main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Theory about where this show is headed and the series finale.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    You don't want to know what lies beneath his fedora. [face_cowboy]

2. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Who says it has to be all about bounty hunting? There could be wars going on, genocide taking place, coups against the Emperor, Jedi to hunt down, expedition forces into the satellite galaxies, and evil Force-users like Mother Talzin hatching evil schemes to try and consolidate power. The best part: the era isn't as explored as other time periods in Star Wars, therefore there is a lot that could be done in this hypothetical "Dark Times" series. Plus, Star Wars' most recognizable villain, Darth Vader.

3. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Beyond the obvious minuscule anti-Imperial rebels that don't coalesce or win major victories until within a few years of ANH, there are the handful of Order 66 survivors to contend with.

Also, I had a theory about non-state actors who could pose a significant post-Clone Wars threat to the Empire with terrorism. Their threat could serve to unite the various interests within the Empire behind Palpatine, Vader and the Imperial military.

4. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    They don't have to be "rebels". The Empire might contend with civilizations in the Unknown Territories or satellite galaxies. Or, maybe, with worlds that were neither allied with the Republic or Seperatists.

Or perhaps the Sun Guard lead a coup against the Emperor to establish an Imperial theocracy?

Don't you see how many things could be done with this time period? It doesn't have to be just bounty hunting and crime syndicates, though I really would like to see that.

QuangoFett likes this.
  5. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Much like how The Clone Wars branched out into Jedi philosophy, dark witches, bounty hunters and pirates, civil wars on neutral planets and many other topics beyond the remit of a grand war between the Republic and CIS, I hope to see a Dark Times-era series go beyond just Jedi-hunting and underworld activities.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  6. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    For the series to reach its potential, it should also focus on the Vader/Sidious dynamic. Their relationship was dicey at best. Remember, Vader was always trying to finds ways to get rid of Palps. The machinations that he creates to do so should be interesting. Perhaps develop his own power base that's not linked to the Empire. Likewise, we should also see Sidious's frustration with Vader. Perhaps he will try to find other apprentices, ones that can surpass Vader. But, of course, they will fail, either from their own recklessness or Vader's clandestine interference.

QuangoFett likes this.
  7. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Where was it confirmed the series would "transition into something else" by the end of it all?

8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Twitter, I think?

https://twitter.com/BFree63/status/286245034943201280

9. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Thanks, 07jonesj, I appreciate it.

07jonesj likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.