main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist TheOnlyJediPrincess's Illustrations Backlash Comic adaptation (may 5)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheOnlyJediPrincess, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was a good part of the book :D

And wonderful drawing!! You did an excellent job with the shading and showing an older, somewhat weary Han. So amazing =D=

2. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    So I wanted to say sorry that I have been kind of bad commenting on peoples threads. I have been working on different projects here and there. But I do want to say that I have seen some amazing peaces here! there is some great talent and development happening here.

Replies to Han Solo

Thanks! I hope you do get around to reading it. so far it has been one of my favorites in this series. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

NYCitygurl- I think that was one of my favorite scenes. I laughed really hard when Jag tried to imitate him.

New stuff!

So one of the projects that I have been working on is my first SW Fan Fic called The Key. This first new peace is from the story. I did it with color Pencil and PS. It's not the best I have done, but I don't have much experience with PS. Make of it as you will!

Light at the door

The other new peace is of Princess Leia. I have been wanting to draw this for a while and I finally had the chance.

Slave Leia

I hope everyone enjoys!

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Very beautiful artwork! I especially like the contrast of color with the silowets(sp?) headed toward the darkened door. Very, inspirational and makes the imagination ready to run.

Slave Leia is also very nice, took me a minute to realize it but nice effects with the cushions propped around. It gives it a bit more of a relaxed since about it, possibly just lounging around on her honeymoon with Han instead of Jabba type setup.;)

4. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Mitth_Fisto -

Very, inspirational and makes the imagination ready to run.
    I was hopping it would it would do that, because there is a lot of mystery to this door in my Fan Fic.

It gives it a bit more of a relaxed since about it, possibly just lounging around on her honeymoon with Han instead of Jabba type setup
    Han probubly hid it in the Falcon and saved it for a special night! [face_laugh]

Thank you for stopping by.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice that new piece for your story.
    Great colours and those silouettes.

And Leia is nice too.

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love Leia -- you do such an amazing job with her!! She's really realistic. You did a very nice job with the shading and showing little details like the strands of her hair. Very cool :cool:

~Nat

7. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Hiya, thought I'd swing by your thread. You've got loads of great stuff here :)

I love 'I killed him', the single tear is really effective, and beautiful shading [face_love] I also like the Ben Skywalker one, you captured the moment perfectly!~ And 'Hey somebody get me a drink', what a classic! Great job with the pose and that is so Han Solo! :D

Also took a look at your DV8 gallery, very impressive - love your Indiana Jones [face_love]
    Looking forward to seeing more from you!

8. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi TOJP!! [:D] Sorry it's taken me SOOOO long to get in here and GUSH over your Slave Leia!! I love this piece--there've been a lot of these drawn, but there's a wonderful originality in your version: I think it must be your bold lines and softer shading... **scratches chin thoughtfully** I love the detailing in her hair and costume, and the handling of the light is just terrific! Great job! =D= The PS/colored pencil piece is very ethereal--almost like a dream image, with the soft colors and the silhouetted figures... This makes me think of Qui Gonn and young Obi Wan, for some reason...

Great work--and I'll try not to be such a stranger from now on! :D

FF

9. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    FalconFan- Thanks for stopping by, trust me I know RL can get busy and before you know it it's a month later. The armor for Princess Leia was one of the hardest part. I'm glad it turned out. As for the PS/ colored pencil peace your spot on, it is in a dream that this scene occurs. Thanks again!

Glitbiter
    - Thank you So much! I'm glad you are enjoy them!

NYCitygurl- Thanks. my main focus on improvement for this drawing was the hair. I really took my time on it.

earlybird-obi-wan- thanks!

Now I have a new drawing for you. I drew this from the latest chapter I posted from my Fan Fic The Key.

Who Says...

I hope everyone enjoys!

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice new picture and that point of view on the scene gives it some unique tension.

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes, I have to agree there with the whole angle tension thing. It also reminds me of a reversed image I saw once where the person was overlooking the head of the person moving forward toward the scared individual. This is a nice reverse of that feel so that instead of the fear of the one you see the calm and possible reason for fright from the advancer and state of the room.

Very nice.

12. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan- Thank you I do have to say thanks to FalconFan for helping me on this piece. she gave me some great advice to help bring that tension out more. thanks for looking!

Mitth_Fisto- Thanks! I would be very interested in seeing that piece that this reminds you of.

Thanks for stopping by to look and comment!

13. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Love your new picture, I agree with the others that it's an interesting take on the scene. I can feel the tension oozing from this piece. The woman looks very menacing, and I like the action with her hand held out. The lightbulb in the left hand corner looks like it's still swinging, as if the room's only just been trashed.

Very cool :cool:

14. ART2-D2

ART2-D2 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 17, 2007
    Like the leia alot,Love the 3-d prespective drawing. Nice work on shading. Hope to see more =D=

15. DanaeMariSkywalker

DanaeMariSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2006
    Wow! All your art is so great! I love how all of them look so realistic. [face_love]
    I wish I could draw like that. :(
    Keep up the great work!

~DanaéMariSkywalker

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I love your work! [face_love] Your drawings are beautiful. You're very talented -- I love how you're drawing pictures to accompany your fanfic (BTW, I've begun reading it and will be posting a comment soon -- it's really interesting! :D ). I love that last drawing -- "Who Says." The pose is great. :D

=D=

17. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Glitbiter- Thanks! and yes it was trashed recently!

ART2-D2- Thanks! and of course you will see more! :D

DanaeMariSkywalker- Thanks! It took a lot of practice!

Idrelle_Miocovani - Thanks so much! I can't wait to hear what you think!

thanks to everyone stopping by to take a look and thanks for commenting too!

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I should've been in to comment on this last week (but got uber-busy and couldn't! :oops: )!

I really like the way you incorporated the suggestions in this--great job! It's fun reading the comments you've been getting, as it confirms just how well you captured your scene here! Conveying mood and emotion is one of the ways to make your art more powerful, and you've got a gift for that, it's clear! Again--wonderful shading and depth, and a terrific energy! =D= Very, very nice! :D

FF

19. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Hay FalconFan [:D] It's ok I know RL can get busy. Thank you so much for your comments and your help on this drawing. I can't describe how thankful I am!

20. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    This is a quick sketch of a scene from Revelations that couldn't get out of my head. I'm not going to set up the scene, you'll just have to read the book. I'm also working on another scene from this book which I'm taking a little bit more time on.

Endor Sun Set

Enjoy!

21. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    I know which scene it is!~ I like the angle you've chosen, the sun coming through the trees is lovely. The smudging around the sun gives it a great cloudy/misty effect. As always, I love your delicate shading - it's perfect for this scene, you've really captured the mood :)

Lovely work, can't wait to see the next one.

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **lip is still quivering**

I so love this! I've looked at it several times tonight, and get that "pinch" in my throat each time! You really captured the moment here, so very well--I agree with Glitbiter about the shading around the setting sun: it really gives the impression of the light slowly fading, "as the day ran out of things to say to itself..." **blubbering again**

Beautiful work!

FF

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    again a nice piece of artwork.

24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    What has been said, and yet known. In this the final solace, two gaze on what one had seen, once in the saving in what was lost.

25. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Glitbiter- Thank you so much!

FalconFan- There, There, the Skywalker boys will make it through this. I'm glad that you are enjoying this drawing even though it puts a lump in your throat.

earlybird-obi-wan- thanks! [:D]

Mitth_Fisto- words well spoken!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.