main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TheForce.net/FanForce.net Party Information DATE CHANGE 8/12

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Info is finally here!

<center>The Official TheForce.Net/FanForce.Net Celebration V Party<br>
    Sponsored by Official Pix!</center>

<b>Date</b>: Thursday, August 12th, 2010
    <b>Time</b>: 6:30pm-11pm
    <b>Location</b>: Wyndham Orlando Resort
    8001 International Drive; Orlando, FL 32819
    Less than a mile north of the convention center.
    (407) 351-2420, (877) 999-3223

<b>Who</b>: The party is for all members of the TFN family: FanForce, Jedi Council Forums, readers of TheForce.net, Rebel Scum, the Force Cast, etc. If you consider yourself a part of TFN, this event is for you! The event will be open to all ages. We will try to keep things as family friendly as possible, though it is a party largely for adults. A cash bar serving alcohol and soft drinks will be available at the event (including the famous Celebration Drink).

<b>What</b>: Light snacks will be served at the start of the evening. Door prizes and raffles will be available (donated largely from Official Pix). Various Star Wars celebs are invited and a list of some attendees will be published at a later date. Basically come to enjoy food, games, prizes, and all the fun that you have come to expect from TFN.

<b>Ticketing information</b>:
    Pre-ordered tickets are $30 for ages 12+, $25 for ages 6-12, (Children under 6 are free) and will be available from May 20th to August 6th.
    Pre-ordered may be purchased in one of two ways:
    1. Via PayPal to the party organizer Dajuan Kinney (jedidajuan@gmail.com). Indicate number of and names of the guests attending in the information box. The party organizer will send a confirmation email within 3 days of payment receipt.

2. Money order via snail mail to Dajuan Kinney (please email her for the address). Include the number of and names of guests attending, and an email address where a confirmation email can be sent.

Tickets will also be available at Celebration V for $35. More information TBA.

Star Wars celebs will receive free admission to the event. Please contact Dajuan Kinney for details.

<b>Check-in</b>: A master list of guests will be kept at the entrance to the party. If your name is not on the master list, you will be required to purchase a ticket at the door unless a confirmation email can be shown. Confirmation emails and IDs should be brought to the event.

We hope to have a pre-event check in available at the convention to help people avoid lines, but that information is forthcoming.

<b>Contact info for questions</b>: Any questions or concerns should be directed to the party organizer Dajuan Kinney (jedidajuan@gmail.com). She will try to answer all emails within three days of their receipt.

<b>Information updates</b>: Since a few items are still in the TBA stage check the Celebration V forum (http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_v/b10611/p1) and TheForce.net?s main page for updates.

Thank you and hope to see you there!

Please use this thread for questions only. For discussion please use the original thread. All discussion here will be deleted.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
  3. Transportation
    The Event is a little over a mile north of the convention center. You can either walk there or find some friends to share cabs with. A good place to find other people also going to the party will be the JC/FF table.

4. Ticket Sales
    Number- There is no maximum number of tickets. The space we have reserved will accomidate any number that we have.
    What am I getting for $30- The majority of the $30 entry fee goes toward food at the party. There will also be some free raffles that you're entitled to enter if you wish. We don't have all of the events detailed yet, so there should be some other things that the fee allows you.

5. Celebration Drink
    The Celebration drink is a rum based drink with juice and Coke. That's all I'm giving away. It has a tropical feel as is very tasty happy The tradition of it started at CIII and gained serious popularity at CIV.

6. Check In
    Attendees will be able to pre-check in at the JC/FF table in Fan Hall. You will need your ID and ticketing info and you will receive a bracelet. Bracelets will be color coded as to above 21 and below 21 (for the ease of the bartenders at the event). If you choose to pre-check-in you will have the bracelet placed on your wrist by table attendants, so that means you cant' pre-check someone else in with out them there. If you lose your bracelet you will have to pay again at the door.

Check-in will also be available at the door for the event.
  8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    What transportation is available from/to the other hotels and/or the Convention Center?

9. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    How many tickets will be available/what is the maximum occupancy of the room we'll be at?
    Thanks!

10. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    The famous Celebration Drink? I'm curious, what's in that bad boy?

11. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Currently we do not know what modes of transport are going to be available between the hotels and CC. More than likely there will be a shuttle bus running that could be used (as was for previous Celebrations). We did though try and deliberately choose a site that was within a reasonable walking distance of the CC.

Currently we do not have a cap on the number of tickets that will be available. The host hotel will allow us to increase our numbers easily and with fairly loose to little/no restrictions. That said you can contact Dajuan and organise something if you are concerned about tickets selling out.

As to THE Drink, I'll let one of the resident alcoholics answer that since I honestly do not know.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The hotel sent me some info on transportation. I'll try to get that written up today. It should be within walking distance though.

As Dingo said, there's no cap on tickets. If we grow our space should as well.

The Celebration drink is a rum based drink with juice and Coke. That's all I'm giving away. It has a tropical feel as is very tasty :) The tradition of it started at CIII and gained serious popularity at CIV.

13. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    is it possible to get a better breakdown of exactly what that 30 dollars would get me?

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Largely what you're paying for is the food. Unfortunately, I don't have a for sure answer on what food will be available. Actually there might be a thread created, or posts in the party discussion thread soon about food choices. At the moment these are the types of things we are considering: veggie trays, fruit trays, hot hors d'oeuvres (mini burgers, mini pizzas, beef wellington, sandwiches, shrimp cocktail) stuff like that. Part of it depends on how many people we have. The more people, the greater the selection will be. Also, there will be silly/fun games and events, mingling, drinking, raffles, prizes, etc.

Directions. I was told it was under a mile away, but it appears it's just over (these are walking directions):

Head north on International Dr toward Universal Blvd 0.1 mi
    Turn right at Universal Blvd
    Turn left at International Dr 1.3 mi
    Turn right
    Turn left 0.1 mi

It's on the same street as the con center. People can arrange to walk over together or share cabs. Head to the JC/FF table to chat with others about doing that :)

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I already have tickets for the Last Tour to Endor so I'll have to miss out on this. :_|

16. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I was surprised that this party costs more than the RL/501st party. :confused:

Wish this was on Thursday night instead. :(

Have fun, everyone! If you see a Rebel Cheerleader, Jedi Luke, Endor Luke, and AOTC/ROTS Anakin walking around, please say hi! I'd like to match more names to faces.

[face_dancing]

17. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Do you know how much work and planning Dajuan is doing for us or that she probably will have to pay something out of her own pocket if we dont get enough people. Im sure you dint mean for your comment to be mean ,but to me it is inplyed. I am happy to pay the 30$ to be around like minded people as I, and in a safe environment. THANKS DEJUAN for your hard work on this party.

18. Robonino

Robonino Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    So true! Thanks Dejuan!

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Nothing mean meant by my statement, if it were implied, I'm sorry. I know all too well how hard it is to plan an event - my first SW event was for 600 people, and my second, I helped plan one for 1200 people. Good luck with the party - it looks like its going to be fun!

[face_dancing]

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I also think a reason for the higher price is that the 501st are hoping that their cashbar will cover more of the costs.

21. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I would love to attend a FanForce non-Disney sponsored party. I am coming to this convention for old-fashioned Star Wars fun (before Disney involvement). I'm an old timer.

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah, our ticket price is higher than theirs. I'm not sure what all they are offering with food and drink etc. We wanted our ticket prices to be closer to the $25 mark, but we just couldn't make it happen. Food and the service charges are just too high. Hopefully it'll be fun enough that no one will regret the $30.

23. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Just dont hire a Jazz / Calypso band to play John Williams music, Member CIII?

24. dustinroberts

dustinroberts TFN Content Manager star 1 VIP

Aug 23, 2001
    $10 entry
    $10 food
    $10 Drink

or

$30 of star wars fun with friends & celebs!!!

I'm all in! Got my ticket!!!! See you there!

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    FYI I updated the second post with Questions and Answers. I also added a bit about pre-check in. Remember this thread is only for questions, not discussion.

26. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    For those who are wondering, the party has been changed to Thursday night, 6:30-11, same location. There is a story about it on the main page.

27. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    ^ What a husband I have :) Thanks for the reminder about this thread.

The date of the event has changed to Thursday night. Check out this story for more details.

28. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Wow, I was bummed I couldn't attend this when it was on Saturday, due to the Disney party, but now I can go!

29. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    Thanks for the info Jedi_Dajuan! Luckily I changed my arrival to Wednesday, can definitely make the Thursday party, woot! :~)

30. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just sent in my Paypal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.