cause Jedi lost from same site.

After all, if you play Don't Get Cocky, and then Luke/ Han is removed from the battle, you still get to draw the extra destiny.

Same with the Sidious thing. Even though the Jedi is lost, they were still prersent with him before.

20. BubaFett

BubaFett Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2001
    Well if you look hard at the changing banner at decipher, they have some new theed palace cards and you can see Boss Nass for just a brief second and the most I can gather is that he will be an Alien and Power 3/Ability 2.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I can see it now...

Character, Alien: *Taco Bell Dog
    Pilot Icon
    Destiny: 2
    Power: 1
    Ability: 4
    Deploy: 3
    Forfeit: 4
    Lore: "Hey! Look what I found!"
    Gametext: During your move phase, may use 2 force to target any AAT present, draw destiny, if destiny+1 > armor, AAT stolen. May pilot any stolen AAT. Immune to attrition < 4.

Defeat the Darkside!

22. Jedikynes

Jedikynes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    Que do taco bell?

23. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    New cards up! Gee, we're seeing the best and worst from Theed.

OWO-1 with Backup. This has become my "target" card for Theed. Every expansion, there is a card that I really hope I get. I love that card! Not necessarily for gameplay, but just the whole "feel" of it. Well done Decipher!

Gungan Guard? Not too shabby, but have guards really been popular?

Sidious: Too cool.

Bravo 1: Hmmm. Much like the other unique ships.

Gungan Sheild: May be cool, but may not.

AAT: I like this card!

Now we are getting results: I don't know if I will use it.

Theed is going to be cool! I liked Hoth because of the battle centred nature. Same with Endor. Now Theed is going to provide heaps of battle!

Bring it on!

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Theed is looking mighty fine...

25. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    I can't wait to see the objectives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.