main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

There is no Dark Side, there is no Light Side; There is only the Force.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by YV_Tsavong_Lah, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YV_Tsavong_Lah

YV_Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    Hey all, check this out. I was reading the new book in the New Jedi Order series. Jacen has been captured by the Yuuzhan Vong, and is being trained to become a Vong. The Jedi Vergere, who has been living with the Yuuzhan Vong since before the fall of the Republic, and Jacen escaped the Yuuzhan Vong and were hiding in the depths of Yuuzhan Tar. The Yuuzhan Vong have been forming Coruscant and have renamed it after the Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld - Yuuzhan Tar. Anyway, Jacen and Vergere have traveled down into a nexus of the Dark Side, which is under the Jedi Temple. Jacen has been turning slowly to the Dark Side, and has just zapped Vergere with force lightning. Heres a couple paragraphs.

'The Dark Side?'
    'Its, its too strong for me here, Vergere. I warned you. I warned you it could happen.'
    She raised her hand once more, reaching for his leg; he hastily took a step backward, avoiding her touch, and she let her hand fall limp to the floor. 'You see .... but you do not see. Jacen .... why would the Jedi Council .... build its temple upon a nexus .... of the dark side?'
    'Vergere, I-' He shook his head helplessly. 'I have to go. I have to go before .... before I-' Hurt you again, he finished silently. He couldnt say it out loud, not here. 'I dont have time for guessing games.'
    'No guessing. The answer is .... simple. They wouldnt.'
    He went very, very still. 'What do you mean? I can feel the dark side here. I touched the dark side, and it, and it, it touched me!'
    'No. What you feel is the Force.' Slowly, painfully, she lifted herself onto here elbows, and she met his blankly astonished stare. 'This is the shameful secret of the Jedi: There is no dark side.'
    How could she lie there with smoke still rising from the shreds of her clothing, and still expect me to believe this? 'Vergere, I know better. What do you think just happened here?'
    'The Force is one, Jacen Solo. The Force is everything, and everything is the Force. I have told you already, the Force doesnt take sides. The Force doesnt even have sides.'
    Thats not true! It isnt! This was another one of her lies. It had to be. If it wasnt-
    He couldnt let himself think that. He shook his head hard enough to make his ears ring. 'Its a lie!'
    'No, search your feelings. You know this to be true. The force is one.'
    But he could feel the dark side: he was drowning in it.
    'Light and dark are no more than nomenclature: words that describe how little we understand.' She seemed to draw strength from her weakness, slowly managing to sit up. 'What you call the dark side is the raw, unrestrained Force itself: you call the dark side what you find when you give yourself over wholly to the Force. To be a Jedi is to control your passion - but Jedi control limits your power. Greatness - true greatness of any kind requires the surrender of control. Passion that is guided, not walled away. Leave your limits behind.'
    'But - but the dark side!'
    She rose, her smoldering garments wreathing her in coils of smoke. 'If your surrender leads to slaughter, that is not because the Force has darkness in it, but you do.'
    'Me? No no, you dont understand - the dark side, its, its, dont you see it? Its the dark side!' He insisted desperately, hopelessly. There were no words for the truth inside him; nor were there words for the horror that rolled inside him, because he could feel the force again.
    He could feel that she was right.
    But that would make me - does make me- His knees buckled, and he staggered to maintain his balance, stumbling, reaching for the wall, something stone, anything solid, anything certain, anything that he could lean on that wouldnt become smoke and mist and let him fall forever. He whispered, 'The dark side?'
    She paced toward him, relentless, inexorable. 'The only dark side you need fear, Jacen Solo, is the one inside your own heart.'
    And in her eyes, he found that certainty, that solidity: the permanent, immutable truth he had hoped would keep him upright. They say the truth hurts.... A gasp of hysteric laughter bubbled from his lips. They have no idea.

So you see,

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    From a certain point of view.

3. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Tsavong,

The New EU Empire offers you the chance to join it. Membership is as simple as appointing a Governor and Aide. The Governor answers to the Moff of his/her sector, in your case myself. Please consider our offer, and either reply here, PM me, or post in the Empire. Thank you for your time,

Moff Boba Fett 123

4. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker

Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Lock please- if needed.

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Shouldn't this go on the Lit boards?

6. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Yes; it is also a topic that there are probably already a myriad of threads for over there. I would suggest that you take a look at the Literature forum and find a place to debate this issue there.

7. YV_Tsavong_Lah

YV_Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    Boba Fett 123:

I'll have to warn you though: my alliegiance go's to the Yuuzhan Vong first and foremost. But if you'll have me I will join. Tell me how and where you guys are.

8. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    You're the Governor. Come to the Empire whenever you need help. Usually an Aide is required, but I'll let you slide. You can also PM me if there's any problems. I'll also discuss with the Empress a possible way to keep your thread here.

9. Jedi_Mori_Shee

Jedi_Mori_Shee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I have a question, doesn't the dark side and the light side define the force? There for a part of it. Niether could exist without the other. Or I could be wrong.

10. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    The Force is one. It does not take sides; it is neither light nor dark. The Force reflects what is in you. If you are dark inside, then you harness dark power. The "Dark Side" of the Force is merely your own Dark Side. This is the shameful secret of the Jedi. They invented the Dark Side in order to enforce the opinion that the Jedi were all-good, and pure.

11. Jedi_Mori_Shee

Jul 19, 2002
    But I don't believe that there is such a thing in existents lacking good or evil. The opposites are together always. Nothing exists without them. Or could the force be such a powerful thing that it could exist without taking sides? But if it's effects are positive or negative then it has chosen a side. But like you said it is what we make it to be.

12. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    So you are agreeing here with what Vergere says? Because if you are, and this place is locked. There is a Vergere Fan Club. I will up it so you can check it out. Because I personally think this place is going to be locked and there is not too much I can do. I'm sorry and I wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Her Imperial Majesty, NEUE Empress RockDragon

13. Jedi_Mori_Shee

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm not sure if I agree or not.
    Just keeping an opened mind.

14. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    The Tao Te Ching he draws on, hm? What Confuscious would say I wonder, yes?

15. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    You must remember that what Vergere said was merely a theory, or an opinion if you will. Not necissarily fact. Just one being's belief.

This thread should be locked, BTW. As mentioned before, there are plenty of other threads like this over in Lit.

16. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    Governor Tsavong,

Please sign in at the Empire. Also, I am doing all in my power to keep this thread afloat. I hane received assurances you will remain a member for the lifespan of your thread. If the thread is locked, you will lose your position of Governor, but can apply for another position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.