main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST THEORY - Snoke will be revealed in VIII as...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JorakUln, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Jedi_Master_Laker

Jedi_Master_Laker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 27, 2002
    I think Snoke is unisex. Everybody happy?

Big Boss likes this.
  2. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015

lol my reasoning is the same reasoning anyone else who can objectively look at the evidence and deem what is more likely to happen and what is less likely to happen. because of the lack of information on Snoke, the reveals and the relatively low screen time/back story etc in TFA, yes, it feasibly could eventuate. however, its not likely, which is all im saying. if you want to run with it, sure, go ahead. you seem to have taken offense, or i've hit a nerve, sorry for your sensitivity. I am only arguing that this entire theory is unlikely, including the female part, im not sure why you highlighted that, as that was something i mentioned simply because Serkis is a male, and your example (Vader) is false equivalence, because he was also a male, wore a suit distinctively highlighting he was in fact, a male (the voice, ala Snoke, with other eventual hints, with the big reveal of being a father, cementing it). and of course, the argument against Serkis (And any cast member comment for that matter) comes down to misdirection, when interestingly his comments actually line up, at the very least the majority of his descriptions do. AGAIN theres nothing wrong with theorizing, but please, take the evidence thats there or listen to the evidence being supplied and go with it with running theories, or, like you have done, admit its unlikely. at this point we are going to be arguing just how unlikely it is, which is just something im not interested in.

3. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013
    I think this theory asks too much from people at once. You need to people comfortable going from point A to B before jumping to Z aka Luke's wife and Rey's mom. First step is getting more people open to the idea the Snoke hologram is a Wizard of Oz.

One argument that could be made for it, I think, is all of the reveals. I was more surprised by the number of them than the reveals themselves. "Oh, the baddie already on screen? Oh, they let us know Han is Kylo's father quickly. Hi Luke. Man, that made the Luke-Rey connection seem pretty obvious." Making the hologram just be a hologram is something that would be a nice twist yet at the same time not make anybody's head spin.

Really, I think the issue isn't is it possible but rather who would it be that would make sense and not make our heads spin?

Lots of potential ideas from there aside from Snoke being the mother to theorize on but that one, it being Luke himself, and the others all seem to be pretty "weird".

(For example, personally I liked the point somebody raised about clones specifically being mentioned in the movie. The line could be a misdirection. But perhaps the reason Snoke has "seen the rise and fall of the Empire" is because Snoke is a clone of Anakin. That's why Vader's mask was retrieved and later given to Kylo. It's why Ben turned on Luke. It would explain why Snoke sees/knows ROTJ as a "moment of weakness". "I will finish what you started," Kylo speaks to Vader's mask, only Anakin's clone and Ben are doing it instead of Vader and Luke.)

4. ProfessorNutbudder

ProfessorNutbudder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 1, 2003
    Snoke does have some damage that looks pretty familiar. I wonder how he got the wounds Anakin had?
    Man......please no Vader clone

5. MasterDekan

MasterDekan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    Personally, I think Snoke is someone Sidious was in league with that decides to fill the void in his absence. Sidious never had any problems keeping back up plans.

And Rey? My own crazy theory is that she's not Luke's daughter at all, but instead a descendant of Palpatine. Not a Sith, but descendant of one, ditched on a remote planet to harden her up. She's mapped out to become a Jedi, but has a family history and intended destiny rooted in the dark side.

I mean she did appear to take a quick and easy path to Force mastery since touching that lightsaber.