main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TheForce.net/FanForce.net Party Information DATE CHANGE 8/12

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Is there any thread on here that lists ALL the parties/social events happening? I'm trying to plan out what I want to do, but its kind of a pain to search through everything to find all the information on the 501st party, the FanForce party the Forcecast party, the Disney event...etc. Can someone put all of this together in a sticky thread maybe?

Johnny Rose

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Skinnee, if someone wants to put that together we can post it. Right now it would be too much work for me to dig all of that up. I've been really busy with our party planning and don't have the braincells available to do that too.

Just wanted to post this little update, we've officially reached the 100 tickets sold mark today. We have 124 people signed up to attend (which includes celebs, the band, and more "workers") and have sold 107 tickets. We have space for another 100 or so.

3. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    I'll try to work on it Dajuan. I know you're busy and didn't expect you to do it. I'll be sending in my money for the party soon. Just gotta wait for some checks to come in first.

4. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Woot! Money sent! Can't wait!

5. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Ok just want to be clear...is this now all one big party for $30, or do we still need to pay $50 for two different parties?

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It is still two separate parties, so it's $50 if you want to attend both.

7. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    It's worth noting that this is a heckuva deal when you look at the price of what each party individually is. Thanks to all organizers for giving us this deal.

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah, it's about $20 off. We figured since it's our fault the parties conflict, it's the least we can do to offer a package deal :)

9. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    I'd have to disagree. Yes it is $20 off, but they're essentially going on at the same time with the TFN party only being an hour and a half earlier that the Forcecast party. According to the Forcecast party details, its $40 and from 8 - midnight. The TFN party is $30 and lasts from 6:30 - 11. So there's really only an extra half hour of party time there. Then you have to consider the take it takes to get from one party to the other. Personally, there's no way I'd pay an extra $20 to only hang out at one of the parties for 2 hours and then have to go somewhere else down the street for only two hours. I'd rather just stay in one place and hang out with Dajuan and company. :-D

10. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    It all depends on your point of view. I had already paid the $40 for the Fans party as I was planning to do Endor on Saturday. So adding $10 to get the 2nd party doesn't seem like that much...from a certain point of view.

Will I actually make it to both? Unknown at this time.

Do I mind paying some extra cash to help out our friends who are organizing this party for us in their free time with a very limited budget even if I don't get to both parties? Absolutely not.

11. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Thats a VERY good point Matt. For those already attending the Forcecast party, $10 really isn't that much more. I'm going to the TFN party and money is just getting tight and I'm getting grumpy. Plus I just wish that it was all one big party anyway. :-( However, I haven't listened to the Forcecast until recently in getting ready for CV, so I'd be kind of a hypocrite if I went to that. haha

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We set up the deal largely for people who had already signed up for both or who would be interested in both. If you only want to attend one or the other, an extra $10 or $20 would be a lot of money. So Matt's right in that it depends on your point of view. It was the best solution that we could come up with given all of our limitations. (Two contracts at separate hotels, the need to move the TFN party, etc). Had we known a few things earlier and planned a little better it wouldn't have been this messy. But hindsight is 20-20 and all that.

Either way I'll be happy to hang out with everyone at the party :) I can't wait :D

13. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Dajuan,
    No need to explain. I understand why everything was done. In three years for the 30th of Jedi we'll have this all ironed out. You're doing a great job, and I hope that I can help in some way if you need me to.

14. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Thanks for clarifying! Haven't decided which direction I'm going to go, but I would have definitely paid $50 if all the parties were in the same hotel. This is going to be my first Celebration and I am in awe with all the hard work and thoroughness that I've seen on the part of the organizers. Thanks for all your hard work!

15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Just thought I'd point this out: You can easily take the iRide Trolley between the two hotels up until 10:30pm. The trolley is $1.25 per person, or you can buy unlimited ride passes online or at your hotel. More info here.

16. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Only 10:30? Crap. It looks Like I'll be stumbling back to the room then. haha

17. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    That makes two of us. :p

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Three of us. I'll probably take a cab though. Poor hothie....

19. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    I just saw the update on the party. GREAT JOB DAJUAN AND COMPANY! This is REALLY shaping up nicely and I'm probably more excited about this than anything else at CV. Gotta remember to bring my copy of Fanboys on the off chance that Kyle Newman doesn't mind signing it.

20. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm sure he will. Both he and his wife actress Jaime King (voice of Aurra Sing in TCW) signed my mini Fanboys poster at our Rebel Legion/501st dinner at WonderCon. At our raffle drawing, I drew Dave Filoni's winning ticket for an autographed Japanese Fanboys poster from Kyle!

http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery2/v/Main/wondercon2010/dinner/IMG_2731.JPG.html

21. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Please read this part of the news story though.

Note: Many of the celebrity guests at CV are under contract in regards to autographs. Please be respectful of this if a guest declined to sign or take extensive pictures at the party. Feel free to approach them and chat. We just want our celeb guests to be able to relax and enjoy the party as much as our non-celeb guests.

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I can't claim credit on most of those listed. Dustin did a lot of the leg work for them.

I'm going to echo what Obi Anne said about signing. We're not sure if people will be willing/able to sign at the party. Skinnee, I know you'll be fine, it just bears repeating so people don't go in with expectations of free signings at the party. We don't want anyone to be disappointed.

Either way it's going to be a hell of a party!

23. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Anne,
    I did read that part. I'm not just going to break out the DVD and run up to him with pen in hand. I really would like to chat with him about the movie. However, he is not in the autograph hall, so I figured he would not be one of the people under contract.

24. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    What's the dress code for the party? Is it a jeans and shirt kind of thing or a little bit dressier?

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Jeans and shirt is perfect. Some people have talked about doing costumes, which is fine. I made a new dress for the occasion, just because. But I expect most will have casual clothes on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.