main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

There is No Gilramos Libkath... Only Lott Dodd

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by LottDodd, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Possibly two movies :)

2. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I also asked the Jedi Council about the character about a month ago. They're just avoiding the question.

Character?

Film says: Lott Dod
    Expanded Universe says: Gilramos Libkath
    Script says: Rune Haako
    Novel says: Neimoidian Diplomat

Actor?

Film says: Alan Ruscoe
    SW Insider says: David Healey

Voice?

Common sense says: Christopher Truswell

What's the answer? Can't say for certain but....

For the actors, it's David Healey under the mask and Christopher Truswell doing the voice. Alan Ruscoe did not go to Australia. He only made it for Plo Koons pick up shots in the arena.

For the character..

I say it's not Haako. The Neimoidian wearing that outfit had the markings of a Senator.

So we're left with Gilramos Libkath whom we know nothing about and Lott Dod.

We know Lott Dod is a Senator, but this Neimoidian had a very different voice and the facial features were different.

Gilramos we simply know nothing about. So the easiest solution is him. It would explain the deep voice and different face.

But the AOTC credits were just as hacked up as the film itself. I mean we know Truswell did San Hills voice, but he wasn't credited at all. If I were him, I'd sue.

3. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    No one Complains that Mas Amedda is a Different Voice and Different Actor... People do Complain about the Emperor in ESB, but he is still the Emperor... Their is Precedence in SW Movies to these Discrepencies. The Movies are what is UNDISPUTABLE CANNON... Everything else is EU to a Greater or Lesser Degree... If my name is in the Credits it is UNDISPUTABLE CANNON!

4. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    I'm surprised thsi hasn't been answered in that article they do in the insider.

5. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    "They" Even Claim that it is Bib Fortuna at the Boonta Eve Podrace... How can these examples be Established Facts... While Lott Dodd's Appearance in Episode II is the SOurce of Contravercy???

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The name's Libkath. Gilramos Libkath. I like my blue milk shaken, not stirred.

7. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I believe you LottDodd! :) Of course you would have went to Geonosis after having to withdraw from the Senate. It is ashamed that your throat condition has left so many doubting your true identity, thus culminating in a conspiracy to rob you of it! At least you have a correctly titled action figure in stores! Perhaps you should see what Viceroy Gunray can do to clear up your identity crisis!!

8. MOSEP

MOSEP Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    "The latest insider does call Libkath Lott",

and Passel Argente...senator Tikke´s aide!

9. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Tssk they're just flip flopping all over the place.

10. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    LottDodd, you had an action figure that had a removable hat and a hologram of Darth sidious! Stop complaining!

11. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I have An Action Figure!?!?!? This is A Joyous Occasion!!!! Can Somebody Post me a Picture or a Link to it!!!! Pretty Please...?

12. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
  13. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Wow, you're not too up on your merchandise. That came out in like September.

14. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    SweeeeeeeeeeT!!!!

I Love My Nemodians, Nute and Rune are two of my favorites from the entire Phantom Menace Collection... The Last Figure I Bought was the Supreme Chancellor Palpatine with his interlacing fingers, I loved that. But I am an Actor. Which Means I am Poor. Which Means Figure have to be bough on Special Occasions... Such as when I Discover the Lott Dod Figure!!!!!

15. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Good luck. He shouldn't be that hard to find.

16. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    Is the Lott Dod / Nute Gunray 2 pack from AOTC?

17. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    Previously, when a hologram version of a figure was released it was the exact same figure already available. Case in point Darth Sidious. Then they released those unposeable holgram figures of Darth Maul and Qui-Gon that actually lit up. Who knows what this set will be seeing that it is not yet released! Nute and Lott could follow the path of the Darth Sidious and simply be the two original figures cast in clear plastic, then it could be the light up versions which could reflect new AOTC sculpts. You'll just have to wait and see! ;)

18. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    I don't think they showed up as holograms in AOTC.

19. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    Are The Figures Holograms... or do they come with a Mini-sidious hologram?

Back on Subject... Lott Dodd was already an old Nemodian in TPM... By AOTC he is A Venerable Nemodian, He is an Old, Old man...

20. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    "I don't think they showed up as holograms in AOTC"

So what, Qui-Gon never appears as a holgram in TPM but was still made into a light up hologram toy!

"Are The Figures Holograms... or do they come with a Mini-sidious hologram"

The site lists the set as Lott Dod and Nute Gunray Holgram 2 pack , so they will be holgrams themselves! I doubt that they will come with a mini- Sidious, seeing that only the flesh and blood versions should have mini hologram accessories! ;) Perhaps the set will feature a new sculpt of Nute from AOTC with a clear plastic holgram version of the currently available Lott Dod. Who knows as of yet, but I think that would be very cool! :cool:

"Lott Dodd was already an old Nemodian in TPM... By AOTC he is A Venerable Nemodian, He is an Old, Old man"

Interesting, where did you come across this information? Is it from TPM novel? If so, this brings up another question; who is present with Nute on Geonosis as far as the novel of AOTC is concerned? Is Lott Dod mentioned, or Rune, or Gilramos?????? :confused:

21. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Gilramos Libkath

Geshunteit!

22. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    "Back on Subject... Lott Dodd was already an old Nemodian in TPM... By AOTC he is A Venerable Nemodian, He is an Old, Old man... "

Maybe he was reincarnated as Gilbramos.

23. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    The guy that says "We must get the starships back into space " is

Emperor Zurg from Toy Story 2

Listen to the voice it,s a dead give-away!

gez

24. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I'm just speculating by how old he Looks in AOTC, and the Fact that he was a Senator in TPM (although Padme is youg I get the Feeling that the Star Wars Senate is mostly run by old men) Guray also looks much older in AOTC.

25. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    You have asked the offical site right? You should email that section in the insider that answers questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.