main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Theories on Leia's Torture

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by The___, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibendubruce

jedibendubruce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Yeah it was pretty good. Check out this site...http://www.strangenewworlds.com/issues/feature-09b.html

2. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Here's the sections from that script...first one reads just like the movie except that Vader didn't have Leia on the Death Star but on Alderaan.

22-23 INT. ALDERAAN - PRISON CORRIDOR AND CELL 22-23

Two stormtroopers open an electronic cell door and allow a group of Imperial guards to enter. Princess Leia's face is filled with defiance, which slowly gives way to fear as Darth Vader enters with a giant black torture robot.

VADER
    Now you will tell me what you did
    with the data you gathered. Even
    if that information should find its
    way to Mouff Tarkin's legions, it
    will do them no good. Your plight
    is truly hopeless.

Leia stares at the evil lord with determination.

VADER
    (continuing)
    You will tell me the location of
    your hidden bases, and you will tell
    me what happened to the data you stole.

The door slides shut. The long cell block hallway appears peaceful with armored stormtroopers marching back and forth. The muffled sounds of the princess' screaming are barely heard.

78 INT. ALDERAAN - PRISON CELL CORRIDOR 78

A cell door silently slides open revealing the unconscious body of the princess slumped on a table-like bed. Vader and two OFFICERS exit the cell and the door silently slides shut again.

VADER
    We'll get nothing more out of her.

1ST OFFICER
    The hidden bases have to be somewhere
    in the southwest. That's something...
    I'll start a search operation.

VADER
    Start a destroy operation... Wipe out
    every system in that sector if you
    have to.

The Commander exits. The Officer points back to Leia's
    cell.

1ST OFFICER
    What about her?

VADER
    Terminate her... but make it slow.
    We might still get some information.

89-90 INT. ALDERAAN - PRISON CORRIDOR - CELL 89-90

Han stops before cell 2187 and yells something to Chewbacca, who covers his face as the young pirate blasts the door away with his laser pistol. When the smoke clears, Han looks in the cell and an expression of horror crosses his face.

HAN
    'Holy Maker,' NO!

Suspended inside the cell by invisible rays, a bloody and mutilated Leia Organa hangs upside down. A strange yellow glow radiates from her eyes.
    Chewbacca rushes into the cell past the dazed Han. The Wookiee yells something and Han comes to, firing his pistol at a small control box in the wall. The unconscious princess drops like a rock into the giant Wookiee's arms. Chewbacca slings her over his shoulder and joins Han in the hallway.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I can post an MP3 with an excerpt of the torture scene from the Radio Drama if anyone would like.

The actress who played Leia in the Radio Drama was a better actress than even Fisher was- the emotion and pain in her voice during the destruction of Alderaan brought tears to my eyes the first time I heard it.

>>Even as a young adult listening to this when this came out, I was thinking, "Ewwwww, that's more PG-13 type stuff!"<<

Funny that, since PG-13 didn't exist when the Radio Drama came out... ;;D

4. jedibendubruce

jedibendubruce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Thanks k-man & Quest. Very enjoyable.

5. k-man

May 14, 2002
    I'd love an MP3 posted!

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    WOW! :eek: That torture scene clip is really disturbing. And Vader tells Leia he's her father, no less. ;)

"Yeah, and don't forget Vader was there during the torture. Being mind-probed with a Sith lord present must be quite the experience."

And you'd probably enjoy it, wouldn't you, DLM?

I don't know what you're talking about. [face_mischief]

8. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    I agree with all about the Radio Drama. That scene was particularly powerful. I need to listen to that again in my car.

For all who've never listened to the radio drama(s), you really should. ANH is the best but ESB and ROTJ are ok if you're stuck in traffic.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, those two clips are the best scenes in the ANH Radio Drama, meanwhile I feel that the Han/Luke scene while they're camped out in the shelter on Hoth was the highlight of ESB, and the post-Sarlacc battle scene aboard the Falcon was ROTJ's (gotta love Han's suggestion that Leia hold onto the slave outfit- LOL).

10. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    (gotta love Han's suggestion that Leia hold onto the slave outfit- LOL).

That would certainly be an interesting way to end the NJO. ;) :p

It would have been pretty funny for Chewie to have to carry (Carrie :p ) Leia through the Death Star. :p [face_laugh]

11. k-man

May 14, 2002
    WOW! Those are great! Who's the actress? She did a great job. It's so cool to listen to it without seeing it...like an old Orsen Welles radio theater thing from the 1930's.

PS - I love that tool of an Imperial guard walking in on Vader during the interrogation..."Err...everything alright, Lord Vader?"

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ann Sachs is the actress who played Leia in the Radio Dramas.

13. YodasGroove

YodasGroove Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2003
    K-Man thanks for posting that info about Leia's deleted torture scene. I never knew or heard that before that it was more intense then that! Whooo! Yellow eyes! Whoa!

Jedibendibruce you are right, that does sound like a Linda Blair scene! Yikes!

The2nd_Quest, thanks for that link to the audio mp3. Now everybody can hear the radio drama version of that scene. You are right, when Han and Luke were trapped in the shelter in the middle of the snowstorm on Hoth it was really great stuff! Insightful of their growing friendship too. They could always make light and have a sense of humour and be optimistic about the worst.

Yeah, Elf, wasn't that a powerful scene? That's what I was talkin about! Did Brock Peters lay his thing down or what, and Ann Sachs was incredible, she has a great voice too.

Another great scene is in the radio drama of Star Wars A New Hope, when Biggs and Luke talk alone out in the desert about Biggs joining the rebellion and he tells Luke how his feelings about staying to help Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen are holding Luke back from his future.

When Luke said , "But Biggs, they're all the family I got! They're ALL I got!" I felt that! Whooo! That was good acting by Mark Hamill. Their exchange was so real. I think everyone who has ever left home to go to school or follow their dreams could feel that scene. Especially when Luke said something to the effect of, "Do you think I wanna stay here?!, Do you think I like it here?" and Biggs goes , "No Luke, I didn't mean that at all". And Luke goes, "Well that's how it sounded!" Whoooo! Hamill was great here!

I think one of Dark Horse's Comics next stories are gonna reflect Biggs and Luke again during this period. It really is good stuff man!

The speeder race was really good too. I also liked listening to The Shadows of The Empire tape too, though they only used one actor, between him and the sound effects it was pretty good and very insightful, esp about Tatooine. Even Though Billy Dee does not play Lando in Jedi on the radio drama tapes, he comes back to play Lando in the Dark Knight radio drama, (this is from the comic where Luke turns to the dark side) another good radio play, when Luke got to the planet Byss, it was intense, deep, good, scary stuff.

Luke: Where am I?

Emperor's Guard: You are on the planet Byss.

I hope they put this one on CD too. They had to transport Luke in a specially made Jedi transport because of his incredible skills! The sound effects were off the Emperor's hook! Whoooo! This is also the Dark Horse Comic I first learned about the Emperor's clones and they show them. When he tried to get Leia's babies! Whooo again! Good stuff! Very entertaining and scary, good stuff!

These Radio drama plays should of gotten awards! I will definitely buy these on CD when I get the dough saved for them. Shoot! You all are making me pull out my tapes right now! I'm listen to them again this weekend! For the 200th time! :) (I lost count)

14. amien

amien Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    Thanks for posting those MP3's! The torture one was a little weird ... it's hard to get used to another guy doing Vader's voice. JEJ really *is* Vader. :)

I wonder if Vader would have tortured Leia like that if he knew she was his daughter.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>he comes back to play Lando in the Dark Knight radio drama<<

You mean Dark Empire.

>>I hope they put this one on CD too.<<

It was released on CD as a collectors edition that contained the whole trilogy (Dark Empire, Dark Empire 2 and Empire's End, with EE being found solely in the set and nowhere else).

It's hard as hell to get. They usually go up on ebay every now and then, but usually end up around 70 to 90 dollars.

I just got a set recently, though I haven't listened to it yet (I'm rereading the books that preceed it chronologically first, as a lead-in), I've heard good things about it- especially since it expands upon the comic books in detail.

Though I can't imagine the production quality would exceed the Radio Dramas, but as long as they are at least on par with the Dark Forces and Tales of the Jedi audio dramas, they'll be good enoguh I think ::)

16. YodasGroove

YodasGroove Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2003
    Thanks for the corrections! I couldnt remember the names! Heehhee!

I will look for those hard to get jimmies! May the Force be with me to find them! WhoooHoo! Gimme a starwars milkshake and some chewie cookies!

17. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    That was a little... strange. I cringed when I listened to it. Particularly when she said, "Vader, keep that thing away from me!"

Leia is one of my favorite characters, and to hear her portrayed like that was rather disturbing.

18. k-man

May 14, 2002
    I have to ask this (for like the bazillionth time on these boards -- I haven't gotten an answer yet). Do you think Leia was tortured on Bespin? Most ESB EU sources suggest it and one NJO novel has Jacen Solo say it outright, but I think they're assuming.

Judging from both Han and Leia's condition in their cell on Bespin, she's not nearly in the shape Han is.

Thoughts?

19. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Yeah, I asked the same question in this very thread, k-man. No one answered me either.

I don't know anything about the EU, but as far as the movie goes...

Leia didn't look like she got tortured at all, but I always wondered what "pain" Luke foresaw on Dagobah.

Maybe she didn't get tortured at all, but seeing Han in pain and seeing him frozen in carbonite was the sort of pain she experienced.

It didn't look like they tortured Chewie either.

20. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    [image=http://www.jedinet.com/multimedia/gallery/Original_Trilogy/Characters/Princess_Leia/leia_197.jpg]

21. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    that torture mp3 was great!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.