main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist TheOnlyJediPrincess's Illustrations Backlash Comic adaptation (may 5)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheOnlyJediPrincess, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    [image=http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/125/f/9/Backlash_Comic_Page_1_by_JediSeeker1.jpg] [image=http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/125/2/8/Backlash_Comic_Page_2_by_JediSeeker1.jpg] [image=http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/125/e/2/Backlash_Comic_Page_3_by_JediSeeker1.jpg] [image=http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/125/4/5/backlash_Comic_Page_4_by_JediSeeker1.jpg] [image=http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/125/9/b/Backlash_Comic_Page_5_by_JediSeeker1.jpg]

[image=http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/090/8/4/Restful_Dreams_by_JediSeeker1.jpg]

[image=http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/022/0/d/Jedi_StarKiller_by_JediSeeker1.jpg]

[image=http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2009/344/b/5/Nightsister_Sith_Witch_by_JediSeeker1.jpg]

Drawings
    Harrison Ford
    Anikin Vs Vader
    Han Solo
    Jaina
    Luke
    ANH Luke
    Leia
    Jacen Solo
    Ben Skywalker
    Allana Djo
    Wine Glasses
    Handmaiden Sabe
    Quinlan And Khaleen
    Cade Skywalker
    Jacen's Sacrifice
    Jagged fel
    Luke Skywalker Hoth Scout
    Lady Githany
    Jacen Solo
    I Killed Him!
    Classic Han Solo
    Animated Leia
    He Is Her Twin
    Unexpected Visit

Color with Photoshop

Princess Leia ESB
    Quinlan And Khaleen Color
    Young Luke Skywalker
    Han Solo Corillian Blood Stripes
    You can't change the Past

Paintings

FalconFan's Tahiri Veila "Loyalties Lost"
    FalconFan's Allana, the Chume'da

My Cartoon Jedi

[link=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/20

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Welcome to the fanart forum, TheOnlyJediPrincess. You have some nice work. I like the Vong Armor you did for Luke. It is hard to get realistic highlighting with pencil, but you did a great job. Is it just me, or does Luke look really sexy in armor?.... [face_worried] Maybe it is just me. :p

AG88

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    These are really good. I especially like that Jaina one. It's really powerful.

4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Those are some great drawings. Luke in armour and Jaina weilding her sabre are my favourites.

Hope to see more.

5. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Hay thanks for your comments. I'm working on a picture of Leia right now from ESB. I found some more of my star wars drawings that I will be posting soon. This is the first time I have really shared my drawings with other besides my family and friends. I'm excited to see what you think of my other drawings. thanks a bunch!

6. SongofDreams

SongofDreams Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2006

Good work. I would say that the first picture was the best one. I can see that you really don't totally know yet what excatly your style is, and thats ok. It allows you to experament more, and learn more. I would say try using some different mediums, that might help you try some different styles and broden yourself as an artist in general. You might even find somthing that you are extreamly good at. There was some very nice detail on the luke picture with the armor. Keep working on that it was very nice.

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    It's great to see you putting up some work in a thread of your own, TheOnlyJediPrincess! And forgive me for taking so long getting in here to scope it all out! [face_sheepish]

These are wonderful, and if this is what you do in a slump, I can't wait to see you hit your stride! ;) The Jaina piece is lovely--I know the book cover image you worked from here, so great job on the capture of that likeness. Very nice one of Luke in the Vong armor--great detailing on that armor, too. You seem to have a wonderful grasp of contrasts and shading--it's terrific in the pieces where you've employed it. I also like the little cartoon Jaina and Jacen--and I'll agree with SongofDreams: experimenting with different styles can aide in helping you define your own, or several of your own (we have a lot of artists in here that excel at a number of different styles!).

I'm so glad you chose to participate in the community! Can't wait to see more!

FF

8. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    [face_love] That's lovely!

9. SongofDreams

Sep 13, 2006
    I was looking at the padame picture again. Somthing that great writers as well as great painters have been known to do, is to go back and finish things that they have already started. Somthing that you might want to do, is to go back and finish the padame picture and add a head.

10. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    SongOfDreams I think I will give it another try to finish it. I have attemped to finish it but it hasn't turned out to my likeing. I guess I'll have to keep trying.

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:=D=

OMG!!

=D==D=

These are absolutely gorgeous, TOJP!! =D= Just stunning! I can't get over the shading and likenesses--all just outstanding, but most especially with the Ford/Indiana Jones piece...I can't stop staring at it! And the Anakin/Vader piece gave me severe shivers--the composition of it is so powerful, and the shading is so beautifully cohesive.... Just WOW on all of these!! Thanks so much for sharing them, and I'm really looking forward to seeing some more from you, old or new!

**parks in thread, hoping for more**

;) :p

FF

12. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    :eek:

Incredible pencil work! Like FF, I like the Indiana Jones piece the most... Nice capturing of the expression on his face. *thumbs up*

13. SongofDreams

Sep 13, 2006
    Well, I'm glad to hear that.

14. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    I put up some new drawings, and I imptoved some others. I took the picture I drew from the Class thread and fixed it up a bit. and I added color to my cartoon of Jaina. hope you all enjoy them.

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Some lovely additions, TOJP--I like the one of Hermoine the best! It's just a wonderful capture of the character in her rather uncharacteristicly feminine ballgown! The shading and hightlights are wonderful, as in all your work. Lovely! The newest Princess Leia portrait is beautiful, too (I have a terrible time drawing Leia, but you don't seem to! ;) ). Lovely! And one aside on one of your cartoons...TK is missing her left arm above the elbow, right? Her fencing accident with Jacen? Or perhaps this one is at the Academy, before said accident...? Just curious....

FF

16. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    :oops: Oh Duh! I new That. I guess it just escaped me. :oops: I was just not paying attention. So I guess it would have to be before Jacen cut her arm off! but then she looks to old. I guess I'm going to have to fix that! Thanks for the reminder FF!

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    BWAHH!!

My mouth just fell open when I looked at this, TOJP!! =D= Beautiful!! Superb shading and contrasts, and I absolutely LOVE the way you colored the lightsaber (and the highlights from it on the figure are perfect!!)! Is this in graphite/colored pencil, or some other medium...? What a great, great piece! =D=

FF

18. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    I use a pencel called ebeny. and color pencel.

19. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    your Jacen is really great, I like how you had the "light side" and the "dark side" of the force, great job!

20. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I also love the light side/dark side thing! Very nice!

21. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great job with Jacen!

AG88

22. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    I just wanted to say thanks for your coments.[face_love]

23. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    I'm having a hard time thinking of something to draw next.:_| I was thinking I would like to do something from Legacy. but I cant think of exactly what I want to do.:confused: If anyone has any ideas I would greatly welcome them. [face_pumpkin]

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey TOJP--when you say "Legacy," are you referring to the novels ("Legacy of the Force") or the comic series, "Legacy?" If you're talking about the novels, I can suggest a plethora of wonderful scenes I'd love to see illustrated! For instance, in "LOTF: Bloodlines," I thought the image of Ben, sitting alone outside the interrogation room as he listened to Jacen torturing Ailyn Vel, would be especially powerful. And actually, any of the scenes with Han and Leia would also be great, either from "LOTF: Betrayal" or "LOTF: Bloodlines." I can't be of any help with the comics, as I haven't seen them yet (ask academygrad88 about those--I believe she's reading the entire series). Feel free to PM me if you'd like any other ideas.

And you can never go wrong with a good portrait of any of the major characters, regardless of the book/movie/era in which they appear!

Hope that might help a bit--looking forward to more!

FF

25. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    OOOhhhhhh that is very chilling. I like it! the wheels are turning. I'm also reading The Legacy of the Force too. I hope what I'm thinking will turn out. thanks for the Idea FF. [face_devil] (tapping fingers together) "Excellent!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.