main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST [ Theory ] What the Force Awakens is really about. The prophecy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Bob Arctor, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Arctor

Bob Arctor Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2017
    Hi everyone, just wanted to share my original theory with fans and maybe have a talk about it.
    I don't know Disney's plans, I just analyzed what there is in the movie when you think "outside the box".

Here is the theory.

The prequels were the journey of Anakin to Vader - The sequels are the journey of Vader to Anakin.

The main idea besides this theory is this line from A New Hope.

If You strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

This is the story of how Anakin Skywalker redeemed himself from Vader, how he overcame the darkness with the help of Luke during the OT and fullfilled the prophecy.

We're in Anakin's world like Pixar did with his cartoon Inside Out.

There are stories about what happened. It's true. All of it.

This will begin to make things right.

Because the point of the twist is that TFA is happening during the OT, there are many concomitting characters in ANH and TFA. To simplify the read, I will use the ST name on physical situations and the OT name in symbolic situations.

Here Lor San Tekka, an old man is giving the resistance the map to Skywalker. It will end in a droid.

Here we have the 3 parts who lead to Anakin Skywalker : The jedi / Obi Wan Kenobi ( LST ), The best pilot in the galaxy ( Poe ) and Artoo ( BB8 ). These are each of part of Anakin's past but for Anakin was almost destroyed, they don't even had a name no more, they're all new characters. Memories had been lost.

The scene takes place on Jakku which means EVIL in Japanese because at this moment in the OT, there's not much of an hope which will be represented by Luke's Skywalker absence in the movie. Hope has vanished from the galaxy.

The galaxy is in darkness like the very dark action scene is taking place.

Then comes Kylo Ren.
    [​IMG]

Kylo Ren lands on Jakku in a lot of noise, fire and fight. He emerges from the light of his ship and meet the darkness of Jakku. The scene is dark, burning. This is Hell, you can't go down no more. He meets with Lor San Tekka who is a piece of the map to Skywalker. The air release of the ship is mirroring Darth Vader's breathe, mechanical, from a machine.

Symbolic view :

Vader reached the summum of evil when he met Kenobi in the OT, the thing he thought about for so long, the goal of his anger is near, 19 years have passed since he didn't met his master. He can't wait to fullfilll his vengeance.

Look how old you become . ( Kenobi was a nice man the last time Vader saw him ).
    Something far worse has happened to you ( the dark side / The inhumanity )
    You know what I've come for ( kill you old creep and kill one of the last link to Anakin ).
    I know where you come from before you called yourself Kylo Ren ( The jedis, his real family, the light, Anakin, Brotherhood, Lord Vader ).
    The map to Skywalker you know you found it. ( You remember me of my old self I have to kill this )

And Vader killed Kenobi.
    [​IMG]

At that moment Poe shoots a Rey of Light but Vader deflected it. Not in my house Bro' !
    [​IMG]

Vader is pure darkness and leave the light there in Jakku after destroying it all without any mercy for anyone. The light then strikes ... Jakku.

Vader destroyed one link with Skywalker - The old man but he get the best pilot in the galaxy. His faith in the empire ( Finn ) has broken.

At this moment of the story, all the evil persons have an helmet, there is no more humanity in this. The game is over but as soon as Finn removes his helmet and get back his identity something strange happened. An awakening.

Then we discover Rey.

Before reaching the end of the tunnel through the emperor's room ( thanks to Ugnaught777 from Reddit for this ), Rey has no face. She's just the light besides the mask.

Who are you ? I'm noone.

Then when she reached the light, she now has a face, she breathes, she drinks, she looks like Padme and Shmi. The long lost Anakin's love.
    [​IMG]

Rey is love. Rey is the part of Love that was tied inside Vader.

2. Bob Arctor

Mar 31, 2017
    [​IMG]

BB8 leaving the village. So we have that poor little ball seeing the flames from far and acting like he loses his best buddy. Actually he did, Poe have been taken prisonner but this is not what it is really about.
    [​IMG]

Artoo saw Vader when he killed Kenobi. He didn't see him for 19 years. He saw the remaining of Anakin being burnt when Vader killed Obi Wan and he's heartbroken. His long time buddy didn't even recognize him. He has nowhere to go, he's lost but still the map to Skywalker.

It's important because it's mirroring Artoo's excitement in the end scene. See later.

Rey's getting into the light. Out of this destroyed spaceship.

She drinks. She breathes and you hear it loud. Anakin getting back is breathe is there at every major moment in the movie. There are not much characters in the history of cinema where you can watch a character only breathing at screen ...

This means memory coming back.

Slowly from the dark. A planet sand, An outpost, She's washing pieces, seeing her ghost in 50 years in front of her and seeing the sky as the life changer.
    [​IMG]

There's also a slaver. Rey has to work to eat, she ain't have freedom. She traded some old pieces for food . She gets back to home to eat this.

[​IMG]

There's a long lost resistance pilot there, he's dismantled, faceless, the flower is dead, she eats Jakku's food, all the memories are coming back but still clouded, she puts an old helmet on her head and she hear a droid. Sounds like an emergency for her.

[​IMG]

The droid is calling right after memory coming back ( a quarter portion of food ) AND Rey having a resistance space helmet on her head. Old fights. Notice once again the breathe after she hears the sound.

She finds it, he's a prisoner of evil forces of Jakku. All the inhabitants except Rey are evil where she leaves.
    Rey is showing, BB8 turns his head "Ani ???"
    She gets in out of the net.

BB8 tells her an information, she says shhh not wanna hear you yet.

They wanted to destroy you, they're evil
    Your antena is bent. ( You can't deliver the message like this ).
    Rey fix the droid ( ... )

Then Rey asks about BB8
    Classified really ? I can't tell you now who I am.
    Rey's answering she can't tell either.

Both identities are masked for a reason. The droid and The jedi have yet to be identified.

Rey has no clue who BB8 is, she sent him off.
    He insists.
    Nooo, I don't want to remember, I'm good here, I'm waiting for something else than you ( my real loved ones, my family ).
    BB8 insists.
    She says OK come on and ... welcome.

Poe is the best pilot of the galaxy. Kylo Ren is interrogating Poe, he wants to know about the droid.

Artoo is the memory of the long lost best pilot of the galaxy, Anakin Skywalker.

And to remember the droid Vader has to probe himself into his own resistance fighter carreer.

I had no idea we had the best pilot on the resistance aboard ( I didn't remember I was once the best pilot of the galaxy ).
    Comfortable ?
    Not really ...

This memory is tied like will be Rey next, Vader probes his own mind.

He remembered the droid, it's an emergency, get back the droid, he has the map to my love. Vader is in panic, he knows something terrible happened : an awakening.

But the pilot escaped ... The identity of the best pilot of the galaxy is gone and it will strike ... Jakku and switch jacket with Finn. Finn will get Poe's role in the resistance through the jacket.

Vader gives the mission to the empire to search for the droids as he did in ANH. They are on their way to a new hope.

Finn helps Poe to escape.

What it is about.

Finn is Vader's trust in the empire. I was raised to do one thing but I have nothing to fight for.

When Vader turned he was convinced that the imperial army will bring peace to the galaxy, it was his empire and his goal and now, that Republic memories have been called ( Poe's mind ), something in him slightly starts to doubt.

Finn and Poe are escaping and merging at the point of Poe disappear for Finn to become the fight for good and by the jacket, the resistance.

They're crashing on Jakku where Finn will meet the map to Skywalker and the awakening, this condition of three will make Anakin espaping Jakku the way he did from Tattoine ... Podracing because following the Poe's mindprobing the best pilot of the galaxy is now untied. He's not dismantled anymore and his face is back.

As I explained food is memory.

[​IMG]

When Plutt sees BB8, he by evil already knows the value of such memory in anakin's mind. He want it at any cost. She has to stay to Jakku and not to be released in the galaxy. The evil side would empeach that at all cost.

Rey instantly knew BB8 was far worth the deal, he's unvaluable, he's not to sell. He's bringing something so much more important.

Evil Jakku inhabitants get in charge of getting back the droid and Rey is going to meet Finn.

[​IMG]

The scene where Finn and Rey meets are the Inside Out of this.

3. Bob Arctor

Mar 31, 2017

For some reason, Vader at some point knew the droids were sold to a guy named ... Luke Skywalker.

Luke Skywalker ? I thought it was a myth ! Vader always thought his son died with Padme, he never knew he was born and now raised. It couldn't feel it right now but it ringed a bell in Rey's mind.

Now she has a reason to leave Jakku ( which is ground zero for the light side ) at least for a while.

Finn and Rey escaped from Jakku and now they both are someone.

At that point, the storygroup is introducing something that wasn't in the prequels but is highly likely. When he was young Anakin thought he had an imaginary dad ( for he never had one ). Anakin thought his dad was a space pilot, a smuggler and for he was always out he never had time to visit him.

This imaginary fatherly figure is played in the movie by Han Solo.

[​IMG]

In Rey's vision, she finally met him, she fixes his problems, they're good pals and he finally ended up offering her a job but she declined, I have to go back to Jakku ... I know you're not real and I have people I love that I have to wait on Jakku.

In Ben's vision, his father never came, he let him down and he was extremely bitter and angry about this.

Solo is introduced in both side of the stories at the same time.

This scene is very important and tricky.

This is Palps actually and how Vader felt in front of him. Like a kid. Like Anakin when he was 19.

The droid will be soon delivered to the resistance leading them to the last jedi, if Skywalker returnes, the new jedi will rise ...

How tricky is that.

The droid ( BB8 / Artoo ) is Anakin's memory and Anakin IS the last jedi. And Luke is the new jedi to be risen if Anakin Skywalker returns.

Then, we got the Inside Out OT with Alderaan

There has been an awakening, have you felt it ?

Yes.

Rey just flew off Jakku. The light Side of Vader isn't on ground zero anymore. Palps felt it, instantly that's the point of the droid sentence.

This scene is pointing out that the awakening is happening IN Kylo Ren, it's his own awakening that allowed Rey to get of Jakku.

This is the call to the light, he's speaking about in this scene.

Rey is Vader's awakening. Rey is Vader's love.

They reach Takodana which is ruled by an alien called Maz Kanata.

Maz Kanata is just a toy in Anakin's room on Tattoine.

[​IMG]

She's the central character of all the stories he thought about when he was a kid. The pirates, the jedis, his imaginary dad, a memory of innocence.

Anakin is the only character in the saga to know about Maz Kanata ( see the flags on her castle too who are related to mostly Anakin and Tattoine ), it's a strong asset that we're in his psyche.

4. Bob Arctor

Mar 31, 2017

[​IMG]

Rey is eating a fruit before she has more memories to come in the Forceback vision. ( See the Jakku part and eating ).

Rey loses her friend, she's sad and soon Rey is hearing voices. No come back ... And BB8 seems to hear it too.

Memories coming back and not good ones but there is more, somewhere, elsewhere, a young boy is given his father's lightsaber.

In the scene of Rey's vision, you get fooled by the sound. You hear the lightsaber igniting but not on screen, the igniting is Luke's one. By igniting with lightsaber who was silent since Mustafar, Luke is bringing back memories in the Force and that's what Rey is going to see but since she doesn't remember still her identity this is clouded by mystery.

Back at the Force Vision.

First we hear Vader breath then Bespin , then Mustafar and the last time Anakin acknowledged Artoo before Anakin became Vader and Artoo became the droid.

Then we see the first things Vader did as a Sith, the jedi temple massacre and the bank cartel massacre, Vader is born, Anakin is almost destroyed. Vader leaves Anakin on Jakku with no memories, helpless, being abducted by the evil people of Jakku ( Plutt ).
    Then Vader is leaving into Darkness and then she sees her next meeting on this StarKiller thing.

StarKiller and Bespin are the two places, Vader will have to make a decision that will change the fate of the galaxy ( see later ). It will be the very fights in Anakin's mind between Rey and Kylo Ren.

Edit : I think that it is in this vision that the droid is identified. I have to think about it.

I'll get back to Maz's speech later.
    [​IMG]

I should have said earlier that everytime, Rey is afraid or angry, the first order is coming. It happened on Jakku when she mauled with the thugs and hitted Finn with her stick, the first order was there, the next shot.

[​IMG]

It happened again in Takodana. As soon as Rey is running out shocked by what she just saw, the first order arrives.

The time she gets back, Maz'castle is almost destroyed and then Rey gets mad for the first time.

Guess who's coming from nowhere ? Look how the arrival of the ship is filmed.

Her dark side, Kylo Ren.

Anakin is getting mad, Vader is coming.
    [​IMG]

She shoots, she kills, she runs, all dark side feelings so strong that they finally met.

5. Bob Arctor

Mar 31, 2017
    Rey is helpless in front of him, he abducted her, like he did before he exiled her on Jakku.

Rey's tied. In a certain manner, she's back on Jakku unless she remembers. Vader's anger emprisoned her once again. Her own anger.

Where am I ?
    You're my guest. ( Anakin's was Vader's guest for a long time and Vader was Anakin's guest too ).

Where are the others ? ( The jedi )
    You mean the murderers, traitors and thieves you call friends ? ( Vader felt betrayed by the jedis who for him are evil ).

Surprisingly, Kylo Ren gets off his mask, Rey's surprised. ( You're ... still there ? You're not completely a machine ? )

It's an inner dialogue as it was with Poe. Everytime, there's a torture sequence, it's Vader's introspection.

This is the point of the threat of Kylo Ren going deeper in Rey's mind. He's finding Anakin and he's scared of what he sees.

This is the time to note how old are the characters.

Kylo Ren is 31 and Rey is 19. What does that means in our story ?

31 years ago, Anakin left Tattoine and as soon as he left Tattoine, he had a silent fear inside him of losing his mother. It was the first appearance of Vader in Anakin's mind.

19 years ago, a young jedi names Anakin Skywalker felt to the darkside and became Darth Vader. Almost destroying Anakin and leaving him on Jakku as Rey with no memory, nothing to rely on.

Vader is asking himself about that droid ... Where is it ? He's surprised the droid allowed Rey to see it.

Note : In this identity game, Rey has the light part of Anakin's life ( Artoo ) and Kylo Ren has the dark part ( the archives of the empire ). While those two weren't connected, there's no path to either hope or dark.

You imagine an ocean, I see it.
    [​IMG]

As shown before, Vader and Anakin had some common life time. 12 years. From Tattoine to Mustafar.

I think the ocean is Naboo and this is that memory

[​IMG]

They both have this memory and it's unforgettable for both of them. The island could be their future meeting on Acht-To because they will meet there for sure in ep VIII.

The droid is there. The map to Skywalker.

Vader is mind probing himslef and the only thing he could find is that lightside, this awakening in him ( That you won't be strong as Darth Vader ... Vader was the guy who landed on Jakku before the awakening. )

And Anakin is trapped again. He's there and Vader knows it but he's tied and nothing can save him this time ...

[​IMG]

But it happens something unexpected.

Somebody for the first time for a long long time used the Force.

4 times.

Rey felt it. See the scene, she hears that sound ( kind of wave ) and then use it. Unable to know what it is, but feeling what she have to use it. From guts.

I would like to point out that Disney are great story tellers, they wouldn't have let such a nonsense scene if it wasn't right on and important for the plot.

Rey escapes once again.

Anakin trying to escape Vader, Vader is running after Anakin.

Then we have Starkiller.

Oh another Death Star ? Indeed.

Another trench ? Indeed.

The resistance is protecting Luke a bit. The droid is there. And Luke used the Force.

Back to StarKiller.

6. Bob Arctor

Mar 31, 2017
    The lightsaber is the decision maker. The ability to decide. Kylo Ren tries to take control back but this time the saber goes to Rey. Anakin for the first time since Vader fall will be able to fight the decision to Vader.

We are in the trenches of the Death Star and Vader is chasing Luke at this very moment.

Unexpectedly, Vader struggles, he hesitates, and has an inside battle.

Look at how the fight is done, from trench to trench, until the planet starting to collapse and it became a real trench.

That's on this trench that there are the lines.
    [​IMG]

The Force is strong with this one ... Vader struggles. You need a teacher, I can show you the way to the Force !

He's not speaking to Rey ... He's speaking to Luke.

[​IMG]

And there is this moment.

And this is that :

Rey is feeling the Force from Luke. Listen to the breath ( Akanin getting back his breathe ... ).
    The line isn't the Force ??? but the Force !!!!!!!

She's feeling the Force, it's so good, the same she felt with the Mind Tricks but now she remembers. She acknowledged the jedi part of Anakin. One more piece complete after the best pilot of the galaxy.

And Anakin took the lead in the trench over Vader. The moment is clear with both Rey and Kylo's saber in each other's eye. This is a decision.
    Rey kicked Kylo Ren ass. Of course she did, she's Anakin and she's no joke with a lightsaber.

Kylo Ren is disarmed, he's not more in charge of the decision, Anakin decided and he didn't shoot at Luke.

StarKille becomes a real trench.

The Deathstar explodes. A new hope has come to the galaxy.

Note : In this battle, Anakin saw Artoo, the droid has now a name, the map to Skywalker is complete. The droid, The pilot and the jedi have been identified.

BB8 can give the torch to Artoo and be Artoo again.

Rey acknowledged the three parts ; The droid, The jedi, The pilot. She begins to know who she is. Things are shaping better but she needs helps, she needs to find BACK Luke ( Luke was a thing in his life before he was born ).

The one who she was waiting on Jakku will never coming back ( Padme ) but Luke could.

There's a lot about that scene which is absolutely awesome and I can understand Abrams's emotion doing this.

We're on Acht-To ( Brother ), which is important considering our plot start and Kenobi's death. If you strike me down ... But Kenobi said too once, you were my brother Anakin, I loved you ... And Kenobi as a true jedi sacrficed himself to redeem his brother.

First we have the ocean, this beautiful place in Rey's world. Then the steps ... Thousand of steps.

At first, she's afraid. She turns back and who's cheering ? Artoo. It's mirroring BB8 escaping the village losing his buddy. Now, he's back. You can do it Bro' ! Go on !

Then it's the climb where Rey is getting back her breathe ... getting back her true self.

From the wrecks of Jakku, it's been a long way, on long journey, in Anakin's mind, this is almost heaven, an island on the ocean. She knows hope is there, right up, she saw it a long long time ago as a truth inside.

She meets with Luke holding him her saber and asks for Luke :
    Please Luke, tell me how this is to be a jedi again ... Show me the way to the light, to the redemption

[​IMG]

But ... Rey is coming from Hell, this place for her is like heaven but not everybody is coming from Hell.

Luke is on Dagobah. In the cave.

For Rey as to climb thousand of steps, Luke had to go down a bit. and for him, it's pure darkness and there from nowhere he saw Vader for the first time.
    He doesn't know it is Vader who found him and it was a call to help, a plee to the galaxy.

Luke show me the way back to the light !
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Through love you can do everything. Anakin Skywalker.

I hope you liked it.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Bob Arctor you need to familiarize yourself with the forum rules, before posting further. Stacking multiple posts in a row, like you did here, is heavily frowned upon. It's considered spamming. As for your thread, the mods are discussing it's future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.