Saga There is Good in Him - Qui-Gon and Padme vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Title: There is Good in Him
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Padme, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Timeframe: Post ROTS
    Summary: A Jedi Master waits in the afterlife for the one he is meant to guide.
    Notes. A completely odd plot bunny.

There is Good in Him

?I knew you would be arriving,? he said gently as he took her hands in his own.

She still looked a bit confused. ?It wasn?t my time. I gave up too soon,? she said. ?Was it really time for me to die??

He nodded and pulled her into his affectionate embrace. ?Yes, it was. But do not be afraid,? he told her as he simply held her. ?Here is a much better place.?

?But my children?? she began.

?The Force will protect them, I promise you.?

Her shoulders slumped in relief. ?They will be safe?? She asked, pleading for reassurance. ?You are sure??

Qui-Gon smiled, meeting her gaze. ?I promise.?

?I didn?t want to leave them,? she said softly.

?I know; but they are with those who will love them. They will protect them.?

She pulled away from his arms and put some space between them. ?And Anakin? What is his fate??

For the first time, Qui-Gon hesitated. ?He still faces a time of decision,? he said reluctantly. ?His destiny is not yet settled.?

She absorbed the words calmly. ?Then there is hope,? she finally said.

?There is hope,? he agreed. ?There is always hope.?

?Why did this happen??

?Because it was his destiny,? he said. ?And yours - made so by your choices.?

?If I had not loved him? If I had not married him,? she said, ?Would this still have happened.?

?Anakin was fated to choose between the light and the dark, that had nothing to do with your love,? he said gently.

Padme?s shoulders slumped. ?He? He is dark now, isn?t he??

?Anakin can see only shadows; he turns away from the Light because he is afraid of what it might show him,? Qui-Gon said quietly.

?If only-?

Qui-Gon cut off her words with a gentle finger to her lips. ?You are not responsible for Anakin?s decisions,? he murmured. ?Only he could choose his path.?

?But if I?d loved him more,? she said in an agonized whisper. ?Or maybe less, I don?t know.?

The Jedi Master took her hand. ?You did your best, Padme Amidala, but we cannot save anyone but ourselves in the end.?

A single tear traced its way down her pale cheek. ?I didn?t think I?d still be able to cry after??

?You are not done with the galaxy down there,? he said gently. ?So you will mourn and laugh here, until you move on.?

?Move on?? Her curiosity was clear.

?This is not all there,? Qui-Gon replied. ?There is much more, waiting, beyond where we are now. Beyond all trouble and heartache,? he said quietly, brushing back her hair as her father had done when she was a little girl. ?When you are ready, you will move on.?

?When will that be??

?It is different for everyone,? Qui-Gon answered. ?Only you can choose when the time is right.?

Padme grabbed his hand and squeezed it with her own. ?There is still good in him, Master Jinn,? she said urgently.

Smiling, he returned the pressure. ?Yes, I know.?

?Our children, they can save him,? she said quietly, firmly.

?Yes, if he lets them.?

Her eyes met his, a soft smile lit up her face. ?He will open his heart to them when the time is right,? Padme replied. ?There is something left of Anakin in him, I know there is.?

Qui-Gon put his hands on her shoulders. ?He faces a long and difficult path, Padme.?

She turned away, but not before he saw the tears shimmering in her eyes. ?I wish I could have saved him.?

?He was not yours to save,? Qui-Gon assured her.

?But he was mine to lose,? she said bitterly. ?And I lost him to the darkness??

?Remember how much he loved you,? Qui-Gon murmured as he pulled her into a fatherly embrace.

At last the dam broke and her sobs wracked her body as she clutched at his tunics. ?He sold his soul to save me,? she gasped.

?He sold his soul because he let his fear claim him,? Qui-Gon whispered. ?He fears more than he loves, Padme, and that is his failing.?

She pulled a
  2. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

That's an unusual pairing -- but I"m so very glad I read it -- you handled both Padme and Qui-Gon so wonderfully!

Beautiful mush -- even if it was an odd bunny ;)
  3. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    OW. That made my heart hurt.
  4. Gina Force Ghost

star 4
    Awww!! :_| Beautiful, K! =D= =D=

5. Elana Force Ghost

star 2
    Oh, lovely. If anyone could keep faith that someday Anakin would return, it's those two.
  6. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh lovely! Wonderful! [face_love] That was so sweet! And she did. Oh so loved that!

Excellent work! Once again you shine thru your writings! :D
  7. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Great vig! I love how Qui-Gon had to reason with Padme. I can picture it now.
  8. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    that was so sweet[face_love] i just loved the vignette.=D=
  9. Anakins_Force Jedi Master

star 4
    ?He fears more than he loves, Padme, and that is his failing.?

:_|Another beautiful vig! She's going to stay in limbo until he returns to her!
  10. Wyn-Fel Jedi Knight

star 1
    *sniff* that was sooo sad:_|. that kind of writing is what makes this site so great.=D=
  11. jpauln Force Ghost

star 3
    Wow, that gave me chills. I can't help but ache for Padme. Her unwavering faith in Anakin is both compelling and tragic. She will experience much pain while she waits; though in the end it will be worth it as she is proven right. I only wish she could have appeared to Luke with Anakin, Obi and Yoda.
  12. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That was beautiful. I love how Padme did not give up on Anakin in spite of what he'd done @};- @};-

Masterful writing as always =D= =D= =D= =D=

13. TNPredsFan Force Ghost

star 4
    I will wait for him.

:_| My goodness, that was heart-wrenching. :_|

Beautiful! =D=
  14. Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, mine too. Lovely viggie. I absolutely adore post-RotS Qui-Gon.
  15. ISenseAPlot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Conceptually, this is near genius. Qui gon and Padme having an after-life conversation.

I especially loved the bittersweet ending of this story. The hopeless romantic in me, loed the idea of her waiting for him on the other side. Good job.
  16. Jedikma Force Ghost

star 4
    This was lovely, VL!!! I enjoyed evey word of it. [face_love]
  17. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    I loved it!

Qui-Gon is so very wise- still in spite of this and without the Force in some things Padme can see more clearly. :)

Good job!
  18. Y2K2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think you are the best at creating angsty viggies, vader. 10/10, qui gon made some really good points. good analogies, too. like this: "At last the dam broke and her sobs wracked her body as she clutched at his tunics."

=D=
  19. corellian-jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    *sniffles*

That was beautiful. The ending was especially moving.

=D=
  20. wendynat Jedi Knight

star 3
    Absolutely beautiful!! I so loved Qui-Gon, and you wrote him perfectly (and Padme, too, of course :D ). Loved it, particularly the setting and theme - and the end, the way you mixed the hope with warning, was beautiful.
  21. Tael Jedi Knight

That was so sweet. It really showed Padme's fear of what was going on, and Qui-Gon as Anakin's watcher, even after death. Very very sweet fic. [face_love]
  22. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    Qui-Gon as Anakin's watcherthis leaves me an enormous doubt.if qui gonhad find a way to comunicate to yoda...[face_thinking]..then wt*:mad: :mad: :mad: [face_frustrated] didnt he tell yoda about what was palps up to with the repoublic,or that he was trying to turn anakin,from this POV qui gon is the biggest idiot ever.

EDIT: Sorry, we can't use the letter after E with W and T. ;):)
  23. Delalyra Jedi Knight

star 1
    *cries* That was beautiful!
  24. TorontoJediMaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Very nice vignette.

IMO, this could be expanded into a full story. It could be Padme and Qui-Gon as they observe the happenings of the people they care about from their precent vantage point. As well, they'd likely have some very interesting conversations about any number of topics. I sort of see them becoming close friends as they wait for Anakin's destiny to play itself out.
  25. Princess_Arulmozhi Force Ghost

star 4
    Wonderful, wonderful, Vadey. Loved Qui-Gon, and Padme, wondering about Anakin's plight. Beautiful.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.