main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TheForce.Net interviews Henry Gilroy... and Dave Filoni !!! (Your questions answered!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    The PT can be sumed up like this there are "Imperfect heroes and perfect villians."

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That doesn't mean good and evil became indistinguishable.

You know what the "true hero" Obi-Wan would say to that, don't you?

"Then you are lost!"

You don't have to buy into Palpatine's manipulations to understand ROTS.

3. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    While I'm digging the villanious portrayl of the CIS I really would like to see a few "heroes of the conferderacy" stories -- even though I take the whole "there are heroes on both sides" to mean that to the CIS planet's Dooku and Grevious are heroes, but that's like calling Vader a hero to me.

4. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    In the interview, Filoni & Co. promise that this is forthcoming, but I won't get my hopes up for anything that really makes sense. They've kind of locked themselves into this CW=WW2 formula, and I don't think they can back out now.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [image=http://mlevit.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/letters_from_iwo_jima.jpg]

6. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    EDIT- I don't think a snipe like that is appropriate for the discussion in this thread.

7. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Yeah....but that's one measly movie from the Axis (Japanese, not Nazi) P.O.V. On the other hand, we could easily cite 50 movies that conform to the same, simpleminded, cliche formula that the makers of CW have adopted.

To me, it just seems like they're totally committed to re-structuring the political and war dynamic from the complex story in the movies to the hackneyed, formulaic, pop culture version of WW2. (I promise not to rekindle the Clones=Nazi debate, though. At least not here!)

8. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    Just got around to reading this.

I'm glad that Dave and Henry have the influence that they do as it provides a voice for the fans. On the other hand, there's quite a bit of brown-nosing going on there, too.

Lucas as a "trump card"?

[face_laugh]

No, see, the man is out of touch with his own universe. He doesn't realize the things that worked in the OT and, more to the point, why. This is painfully obvious.

No surprise that he wrote Dooku Captured. The only good things about it had little to do with the script.

I'm saddened to know this will most likely be the only season with episodes the caliber of 'Cloak'.

__

DBrennan- look man, I see where you're coming from to an extent but most people don't share your POV. You're harping on all the same stuff from different angles.

As far as the clones, I happen to disagree with both your's and Karen Traviss' views. You both frustrate me for different reasons [face_plain]

EDIT: I think the reason TCW's portrayal here is generic, as you say, is because it's more of an episodic adventure than it is an overview. Moreover it's aimed at younger people.

All of which can actually add gravitas to your view of the war.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Just thought I'd bump this, since it's been a year from the time of the interview.

10. Brisi_Wine

Brisi_Wine Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2009
    It's interesting to look back. As much as I love, really love, Cloak of Darkness, we have in fact seen many episodes of that caliber and perhaps a couple that go beyond?

For me, the entire five episode Geonosis arc has taken the show to another level, with the Holocron arc also proving fantastic.

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I forgot they basically admitted we'll see the Mandos a year ago!

12. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I don't know if Dave or Henry would read this thread now, but just in case, I would like to thank them for the great care and passion they have infused into each episode so far.

I remember being a kid in the late 70's early 80's and being so disappointed with the "kid's programming" they offered on Saturday mornings. Wishing there was a show that even attempted to rise to the levels that had been reached with the Star Wars movies.

Every time I see a new episode of the Clone Wars, that little kid inside me giggles with glee.

It's comforting to know that George is there help keep you guys "on track" with his vision for things, but from everything I've seem from you guys in interviews and in the shows themselves, I can tell you guys already know what direction to go in before George even has to intervene.

As an aside, I would like to add that Dave Filoni is the only one I have ever seen who can pull off the Indiana Jones look without it being cheesy.

So thanks guys, if you ever happen to read this.

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Go-Mer - didn't know you were a TCW fan! Love to see you post in LACWAC more often!

14. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    It just occurred to me today that there was a clone wars dedicated forum I could be posting on. I got so used to only going to the movie forums that I just didn't think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.