main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Theory on the conflict of Iraq

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by beezel26, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    what if the massive terrorist attacks in Iraq were not the actions of a few rebels but from an organized group of former Iraqi spies.

We all know that after 9/11 Bush targeted Sadam. Perhaps Sadam believed he wouldnt be conquered but his chief of intelligence and security knew better. Perhaps they knew the strength of the military and knew their options. Instead of fighting hard they knew they would loose. Perhaps they used their agents to set up a network of cells. This way the war would continue and the USA would look bad. Eventually, even the interim govt would look bad. And thru the magic of democracy the leaders could install a puppet and rule Iraq the way they see fit.

Although I will say that the entire conflict reads like Frank Herbets Dune. With Saddam as Baron Harkonnen.

Maybe you could continue your speculation in one of the other Iraqi threads?

Feel free to discuss your theory, but the others are right, it really belongs in an existing Iraq thread.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    1. I think this goes in the larger thread about the war in Iraq.

2. It's obvious that Saddam loyalists are part of the insurgency.

3. It's obiouvs that Saddam loyalists aren't all there is to the insurgency.

4. Even if #3 was the case, they have a support base (by coalition intelligence estimations) that's broader than the Iraqi intelligence community would have been. Therefore, the fact that they are getting broader support says that at least someone thinks their insurgency is somehow legitimate/valid.

5. As a great fan of Dune, I really don't see what this has to do with anything.

6. In general, I strongly disagree with the basic proposition of this thread. Yes, the insurgency isn't everyone, and it's trying to cause problems for us. But you'd be fooling yourself if you didn't think there were Iraqis that were genuinely pissed off by what we did/are doing.

3. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    This is a "what if thread"...I hear paddlocks rattling...

4. Tion_Meddon

Tion_Meddon Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004

Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein were actually ENEMIES before the USA lead the Western World into interfering with Middle Eastern affairs, in Persian Gulf War I. He was planning to start attacks against Iraq. Then bin Laden decided that the West was a bigger enemy for setting foot on holy Arabia and interefing with the Muslim nations. If we had just not interfered in others business Osama would have brought down Iraq for us and there would be no 9/11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.