main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Theory: Kylo and Rey are siblings, and Kylo spared her as a little girl.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi_Mind_Trix, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

interesting... what does that mean?
    what academy could it be?

2. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    My question was if the attack on the academy happened 14-15 years before TFA. Just wanted to check how that fits with Rey.

But it seems Rey was already in Jakku when that event ocurred.

3. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    How about young Force-sensitive Ben can tell that his mother is with child, before any such detection by Han, before any such conversation with Han, and involving Leia's own agency for saying not saying, revealing or not revealing, this or that. But Ben knows. Leia cannot stop that awareness.

4. Hernalt

Jun 29, 2000
    Whatever the reveal is it has to fracture what a good person told them which they came to believe, which is not the entire truth, and also ring true even if such horrible truth is spoken by a villain, such that the hero - who loves truth because they are honorable - is now in debt to the villain even while wanting to kill them. That's the structure of the ESB reveal. Nothing and no one is ruled out.

DD-1110 and IrisBest like this.
  5. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    We've already taken the Jacen Solo angle from the EU. Let's not make it the Jaina *and* Jacen Solo angle.

6. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I'm not saying there definitely was. This person reviewing it did.

Sure. Factual that Rey is 19 in the visual guide. Finn is 23.

I thought the Kylo Ren part was supposed to be a future vision?

I wouldn't say it's from the EU as such. It's so obviously the way to go just as Lucas said his story was about the grand-children and "like the novels".

His original ST centered around Luke's sister (before that became Leia) so it's not much of a stretch to think his newer ST was about the grand-daughter on the Light Side and the grand-son on the Dark Side.

Since so much of TFA defaults to Lucas own stories the conclusion was so obvious it's hardly a surprise that as of now the reveal of one half of that is in play.

7. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Why all the hidden child subterfuge with Leia though? It just doesn't ring true with how Han and Leia operate. It seems like searching for reasons Han wouldn't know about Rey when Rey just not being his child makes more sense.

Satipo and nalkwan like this.
  8. Hernalt

Jun 29, 2000
    The configuration I am assembling in my head requires that previous revelations that Rey was dipping into the dark side, and previous revelations that Luke learned how to control attachment, by exchanging in its place unconditional love (ROTJ), means that Luke agrees to give Rey the advance training she needs in anger management (I don't have a better term) in exchange for her not pressing the issue of who her family is. A Jedi Order scale expectation, and maybe the only one of such scale, but to a purpose. And ("perhaps") there are pretty good reasons that Rey not discover who she is from prior to having the anger management (I hate this term). Long game. The stakes of the galactic Outer Rim? Republic? depend on the long game. The chess move. Shades of Yoda, prior to his anagnorisis, testing to see the true substance beneath the words. Has to do with attachment.

9. Padawanpappas

Padawanpappas Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2015
    Lady Padme said

I'm not sure I am copying and pasting someone else's quote properly so please bear with me....I think if Kylo had a cousin - especially Luke's daughter who was more powerful than him...he would be very jealous....

10. TheSuperBrando

TheSuperBrando Jedi Knight

Dec 19, 2007
    If the attack happened 14-15 years ago that would make Ren 15-16 when he killed Luke's new Jedi. That just seem too young to me.

11. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Mark Stanley is 100% playing a KoR in the film so in the vision, that is Kylo Ren killing one of his own.

Mungo Baobab and El_Machete12 like this.
  12. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015

And why not? We're throwing out there that Ben was the one that dropped her off, but if that's the case wouldn't he be less surprised upon seeing her again. The fact that he says "It IS you," at least to me indicates that he's more surprised to see her again as if he wasn't expecting to see her at all. if he dropped her off at Jakku then he would have known she was alive, and it seemed more like he didn't realize that or that he wasn't sure about her really being her and not just someone that happens to look like Rey.

That's why I figured Wedge or Lando as a possibility. Lando more likely due to his connections and the fact that he would be someone who could smuggle her out of a place when others are looking for her.

If Rey is Ben's kid, then he would have been 10 or 11 when she was born, seems a bit young to have a child.

13. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    It's not going to be Wedge. If IS you is more confirmation than surprise. He left her there (possibly) to be forgotten about. She was never supposed to leave. Now she has and she's about to discover who she really is (whoever that is).

14. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Turning to the Dark side can happen at any age if the person is drawn into it. Tahiri Veila was pretty much a teen when she was used by Jacen in the novels, would it really be that hard a thing for Ben to be turned at a young age?

See the thing is, How in the world would Ben know about Unkar? His dad? Maybe but Unkar doesn't exactly seem like someone that Han would do business with. Also there's the issue of the village being part of the Church of the Force. Why would Ben drop her off on a planet where there are people that worship the Force in such a way? I suppose one could say, "Well he knows about Unkar from his dad, and he would put Rey in a place where he was sure that she would be around people that are connected to the Force in some way." But that seems a bit odd for a teen that just committed murder to be thinking about.

That's why I wonder if it was maybe Lando who brought her to the planet. Maybe Unkar was supposed to have her taken to the village and he never did?

15. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I believe what Pablo has said on Twitter invalidates Kylo sparing her or her being a Solo.

Who knows? Maybe Ben before turning was the one hidding her as he had a vision of a dark warrior arising without knowing it was him all the time. But I am inclined to believe Luke had a premonition and hid her and erased her memory to protect her, hoping the Force would bring her back to him when the time came.

16. DD-1110

DD-1110 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 20, 2015

What I've always imagined is that Luke would do things differently. He's never encountered Jedi other than Obi-wan and Yoda, based on the films. He doesn't want to rebuild the Jedi Order we see in the prequels, but something new.

Perhaps the word he's taking issue with is not 'Jedi,' but rather 'Academy.' I always imagined that Luke would be more like Yoda in ESB, teaching in nature, surrounded by the Force itself. Not in a formalized academic setting with ranks and tests. Not sure, though.

17. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I didnĀ“t say Jedi Academy but academy instead. He was the one clarifying. I did not get the impression his correction was ment to be for the Jedi part.

I would say it was not an academy.

18. Bobby C

Bobby C Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    Explain WHY this would disgrace Han and Leia? There is still to much back story we don't know. It is possible they thought she was killed by Kyla...or maybe they knew she was alive but also knew she would be in danger if anybody knew who she was(either killed or seduced by Snope. No...I don't think you are necessarily correct. IF she is not a Solo...I will be deeply disappointed with the hints thrown into TFA. The fact that SHE is the one who finds and than flies the Falcon. The fact she can communicate with Chewie. The fact that Han and Rey finish each other's sentences(its instinctual even though she does not know she is his daughter). the fact that She and Chewie go off together without Leia at the end of the movie...in the Falcon....sort of pilot and co-pilot....the clear deep connection between Kyla and Rey. There may be a few holes and the Rey Skywalker theory may be more interesting to think Luke had a child, but then all the hints thrown in were wasted.

As for your need to insult everybody....please remember anger, discord...these are paths to the dark side.

IrisBest and MattOrgana like this.
  19. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    But still... leaving her with Unkar Platt reaks of desperation and not something a parent would do. If Luke had a premonition and wanted to hide her, it's something he could plan in advance. This seems like immediate cause and effect.

20. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    It is weird, no doubt. I would say leaving her with Unkar is not something a good parent would do. But I agree it opens several scenarios.

What is your take on it? Why would Rey be on Jakku before Kylo betrayed the Jedi?

21. Bobby C

Bobby C Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    Possibly.....but technically speaking...Rey could be Luke's niece(leia's daughter) and still be part of his "family".

MattOrgana likes this.
  22. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    I'd say Rey's vision was not the Jedi massacre but an earlier event. It happened either as a secret mission done by Kylo and the other KoR, like something Snoke ordered him to do while he was still training with Luke. Or Kylo ran away from Luke first, took part in this other attack which ended with saving/abducting a young Rey, then a few years later returned to kill the other Jedi students. Both scenarios could mean the incident where Rey was taken is something that Luke, Leia or Han don't even know Kylo was involved with. (which doesn't actually rule out, you know, the possibility she's a second child of Han/Leia who was potentially fostered away anonymously with the hope it would shield her from Snoke, only it seems he was able to track her down...)

I believe that no matter what the timing or circumstances, Kylo was the one who put Rey on Jakku. The evidence that he killed one of his knights in the vision is pretty compelling, and I don't see how there could be any other character besides Rey he'd do that for. Just from a writing pov it doesn't make sense to introduce another character he saved/spared at one point.

MattOrgana and Knessa84 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.