main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist TheOnlyJediPrincess's Illustrations Backlash Comic adaptation (may 5)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheOnlyJediPrincess, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Jacen and Allana in a beautiful pose. Loved it and Wacom, never have done digital art. Just sticking to old fashioned mediums.

2. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    did you forget to post the link ? ^__^
    I saw it on DA anyway. It's looks really good, I love Jaina's hair ^^
    It does look kind of romance novel-ish, with her surprise at seeing him... and Jag looks fine, not overly muscular.
    I like the shading, tho I like to use the blend tool too so it goes smoothly from one tone to the other.
    I really like your new style, I can't wait to see what you do next ;)

3. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Sorry It was late last night and I was really tired!

Here is the link:

Jaina and Jag

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    nice and lovely romantic picture with great colours.

Love your work

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I know all about posting tired, dear princess... [face_blush]... but I am glad that you did post this great piece of art finally.

As the bird, I like the colour and the emotions that lie behind them very much.

6. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan - Thanks so much and there is nothing wrong with old fashioned mediums, I still work work in traditional too.

Kiyuuchan - Thanks so much for the reminder on the link. Like I said before My brian had turned off for the day I-) I'm glad that Jag looks fine Sometimes I just need another opinion. I'll give you a hint for my next project....;) It's from Outcast, but don't tell anybody. [face_laugh]

AzureAngel2- [:D] Thanks so much! [face_love]

7. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Aww, Jaina and Jag are so cute here. I didn't comment on that one before, so I'll take this opportunity to re-visit this piece! You did a really great job at suggesting Jag's famous almost-invisible smile here, and I love how he's looking into Jaina's eyes! And Jaina looks so much like her mother here--as well as slightly worried, I hope nothing bad's happening. [face_worried] But then Jag's there to reassure her I guess. [face_love]

You did a really great job with the poses, I love how they're not quite embracing but rather looking straight at each other. Lovely colouring work as well, I struggle with my Wacom something awful so I'm really impressed by your efforts! I love their hair, especially. Great job with the Falcon's interior in the background as well. Wonderful work!

8. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    I hope nothing bad's happening

Don't worry Iverna nothing bad has happened, I just imagined it as Jag surprised her with a visit and Jaina is wondering how he managed to get the time to sneak off. Thanks so much!

9. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    So I have been on a role creating SW fan art. so here is my latest project/mission. I descided to illustrate a scene from each of the Fate of the Jedi series.
    The first is from Outcast. I wont go to far into the scene because I don't want to spoil anything, but if you read the book you'll know the scene.

I really pleases with how Luke turned out and I really enjoyed working on this piece. I hope you enjoy it to.

Outcast: LukeSkywalker

10. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    I loved "outcast" ^_____^
    I think you have done a great job, it's exactly how I imagine Luke in the book. The hair is really lovely in yours new style, and the lightsaber and ligtning is really well done ^__^ I also like the way you did the cloak... fabrics looks better in the new style too.

Something I like to use for fabrics with a rough texturing... there are two ways you can do it: with a texture from any image, put this as a previous layer and adjust opacity, then on top a new layer on "multiply" and your color. 2, use fabric brushes or make your own brush in photoshop, then paint your colo layer, then as a multiply layer on top set to 40-50%, use the same color as the previous layer ;)

^ I like to do cloaks this way. I found out this while experimenting, there might be a better way... but it is better than my previous way and works for the moment, I thought you will like to know ^__^

11. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Thanks so much! [:D]

I used technique number one you suggested for his cloak. I have not played around or do I know how to create my own brushes yet. hope full soon I will learn...

12. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    So this is more 3D art and I not the best with 3D sculpture but I have been working on a Tenel Ka costume for dragon con. Unfortunately the pieces are coming together slowly because of school. I was able to fit this project in for a class assignment.... so... yay! I'm also working on a stand for it but it's not done yet.

[image=http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r145/JediSeeker1/DSC09858.jpg]

[image=http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r145/JediSeeker1/DSC09855.jpg]

13. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    OMGOMGOMG! *squeals* eeeeee!! That is SO cool. I really can't even say how awesome I think that is (or how badly I want one, lol). Ughh. I always wished they would make her lightsaber into a toy that we can buy. blahhhh. But this is truly amazing. WOW =D=

14. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Wow! That's amazing. If you don't mind me asking, what's it made out of?

15. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    so cooool *^____^* It has everything, like it was the real thing :eek: I so want one T__T ... you did such an awesome job ! and you're going to be an amazing Tenel Ka ^__^

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Can´t wait to see that costume finished...

[face_love]

And nice job on that elderly, troubled and concerned looking Luke...

[:D]

17. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Wow. Amazing work!! :eek:

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Ooo, very cool!!

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    May I ask if your gorgeous project is finished yet?

[face_batting]

20. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    wow, I guess I have MIA for longer then I thought. I just want to say thanks to all who stopped by to comment!

QueenMother_LK - Thank you so much! It would be so awesome if they made the lightsabers of the EU characters.

TheMacUnleashed - Thanks I made it out of a Bull's Horn, a nipple pip, sculpty clay, paint and various decorations.

Kiyuuchan - Thanks so much! it seams to be a hot idem!

AzureAngel2 - thanks so much and yes I will post pics when I'm done. Unfortunately I have come to a little bit of a road block with rancor armer. pluse I'm also working on a Rogue costume as well. so I have been a bit busy. sorry to keep you waiting for so long.

Qui-Gon_Reborn - Thanks so much!

NYCitygurl - Thank you!

one of the reasons I havent posted anything here recently is because I have been working on a few non-SW projects. you can see them over at my DA account.. I have been playing around with different techniques in PS and I'm liking what I have produced. With the releases of Omen I have finished reading it and have begun on a drawing from that book. A on going series that I'm working on is to illistrate at least one scene from each of the FOTJ book that comes out. again thanks to everyone who stops by to look.

21. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    This is my Illustration for Star Wars: Fate Of the Jedi: Omen by Christie Golden.

He stumbled away several steps before leaning against one of the standing stones. He let it support him, clutching it like a lifeline. Luke had been right. There was no healing here, no closure. No chance of "saving Jacen." Just a horrible racking inevitability, a feeling of helplessness, and the sensation of picking at a wound that should have healed long ago.

Ben Rested his head against the stone and sobbed.

You Can't Change the Past

Enjoy!

22. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    :_|:_|
    what an emotional painting! your deep painterly style makes it so vivid. Ben is one my favorite characters. I think you capture him very well.
    Very good work =D=

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    This also makes me cry!

:_|

Wow, this is a very emotional piece, dear. You really stir a lot here.

24. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Thank So Much Azure and Kikichan for your wonderful comments [:D]

So I haven't been around here that much, mostly because of school. I have been working on quit a bit of non-Star wars art. You can see those over at my DA account. I did want to share with you a project that we had for class. we had to choose a famous person that is either currently alive or is from the past. Then we had to create a room that would describe this person. ....She never said it had to be an actual room... well I hope you all like it! it's a bit of a different style then what I usually do but I was trying something new.

Office From Another Galaxy

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love your new art of the office=D==D==D= Jedi master G.L.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.