main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist TheOnlyJediPrincess's Illustrations Backlash Comic adaptation (may 5)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheOnlyJediPrincess, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    AzureAngel2
    Well, I do different styles because I still try myself out and I always paint when I am overflowing with emotions!

That's awesome!

So I have a big update here today! I did a project for one of my classes and I post them over at the DA and they were a hug hit, so I thought I would share them with you here!

Fire Wood
    Raking Leaves
    Bus Stop
    Playing Ball
    Hitchhiking

Next I had a slow weekend when it came to HW. I was able to a bit of fan work. This scene has been in my head for a long time. It's the first time I've done full profile drawings and I know there are some things that could be better. But I do have to say thanks to Blue-But-Beautiful for her help on it.

Unexpected Visit

Enjoy!

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] Oh those stormtrooper pics are classic. :D Love the Hitchhiker one. [face_laugh]

"Unexpected Visit" is very sweet. Cute. [face_love]

Lovely work!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely those stormtrooper pics, hitch hiking to the Death Star [face_laugh]

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    ROFL on the trooper pics! [face_laugh] Classic! And who did you get to wear the armor...? Someone who owed you BIGtime, would be my guess! LOL! And I just love "Unexpected Visit!" A lovely illustration of a warm and tender moment for these two characters (and they, just like Jaina's parents, could really use some moments like that!); profiles can be a challenge, but you've done a great job with them here. I also really like the way Jaina resembles her grandmother Padme--a lovely homage to her ancestry, that! [face_love] Wonderful job!

FF

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Love the photos!! And awww, cute J/J scene!

6. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Wow lots of new stuff! :)

The stormtrooper photos are cute. Who's wearing the costume?
    Jaina and Jag look good too, a touching moment...[face_love] profiles are quite hard but you've done a great job

[This is Glitbiter btw in new identity ;)]

7. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Idrelle_Miocovani - Thanks! The Hitchhiker one is my favorite too! I think it's the most popular.

earlybird-obi-wan - :D that's great isn't it!

FF - The guy that helped me didn't owe me anything, he did it out of the kindness of his heart, And it was a lot of fun to do! Thanks for your comments! the Profiles were challenging, I'm glad Jaina has some family resemblance!

NYCitygurl - Thanks! :D

Kiyuuchan - Hey Glitb..eh...Klyuuchan :D Yes there are a lot of new stuff, I have been pilling it up waiting for a time when I can post it! The Guy who is wearing the armor is a guy from a local SW Fan group. Thanks So Much! [:D]

Thanks Everyone for stopping by to comment! it really dose mean a lot to me even though it took for ever for me to reply!

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL! I love what you've done with the stormtrooper photographs. Being a member of the 501st, I can appreciate the humor in those. Nice job!

And moving right along to the Jaina and Jag drawing - nicely done! It brings across a lot of emotion to the viewer. :)

9. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    HanSolo29 - Thanks! That's awesome your in the 501st.

well Now I have a huge update. I cant believe I haven't posted these here yet. the next ten pictures I did for a final project for my Foundation 2D class. we were working on different color pallets.

Here is the SW connection:

Jaina with her Purple lightsaber,
    Jaina?s parents were stationed on Hoth,
    Where the rebel alliance was stationed
    The rebel alliance used the Marek family crest,
    Galen Marek saved the senator Organa who is the king of Alderaan
    witch is also the home planet of Princess Leia
    who?s real father Vader was burned to a crisp on Mustifar,
    Vader created 3PO
    who sidekick R2 was eaten by a dragon snake
    which Jacen was very good at charming snakes and other small animals.

And here are two sneak peeks of some projects I'm working on currently:

Wedge Teaser
    Tenel Ka Teaser

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    wow, you have been busy with all those beautiful pictures.

And those two teasers promise to be something special too.

Great work

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    All very nice!! My favorite is 3PO. I also like how in the Jaina one, the glow of her lightsaber is reflecting off her body :)

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow! That's quite a big update--10 complete pieces plus the "teasers!" **is somewhat jealous that TOJP is such a prolific artist** ;) Were these all done in traditional media? It really looks like watercolor or perhaps acrylic paint (which also makes me jealous--I can't paint to save my mortal soul! lol!)--beautiful, "painterly" quality to them all! I'm especially enamored of the Jaina and Jacen portraits--very well-done, with beautiful highlighting and contrasts. All are wonderful--and we'll definitely be looking forward to the completed Wedge and TK pieces (I'm thinking we also have Jacen in the TK piece--I see part of a hand on her shoulder...?)! Lovely work!

FF

13. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Wooooow so many awesome pictures ! <3 you're so lucky to get to paint star wars for school.
    Jaina and Jacen are my favourites, the contrasting colours are great in both, especially the red on green it's amazing and very true of the character. I love Jacen's face, he's looking very handsome [face_love] Liking the expression on Malek too, an his outfit is cool ^___^
    All your lines are clean, that bit of definition looks really nice on your pictures.
    And your teaser TK makes me want to draw her again, I'm really looking forward to that one hehe. =D=

14. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan ? Yes I have been busy. I had two weeks to put those all together. I had way too much fun with that final and it was one of my favorites projects. As for the teasers you?re in luck, at the end of this post there is a link to one of the teasers.

Hi Nat! I?m glad you like them. The reflection off her clothing took a few tries to get it right, but it was well worth the time.

FalconFan - HI thanks for stopping by, these were created in all kind of media. Watercolor, acrylic, digital, color pencil and ink. These skills took time to develop all you need is practice. Your thinking on TK was correct Jacen is in the drawing check out the final at the link below.

Kiyuuchan ? Thanks. Jacen is a very handsome guy. What the funny thing is his portrait is a remake of one I did a few years back, before the world new he went to the dark side. I just felt it was a good time to make it better because it is appropriate for his character.

Thanks to all for taking the time to stopping but to look and comment!

Here we go...
    This is my latest of Jacen and Tenel Ka

Tenel Ka did not smile, but a look of relief flushed across her face. She was in Jacen's arms almost before he could open them. "Its good to have you here, Jacen. Thank you for coming."

"I'm glad you asked me." Jacen held her to his chest, then said, you didn't need to come up here though. I would have been happy to come to the palace."

~Troy Denning: Tempest

I hope you all enjoy this piece. I had a bit of trouble with Jacen's face but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Jacen and Tenel Ka

15. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow so many up-dates recently!

I love all of them, but most of all the Mustafar one (very powerful), the Solo Organa twin (well done!), the dragonsnake (gorgeous!) and the Hooth one.

16. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Always good to see more J/Tk ^__^
    I'm glad u finished this, very nice shading and it has a calm romantic feel <333 I like that Jacen has his arms around her, both protective and loving ^^
    Jacen's face came out pretty good, though I see where u could have problems as that angle is a bit tricky. I think it's looking a bit squarish, and the jaw needs to curve up a little. Though TK's face is spot on and definitely her, the expression is realy good too.
    Overall lovely ^___^

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely new picture of Jacen and Tenel Ka and a nice romantic pose.

18. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    oh wow, it been a while since I have been here! I guess school has kept me pretty busy.

AzureAngel2 - Thanks you so much! I had fun doing the Mustafa one and the dragon snake is one of my favs too!

Kiyuuchan- Thanks for the help I'll have to go back and fix it up a bit when I get a chance. I agree, it's nice to see more of them together.

earlybird-obi-wan - Thanks! [:D]

And now for some exciting news. My art work is going to be taking on a new look these days. I got a tablet for my birthday a few months ago (where has the time gone?) so recently I have been coloring in some of my older works. you can check them out on my DA account HERE but I do have a treat for you now. a new piece! I'm still learning the tricks of the trade so it's not perfect but I'm generally pleases with how it turned out. I hope you guys enjoy it!

It from the book Tempest, same chapter as my J/TK drawing took place.

"Jedi are supposed to be strong!"

Well enjoy everyone! I'll try not to wait so long before visits!

19. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear princess, I also wonder how quick time slips away at times.

And I also love getting art stuff for my birthday, because aquarel colours and paper are so utterly expensive.

As for the new painting, a sweet moment that you caught there.

20. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Yaaaaaaaaay for wacom ! ;)
    Your tablet work is so much beter than mine when I started, it looks really good, keep on doing that way ! ^__^
    I love Allana in this, she's so cute [face_blush]

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I've already given a crit on dA about the Jacen/TK piece, so I'll just reiterate my love of it! You have such a great touch with contrasts--so deep and rich--don't ever stop! And the "Jedi are supposed to be strong!" just melted me in my chair... **dissolves into puddle** What a great moment: when Jacen was still in some small way Jacen, and all we see here is his love for this little jewel of a girl... Allana's little pout is perfect--kids always get this face when they start getting too big for us to just pick up and haul around! lol! I love Jacen's expression, too--I imagined it just like this when reading! What a great painting--and congrats on getting started with the Wacom! I've heard nothing but good things about them, so I'll wish you much success with it (I'm sure you'll have no troubles at all!)!

FF

22. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Aww, Jacen and Allana are too cute! I love how Jacen's at eye level for his daughter, that's always such a cute pose. You did a great job here, as with your other pieces--I'm just beginning to find my way around here, so I won't go back and comment on each of them individually (I'd be here all day!) so I'll just sum up by saying, wow! You're very talented, I hope you keep it up! =D=

23. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    AzureAngel2- Yes presents help defeat the term "the starving artist" Thanks you for your comments and stopping by.

Kiyuuchan- Yessss! Wacoms are so much fun! but they do take somegetting used to. look at where you are at now, compared to then. I keep learning new things every time I work on a piece. My new thing is patterns. I was struggling with the background for my J/J drawing and a friend showed me the trick with patterns.

FalconFan - Thanks FF for stopping by. [:D] I always love reading your comments.

Iverna- Thank you! I'm glad you stopped by to comment! It means a lot to me! [face_love]

Thanks everyone for stopping by to look and comment. I also wanted to let you know that I have redrawn my Unexpected Visit and I'm in the process of coloring it on the tablet.

24. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Yeah, everything's more fun on a wacom ;) I just found out how to do the textures for fabrics the other day o_O...

Are you painting over graphite shading, or doing it entirely in photoshop ?

I've seen your J/J on DA ^__^ I like the redux better, it looks really nice... and will be fabulous colored ! ^^

25. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Kiyuuchan- I do all the shading in PS, the smudge tool works great for blending.

Also, I wasn't planning on posting this so soon but I finished it faster then I thought I would! Jag is a little bit more muscular then I would like but that is because this was a possibility for a the romance novel cover we had to do for a class project so I had to.

The setting for this piece I imagined that Jag visiting Jaina unexpectedly some time after the FOTJ series.

I hope you Enjoy it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.