main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Theory: "I Will Stop People From Dieing"

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Was watching Episode II, then had an idea/theory for Episode III. Anakin makes a large point that he will stop people from dieing. I think in Episode III he will find a way to stop people from dieing...the answer...

VADER'S SUIT!!! I was like, duh! Ani must have made the suit as a life support for people that are about to die, and before he can tell the councel about it/use it for others, he turns to the darkside, gets trown into the lave pit, The Emperor pulls him out, and Ani's like "The suit, put me in the suit" and the rest is history(or future in this case).

What do ya think?

2. SithRuler77

SithRuler77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2003
    that is very good, but i think he cant stop padme from dying because of obi's slow paced training and blames him and they fight and he falls into a lava pit on the junkyard planet and barely lives....there are lots of facts but its long!

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Given Anakin's talent with machines...and his already artificial hand, it does present an interesting idea.

BTW, into a lava pit on the junkyard planet...I know the lava pit thing has been discussed for years, but please be careful about "spoilers." This thing about a junkyard planet is close to being a spoiler for many people around here.

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Jon, I think Anakin is referring to his abilities with the Force, not his mechanical prowess, when he says, "I will become so powerful that I will even be able to stop people from dying." He wants to become so strong in the Force that he can use it to prevent death altogether. I think all the suit is is a last resort that he constructs for himself when he can no longer breath on his own.

5. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    You're wrong. He wants to stop stupid punk kids from dyeing their hair weird colors. Duh!

6. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    That theory has been around for a while. It's nothing new. I hope it's not true, I like Randoms theory better.

Junkyard planet? I that really a rumor? Now that just sounds dumb. I should just leave these boards before I find out anything else.

7. DyeJedi

DyeJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2003
    the "junkyard planet"

Pittsburgh?

8. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    HA! OWNED!!!!

Or could be canada?

9. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    While I think Anakin's skill with machines offers a unique perspective on his desire to "stop people from dying"...but I think he really was talking about developing as a jedi (in the Force) to the point of god-like powers.

Remember, from the moment Qui-Gon found him...he's been thought of as "the choosen one" which for someone who grew up under such harsh conditions...could an obsession. "It's all Obi-Wan's fault...he's holding me back" aside from the trauma of losing his mother, that's the voice of someone who feels he's beyond the advice of his teachers. I think Anakin really thinks he is strong enough (or can become strong enough) to conquer death...and prevent it in those he loves.

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I kind of thought it was the Vader Suit the first time I saw the movie. He still failed.

11. DyeJedi

DyeJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2003
    Well, not really if you think about it. He made it to save his life because he was already injured, and it did. I don't think he planned on using it to stand up to Force lightning.

12. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Unless your a boy scout("always be prepared"), you usually don't build things to stand up against force lightning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.