main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST There has been an awakening... What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Anakin's Daddy, Dec 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaucySarlaac

SaucySarlaac Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    IMO the "awakening" refers to Finn (the light side) and Kylo (the dark).
    I think that the force sensitives in the galaxy are awakening and Serkis' Uber is a ancient Sith in spirit form that is gaining strength of sorts as per the rumour that he is a corpse like zombie.

kip73 likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree and others like them.

3. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I agree that these two characters might be among the first to experience an awakening, but I think it will be a lot bigger than something that only affects them. I'm also not sure if Serkis is a Sith. Maybe the next trailer will shed some light on this.

4. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I hope "The awakening" refers to Luke, and the Jedi apprentices he trained(including Rey) before he went into hiding, reimerging to fight along side Luke. :D

5. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Some of TCW is interesting and some of it goes more outward and begins to seem more like EU tales. Darth Maul,returning as literally half the man he used to be,cheapens him and makes his death in TPM meaningless. I mean,have enough respect for a character like that to give him a decent demise!

SLASHAXL likes this.
  6. kip73

Mar 30, 2003
    Why are some folks referring to Serkis as Uber? Not being a smart alec, just wonderin'

7. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    According to Star Wars Underworld's source that is the set name for Serkis's character (Uber).

8. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    So what's the point of Anakin's sacrifice, if the evil is back? Unless the evil, that now returns is not even close to be able to amass such power and control, that Palpatine could. But why does there always have to be strong dark side? Cannot Galaxy live one century without sociopaths? Meh, so Luke didn't establish a new Jedi order?

9. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    I would assume Anakin's.. actually, rather, wait-a-minute... DARTH VADER's sacrifice may have been a catalyst for something. What if the prophecy really means something getting switched on?

SLASHAXL likes this.
  10. Good_News_Nobody

Apr 4, 2011
    I think the problem was in that the rule of two philosophy had become so successful, that mere master and his apprentice, both students of the dark side of the force, had amassed such strength, power and control over the galaxy from the shadows, that this entity itself had become a huge unbalance to the Force. It doesn't matter, whether it's an order of the Sith or many different groups of darksiders, their existence is unbalance. The deliberate "evil", that uses Force strictly to pervert, cripple, cause pain, is unbalance to the Force. All Jedi and not a single Sith combination is not unbalance, because the Jedi only study the Force and use it for "greater good". The Force can probably take some unbalance, but the more comprehensive the evil with Force as his weapon has become, the greater the unbalance. Thus Palpatine was indeed a wound in the Force, that even the Jedi order couldn't defeat.

So only 30 years after the fall of probably the most cunning and evil man in the galactic history, whose fall (and subsequently the fall of his rule of two philosophy) was the long awaited balance to the force, the return of a new evil Force-wielding entity of a Galactic scale is a bit contradictory. Did so many die, just to have a galactic peace for just 3 lousy decades? This new enemy has to be of different kind. It mustn't threaten the political peace or destiny of the whole galaxy or create another unbalance. It has to be a threat of more personal level of a certain group of people (the protagonists), or at most to a small sector of the galaxy.

SLASHAXL likes this.
  11. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    I was referring more to the Force itself, rather than it's disciples. Whatever side they lie on.

12. Good_News_Nobody

Apr 4, 2011
    The Force without schmucks perverting it can do just fine. It is the Force sensitives, that tear holes in it, cause massive unbalances by using it for unnatural corruption. In nature everything is in balance, so is probably in the Force. Only human can break the balance of nature by changing a river bed, for example. So do the talented, who can wield the Force.

13. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014

Then why the Prophecy in the first place, if the force can do just fine.

14. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Man prophecy gets so much attention. I think it has been fulfilled, but again I hope they add a throwaway line just to confirm such...

15. SLASHAXL

SLASHAXL Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2005

The Prophecy was just a recorded vision by a Jedi of the future, most likely to give the order a heads up that somebody will be conceived by the Force that will eventually bring balance to it.
    Maybe it was the force's will for this to be recorded, so that one day this would information would Ignite the "Chosen one" spark in Qui Gonn's mind, after hearing Force strong Anakin was conceived without a father.

16. SLASHAXL

Dec 25, 2005

Yeah i reckon it has been fulfilled, and I think this balance has now sparked a change in the nature of the force.........The Awakening.

17. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    Could the Force ever be sleeping?
    No, the Force is life itself and never sleeps.

So that only leaves the Force Awakens... something else. Well usually when referring to something being awoken, its usually in regards to a person. So the Force Awakens who?
    Well the light side has been living ok through Luke but we know the Sith are gone with Papa Palpatine and The Asthmatic light bright being destroyed.
    So if anything was awoken it would have to be the Dark Side.
    So the question is, who is the Dark Side person that the Force Awakened? and did the Force do it on its own or was it manipulated into doing so?

That's my take on it.

SLASHAXL likes this.
  18. SLASHAXL

Dec 25, 2005

Your theory is as good as any other I heard.

19. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Force doesn't sleep, just takes cat naps. Cats are real upset. They want their naps back :p ...

20. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014

These are facts.

21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    As I said before, the Force has been "reset" by Anakin and is beginning awaken sensitives, who develop stronger connections to the Force (similar to the Old Republic era)

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. Good_News_Nobody

Apr 4, 2011
    Please, God, I hope this isn't true!

I hope it's just speculation...

One is born force sensitive. The question is whether someone helps the force sensitives to understand the "gift" or not. Some probably don't even know they are able to use the force, whereas some figure it out themselves. This kind of "awakening" would ruin the idea of the force.

23. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Perhaps it's a Sith who's awakening,literally. From a millennium of sleep. To conquer the galaxy forevermore!

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. kip73

Mar 30, 2003
    Ah ok, kinda like how Ridley was referred to as Kira before we found out that her name is Rey.

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Clever title, a bit like...Attack of the Clones...(but don't worry they are the good guys...for now).

How about...The Dark Side of the Force Awakens something truly terrible when Luke uses it to resurrect someone dear to him?

Darth Archimage likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.