main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Theme of Celebration VI

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by vswader, Jun 5, 2011.

1. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    Fellow Star Wars fans

Just curious as to your thoughts on what the theme of CVI will be? I have attended every SW Celebration (I-V) to this point. Each convention had one specific theme: Celebration I-III related to Episodes I-III; Celebration IV related to 30th anniversary of the original Star Wars/Clone Wars; Celebration V related to 30th anniversary of TESB.

The themes for each were, I feel, valid to hold/support a convention. While I am not complaining about a Star Wars convention in 2012...I honestly would prefer a C VI to be held 2013 commemorating the 30th anniversary of ROTJ. In my opinion, it would follow the continued successive anniversary timelines of Star Wars.

Patiently waiting for CV (3 years after CIV) was well worth the wait (all the new venues were a huge hit - Disney/wedding ceremony, etc.). Congrats to Reed Pop for putting together a different and successful experience altogether. CV was built around ESB (Boba Fett symbol of convention) with many of the new venues following suit....again hightlighting the theme.

In contrast, the two years between CIII (2005) and CIV (2007) did not have much to offer for the uber fans who already experienced one, two, or all three of the previous Celebrations in Denver/Indianapolis. I felt that Celebration IV in Los Angeles opened up a whole new following, market, etc. and was well received by a mass audience, those who were uber fans and those who were not.

I hope that the timeframe of 2 years between CV and CVI has even more to offer.

What can CVI's theme be built around? I would hate to think that only $$$ drives these conventions and not a sense for a reason/place in history.

Thanks for your thoughts.

By the way, my favorite Celebrations were I in Denver and V in Orlando.

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm thinking that clones will be a big party of the theme. It's ten years since Attack of the Clones, the Clone Wars is very popular, and it's catering to all the new fans of the series out there. Today I think it's easier to attract more casual SW-fans with clones than ewoks. And to be honest there are more casual fans out there than there are hardcore fans.

3. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    That's true. One rarely finds a hardcore Star Wars fan anymore. My brother, padawan, and I are the only ones I know in our entire area. There are many with kids that love the Clone Wars, but my son started with the movies, and also likes the Clone Wars. He enjoys watching the movies more than the series. That is not to say he hasn't seen each Clone Wars episode hundreds of times. But, Episode III is his favorite, and I would say he has seen it 300 times or more; he knows all the lines by heart (he is 4, by the way). He sets up his toys as the scenes in the movies and recites the entire movie. I see that as a true hardcore fan, which we strive to be as a family. BUT anyways, back to the original post, I am thinking Attack of the Clones will be a central theme, as well, due to the fact that it will be hitting theaters again shortly after Celebration VI.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Maybe so. I was thinking it might be themed around the 3D re-releases (does that count as a theme?) or the live action show.

5. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I would say it will be themed around the 35th Anniversary of Star Wars,The 10th Anniversary of Attack of The Clones,The Celebration of The 3-D Releases,plus Season 5 of TCW and The Announcement of The Seth Green produced Animated Series.Plus I'm sure they will do something for The New Star Tours as well.

6. MiricaEclipse

MiricaEclipse Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2011
    Honestly, I was seriously thinking they were going to hold out to celebrate the 30th aniversary of ROTJ for this one... I mean, they did that for CIV, and CV right?

I heard that it's the 10th aniversary for AOTC. That might be the theme, though i haven't heard it from anyone official. Whatever it is, the ad i read said it's going to be bigger and better than CV, which unfortunetly, i didn't go to, but heard it was spectactular!

Mirica
    PS: For all of you going, congrats!

7. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I don't think there will be one overarching theme at all, IMO. I think they are getting away from that. Heck, C5 was only slightly TESB-themed and the anniversary was brought up a few times. But if you think about it, there was more content about everything else (Clone Wars, Force Unleashed, etc.) than there was for TESB.

With all of the stuff on the horizon for Star Wars I truly think that C6 will be a mix, a full-on celebration of *everything* Star Wars.

8. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    +1. And especially if Reed/LFL continues adopting the 2 year Celebration span moving forward.

9. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Why does it matter? It's Star Wars. :)

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    For those of us with costumes to plan a theme can be quite decisive.

11. JediG16

JediG16 Jedi Knight

Jul 24, 2010
    Hey I love Star Wars like the next normal person, however I am not a big fan of the prequels and I am praying that this one isn't based on Ep 1. I was very much hoping for a 30th ann to ROTJ due to the themes thus far and I am truly a mega fan of the originals. I just think they shoulda started the 2 year Celebrations AFTER 2013 so we could properly celebrate the ann of ROTJ.

12. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002

I 100% agree.

13. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Just want to make sure I read this right....You'd rather wait an entire extra year before C6 just so we can call it a 30th anniversary celebration for ROTJ?

14. JediG16

JediG16 Jedi Knight

Jul 24, 2010
    If u look at the chronological order of the other Celebrations, it makes total sense. I mean what are we celebrating in 2012? ROTJ anniversary is in 2013...is there gonna be a Celebration for that alone? And if u start having too many in too short of a time, it will become too convoluted for us to celebrate properly.

15. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    We are celebrating Star Wars. All of Star Wars. The first 3 celebrations, obviously, were related to the prequels. The format has changed now. I think they'll be just as special. It's still over a year away. It'll be fine.

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Fixed. ;)

17. BigFortuna

BigFortuna Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2011
    I started thinking this is gonna be just Celebration VI, no theme at all, maybe another Celebration just because.
    But a lot of things written in this thread makes a lot of sense, the question is: which one?

The last Celebration was V and the theme was Episode V, maybe Celebration VI would be for Episode VI a.k.a Return of the Jedi? but something is not making any sense..... nobody celebrates birthdays one month in advance (no, the Mad Hatter doesn't count! :p ) so it would be kinda strange to celebrate just for the 29th and not the 30th anniversary.
    Also we have the Episode II Attack of the Clones's 10 year anniversary, but in my oppinion is not enough for a big fuzz, what really move hardcore fans is the original trilogy.
    Star Wars "A New Hope" celebrates 35 years and i think that's enough for a Celebration, only that movie is the reason that everything SW related happened, not even ESB if the movie sucked. So, i'm sticking with that theory.

Is just an opinion.... [face_whistling]

18. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    The style of the current logo on the Celebration main page suggests a Phantom Menace style font - so it could be Phantom themed - even though the movie will have opened months before.

Or just maybe they are just moving away from themes altogether, and this is just a Star Wars Celebration.

19. JediG16

JediG16 Jedi Knight

Jul 24, 2010
    I love a lot of the things u wrote...I mean, personaly, I don't care to celebrate the travesty of any of the prequels. With that being said, I really wanted to make this CVI about ROTJ since the others were in sync with the time table.

20. Grog_StarKiller2

Grog_StarKiller2 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2007
    So what are you saying Kerry? If CVI does is not ROTJ themed or no theme at all,or worse yet based on the prequals, you do not want to go?

21. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    My hope was the theme for C6 would be focused on ROTJ since we are very close approaching the 30th Anniversary of ROTJ. I do get the impression that officially Lucasfilm is trying to move away from having a single theme and more towards celebrating all things Star Wars.

However...I feel unofficially the fans will be showing a lot of love to ROTJ....I expect to see a strong presence of ROTJ related art, costumes and fan driven events. More slave Leia?s running around is always a good thing! ;)

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    My wife's already in the planning stages for her custom ROTJ pocketbook she will be sewing for CVI. :)

23. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I hear Dajuan and Doug planned way ahead and already started preparing an Ewok to go with their Endor costumes.

24. JediG16

JediG16 Jedi Knight

Jul 24, 2010
    Gregory, what I am saying is if this CVI is to celebrate anything it should be as it has been with IV, V and VI to celebrate the anniversary of ROTJ. It doesn't make sense to change it right before the anniversary. Like I stated before, I think they shoulda started the 2 year rule after 2013 to celebrate ROTJ properly because I am not a fan of the prequels (as u already know) and more than likely I will not want to attend a Celebration commemorating the anniversary of the travesty known as the prequels.

25. Grog_StarKiller2

Grog_StarKiller2 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2007

Oh come on Dude, it's The Wars just celebrate...We are all one big happy family..