main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Artist TheOnlyJediPrincess's Illustrations Backlash Comic adaptation (may 5)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheOnlyJediPrincess, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Beautiful update! [face_love]
    I love the colors on Allana's armor, they fit so well.

And your anime self is awesome! I like the hair. [face_hypnotized] =D=

2. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Chilla - Thank you! The hair was kind of fun to draw. I tried coloring it in PS but I really didn't take my time so it didn't turn out to well. so desided not to post it.

Now I would like someadvise. I drew a picture for the The Official Fan Art Challenge (February), and I'm not too crazy about how it turned out. I was trying to go for an animated style of drawing. I already put pen on it, so I really can't change it (I should have waited:oops:). I was wondeing if I should still enter it as is or redo the picture? your thoughts and sujestions are welcomed greatly.

[link=http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r145/JediSeeker1/QuinlanVosandKhaleenHentz.jpg]Quinlan and Khaleen[/link]

TOJP

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I rather like this piece so far, TOJP--what is it, specifically, that you think needs to be changed...? It's a nice blend of a unique animated style with a realistic style, and both characters are easily identifiable; the detailing on the costuming is wonderful, and I like the start to the shading. I don't really see anything wrong with it--and I would look forward to seeing some color on it, too! ;) :D

FF

4. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Thanks FF. I guess I don't really think that it is up to par with the rest of my work. maby some color would help.

5. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    TheOnlyJediPrincess wrote: I don't really think that it is up to par with the rest of my work.

Hmm--in what way, specifically...? This is a different style than some of your other work, but that certainly doesn't mean it "isn't up to par" with it--experimenting with different styles is a great way for an artist to diversify their skills and try new things, but each different style is just that: different! It gives you the freedom to try new ways of lining and shading and just about everything else--and it can really only be compared with pieces done in that same style, rather than something, say, more realistic. I'd say the Quinlan/Khaleen piece compares quite favorably with the more recent "self portrait" you did... I like it, and even without color, I think it's a wonderful piece! We seem to see so little of Quinlan, anyway (and this is a great likeness!)--and to see him with his "girl" is even better! ;)

FF

6. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    You make me feel so much better. but I have been adding color the drawing and it is looking sooooo much better. I can hardly wait to finish it. [face_dancing] but thank you for your encouragement.

7. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    The anime you drew of yourself is so cute!

8. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    REE - Thanks.

Here is my entry for the Art Challenge. I'm very happy with it even thought I was having a hard time being satisfied with it early on!

[link=http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r145/JediSeeker1/QuinlanVosandKhaleenHentzcolorco-1.jpg]Quinlan And Khaleen color[/link]

Enjoy!

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice! =D= I love the colors--vivid!--and that's some wild hair Khaleen has there! ;) Love the highlighting on Quin's armoring--and it sort of leads one to wonder what we may have interrupted, with them standing in the bushes like that... ;) :D [face_mischief] Lovely finish, TOJP!

FF

10. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    FF- Ooooh very scandal es :D! thanks for commenting.

11. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    It's odd, I never really cared for these characters until the final issues of Republic, and then it was too late! I hope they bring them into some of the new TV shows in the next few years now. Nice stuff! :)

12. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Basement24 - Yea I had to do my Homework with these two. I really didn't know who they were. I thought that they had a look that would be fun to draw and color on PS. thanks for commenting!

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm going to have to admit, I'm not really familiar with these characters either(moreso with Quinlan, I don't even know who she is), but you've done a real nice job with your research and having this come together into a fun piece. Not only does this fulfill the requirements of the challenge, but it's also quite fitting for Valentines's.

I also really like what you've done with your PS technique. The broad, loose brushstrokes in the background really add a nice touch to this piece. It really hints of a forest or some kind of underbrush back there. Nice job all around! :)

14. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    HanSolo29 - Khaleen is his girlfriend, who is also the father of his child. I never really thought of it as a Valentines's picture, But I guess it dose fit. I'm glad you like it. thanks for commenting.

15. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    You did their expression very well!:)

16. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    NLSkywalker - Thank you :D

17. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Here is my recent work. It's younger Luke Skywalker. Sometimes I wonder Luke's stories would be before he went off with Obi-wan.

[link=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1179442/YoungLukeSkywalkercopy.jpg]Young Luke Skywalker[/link]

Also, sorry about some of the broken links. I'm going to try and fix that. if there is a picture you want to see just PM me.

Thanks for stopping by to look.

Enjoy!

18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 11, 2003
    :) I like your picture of Luke - there's something about it that makes me smile.

19. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Thanks! :) He makes me smile too. I think it's that young, child hood sense.

20. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Here is my entry for March's Art Challenge! I sujest clicking on the picture to get the best look. he is holding a death stick.

[link=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/50676616/?q=by%3Ajediseeker1&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps]
    Cade Skywalker[/link]

Enjoy!

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :oops:

**slaps forehead**

I could have sworn I commented on "Young Luke!" I know I looked at it before...so sorry TOJP! :( I like the style for him--not quite chibi, but close; the expression is darling, and I agree with soits--it makes me smile, too!

A big WOW on the Cade Skywalker picture! =D= Great angle for the "shot," looking upward at him from below--very dramatic--and I just love how you've managed to include some of Luke's and Anakin's facial characteristics in his features: to me, anyway, there's no question who this fellow is descended from! Very nice musculature, and I really like the shading--you're getting more brave with the contrasts, and it's really adding a lot of drama and depth to your work. Well done, and good luck in the contest!

FF

22. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Thank you so much. I'm glad that there is a noticeable improvement.

23. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Great job on Cade! It looks exactly like him. I'm a big fan of the Legacy comics. The red for the deathstick alone makes a big impact on the grayscale image.

24. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    Nice work on Cade there! [face_dancing]
    The red of the deathsticks is great, because it stands out amongst the greyscale!

25. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Giolon05- Thanks! I like the Legacy comics too. It was nice to have some thing glowing besides a lightsaber.

rhi-sparks- Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.