main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST THEORY - Snoke will be revealed in VIII as...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JorakUln, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    burn this thread...Rey's mom... :confused:

cool argument points nonetheless..but no..Snoke is definitely a he...not the "Kaitlyn Jenner of the GFFA"

DaveyWanKenobi, Wu Tzu and Big Boss like this.
  2. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    cool idea
    but didnt snoke say that he witnessed the rise of the empire and it's destruction?

that would make her really old.

Wu Tzu likes this.
  3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Burn this thread? Because you personally don't like a theory? And what's up with the vague insults to certain people.

Snoke can be whatever Snoke wants to be. Right now, 'he' is just a hologram. The idea is, that Snoke (a nightsister, force witch) can project different appearances, to deceive people. In order to control the First Order, she appears as this threatening, ancient old dude, because that's who the First Order would follow. That's who Kylo Ren expects. That's it. Wizard of Oz style.

And it's a concept that's actually quite common in mythology and in Disney tales. The old witch who changes form to deceive the heroes. The old witch who appears kind and gentle to trick the princess into eating an apple. The witch who finally takes the form of a dragon.

You don't like the idea, fine. It's most likely not going to happen. But some of us are having fun theorizing different possibilities. If you want this thread burned, all that's left is Snoke = Plagueis threads.

4. JorakUln

JorakUln Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2005

Not necessarily. If you say that she is the Felicity Jones Character in Rogue One, that is right during the "Rise of the Empire" time frame which would put her at about the same age or a few years older than Luke, give or take. You can even "witness" the Empire rise as a kid :)

In other words, she wouldn't be any younger than Luke, which does make her somewhat old but not THAT old.

As far as the "Kaitlyn Jenner" comment, Shadojoker re-read the original post. The theory states that Snoke is just an image, a projection.

Anleifr and Shadojoker like this.
  5. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    My bad bruhs...Snoke being a projection of someone else is jumping the shark with a blindfold and sparklers. JJ and Serkis have given us a pretty good description of who he is...especially possible a former Imperial. He has been seen by others in the flesh not just the projection.

What the topic originator's point is Snoke is like these people (villains)..

Gozer (Ghostbusters 1 villain)
    [​IMG]

Or
    Abeloth (Star Wars Legends canon)

[​IMG]

Which we already are told..that Snoke is neither. He is not an apparition, spectral entity. Point made. Case dismissed. Thread closed (in essence).

DaveyWanKenobi and Big Boss like this.
  6. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    It's an interesting theory, but there are a few major facts that goes against it:

- First of all, Snoke being Rey's mother requires the character of Snoke to be a HUMAN. Serkis says that his character "has been through some stuff". While this could fit in your theory, it sounds more like a character that has lived before the PT era, and humans don't have that long lifespan. We already got 1000 year old Maz, so why not Snoke.

- Serkis says that Snoke is "a new character in this universe". While this could fit in your theory, it sounds more like a new type of alien race. Your theory is very much like Mara Jade, and I doubt Serkis would call a character similar to Mara Jade as "new in this universe". Even if she is only Rey's mother (therefore not being exactly like Mara Jade), it would destroy all the other hints of Rey being Luke's daughter.

- Serkis has signed on to the play the role, and I doubt he'd agree to play a role that completely vanishes by the end of Episode 8 and is then replaced by another actor.

7. Darth Jatar

Darth Jatar Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2015
    This is definitely true. I think Snoke will be revealed as the one who created Anakin. It would explain how Ben Solo was convinced to turn dark and why he still chooses the dark side despite knowing the Vader redeemed himself. Snoke is weak right now. He may be the supremely powerful being that created Anakin but maybe he was injured somehow and possibly almost killed. He can't take Luke and knows that he must train Ben because he has Anakin's blood and has the potential to one day destroy Luke while also getting to reap the benefits of his creation via Kylo Ren. Maybe Snoke's endgame is to put himself back into his prime and needs a body? This could be why he created Anakin in the first place.

8. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Snoke most likely won't be reveled till episode 9. I am sure we will learn more about Snoke in episode 8.

9. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    The Clone Wars is most definitely canon.

I'm not a fan of the "Rey...I am your mother" line at all.

Big Boss likes this.
  10. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    It's an interesting theory but I don't think it will happen.
    First, I don't think Luke will repeat the same mistake as Obi-Wan and Yoda ("it's unfortunate that I know the truth…") While he may attempt to shield her from certain things, I think he will side with being open and transparent. He already lost Ben Solo, he won't want to lose another apprentice. I also don't think they'll opt for a "Rey, I am your mother" twist. I do like the idea that Snoke is not what he appears and that the hologram might be like a Wizard of Oz veil. Snoke looking physically different from his projection would be a nice change.

Big Boss and DarkGingerJedi like this.
  11. Darth_Lilapso

Darth_Lilapso Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Rey is likely to become the Empress of the Second Galactic Empire after she falls to the Dark Side. But before that fate plays out she will give birth to a 'son-of-suns'. Yes this has happened before. The circle will be complete. History sort of repeats itself. Shmi gave birth to Anakin and then so many years later Rey gives birth to another boy via the Force. The question is will the same mistakes happen or will our characters be enlightened enough to avoid the mistakes.

12. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Seeing as how Rey's theme played in reverse is Vader's theme, with elements of Yoda's and The Force theme, I'd say, that might indicate she's the opposite of Anakin. She won't fall. History does repeat itself, but she's here to right wrongs this time. Where one skywalker fell, one will rise.

And full circle would indicate the that Republic is born again, with the Jedi becoming guardians of peace and justice, and going on trips in red ships at the behest of the Chancellor - as the saga opened with. Not that there would be another Empire.

13. JorakUln

May 23, 2005
    Someone needs to Photoshop Rey sitting on the throne from the last scene of "Chronicles of Riddick" XD

Can you imagine Rey having dispatched of Snoke and Kylo, sitting down disoriented, and suddenly a bunch of stormtroopers bow down like this to her amazement:

[​IMG]

14. JorakUln

May 23, 2005
    I like your theory, what if Snoke possesses Rey herself??

15. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    firstly, id like to state that its an interesting and creative theory.
    secondly, its very very unlikely to happen with what we know. Serkis is playing the character in VII and VIII so far. he is a male, his character looked and sounded male in TFA. Serkis and JJ have stated that HE is old enough to have seen events transpire from PT to OT and now, the ST. he is not a human. Kylo, Han, and Leia have likely seen him in the flesh (thats what is implied).
    thirdly (and this isnt toward the OP) im not sure why people are so caught up in answering the Anakin birth/creation question. thats not going to be touched with a ten foot pole. he was created via the Force. thats the answer. the Force struck back against Plagueis' and Sidious' dark side manipulations. thats the cause. the ST doesnt need to add to this, and i bet it certainly wont. theres a lot of moving pieces and it certainly does need to stand, and branch out onto its own feet after what a lot of people are criticizing TFA; that it was played too safe, and too much like ANH, which while i thought is fine for a new start and echoing OT elements, thats one criticism that seems to be popping up over and over. they now need to be original (or play with some ideas and make them unique), starting with the overarching big bad is a good place to start. we know he's 7 foot, hes a he, he uses a projector (like Sidious) and has seen events, is dangerous, yet strangely vulnerable, is old, and is the boss of the FO and Kylo Ren, he is force sensitive (completing Kylo's training) and has bigger plans than what was the Starkiller weapon/base. does this really match up with any sort of Anakin creation theory, or the OP's theory ? id say it doesnt, without some major retconning or deceptive/red herring/misdirection comments made by the powers that be/people behind the movies. he knows a lot on Vader; to the extent of being able to tell kylo about Vader's failure (redemption) in letting Luke in and 'searching his feelings' hence destroying the Emperor. so again, it doesnt seem to match up. THIS does sound a lot like a Mara Jade fan theory, except you obviously resisted in naming the Mum character. i guess its hard to not relate it to the EU story, since it does play on the dark sider, gone to light, to marry luke, have children with luke etc etc. but i just dont think theyre going to go that route with Snoke, at least.

OH and TCW is CANON. get up to date before spouting that nonsense, if youre on the board/forums, you should be aware of such basic information.

Anleifr likes this.
  16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Intriguing theory, but I'm gonna say I don't think it's true. It just seems abit of a stretch to me. Besides, when Andy Serkis was describing Snoke, I believe Andy was referring to Snoke as "he." I don't think that's deception.

Anyways, I hope this theory isn't true, as it would seem a bit too much for me to swallow...

17. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Interesting theory but.....

Nooooooooooooooo!

DaveyWanKenobi, Big Boss and Wu Tzu like this.
  18. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    It could have been interesting, but the theory has been utterly debunked: Pablo Hidalgo says Snoke is alive in the context of the story, and is not a holographic trick.

19. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    So here we have fans going spastic about how TFA is a remake of ANH and you guys like the idea of a downright copy of I am your father moment from ESB in the next movie? Worst idea ever. Never going to happen. That would be the corniest thing to ever come out of a SW movie. I am your mum lol...christ!!!!!

Big Boss likes this.
  20. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I just kind of hope Snoke is a random new bad guy without any ties to the former Sith. I'd also be okay with Rey being Rey Random, but it's likely she has some legendary heredity.

DaveyWanKenobi and Anleifr like this.
  21. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012

1. Well..I'm not going spastic that TFA resembles ANH. Whether you like it or not, the ST is going to pull the some of the same themes that older characters faced and failed or won against.
    2. I also wasn't thinking she'd have a "I'm your mother" moment. There would be a revelation, and it could be meant to sway Rey. But Mom is evil, she isn't getting redemption. She's the big bad witch/step mom from mythology that tries to kill the princess, kill the king, and take over the land.

It's probably not happening. But seriously, what's wrong with coming up with crazy theories. And Star Wars is filled with corn.

Anleifr likes this.
  22. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Just wanted to point out that this theory actually has parallels with another J.J. Abrams project--Alias.

In season 1, Sydney learns that her mother was really a KGB spy who married Syd's dad for intel. She also figures out that her mother must still be alive, and is working for her ex-KGB handler who now goes by the name "The Man".
    And then in a clever twist, we learn in the season 1 finale that "The Man" is not the ex-handler, but rather... Sydney's mother.

In some ways I always imagined their dynamic was inspired by Luke and Vader. Wouldn't surprise me if that reversal makes it into the SW:ST.

Obviously the direction for the rest of the trilogy is not in JJ's hands, but it's possible he introduced the idea. Cast Lena Olin in the part!

Edit: having said all this, while I think Snoke really being a woman using the hologram would be an interesting twist and, as OP said, cure the fact that he's currently a bland and derivative villain, an "I am your mother" literal parallel would be a bit much for me.

23. Chelsey

Chelsey Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2015
    Rian said that things were going to get "weird" in the second episode. I wonder if the "weird" has to do with her parents. Snoke may not be her mom, but what if her mom is working with Snoke? Either her mom was killed or she's the bad guy. I do think her being killed is more likely, but it would be an interesting twist to have her mom be evil.

Anleifr and DarkGingerJedi like this.
  24. DarthGeero

DarthGeero Jedi Padawan

Oct 18, 2015
    I'll admit I didn't finish reading the intro post because Snoke is your know...a male. And just no.

25. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    I'll admit, it always makes me chuckle when the people who hate a theory or think it's lame, admit to not even reading the theory in the first place.

The whole point of this theory, is that Snoke isn't ... a male. She's just making an illusion to trick everyone.

Anleifr likes this.