main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST There has been an awakening... What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Anakin's Daddy, Dec 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    I....mmm...loss for words...Luke being weak in the force? Anakin's force ghost playing both sides? I know we have next to no info on the plot but aren't there SOME things we can assume are and more importantly AREN'T going to be in the film?

2. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    Boo...Boo city councilman...just boo lol

3. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    I don't see the whole no force sensitives being born to turn out to be true...Also still really unsure about the prophecy too...just my opinion though...

4. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    The notion of many new, confused Force user seems logical to me. But something tells me Serkis is actually flahback or holocron, describing when the Force first emerged thousands of years ago. And it will correlate to today somehow.

I know, I know: "SW doesn't do flashbacks." Well, JJ Abrams does.

5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    hartman89 Ease up with the triple posts there, use your edit button. Multiple posts in a row are considered spam.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    After ROTJ Luke is the last Jedi. His destiny is to pass on his knowledge of the force. If Luke is hiding, captive, or just refuses to train new Jedi maybe, the force uses other people to compel him to do so. In the OT the jedi and sith are just a myth. As more time passes they are no longer even spoke of and the jedi returning will not be accepted by most people. The Jedi will probably be blamed for the fall of the republic and the current state of the republic. The only way to put Luke back on the path to his destiny is to wake up people who do not believe in the force. When these people wake up the light and the dark will be drawn to Luke. Luke will feel this disturbance/awakening and he will have to get involved. Finn/Rey will go searching for Luke, The dark side awakening will send agents of evil to destroy Luke and the Jedi forever.

Dra--- and Palpatine's P.A. like this.
  7. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    I didnt triple post there were 3 or 4 posts between them that I guess got removed for some reason. Im trying to remember exactly what they said, because unless i had a stroke i dont think i just kept replying to myself...i guess there was a chance i was posting in the wrong thread but then how would i know what to put without reading whats above me...

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    There has been another awakening...

Lucas is no longer in charge to ruin Star Wars.

9. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    OK you should praise Lucas. This forum would not exist and we would not have a movie saga to discuss. Love it or Hate it one person does not make a movie.

10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    We don't delete posts, so what is there is what was there.
    I think maybe what happened was you were on a middle page, say page two of 4 and replied to the last post because there is a reply field at the bottom of every page. You then went to the next page and did the same thing, but because no one actually posted between you it made you post three times in a row. It happens sometimes, but to make sure it doesn't, make sure what you are replying to is on the actual last page or you use the 'reply' button which quotes that person. (You can quote more than one person per post).

11. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    Sorry I was doing something for a minute and didn't see your reply and I realized MY mistake...It won't happen again now that I know what I was doing...sorry about the spam...I will chastise myself accordingly...just popped in green lantern with director's commentary...

SkywalkerOG and Jerome83 like this.
  12. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Wow, really? makingstarwars.net is a legit source, so I'm excited to hear that. I was hoping for Plagueis to be in The Force Awakens but it seemed pretty unrealistic. It would be kind of strange name-dropping him in Revenge of the Sith for nothing though.

It would make an interesting story if Plagueis had actually created Anakin using midichlorians as he knew that Sidious would plot to kill him (just like every other Sith apprentice before them). Only thing that Sidious didn't know, was that Plagueis had developed the ability to become immortal, or to revive himself from death. Anakin was the Chosen One, and the only way Plagueis could stop Sidious, was by creating Anakin to fulfill the prophecy and destroy the Sith.

Sometime during those 30 years after Return of the Jedi, Luke goes into isolation in Dagobah (maybe as a result of his wife being killed or the Empire taking over again) and so there's no powerful force-users left. The only man who can bring back the Sith and contradict the prophecy, is the man who created the Chosen One, Darth Plagueis. Once Plagueis returns and Luke comes out of hiding, the force has awakened. "The dark side and the light."

Dra--- likes this.
  13. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    hmmm... according to the Bridger Theory, the most likely character that Serkis could play is The Inquisitor. That would make sense to the theory.

14. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    So far I'd say Rebels has gotten a lot of attention and praise from people looking forward to TFA...

15. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm hoping The Inquisitor is long dead by the time of TFA.

16. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    It means this:

Dra--- likes this.
  17. Haruss

Haruss Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2014
    Let's hope not. One of the main problems of storytelling & writing in the prequels was relying on companion material to fill in characters' depth, motivations, explain major plot points that should've been explained in the movies themselves etc

18. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    It means the Empire and the Republic are trying to do what they can to get all of the new Jedi Knights on their side to break the stalemate in the Galactic Cold War.

19. beavermatic

beavermatic Jedi Master

Jun 21, 2005
    Kylo Ren is a crazed mad man hell bent on resurrecting the Sith. He knows the basics of the Sith ways by studying obsessively, and feels he (along with the assistance of another) can take control of the rebellion and empire. Once he does, he'll kill the other individual (or so he thinks) to be lone ruler. His sabre is a general giveaway that he's "still trying to learn the ropes of attempting to be a sith."... it's built kind of crummy, and he fears his skills arent quite top notch to not lose a hand, hence the cross guard. He's kind of a wannabe-sith noob. What he doesn't know is he's been duped. Unbeknownst to him, Ren is just a apprentice to a shadow sith lord as powerful as palpatine once was (serkis character), who will ultimately kill Ren once he completes all his dirty work for him, as this sith villain has been subliminally controlling and influencing Ren all along.

call it a "lucky" guess.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    One of the most amazing items I have come across this BB this past several months is a post by Darkcide that stands out like crazy.

Darkcide mentions a small part in the 3rd draft of the original Star Wars script that I can't help think may give some insight into The Force Awakens.

Of course I tracked down the script and took a screen shot,
    Attached: 3rd Revision Star Wars Script 1975.

[​IMG]

Given the enormity of what we have seen so far and the clear cut direction J.J. has made pulling from the early Star Wars concepts, could this scene be a revelation into what "The Force Awakens" might mean?

21. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Thanks for posting this! It's from my thread called "The Kaiburr crystal in Ep. VII."

TK327 and Dra--- like this.
  22. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I mainly agree with this, but what about from another perspective... If you think about it, Luke was the only remaining Jedi in ROTJ, and no matter how strong the force flows through him...it would still be a quiet tremor in an endless pool. The force being awakened could point towards the fact that the Jedi Order is finally getting passed it's rebuilding phase on Yavin IV. Suddenly, there's more force users and the force is becomming loud again.

Just a thought, but I'm pretty sure that J.J is aiming towards the darkside and Sith revealing themselves once more.

hartman89 likes this.
  23. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    Wasn't there a comic strip that illustrated that dialogue too? With someone other than Vader?

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I say the force is being fond by new people good and evil.

25. DAVIDUGLY

DAVIDUGLY Jedi Padawan

Jan 11, 2015
    OK, here is a take from an owner / creator of a brand and veteran of the licensing world...

Perhaps The Force Awakens means "Star Wars Is Back".

This is Disney's chance to finally pull in new fans from mainland China and India.

You and I are going regardless.
    If you're in the USA or Japan, you're going.
    UK? Going.
    France? Going!

China? Really important to Disney that everyone goes. I assume.

Korea?
    Hmmm... Star Wars?
    What's "cool" in Seoul is often then thought of as "cool" in China,
    so while Korea is technically a small market,
    I am sure Disney is well aware that in Korea they
    need to go from Star Wars being a brand (almost) nobody
    cares about to being a cultural staple with this movie?

I personally think this first movie will be a really fun ride for everyone,
    with no need of prior knowledge of any Star Wars factoid going in...
    with a few fan details sprinkled in but not important to follow,
    like how the Marvel stuff goes over my head but makes hard core fans smile.

So it Force Awakens maybe means Star Wars is back?
    Maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.