Beyond There is no Death, there is the Force - A Memorium for The Grand Master

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmeraldJediFire, Apr 22, 2013.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Note: This was originally in A Hero Never Forgotten, but I wanted to share it with all.It's a sort of memorium if you will.
    Memorial of Life
    Ben stepped up to podium, clearing his throat and looking out over the vast crowd. He needed no aid today; deep inside he new what he wanted to say and he didn't need to rehearse. He wasn't sure how it would come out, but he knew it would flow just as easily, because the words would come from his heart.

"Today, we come together to remember a noble man, my dad, Luke Skywalker." He paused, feeling out with the Force. "A beloved husband, father, brother, friend and comrade in arms. An exemplary man. We gather here to bear witness to the life, not the death, of the man whom I am ever proud to call my father.

"A man whose strength and compassion were so great, that he was no doubt an exemplification of the living Force; a man who was selfless and self-sacrificing; who would lay down his life for the sake of those whom he held dear. He thought not of his own safety or well-being, and found it his utmost duty to put the welfare of others above himself.

"And even though, he is gone, I ask that you don't cry for him—I don't any longer. After the past week, I have come to realize that my dad would not want tears in our eyes on this day. He would want us to go on. He has not died, for his light much like my mother's cannot ever truly be extinguished in our hearts.

"I smile this day, because I know most importantly that he is with my mom, Mara Jade Skywalker, a woman whom he loved with all his heart and who fit him so completely. A woman who only served to strengthen my father into the man he would become in later years.

"He is with her, so I can't cry, because I want him to be happy." Tears glistened in his eyes. "I know he's happy. So my tears are of joy, not of pain."

(wipes own eyes) I hate it when I make myself cry. Hope you enjoyed..if it brought a tear (or many) to yours eyes..then this piece did its job.
    Last edited by EmeraldJediFire, Apr 22, 2013
  2. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    :_| no, no, no. No dead Lukie. It breaks ginchy's heart!! :_| I can't abide by Ben's rule of no tears. ;)
    Last edited by ginchy, Apr 22, 2013
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade